UEFA Champions League For 360! (March 20th)

Prob so people would think, ah balls I traded in FIFA for this and now I cant get decent games online, I'll have to buy FIFA again.............

There has never been a good online football game in my opinion. FIFA07 was a joke (arcade bang bang!), PES 4,5,6 FORGET IT (lag, Adriano, lag, Inter, Adriano, Brazil, Adriano, quit, quit).

I don't buy football games for online, no point, thats where COD3 and PGR3 come into play!

There has never been a good online football game in my opinion. FIFA07 was a joke (arcade bang bang!), PES 4,5,6 FORGET IT (lag, Adriano, lag, Inter, Adriano, Brazil, Adriano, quit, quit).

I don't buy football games for online, no point, thats where COD3 and PGR3 come into play!

for a start theres no lag and multiplayer is where the best games happen

every game you play online you come against different styles and skill level

Agaisnt the computer its the same every single time. So DONT buy football games for single player get them for playing multiplayer be it with your mates or on live, leave the single player to games with a bit of AI like GRAW 2, Rainbow 6, Splinter Cell ect ect

Coopz, you must have a super-fast connection because I had lag with PES6, even after the update. You can't dribble (as has been said by other users) because you can't judge when the player is actually going to do it and who you'll run into as a result.

UEFA is the same though unfortunately - but FIFA wasn't, it was literally like playing someone in the same room. I'm so disappointed that they've changed that.

EA's servers suck unfortunately. Me and a mate who lived a few miles from each other discovered how bad it was playing Tiger!

Dj

Erm....thanks El Diego......anyway, moving on.

I checked my stats last night and I've played 122 competitive games now over the last few weeks - sometimes drunk, sometimes sober, sometimes on World Class, sometimes not,sometimes Liverpool, sometimes Barca so feel in a good position to offer a reflective opinion on the game.

I don't love it as much as when I first played it - however, I still haven't been tempted back to PES so that must be saying something.

I have to admit I don't see the varied gameplay that others have mentioned from the CPU - they basically either dribble all the way to your box, or switch the ball to the far side to then cross it in OR they shoot from long range if they are frustrated.

The awkward controls when trying to dribble annoy the hell out of me - how many times do I want to dribble the ball out of play as I look up? (I've tried 2 different controllers).

But, possibly, the single most annoying thing I have a problem with is the lack of AI from the CPU's bench - the default starting 11 is ALWAYS picked if available - you could beat someone in the first leg 10-0 and then the second leg would see NO change in tactics from them, nor starting 11.

If one of their players is sent off there are no immediate substitutions to sort things out - everyone just shuffles round one place to limit the damage (which, OK, can happen in real life, but often a change is made).

And then, on the same subject, if you're at the stage of leading a game that the CPU needs to at least draw, there are no tactical or personnel changes UNTIL THE LAST FRIGGEN MINUTE (and then they are ALWAYS the same subs too - never a different player either coming on OR going off!!!).

Ok, I'll take a deep breath.....onto the more positive time-passing changes; I now score more 1 on 1's than I do not so that's not too bad anymore, and still being able to play some great stuff betters anything I ever had with PES.

So overall, still enjoying the game a lot but will be ready for a new challenge come the next EA or Konami release and will not be returning to PES in the meantime.

Coopz, you must have a super-fast connection because I had lag with PES6, even after the update. You can't dribble (as has been said by other users) because you can't judge when the player is actually going to do it and who you'll run into as a result.

UEFA is the same though unfortunately - but FIFA wasn't, it was literally like playing someone in the same room. I'm so disappointed that they've changed that.

16 meg but even when i had 2 meg i had no lag what so ever

i played saunders on CL with no lag at all and hes on the other side of the world :)

I get lag sometimes but very rarely on Champions league. The worst thing about online is the faggot quitters they are really starting to piss me off.

I have NEVER get lag! I do have extremely fast cable broadband though.

Sorry CSaunders, trying to win my single player Champs league campaign!

:)

fucking garbage this game is. fucking garbage.

and i'll tell you why:

* Wheres the speed in this game? bellamy is one of the fastest players in the prem and he moves like a carthorse. Equally while Hyppia is no speed merchant when you control him he cant run!!! But when the ball is knocked long over his head he takes off!!!

* Running. When you knock a ball down the channels for your players they jog. ALL THE TIME. You can only sprint when you do the knock on with the right stick, an easy way to lose possesion!

* Difficulty level. The computers a cheat pure and simple. When you have superior players and you have equal energy bars as the cpu towards the end of the game, the CPU can still run fast, while your player trots!!! Equally you can knock the ball on and sprint, but the cpu with less energy can jog and tackle you!!!!

* Tackling. Still too many fouls called when its a great tackle. The cpu tries to dribble rings around you and just when you think you have him with a well timed tackle the CPU pulls you up for a foul. Aslo when you tackle the cpu and disposses him a lot of the time the CPU man will get up like lightening and retrieve the ball while your player just ambles stupidly.

* Movement. Your players NEVER move to the ball when you pass it. They just stand there waiting, while of course the CPU players constantly move to intercept to recieve passes etc etc.

This game has had me tearing my hair out all afternoon because the computer simply cheats! Thats the difficulty level. The higher it is the more he cranks up the cheating.

FUCKING SORT IT OUT EA.

I respect other peoples opinions but I am STILL LOVING THIS GAME.

I always play with a 4-3-3 formation (usually with Valencia) and I have been having really enjoyable matches. Antred's points just make me think PES6! I play the football I CHOOSE TO PLAY with this game - it's great!

How long has this game been out now? I have always hated EA football games but this keeps me going back EVERY night. If FIFA 08 is like this but with fixed glitches and more options (more teams, better single player options, online leagues) I will be an estatic man! :)

sold my copy of uefa on ebay, pes6 is good enough to see me through until pes7 comes out with decent editing options, IMO that's what adds to pro evo plus of course the solid gameplay

I haven't got the spare time to sit there editing all night - I work a lot and need a good, PLAYABLE football game. I really hope Konami sort it out for PES7 (because I have usually loved their football games) but until I play something VASTLY improved I am happy with UEFA. :)

PES still talks totally out of its arse though... I still cant understand how people say its better. I played my master league again the other night against a much weaker side than mine, played how ive played in other matches that ive won and this time I drew 0-0.... Why? the CPU Controlled players on my team DONT FUCKING MOVE!!! fouls get given against my players but the CPU gets away with the same foul.

The list goes on.

Dj

I can't even be arsed to waste my breath when it comes to PES6 these days - the game is a shambles.

^ mate I am in the same boat however I just wanna get the damn game completed so I can get shot of it.

Dj

I completed most the cups, can't be arsed to plough through the Master League it's way too boring!

I am LOVING UEFA in single player - had a cracking match against ROMA away last night with Valencia. It ended 2-2 and I score my first overhead kick. :)

Erm....thanks El Diego......anyway, moving on.

I checked my stats last night and I've played 122 competitive games now over the last few weeks - sometimes drunk, sometimes sober, sometimes on World Class, sometimes not,sometimes Liverpool, sometimes Barca so feel in a good position to offer a reflective opinion on the game.

I don't love it as much as when I first played it - however, I still haven't been tempted back to PES so that must be saying something.

I have to admit I don't see the varied gameplay that others have mentioned from the CPU - they basically either dribble all the way to your box, or switch the ball to the far side to then cross it in OR they shoot from long range if they are frustrated.

The awkward controls when trying to dribble annoy the hell out of me - how many times do I want to dribble the ball out of play as I look up? (I've tried 2 different controllers).

But, possibly, the single most annoying thing I have a problem with is the lack of AI from the CPU's bench - the default starting 11 is ALWAYS picked if available - you could beat someone in the first leg 10-0 and then the second leg would see NO change in tactics from them, nor starting 11.

If one of their players is sent off there are no immediate substitutions to sort things out - everyone just shuffles round one place to limit the damage (which, OK, can happen in real life, but often a change is made).

And then, on the same subject, if you're at the stage of leading a game that the CPU needs to at least draw, there are no tactical or personnel changes UNTIL THE LAST FRIGGEN MINUTE (and then they are ALWAYS the same subs too - never a different player either coming on OR going off!!!).

Ok, I'll take a deep breath.....onto the more positive time-passing changes; I now score more 1 on 1's than I do not so that's not too bad anymore, and still being able to play some great stuff betters anything I ever had with PES.

So overall, still enjoying the game a lot but will be ready for a new challenge come the next EA or Konami release and will not be returning to PES in the meantime.

Forgot to mention in my (ignored) post above that a really impressive thing recently was the CPU taking a penalty against me - my keeper goes the wrong way but the shot hits the post, rebounds back to the taker who then duly rifles it home BUT!!! it was disallowed as noone else had touched the ball - good use of the rules there I thought.

Haha same thing happened to me, except I went well and truly angry at the game "HE CAN'T DO THAT! IT CAN'T BE ALLOWED!" before realising it was disallowed and I felt stupid :)

I have been scoring some excellent and very realistic goals of late with Valencia (who I love playing with!).

Scored a wonderful volley outside the box with Edu last night.

When I went back to pes,It was awful.

Mind you, i forgot how to play the game.

When it all came back to me, I was hooked again.

Still the best football game by a long distance I'm afraid.

Actually heard that pes7 is gonna be the "dugs nuts"(360/ps3).

"Revolutionary" is what I was told.

No facts unfortunately, just a conversation with someone.

Fingers crossed !!!

Hope it's not bullshit.

Forgot to mention,If this was the case, would some superspy like ThomasGoal not know about any major overhaul ?

Last edited:
PES7 will be PES6 plus minor tweaks. Same old AI bullshit, same cartoony graphics and many more gripes....

Dj

Well I played PES yesterday after a long break and my was it F'ing awful. The look of it alone was something that belongs on the PS2 not a 360 and I didn't enjoy it at all there was absolutely no atmosphere me and my mate were like WTF? I'm sure it's not really that bad but after playing UCL, PES just felt last gen.

Well I played PES yesterday after a long break and my was it F'ing awful. The look of it alone was something that belongs on the PS2 not a 360 and I didn't enjoy it at all there was absolutely no atmosphere me and my mate were like WTF? I'm sure it's not really that bad but after playing UCL, PES just felt last gen.

That is because it IS LAST-GEN! The game engine, the cartoon-graphics, the lack of commentary, the poor A.I. etc.

Still LOVING UEFA - it's a great game! :)

When I went back to pes,It was awful.

Mind you, i forgot how to play the game.

When it all came back to me, I was hooked again.

Still the best football game by a long distance I'm afraid.

Actually heard that pes7 is gonna be the "dugs nuts"(360/ps3).

"Revolutionary" is what I was told.

No facts unfortunately, just a conversation with someone.

Fingers crossed !!!

Hope it's not bullshit.

Forgot to mention,If this was the case, would some superspy like ThomasGoal not know about any major overhaul ?

yep pro evo is still the best for me too, uefa is not bad and certainly an improvement, but those floaty crosses and crap shots really irritate me, im actually going to give it a bash right now just so i can see that theres not something im missing, but i just do not understand how people say it is better than pro evo, i just cant, i wish it was but for my money, it aint

Back
Top Bottom