Uefa Europa League 2013/2014

What a fight. This team has so much heart, so much team spirit. Really, really proud.

As the game, we could not have possession from long strechts of time. Juve’s midfield and defence controlled us pretty well, they clearly won that battle. But they didn’t have many chances on goal, bar the Pogba header that Luisão cleared over the goal line and Pirlo’s “surprise” free kick, there weren’t clear scoring chances.

The ref was very well in the game, with only some calls that were dubious, but that’s normal in game. But our complaints pre-game were justified. It takes one week to suspend a player. Juve’s presented their complaint late on Monday (coincidentally on the day of Saussulo match, probably for the controversy backlash to come after their decisive game). UEFA started a urgent procedure. That’s pretty suspicious in my book. Plus the whole “Torino 1949 disaster” banner complaint that is completely classless and unfound.

Really can understand Juve fans reaction. We didn't fake injuries or waste time (outside the normal, slow free kick taking, etc.). Markovic was supposed to be subbed, since he had already broken down, then had an amazing sprint and got cramps. Perfectly normal. Plus Juventus after that play had a huge counter and he remained in the floor. He wasn't faking. Anyone who ever played a competitive match knows that is perfectly normal for that to happen. The fight with Vucinic we don’t know who started or who’s more too blame (they both are in some extent). They are Balkan players so maybe there was something said in Serb that made them clash.

For the final. Will be pretty difficult. We are missing so many players. No Markovic and no Salvio will mean that our unproved but talented youngster Ivan Cavaleiro will have to play as right midfielder. No Pérez and maybe no Fejsa (still injured) will make our midfield less dominant and maybe without the same command of the offense. Maybe Garay will miss the game too. The injury looked pretty bad. But our subs will be up to the task, I believe, as they have been all year long. Plus the crowd will be rooting for Sevilla. But we have a fighiting spirit and team union. We are champions and are in three finals (Portuguese Cup, League Cup and Europa League).

SOMOS GUERREIROS

Well, first of all, my feelings for Valencia. I haven't watched the match but doing what they did against Basel and then against Sevilla and being knocked out at the end of the game..it must have felt like a punch, and I felt that last season and know how much it hurts...

About tonight's game.
Ok, I'll some understanding to some of you, as it is always frustrating to lose a semi final, specially when the final would be at our stadium and we were (theoretically) favourites.
What I'll never accept is someone from Juventus saying "If your proud of your team...." when my team played with 10 players, then 9 players, and manage to survive a very hard game on the conditions it was played.
I wouldn't be proud if my team history was known worldwide for corruption, for a manager that was also involved in betting schemes, etc. That's to be ashame. Not fighting or even wasting 4 mins of time.
And about that, since there's been so much discussion... Benfica didn't waste time on the first half.. On the second half, there were 3 players receiving medical assistance (Markovic, Sulejmani and Garay). Garay left the field all blooded and never came back, maybe he was faking too...;)
The ref gave 8 mins of injury time. 8 mins. So... Juventus lost because 2 guys wasted time on the field?
About the defensive approach on the last 20 mins... wouldn't Juve do the same?! I mean... we were in advantage on the tie and were playing with 10 players on a difficult field. I mean... italians are known for cattenacio!
What happen, in my opinion, and I said before the game started, Juventus was not creative enough to cause too much danger on Benfica's area.
Enzo Perez was sent off, Asamoah did the same and...nothing. Lichsteiner spent all the time pressuring the ref, just like Conte... they were frustrated they couldn't create enough chances...even playing with more players.

But as I said. I can understand that everything is still to 'hot' and sometimes we say somethings that are not so right...
BUT no Juventus fan will ever say to a Benfica fan that he shouldn't be proud of his team. That I will never accept. Sorry guys...as much I respect you, that doesn't make any sense!

Last edited:
And what about Markovic and Vucinic? red card because too players where arguing with each other? No agressions, nothing? WTF?
First half, 2 mins, ball on juventus arm, nothing. 2nd half, ball on Benfica arm, yellow card. Come on!... 2nd half, Markovic totally pushed to the ground = corner for juventus. Lichsteiner spoke 10 times more to the referee then Markovic and Vucinic with each other = no card. Dangerous two feet from juventus, no foul. Please, I hate to blame referees but he simply wasn´t fair in my opinion.

And there´s still people saying "Yeah you pussies, playing total defence just because you have 9 players in field! Shame on you!!" :CONFUSE:

Last edited:
EL finalist.

Who the fuck are you?

Wait, how many teams do you support?

Bye.

So a Benfica player is a member here? Cool.

What has my support for multiple teams to do with any this.

Idiot.

Conte is pretty hopeless at European football, its like he just doesn't get it. Sloppy at Copenhagen, sloppy against Galatasaray especially at home. With the players they have they should be doing a lot better.

Conte is a whining cunt. Blaming the ref! There were "bad" calls for both sides. The wasted time claims are just ridiculous. The ref gave 8 minutes! 8! And all the injuries weren't fakes. Marko and Sulejmani got injured and Juve continued to play. It wasn't to waste time, otherwise they would have done it when the ball was dead. Admit that you couldn't win the game, and stop complaining.

Journalist: "Llorente said he will face a Spanish team in the final. Pirlo said he felt pitty for Benfica. What's your answer to those player?".

Siqueira: "On the pitch!".

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=778365745531489&set=vb.554166714618061&type=2&theater

That's how we do it.

PS: Portugal swap places on UEFA's raking with Italy. Guess we are now the 4th best league on UEFA competitions. Maybe a little more respect from Juventus players would suit them well.

PS: Portugal swap places on UEFA's raking with Italy. Guess we are now the 4th best league on UEFA competitions. Maybe a little more respect from Juventus players would suit them well.

Right now Italy is still in 4th place. The swap will be with beginning of next season ;)
And this probably will last for one year, because after next season Portugal will lose 7 Points in comparisson to Italy.

But nevertheless, congrats to Portugal and Benfica :)

Last edited:
Yep, the swap will be for 1 season until the results from 2009/2010 expire and 2010/2011 move back the year after, so Italy would move back to 4th. (read this on the Guardian I think).

Yeah, I know. That's just to point out that Portuguese aren't bad and deserve more respect that the one that was given by some Italian press and by some Juve players. It's the fourth time that a portuguese team is in the final of Europa League in the last 4 years. Plus two more teams that only reach the Semi-Finals in that period. And Benfica was in 4-final against Chelsea two seasons ago.

IMO Juventus have reasons enough to be a litle bit morz humble: the performance enhanciong drugs and the cheating under Moggi.

They were extremely lucky that all they got was a relegation.

In Belgium clubs like that have to start all over at the foot of the football pyramid.

After last night 'hot' discussion about Juventus/Benfica tie, I feel the need to apologize to Juventus supporters here as I brought up, unnecessarily, the calciocaos into the discussion. As I felt Benfica being 'attacked' that was a sad way to reply. So I just want to say that I truely respect Juve history, an huge team, which 2 or so bad years won't obviously erase the other (more than a) century of glories and some of the most brilliant football moments it has provided us all through these years.

Terrible final so far. When it continues like that, Sevilla will win with a lucky strike and the curse will continue to exist.

Nope, all decisions were correct so far. Brych is doing a great job.

The match really picked up some speed after half time, worlds better than the first half.

From an emotional standpoint this is a helluva match. However, when it comes to pure football terms, erm, not that great of a game.

Last edited:
If I were a referee I would just lose my sh*t with this lot. Bunch of whinging, cheating, snide, play-acting babies the lot of them.

This is like an advertisement for why people dislike football.

oh god when this game will end? somebody score a goal, please!

p.s. finally! worst cup 2 final I've ever watched. it's managed to top 2000 and 2011 finals. congrats to whoever win it.

Last edited:
This extra time + penalties thing needs to be sorted. It's absolutely horrible to watch.

My idea is to remove two players from each team at the start of the extra time. If no winner is decided after 15 minutes, remove two more from each team.

Back
Top Bottom