The Upcoming Movies Thread

been watching a few trailers. The ones that got me were:
X-Men 3, Miami Vice (I loved Heat so this is a must for me), Apocalyto, V for Vendetta, Superman Returns (but I have a feeling smallville will still be more enjoyable), MI:3, The Da Vinci Code, Pirates of The Caribbeans 2...
Yeah that's pretty much it. :mrgreen:

Mel Gibson or Osama?

DSC07203.jpg

can't wait for the warriors remake. Hollywood turns another of my favourite movies into worthless crap. you CAN'T remake cult movies.

Thanks for that Silent Hill Movie. Looks very like the game. :) Rhada Mitchell is also rather tasty. ;) Seems to have been on the go for ages.

Also looking forward to Pirates of the Caribbean 2, first one was classic. :mrgreen:

Didn't know another X-Men was on the way. Also Grudge 2, thought the 1st one was not bad, not sure how they're going to play Sarah Michelle Gellar in again though.

FD

Last edited:
Yeah, I have heard, although I'm not a big fan of these subtitled thingies.

Remember 'The Eye' that was good, but the whole subtitle thing got on my nerves. And the original Ring I thought was mince, actually preferred the US version. :shock:

FD

Being a silly old twat i rarely go to cinema nowadays (can't get in movie theaters in my wheel chair or zimmer frame) but there is one movie i really would like to see: "Munich" by Steven Spielberg.
Not a big Spielberg fan (although i likes Schindler's list enormously), but this movie is about the 1972 Olympic games and the kidnapping of a part of the Israeli olympic team by black september and the subsequent revenge of the Israelian secret service Mossad.
It's a movie about the pointlessness of all the violence of both Palestinian and Israeli...like always i will end up being it on DVD...

Gerd, I heard it's quite a dissapointing movie. it seems to have a one sided point of view. I haven't seen it myself, so it could be good anyway.

Anyone watched Jarhead? I thought it was surprisingly good. The acting is phenomenal. Jake Gyllenhaal really is the future I tell you.

Joost, i know that Spielberg is considered as biased in favour of Israël (like all "the other" people), so one might think that it is one-sided.
But the fact that both Israëli and Palestinians criticize the movie makes me doubt: either it is plain bad or either it is objective...
For those of you who are interested in the hostage of Munich 1972: there is an excellent documentary (on DVD) about that: One day in september.

Silent Hill opening in UK on Friday.

Really looking forward to this movie. Got decent reviews from what I've seen also. Love the games too. :)

Also, for some reason I want to see Scary Movie 4, actually got some good reviews, the 1st one was brilliant, the 2nd was good too, but the 3rd was complete cack.

FD

kevano22 said:
scary movie 4 is a let down :(

it could have been so much better

You were expecting something good after the first 3?!

Went to see Scary Movie 4 2 nights ago. Actually i didn't go to see it, I was dragged along by a girlfriend that would stop at nothing to see it. It was either go watch it or no sex for a month. Anyways, STAY AWAY!!! I think I cracked a tiny smirk once throughout the entire process of watching the movie.

The Departed should be coming out sumtime this year. its a remake of one of my favourite movies, Infernal Affairs. its being directed by Martin Scorsese.

cast: Leonardo Dicaprio, matt damon, Jack Nicholson, Martin Sheen, Mark Wahlberg, Alec Baldwin.

Plot: Two men from opposite sides of the law are undercover within the Boston State Police department and the Irish mafia, but violence and bloodshed boil when discoveries are made, and the moles are dispatched to find out their enemy's identities.

hopefully it turns out good.

Dermot said:
Went to see Scary Movie 4 2 nights ago. Actually i didn't go to see it, I was dragged along by a girlfriend that would stop at nothing to see it. It was either go watch it or no sex for a month. Anyways, STAY AWAY!!! I think I cracked a tiny smirk once throughout the entire process of watching the movie.

Was that when the two really fat people on a date entered the theater and tried to fit in the seats by any chance?

Jarhead was friggin awesome man.I saw it on DVD on my flatscreen and it blew me away.Its a very realistic war movie and some of the cinematography in it was outstanding.I just saw the trailers to Mission Impossible 3 too...you lads gotta watch out for one of the most hottest asian babe ever to grace hollywood,Maggie Q.

I really need to see Thank You For Smoking. I've done nothing but laughed at all the mini-clips and trailers so far. Plus, reviews all say it is magnificent. Unfortunately, it's not showing anywhere and I've yet to see it up on the net. Can't wait.

STR said:
I really need to see Thank You For Smoking. I've done nothing but laughed at all the mini-clips and trailers so far. Plus, reviews all say it is magnificent. Unfortunately, it's not showing anywhere and I've yet to see it up on the net. Can't wait.

I cant find it anywhere, its not showing in Italy at all!!!:(

Back
Top Bottom