The Retro-PES Corner

Ok, so apart from that Celta Vigo game in my 2013/14 Master League save on the Phoenix patch, I never really updated you all on what happened on it.. Well, the First season's finally over.
[HIDE]This season was a roller coaster ride, especially those last 10 games.[/HIDE]

So, how did the league rankings look like? Well we finished:
unknown.png

That defense is very very leaky indeed, but when you're a new player, I kind of expected it to happen
For a club like Barcelona, finishing 4th doesn't seem too great , although, In real life itself, finishing 4th this season looks like a very real possibility 😥 .
Especially when you see that MALAGA of all all teams is in 3rd 😂, Kind of Embarrassing no?
Also, Real Sociedad and Granada relegated? Yeah that was a huge shock to me, was not expecting that at all.

Now let's get to my team, main scorers and assist makers were:
unknown.png

Remember when I spent 10,000 points on Immobile in the market? When I played my first match with him (when Sanchez was in form, remember those 9 goals in so and so games?) I thought I had made a huge mistake, but I was WAY too early to judge him. When Second half of the season began, Sanchez form all went away! Don't know how, but as they say Class is permanent, form is temporary, well he scored 1 goal in the entire second half of the season. Well guess where all the goals came from then? Neymar got 4 goals in the second half of the season, Messi got 2, but where did all those good amount of goals come from? Immobile. This guy at a point had 5 goals in 3 games, he was on elite Prime Ronaldo Nazario form. Despite his huge lack of pace (73) he scored many goals and got me wins, which also once again proves that in Pes , the football and skills matter, not the pace, on Fifa try playing with a 73 pace striker, you won't even get by a month that you will need to get a 88-99 pace Player. That's the biggest and best thing I liked and noticed about Pes ever since switching to it, (even the newer titles have this.)

Other signings? Ter Stegen was a great Goal Keeper but our defense was not. So when our defense was (Somehow) good on a day, and Ter Stegen was the goal keeper, I could have MAYBE conceded 1 goal , but mostly I conceded none (when my defense was good that is).

Pjanic? I had same feelings like Immobile for him that he was not fitting into the team, guess what, the entirety of the Second half of the season, my DMF was Pjanic, too good , I feel like he will be better than Busquets. Busquets now sent to the bench (where all Barcelona fans want him to be nowadays in real life 😂) Not saying Busquets is bad, he was really good too, but Pjanic, I don't remember for how much I signed him but he is a steal for sure.

David Alaba is decent, helped in stopping many counter attacks and quicker players and even for some time was one of the players with the highest ratings for a defender within all leagues. Otherwise I would have conceded around 45 goals without him.

I have saved the biggest surprise for me, and also the best for last.
Cesc Fabregas. What a guy. Yes I know 3 goals, 2 assists, what's special in that? With those 3 goals and 2 assists, he won me 3 games in total with those. And I know that's good but not brilliant either , so what is so special about him?
I never really gave him too many chances, but this second half of the season was something else, I gave chances to players and they all did great. But Fabregas is a cheat code, if you ever happen to download this Phoenix 2013/14 World Cup patch and play Master League with any team, BUY FABREGAS. Your team could have the best midfielders (I had Xavi and Iniesta and for me those two are the best of all time, yes I am biased here, but I can't help) but Fabregas has that spark, he can create, he will be EVERYWHERE on the pitch. He can defend, he does Everything, He brings that spark in the team which could have not been there before.
Lastly, Sorry for such a huge wall of text at your screen.

Oh boy, what a mod I found.
For PES 6, it's a ball physics improvement mod and I aboslutely loved it. I hope it helps me improve my ML experience with whatever team I play it with.

So the second season is underway for Southend and an excellent start for us. Two 1-0 home wins against West Brom and Aston Villa with our new striker Sargent getting both goals. One was an excellent strike from a tight angle as he ran onto the ball and the other was an excellent header back across goal. He is reminding me a bit of Teddy Sheringham. Early days yet though.

We are playing a bit like Mourinho’s Spurs, get a goal and then hang on and hit them on the break.

We are in second place and Leeds are top. We have them next.:CALM:

Does anyone have any tips for a PES5 noob like me? :D

I'm currently on 3 stars and still find it very hard to score in many games. I am capable of moves like the super cancel and some dribbling moves with R2, so creating space isn't that much of an issue. Shooting however is always hit or miss, most of the time miss. I could be trying my hardest getting myself into good positions and the shot still goes wide or directly at the keeper, sometimes I even miss empty goals even thoug I only tap square. Sometimes I could be shooting casually from outside the box and it flies into the top corner, I just don't get it ^^

Are there any tricks for shooting? Do you also just tap the button most of the time? Do I have to flick the stick in a certain way while shooting? Sometimes it feels like shots are more dangerous if I flick the left stick in the opposite direction but that could be placebo..

Any kind of help is appreciated :)

Shooting however is always hit or miss, most of the time miss. I could be trying my hardest getting myself into good positions and the shot still goes wide or directly at the keeper, sometimes I even miss empty goals even thoug I only tap square.

Just more scripting from PES5 onwards, not much there is to it. Try more R2 shots and use players with 1v1 scoring card.

I am editing the non-licensed teams in PES 6, and plan on editing PES United and WE United to be Championship teams, so that means I might do a traditional english league for the ML xd

I enjoyed these two goals by Sargent, two assists by Phillips too.

A great 4 on 1 breakaway for us but still could not score :)

Hopefully we can improve on our finishing and not rely on the one man.

Last edited:
I bring to you...Josh Sargent, Southend's new talisman striker.

Ok we have only played 5 league games but he has 6 goals. Including an excellent brace against Watford which brought us back from 2-0 down to win 4-2. He also got 2 assists in that game too.

He is playing far better than his stats suggest which is one of the things that I love about all retro PES' because you can find hidden gems.

Here are his 6 goals so far, his last two which he scored against Watford are sublime.

Enjoy!

I just really hope that we can keep him in the next couple of transfer windows.

Here are the standings so far in the league. Hopefully we can get promoted.

210122-0044-33.jpg

Last edited:
He is playing far better than his stats suggest which is one of the things that I love about all retro PES' because you can find hidden gems.

So true. We've all had them throughout the ages. That decent player you pick up near the start or middle of a ML journey and they end up being a weapon!

-----

Second half of the season is underway. These three games are all against title rivals. Well, not title, but playoff places. So tight at the top, I've been sweating my way through these games!

Yesterday I found an old patch that I downloaded around 10 years ago on my external flash drive. I wonder where to share it now, here? Or open a new thread for it is the right way to go in such case?

It is for PES 6, called Bundesliga Classic Patch, I think made by a guy named UEFA. It was based on Bundesliga of the early-mid 90's. It has around 25 clubs I think and also included shirts, faces, hair and a nice stadium collection with the old Volksparkstadion in Hamburg, the famous Bökelberg (Gladbach), Wattenscheid home stadium and many more.

So true. We've all had them throughout the ages. That decent player you pick up near the start or middle of a ML journey and they end up being a weapon!

-----

Second half of the season is underway. These three games are all against title rivals. Well, not title, but playoff places. So tight at the top, I've been sweating my way through these games!

Good win in the end there with a great header from Lawson. Hopefully you will get promoted.

Next 2 games, very brief highlights of Southend v Wolves in the League, can we open up the gap between 2nd and 3rd?

Also the 2nd leg of the Quarter Final cup match against Bournemouth. 1-1 was the first leg result. Can we get a result as we rest a number of players?

Congratulations to Hernán Crespo, champion of the 2020 Copa Sudamericana as the manager of Defensa y Justicia!
To celebrate his title, I played a Konami Cup with Crespo's Chelsea in PES 5, and won the final beating surprising finalists Tottenham, with a goal of the man himself!
I went back to PES 5 because I felt like it, and I intend to give ML another chance, I just need to see how I will try and create it.

There is no that option before I start ML in PES5/WE9LE.
How can I undone if they are unlocked in the shop?

Unfortunately there's nothing you can do, you will have to have the classic players in the ML whether you like it or not lol.
Only in PES 6 if I'm not wrong we get for the first time the option to choose not to have the classic players.

Unfortunately there's nothing you can do, you will have to have the classic players in the ML whether you like it or not lol.
Only in PES 6 if I'm not wrong we get for the first time the option to choose not to have the classic players.

And in PES2008 if you unlock them, even if you turn off classic players before starting a ML, they still appear :(

I don't know if it stops them appearing in PES5 and PES 2008 but I would think if you edit the PES5 option file in the editor and change the pes points to 0 it should relock them.

I don't know if it stops them appearing in PES5 and PES 2008 but I would think if you edit the PES5 option file in the editor and change the pes points to 0 it should relock them.

I tried that method (pes point to 0) and it's not working. The only way is to reset pes shop to default.

The way to reset PES shop is:

1. Copy to some place your Option file from a save folder.

2. Delete your Option file from a save folder.

3. Start the game and save new option file.
( You will be asked to create new game default option file and you will create it and save it)
Exit game.

4. Use PES editor and open default game option file (from step 3)

5. Load Option file 2 through PES editor and import (OF2 Import, it will be your option file from step 1) to default game option file everything Except this: Options/PES points/Shop items/Cup gallery/ Memorial match data. Save it and exit PES editor.

6. You will now have your Option file without anything bought in PES shop. So you will not have classic players in Master League because you didn't buy them in PES shop.

Of course you will need to start a completely new Master League.

The old save for Master League will still have classic players.

I hope this short tutorial will help.

Last edited:

-----

Grande colpo di testa di Lawson, fantastico risultato per Juventus! :APPLAUD:

After a month trying to decide what to do, I finally came up with a nice project.
"PES 6 Uruguayan Patch"
This will be a patch that will not need a kitserver (things edited: 0_text and s_text from the dat folder that's not from the kitserver, 0_sound and the option file).

Uruguayan League 1st Division teams
Uruguayan League 2nd Division teams
Argentinian League teams
Brazilian League 1st Division teams
Brazilian League 2nd Division teams
Libertadores/Sudamericana mashup without including the uruguayan, argentinian and brazilian teams which will be in their own leagues
Some european teams

This is intended to be an updated patch, so every league will be from the current season.

Plus, since this is a patch focused in south american teams, these would be the names every competition in the Master League would have:
League A - Campeonato Uruguayo
League B - Liga Profesional Argentina
League C - Brasileirao
League D - Liga SA (SA meaning South America, this league would have the clubs from the rest of the south american countries)
D2 Cup - Silver Cup
D1 Cup - Gold Cup
European Masters Cup - Copa Sudamericana
European Championship - Conmebol Libertadores

This might take a while, but once I finish it and it's available for download, I will FINALLY do my Master League lol.

Big game this one against Brighton at the halfway stage of the season. This is how it stands at the moment:-

1. Leeds 18pts
2. Southend 15pts
3. Brighton 10pts

If we win we will open up a 8 point gap...

Update on the OF:

I changed some parts of the plan.
Since there are 140 clubs in the game, I decided to have 72 south american clubs and 68 european clubs, that way anyone can play the Master League in any way they want. So, you can do a full south american ML or you can do a ML with all of the european clubs (and 4 south american teams lol) if you prefer.

The 16 teams from the 2020 Uruguayan First Division
8 teams from the 2020 Uruguayan Second Division
16 teams from the Argentinian League
16 teams from the Brazilian League
16 teams outside of Uruguay, Argentina and Brazil, who played the 2020 Copa Libertadores

The 32 teams who played the 2020/21 UEFA Champions League group stage
36 other teams such as Leeds, Tottenham, Bayer Leverkusen, etc.

I got some kits done for the european clubs (I got them from another awesome option file for this season)
Pro Evolution Soccer 6 26_1_2021 0_00_33 (2).jpg

There are some european teams who still don't have their crest, those ones I will have to take from another OF.

I have one problem with creating the option file: the national teams. How the f*@k am I supposed to edit them? I kinda need help here :(

Are you using the Compulsion editor (or one of its forms)?

Nope lol

I was using the pesfan editor and the in-game editor, but oh well.

I gave up because I didn't want to have like Sadio Mane playing for Togo and stuff like that.

Idk what I'm gonna do next but I'll take a time to think about what to do.

Back
Top Bottom