Things in PES2010 That Drive You Insane

yeah ive stopped playing due to the 'bugs' mainly ref being blind, also its always way easier to cross the ball than dribble with it.. which makes for the same predictable play..

its just ahrd to feel good control to feel like a futbol sim.. hope they patch the gameplay stats and fix the ref..

EDIT% : just noticed 1.3 patch ..hope they done something here..

Most of the things added, plus no away chants - again! That destroys the atmosphere for important games like derbies, Cup Finals oh, and the World Cup of course.

I have one thing to say about Konami's sound dept :FAIL:

Stupid managers in BAL mode, they'll play me in a meaningless league game and drop me for the European Cup Final the game after despite me leading the team in goals and assists.
Or, playing for PSV and only starting every other game despite averaging over 7.5 and top in goals and assists, yet I get played at DMF instead of CMF or AMF.

Your not the only one mate. Here's hoping they release another patch that can cure these problems once and for all.

... The ball is coming straight for my player edge of the box perfect for a volley and then he takes 2 steps back.

I hate the 2-steps-back move :RANT: Maybe most of all the things mentioned.
I curse at least 10 times per game 'cuz this stupid decision of komani. What's the idea behind this move?! Why the player will move away from the ball when he has go intercept/volleys it.

1 - when an opponent with the ball gets near a player of my team, the CPU moves my player AWAY FROM THE BALL! So the opponent gets some space.

God Damn this one really screws me in the ass, it's never more clear which direction your game is gonna go in when this begins to happen.

This game is a disaster i dont bother to critisize it anymore but the problem that drivesme insane is should i make stadiums for this stupid game or not.

So..
The through ball button should be renamed to give away possession button.It was overpowered in PES 09 but it is literally unusable in PES 10.No matter who does the pass it always ends up being either too strong or completely wrong.
As if that was not enough the player who should receive the pass runs away from the f*cking ball!!

i still play pes 2010 in vain but still don't know what on earth is going on in the game, it's really frustraing to see and play pes this way.

There are really some gameplay problems in pes2010.
I think konami tried to make it harder for us and because of that almost every time I get a counter-attack move and there is 1-1 situation or 2/3-1 my player gets the ball and the first touch is so bad that cpu player can get back to defence. It's like coded in that I couldn't score a goal in that situation and the game looks "tougher" but for me its just a big bug what drives me insane.

There are more such things in game... sometimes my offtheball moving is so good that I could easily intercept the passes but the player just runs away(few steps back)itselt from the trajectory of the pass and there it goes : S

It's like konami can't make the cpu play football. They just have to cut down my freedom of playing in the game with some ... I'd really say cheating.

intolerable is that they said u can move the manual pass to button X, nothing !

so we must live whit this fuc.kin tru balls..cpu cheated..

coz manual pass whit right stick is unplayable

I know this is 4 days old but thought I'd chip in with the things that boil my piss.

Long through balls are WAY overhit, when you want a little dink over the top of 1 defender it's like a shot, can't say I have ever had a long through ball in the opponents half that was actualy a pass and not a 50 yard shot, they are terrible.

Passing headers are just a disgrace, they generate pretty much zero power and more often than not land at the feet of the other team 99% of the time.

Are headers almost impossible to win inside there box or is it just me? mostly because crosses are seriously overhit unless you double tap cross then they are too low, but the players just hardly ever win a header.

The referee, what the fuck? people run into me, blatantly stop me from getting to a loose ball and even if they pulled out an axe and cut me in half with it, I still wouldn't get a FK, yet if you breathe on them and they fall over like a drunk Italian it's a FK? bollocks.

Advantage, does it EVER EVER EVER EVER (times that by 700000) WORK? seriously maybe I'm unlucky but you just NEVER EVER in a billion years get a damn advantage.

Player controll, how come you can't sprint when you want all the time? sometimes you're forced to jog even if you're hammering sprint, sometimes you can't run where you want and sometimes the reactions are insanely slow yet for the CPU it's lightning quick. Player controll for me has always been bad in PES but it feels alot worse here.

Ball speed, is it just me or is this superfast? when you want a hard pass it goes 2 cm, when you want a passing header it goes about 2.5 cm but when you want a short pass it's about 100 mph and bounces off the player and the way the ball just picks up huge speed whenever it leaves your boot for a shot is seriously unrealistic, the ball just feels bad in every aspect from the way it moves to the way it dribbles at your feet.

Personally, the whole game drives me insane as imo it's by a long shot the worst playing PES ever, it's the best looking but the gameplay is terrible but the above are things that piss me off more than anything else and they seem to happen in EVERY PES. I'm going back to 2009 anyway, isn't exactly a great game either but 2010 takes the piss.

more eye candy more sales

its like all game series are gettin worse...
look at call of duty...
they destroy my hobby lol

I can´t play this game against the cpu anymore! It´s too obvious were ain´t playing the same game...

Playing against mates is fun, even if the cpu spoils the game sometimes. The possibiliy to shout at humans is worth the sweat!

Btw. Headers are easy to score for me, try to swing in early before the box. Through balls work pretty well, too, high and low ones. It´s all about the timing.

Tried BAL last week, but the cpu stopped me.

I know this is 4 days old but thought I'd chip in with the things that boil my piss.

Long through balls are WAY overhit, when you want a little dink over the top of 1 defender it's like a shot, can't say I have ever had a long through ball in the opponents half that was actualy a pass and not a 50 yard shot, they are terrible.

Passing headers are just a disgrace, they generate pretty much zero power and more often than not land at the feet of the other team 99% of the time.

Are headers almost impossible to win inside there box or is it just me? mostly because crosses are seriously overhit unless you double tap cross then they are too low, but the players just hardly ever win a header.

The referee, what the fuck? people run into me, blatantly stop me from getting to a loose ball and even if they pulled out an axe and cut me in half with it, I still wouldn't get a FK, yet if you breathe on them and they fall over like a drunk Italian it's a FK? bollocks.

Advantage, does it EVER EVER EVER EVER (times that by 700000) WORK? seriously maybe I'm unlucky but you just NEVER EVER in a billion years get a damn advantage.

Player controll, how come you can't sprint when you want all the time? sometimes you're forced to jog even if you're hammering sprint, sometimes you can't run where you want and sometimes the reactions are insanely slow yet for the CPU it's lightning quick. Player controll for me has always been bad in PES but it feels alot worse here.

Ball speed, is it just me or is this superfast? when you want a hard pass it goes 2 cm, when you want a passing header it goes about 2.5 cm but when you want a short pass it's about 100 mph and bounces off the player and the way the ball just picks up huge speed whenever it leaves your boot for a shot is seriously unrealistic, the ball just feels bad in every aspect from the way it moves to the way it dribbles at your feet.

Personally, the whole game drives me insane as imo it's by a long shot the worst playing PES ever, it's the best looking but the gameplay is terrible but the above are things that piss me off more than anything else and they seem to happen in EVERY PES. I'm going back to 2009 anyway, isn't exactly a great game either but 2010 takes the piss.

I agree with everything.

having started with ISS 2, PES 3, PES 5, PES6 (IMO the best version), PES 2008 and now PES 2010 konami is slowly ruining the franchise. the game is so predictable that it drives you insane. the only thing this game is good for now is playing with friends.

-you can score 4-5 goals on superstar just running on flanks and crossing it into the box
-you don't ever win headers from corners
-free kicks are impossible
-refs don't exist inside the penalty box
-ball physics are unrealistic
-your player will stop running for no reason once he misses the ball or overruns AI
-on breakaway AI will catch up to you every time

I get a penalty first time and foul was on penalty box stripe may be a bit outside :) .Its true that scoring with crosses are too easy but scoring from corners are too hard.I ve never scored from direct freekicks.i was scoring nearly every matches at previous Pes games.I thought there is a way with low crossing under the defending players which was working perfectly in pes 2009 but low crosses are extremely slow in Pes 2010.

And I dont think that pes 2010 has good graphics compared to other 2009-2010 released games offcourse excluding fifa and likes.I mean stadiums dont have a real lightning system which could be easly made with blender and they are only textures.Also they are same as previous games.Soccer models are same as pes2008 which i hate most.Crowds are out of quality.There isnt good animations like watching stands after goals.Rain doesnt cause realistic graphic changes on turf at least like pes6.There isnt snow.I dont know what is so good about graphics you talking about.If its about menus i've already replaced them with edited ones.Scorboards, kits, faces and balls too.Also kit models are same as previous games.Only improvments are size of field and a bit player mimics.The facts that i stated are not impossible or incredible things to do.So this games graphics are only at an acceptable level for me.

Last edited:
not once can i say that iv had a full game without exiting, drives me insane to see players struggling to pass and dribble, pes 2009 never was a mistake

Well the ai is such a bore it is crazy, like many of you have said even in superstar mode it is just too easy, and lets not forget no matter what level it is on the ai dont ever attack enough, as far as spectating or having coach mode in matches, that is the worst of all, players running into each other running the ball out of play, defenders just standing there waiting to tackle the attacker (when they bother to attack). Playing coach mode in ML resulted in non other than eleven 0-0 draws, followed by a 1-0 and a further 9 bore draws, PES 2011 can't play any worse than this surely.

1. the ref sometimes
2. the only fact that ex. Brazil is better team than Hungary is the speed of the players. And i can play online against anyone 0-0 but its really difficult to make a run to the opposition's goal line. And needless to say that a player with a ball its x2 slower.

I'd like to make this thread to find out what kind of "common" issues there are with this game. Don't get me wrong, this is an excellent game but it's the small problems that let it down majorly. And before you say, go back to pes2009 or I'm just plain crap at this game, I'm not. I average win almost 90% of my games, just these issues are enough to frustrate me through this gaming experience. Here are a few things which I just don't understand..

1) The Ref never blows his god damn whistle.

I've played somewhat 350 games since release and yet to see one penalty. I've been tackled numerous times in the box and each of them could've resulted in a penalty, but nothing. Also the dirty tackling/fouling CPU does a sliding two footed challenge on me in the box or out of the box, i get nothing but an injured player.

2) ML transfers.

I've played through 3 seasons of master league and just about every single player i've added to my scout list says "chances of acquiring this player is almost zero". Now, don't get me wrong, it wouldn't be surprising to see the likes of Aguero, Messi almost impossible to get, but even young players who don't even play for their team don't even want to move!

And not only this, I played tottenham and they have half the bloody chelsea team (lampard, drogba, terry, anelka), what the hell is going on? So I can't sign young players from the french ligue 1 or the spanish la liga but tottenham can sign half the bloody chelsea team? Also, every team has a completely different line up each season, so they can sign X amount of players but i cant? In my three seasons i've only been able to successfully sign ONE person.

3) The CPU is plain dumb with positioning.
No matter how far i push my defenders back, even to the goal line, i still get beaten by long balls. Like not just one or two, but every single ball beats my defenders! They never seem to mark the strikers at all, so I'm caught out a lot at the back.

4) Every team passes with exceptional one touch passing.

Fair enough if it's with PL teams, but even championship teams? They can hold the ball for somewhat 10 minutes without me touching it until i make a dirty tackle and get sent off. This is ultimately frustrating as when i try to do the same, its a different story. Usually my players fail to find space and i end up having to dribble pass everyone which makes the game more and more unrealistic.

5) CPU is impossible to catch.

The cpu grabs the ball on the wing and is almost impossible to catch, even if walcott is chasing him with a head start, he always loses out. When i dont have a headstart, there is no point in chasing because you cant actually chase them down unless their speed is <50. This felt like PES5 days when the CPU would bolt and you would never catch them.

Those are just the main issues with this game that I've noticed. Feel free to post on this thread, I'd like to hear your frustrating experiences with this game.

to sum it up

the cpu is in god/cheat mode.

notice how easy it is for their worst defenders to steal the ball with total ease from the back of your best striker and while you are with your best defender, you can't even tackle the ball from their worst player.

It's asif whoever playtested or even coded the game plays with one playing style, and that would be sprint down the wing and whip the cross in.

Even the CPU does it relenlessly against me, im always mixing up my playing style and hardly ever use wing play coz its too easy.

So when im running down the middle in a counter attack and trying to hold the ball up, i expect a team mate to overlap me and run ahead but they refuse to run past me! They stop when there level with me, so i cant even hold the fuckin ball up!

What the hell konami? What the hell...

Player Support -> 70.

More of an issue are the harder Dribblings, so u NEED to wait till one guy is running free, but they do whit 70 on support.

1) The Ref never blows his god damn whistle.

I've played somewhat 350 games since release and yet to see one penalty. I've been tackled numerous times in the box and each of them could've resulted in a penalty, but nothing. Also the dirty tackling/fouling CPU does a sliding two footed challenge on me in the box or out of the box, i get nothing but an injured player.

2) ML transfers.

I've played through 3 seasons of master league and just about every single player i've added to my scout list says "chances of acquiring this player is almost zero". Now, don't get me wrong, it wouldn't be surprising to see the likes of Aguero, Messi almost impossible to get, but even young players who don't even play for their team don't even want to move!

And not only this, I played tottenham and they have half the bloody chelsea team (lampard, drogba, terry, anelka), what the hell is going on? So I can't sign young players from the french ligue 1 or the spanish la liga but tottenham can sign half the bloody chelsea team? Also, every team has a completely different line up each season, so they can sign X amount of players but i cant? In my three seasons i've only been able to successfully sign ONE person.

3) The CPU is plain dumb with positioning.
No matter how far i push my defenders back, even to the goal line, i still get beaten by long balls. Like not just one or two, but every single ball beats my defenders! They never seem to mark the strikers at all, so I'm caught out a lot at the back.

4) Every team passes with exceptional one touch passing.

Fair enough if it's with PL teams, but even championship teams? They can hold the ball for somewhat 10 minutes without me touching it until i make a dirty tackle and get sent off. This is ultimately frustrating as when i try to do the same, its a different story. Usually my players fail to find space and i end up having to dribble pass everyone which makes the game more and more unrealistic.

5) CPU is impossible to catch.

The cpu grabs the ball on the wing and is almost impossible to catch, even if walcott is chasing him with a head start, he always loses out. When i dont have a headstart, there is no point in chasing because you cant actually chase them down unless their speed is <50. This felt like PES5 days when the CPU would bolt and you would never catch them.
All these really drives me insane.

I don't understand how players like G. Dos Santos, Macheda can pass so easily by the defenders of teams like Chelsea and ManUtd.

Sometimes my players receive the ball in the worst way, they just give back the ball to CPU.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom