Things in PES2010 That Drive You Insane

xinzhitan14

Retired Kit Maker
30 April 2006
The Outback - Australia!
go go go gunners!
I'd like to make this thread to find out what kind of "common" issues there are with this game. Don't get me wrong, this is an excellent game but it's the small problems that let it down majorly. And before you say, go back to pes2009 or I'm just plain crap at this game, I'm not. I average win almost 90% of my games, just these issues are enough to frustrate me through this gaming experience. Here are a few things which I just don't understand..

1) The Ref never blows his god damn whistle.

I've played somewhat 350 games since release and yet to see one penalty. I've been tackled numerous times in the box and each of them could've resulted in a penalty, but nothing. Also the dirty tackling/fouling CPU does a sliding two footed challenge on me in the box or out of the box, i get nothing but an injured player.

2) ML transfers.

I've played through 3 seasons of master league and just about every single player i've added to my scout list says "chances of acquiring this player is almost zero". Now, don't get me wrong, it wouldn't be surprising to see the likes of Aguero, Messi almost impossible to get, but even young players who don't even play for their team don't even want to move!

And not only this, I played tottenham and they have half the bloody chelsea team (lampard, drogba, terry, anelka), what the hell is going on? So I can't sign young players from the french ligue 1 or the spanish la liga but tottenham can sign half the bloody chelsea team? Also, every team has a completely different line up each season, so they can sign X amount of players but i cant? In my three seasons i've only been able to successfully sign ONE person.

3) The CPU is plain dumb with positioning.
No matter how far i push my defenders back, even to the goal line, i still get beaten by long balls. Like not just one or two, but every single ball beats my defenders! They never seem to mark the strikers at all, so I'm caught out a lot at the back.

4) Every team passes with exceptional one touch passing.

Fair enough if it's with PL teams, but even championship teams? They can hold the ball for somewhat 10 minutes without me touching it until i make a dirty tackle and get sent off. This is ultimately frustrating as when i try to do the same, its a different story. Usually my players fail to find space and i end up having to dribble pass everyone which makes the game more and more unrealistic.

5) CPU is impossible to catch.

The cpu grabs the ball on the wing and is almost impossible to catch, even if walcott is chasing him with a head start, he always loses out. When i dont have a headstart, there is no point in chasing because you cant actually chase them down unless their speed is <50. This felt like PES5 days when the CPU would bolt and you would never catch them.

Those are just the main issues with this game that I've noticed. Feel free to post on this thread, I'd like to hear your frustrating experiences with this game.

You mentioned everything I needed to.

The ref not calling fouls tops it all.

Another thing that ticks me off is some of the transfers are pretty ridiculous, like lampard joining sevilla, ronaldo joining chelsea.

Last edited:
Everyone always FORGETS THE ONE THAT IS A GAME BREAKER

Defensive pressure once you get past the midfield is PATHETIC. They back off, allowing you to have 20 yards of space.

That alone is my issue, everything else is "manageable". There's no challenge if that type of bug is still around.

Everyone always FORGETS THE ONE THAT IS A GAME BREAKER

Defensive pressure once you get past the midfield is PATHETIC. They back off, allowing you to have 20 yards of space.

That alone is my issue, everything else is "manageable". There's no challenge if that type of bug is still around.

oh yeh! i forgot about that one, but i wouldn't say ref not calling fouls is "manageable". It frustrates me when i'm locked at 1-1 against a big team and my player is taken down unfairly in the box and i get nothing called.

The 2 things that drive me crazy are:
1 - when an opponent with the ball gets near a player of my team, the CPU moves my player AWAY FROM THE BALL! So the opponent gets some space.
2 - if I play **** or ***** difficulties, CPU cheats with phisics, skill calculations, referee, movement of my players... etc etc

BUT it is FAR MUCH BETTER than PES 2009, or FIFA 10 (FIFA 10 only seen on youtube, but I can say it's nothing more than hybrid beetween PES 6 and FIFA 98)

At the moment, my main issue, apart from the referee (got 2 penalties in like millions games), is the goddamn defenders speed.

I just can't stand witnessing a fast player like Pato or Eto'o launched in counterattack at full speed being chased back almost effortlessy by the likes of Chiellini, Ranocchia or even Liverani (68 speed he has, 68 bloody speed). It's like they have bloody rockets in their bloody arse, but just when I'm trying to use fast players in a goddamn counterattack.

One may say it's a matter of balance skill, but come on, Liverani is as weak as a new born kitty in the goddamn game.

1 - when an opponent with the ball gets near a player of my team, the CPU moves my player AWAY FROM THE BALL! So the opponent gets some space.
2 - if I play **** or ***** difficulties, CPU cheats with phisics, skill calculations, referee, movement of my players... etc etc

BUT it is FAR MUCH BETTER than PES 2009, or FIFA 10 (FIFA 10 only seen on youtube, but I can say it's nothing more than hybrid beetween PES 6 and FIFA 98)

That one infuriates me nearly as much as the not getting penalties issue. The ball is coming straight for my player edge of the box perfect for a volley and then he takes 2 steps back.

:CURSE:

In my younger days it would've resulted in the controller being driven at the wall. Those SNES pads were pretty sturdy though, even Mario Kart cheat rage couldn't break them.

haha, I totally agree. And this is important stuff in the game.
I notice it gets even worse the harder level you put on, then even the worst team in the game can play me out like Barca vs a Cola League 2 team (run away from me real easy, make unrealistic tackles, getting the ball from every battle, perfect one touch passes etc).

It feels like Konami using a arcade game for game levels... if putting on harder level the games goes faster (flipper), the AI gets powers you dont have (and yours get weaker)... all that counts is superquick fingers.. like when meeting the last boss in a old NES game.

At the moment, my main issue, apart from the referee (got 2 penalties in like millions games), is the goddamn defenders speed.

I just can't stand witnessing a fast player like Pato or Eto'o launched in counterattack at full speed being chased back almost effortlessy by the likes of Chiellini, Ranocchia or even Liverani (68 speed he has, 68 bloody speed). It's like they have bloody rockets in their bloody arse, but just when I'm trying to use fast players in a goddamn counterattack.

One may say it's a matter of balance skill, but come on, Liverani is as weak as a new born kitty in the goddamn game.

I have this slight feeling that when you play 6 star mode, the cpu's team speed is boosted.. because i notice that i CANT chase down their wingers, as well as out run their defenders! I use theo walcott and his speed is as close as you can get to 100 probably and he gets chased down so easily by slow defenders! This game lacks a lot of balance..

What about goalkeepers that slide underneath the ball when coming out of their goal?
This also frustrates me, The goalkeepers are so damn stupid in this game. They do some of the whackiest crap every game. I got almunia/fabianski in my side and i cant buy a new bloody keeper because nobody wants to join the EPL/CL champions (why not?). So i'm stuck with watching them perform blunder after blunder week in week out.

What annoys me most about goal keepers is that they never perform heroic saves, they are either flat footed or the shot goes right towards them. I've never seen anything spectacular.. Maybe if i boost the goalkeeper skills up by 20 it might kick some bloody sense into them.

Referees and Goalkeepers for me. Also the animations are still terrible considering a 2010 game. 2010 will probably go down as one of the PES greats though...

Referees and Goalkeepers for me. Also the animations are still terrible considering a 2010 game. 2010 will probably go down as one of the PES greats though...

yup, despite all these problems, i still find that i enjoy the game at the end of the day. just these things frustrate me from time to time. if they do fix these problems, there's no doubt that this game will be far more superior than pes2009 IMO.

It feels like Konami using a arcade game for game levels... if putting on harder level the games goes faster (flipper), the AI gets powers you dont have (and yours get weaker)... all that counts is superquick fingers.. like when meeting the last boss in a old NES game.

:LMAO: Yes, you are completely right mate ... I know exactly what you mean. The balance of the game does remind me of those cheap Japanese games, I think Seabass & Pes Productions are still stuck in that last gen thinking. This year's AI is the most shocking in PES history personally.

For me it's :

1. Referees ofcourse. I had 2 penalties in 2 seasons (15 minutes games).
I was lucky i guess :)) One of them was a foul, one was some off the ball movement which i even didn't see during the game. And there were so many fouls on my players in the penalty area. It's a disaster.
I don't know, were they blind or did that intentionally Konami ? I can't understad how could they release a game with such an obvious bug.
2. Response. Sometimes i can't hit the first time shot or clear the ball instantly. Stopping with the ball is also useless, turning is delayed. It's not very very bad, you can get used to it, but could and should be better.
3. Animations. Some animations are very good, some are very bad. Especially running and sprinting with the ball is terrible. Come on. PES 3 running animations were better. And it was 6 years ago :BLINK:
4. AI. Our players are not running into position. Computer defence is leaving so much space for long shots. They move in line and no one is running to the guy with the ball. They also let us cross very easily, not blocking crosses, not even attacking the ball, letting you do what you want.

But generally despite all it's flaws it's the best 'next gen' PES and first 'next gen PES that i play and enjoy.
2008 was 3 weeks, 2009 about a month. 2010 still playing and enjoying:)

I must admit the thing I love and hate is the goalkeeper that advances on his own accord. My gk drives me crazy, but the opponent gks give me opportunities of chip shots.

An other thing is that 5 and 10 minutes games have a faster gameplay, why the fuck should I need it??? At least let me choose the gameplay speed! (I mean without kitserver)

PES 2010 on play.com costs 23 € at the moment, the sims 3 still costs 40€ after all this time!

I agree 100% with the OP comments. When will Konami learn and start listening to its fans.....before they all migrate to Fifa lol.

Through balls piss me right off. On the ground or in the air. They just go far too far in front of the player. Even a pub team player could pass better than some of these "stars".

agree with everything here .. on top of that the sluggish control of the players. They all move like bears on ice skates even with C.Ronaldo its hard to properly move around like him.. and the input response times make it even worse

One thing I really hate is how they call offsides. You can called for offside simply for making the pass, and not when the player actually touches the ball, which is really stupid. There are tons of time when the CPU passes and I intercept it, creating a perfect opportunity for a counterattack, only to have the referee blow for offside....

Most annoying things are refs and through pass. Never had a penalty in 2 ML seasons, their calls are at least ridiculous. As for the through pass, sometimes is too long, some other times too short, but almost never at the right pace....
I think this year's PES is one of the worse...

Hi Guys, new to the forum,

I am in love with PES2010 on PC now, especially online.

One problem I have found with PES2010 on PC is it feels like you dont have enough control when shooting... This may be because Konami have made the "shot power bar" fill up slower when you press the shoot button, combined with the animation time. What are your views on this guys? Am I describing "button lag" here or the "responsiveness" issue that people talk about

The effect is somewhat controversial, whether it makes it more realistic as you have to anticipate the right moment to shoot and the fact that its not an instant action. However, this version does let u set the shot or cross power more accurately as a result.

Also, something that has bee bugging me is the "PLAYER SWITCHING L1". I have lost many goals where I keep switching the player I am controlling with L1/LB in frustration without it changing control to the defender that I want to make the interception, how have people solved this?? I'm sure the PS2 version of PES allowed you to do L1 + Direction, but it doesnt seem to be work here....

I agree with you:))

I'll have my say when I update to v1.3. They say it features gameplay, and I really really hope it does, 'cause so far the game is driving me nuts, that delivering to a non-enjoyable experience.

Back
Top Bottom