The Transfer Speculation & Discussion Thread

Ilkay Gundogan (BVB) ---> City

'will sign a 5-year deal with City. Clubs have yet to agree a fee, but clubs negotiating fee of around £24m' - Bild

'it is expected that Gundogan will join City for a fee in the range of £20m~£24m' - Kicker

One of my favourite players :)

Last edited:
gündogan-fernandinho is a more than solid midfield, though I imagine pep will rotate the same way he rarely plays with both vidal and alonso together.

Pellegrini (City) -> Valencia

Valencia owner and Jorge Mendes in Manchester
ChCOerHW0AAU7tq.jpg:large

Hummels to Bayern seems to be picking up pace. Can definitely see it happening. Neither side has denied anything, and Hummels having been apart of the Bayern academy (plus apparently his entire family and girlfriend living in München) it makes sense, eventhough it's unfortunate for Borussia Dortmund.

Though I have to say, with Gündogan close to City and Hummels to Bayern, who will Dortmund sell apart from them. I mean, the interest for Aubameyang, Mkhitaryan, Reus and Weigl among others like Ginter, Pisczek etc. is there, but would they really sell just about their entire starting eleven in one summer. Surely some will stay?

i would not worry about dortmund tbh, even if they sell Hummels, they get a lot of money for him + he gets a lot of money he would be stupid to refuse...

i read somewhere they already signed that Dembele kid from Rennes but obviously will sign more players..

i think Auba and Reus will stay for another season... can´t see BVB getting rid of more than 1-2 starters and international superstars in one window...

perhaps they will get Gotze back who knows... but still they have some great young players like Weigl, Pulisic etc...who will be one day top of top imo.

Hummels is superb on the ball but I've never been impressed by his actual defensive work. Shouldn't be that difficult to replace.
BVB already seem used to playing without Gundogan (tho I have seen him come on and win the game a few times)
BVB always seem to do well in the market anyway

I have no doubt they'll find suitable replacements, but with so many players of them linked with a move away, a player like Aubameyang will be a high commodity as 'bigger' teams will want him and offer money Borussia likely can't refuse.

Dortmund are in an odd situation. They're one of the few top-teams where players can be poached from. Spurs can transition into this as well and are close to it. The question is whether they can afford to keep hold of players who will inevitably be sought after by the richer clubs. They're basically a feeder club now.

Niklas Süle (TSG Hoffenheim) ---> Borussia Dortmund

@damjan, there it starts :D

Caner Erkin (Fenerbahce) ---> FC Internazionale Milano

Shkodran Mustafi (Valencia CF) ---> Liverpool FC

There is some interest in Leon Bailey from Racing Genk: Leicester, Chelsea and Dortmund are interested. He's a great prospect.

Team mates who have also played with De Bruyne say that Bailey can become as good as De Bruyne.

Can't see Pep fancying him due to being uncomfortable on the ball.

He's a good defender otherwise. Would be excellent in a team like Leicester

Hatem Ben Arfa (OGC Nice) ---> FC Barcelona

Where he will miserably fail ...
He should go to Marseille or return to Lyon.
Or maybe a good Englsih team with a manager who is less a clown than Pardew (and not Newcastle).

But i think something is wrong with his character/personality.

He lacks common sense and intelligence.

Miroslav Klose (Lazio Rom) -> Unknown, maybe a MLS franchise

Allegedly Lazio confirmed this officially, but I can't find anything...

Back
Top Bottom