WE8LE Master League Thread

has anyone treid bojinov, ben saada and le talelc,? do they turn great ?
coz i got them in my ML game.

They're all promising Inter ;) especially Bojinov but it's better not to specifically talk about HOW great they will become but they're all pretty promising ;)

fd1972uk said:
Yep, little Mobali (sounds like the Jungle Book dude :mrgreen: ) is usually on the bench, but sure he'll have a big part to play in the team.

I'll sort out Nasri as well where he plays.

I've qualified for the next phase of WEFA Chmps with 12 pts from 15, joint with Man Utd who are way behind in goal diff. Managed to finally beat PSV who have won 5 out of 5 in my league, however not fared as well in WEFA. They've beat me everytime I've played them from what I can remember and Venegoor has been a constant thorn scoring in every game, even when I did beat them 3-1.

Sitting 3rd in the league 2 or 3 pts behind them too. Really happy with my team now. Currently playing a 3-5-2 formation.

GK - Yawaguchi
CD - Yepes
CD - McGrew (Edited) (C)
CD - Pashazedeh
CM - Gazkhodizde (sp?) (He's actually more a DM, but with more offensive duties)
LM - Mahdivikia
RM - Kaebi
OM - Armando (Edited)
OM - Karimi
CF - Carew
CF - Roberto (Edited)

Subs:-

Destrahaut, Nakazawa, Mobali, A.Santos, Christensen and I think it maybe Valery.

Lol FD, If I didn't know any better I'd think you're a Persian dude in Glascow from that lineup and squad list ;)

ahhahaha ya he sure is !
btw good luck in fridays match against n.korea ! :P
and wish us luck against japan !! am goin to da match wearin all red and am gettin my face painted lol

:lol: LOL..........yep, does look like it. Just seemed to take a liking to Iran way back when it was the PSX days.

Funnily enough when I mentioned Azizi the other week, I was amazed to see him still there. So I might sign him up, although maybe when he's re-incarnated as he is getting older he'll be losing a bit of his pace. I'll also do the same with the likes of Blanco who is another big fav of mine.

FD

Yeah Blanco is a cunt though. Azizi is a great guy if you know him and a great professional ;)

Inter_211 good luck but i'm really saying this cuz I like you otherwise I don't REALLY wish you luck lol.. never against Bahrain. We kinda hate them and also every other Arab country and the Japanese/Koreans/Chinese lol.. in other words we hate and look down on everyone else in Asia but that's not good and I enjoy talking to you my friend.

I have many friends who are Chinese/Iraqi and everything but in general just wanted to be honest with you as to how Persians feel about Bahrain and those other countries so you know ;)

Take care and good luck bro.

Yep, the very man. Think the guy is excellent, and I've always liked him in the WE/PES series. I remember his boots where his national teams colours, so I always do that too with his boots.

FD

PLF said:
Yeah Blanco is a cunt though. Azizi is a great guy if you know him and a great professional ;)

Inter_211 good luck but i'm really saying this cuz I like you otherwise I don't REALLY wish you luck lol.. never against Bahrain. We kinda hate them and also every other Arab country and the Japanese/Koreans/Chinese lol.. in other words we hate and look down on everyone else in Asia but that's not good and I enjoy talking to you my friend.

I have many friends who are Chinese/Iraqi and everything but in general just wanted to be honest with you as to how Persians feel about Bahrain and those other countries so you know ;)

Take care and good luck bro.

lol yeah i know that and especially because we were the ones that kicked you out of the world cup2002 qualifiers, you needed a draw against us to qualify but we beat you :P, so you had to play agianst ireland :)

Its quite odd also because we have many iranians in Bahrain but with bahraini passports :P lol. I am half persian and i speak abit of persian :P. I do cheer for IRan in games which dont involve Bahrain :P
They have amazing players and i pointed that alot in this forum !

I know bro so i'm sorry to have sounded like a jackass at times. It's just that if you're half Persian you must know how we feel cocky and stuff ;).

Anyways I won't ever cheer for Bahrain as I feel these little Arab countries have been cruel to us in the past. Through bribing refs and rolling on grass when they're up and many other bad tactics them and their role model Saudi Arabia has screwed us many times. You can't help but feel a small hatred for them.

But I do like you as a person and wish you luck lol and you're right another reason is because of our result against them for the WC 2002 qualifiers which still has left a bitter taste in our mouths.

Take care and glad to hear you're half Persian lol.

Right, I have finally started a new ML on WE8LE. My team is the Hamburger SV and I have to admit it's quite a challenge on six stars. Much harder than on PES4.
I was having a good start actually but then I got serious problems as the players were acting lethargic. Had some defeats in a row, also a disastrous 0-6 against the league leader FC Bayern München. That was an absolute disgrace. But after this match it became better again. I managed to win against the third, Hertha BSC Berlin, and the second, Bayer 04 Leverkusen. So I was helping FC Bayern München to increase their lead to six points. I am sitting on place ten with: W: five | D: four | L: five.
It's all very close and everything is still possible. This is the first time that I have to fight really for good results and sitting on place then in midseason is also a totally new experience for me but I am loving it.
Top scorer is R. Makaay with fourteen gols und and top assister is my right winger M. Mahdavikia with eleven.

This is my starting eleven:

--------------------------------------------------------
------------Schlicke----------------------E. Mpenza-----
--------------------------------Trochowski-----------------
----------Boulahrouz------------------------------------
Wächter----------------Benjamin------------------Kukovic
----------v. Buyten-------------------------------------
-----------------------------------Jarolim--------------------
------------Wicky---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------Mahdavikia-------

I don't really have a big talent in my team, the only one who looks promising is the eighteen year old M. Kukovic. He is top scorer in my team with six gols and quite a heading monster who gets precise crosses delivered by M. Mahdavikia.
B. Lauth is disappointing though and therefore mostly on the bench. S. Barbarez is alright, scored also a few but he is too old.
And E. Mpenza is amazing too. If he plays. This guy is injured so often. His injuries don't last long, one to three matches break at most but after every time he got tackled down I fear for his health.
That was all for now, there's only one match to go til the transfer window opens. I hoping for getting one, perhaps two, young players. I am not sure yet though for which position I should set priority and look for.

Bye.

Team is going really well, sitting 3rd a couple of points behind PSV and a point behind Galatasary whom I got a 2-2 draw away to. Qualified top of the WEFA Champs on 15 pts, with Man U on 12 in 2nd place.

My forward line of Carew and Roberto have been outstanding, big Carew has been absolute superb up front banging in plenty of goals and generally causing havoc with his height and strength. Also for his size, must be one of (if not the) quickest big men in the game.

I'm racking up plenty of points so might try and do a deal for Ismailov and maybe Nasri too, if I can do a couple of Trades.

FD

No, I haven't done the new transfers and I won't do that til all transfers are done and the window closes.
But who knows, perhaps I will make him an offer.

At the moment I'm playing my first ML in quite a long time,
I'm playing as Rennes in the french league and I have just completed my second season where I have clinched the title
My first season was about consolidation and getting used to the players and seeing what formation would get the most out of them, I ended the season finishing 5th

I made my sole target in the second season winning the league, I went out of the WEFA championship, Ligue 1 Cup and WEFA Masters cup at the first round, I have a very young squad and around 24 players and knew I wouldn't be able to compete on all fronts.
My league season started very well, I was brushing most teams aside with ease but then in a WEFA champ game against PSG I suffered bad injuries to my main 2 key players, My best striker and goalscorer Alexander Frei was ruled out for 50 weeks and my main creative force Oliver Monterrubio for 15 weeks :(
My striker problems didn't affect me as much as I first feared, Frei's strike partner Toifilou Maoulida took over the goal scoring responsibilities and finished top scorer in the league with 24 goals, I also had to rotate my other 3 young forwards to plug the gap left by Frei's absence, Jimmy Briand was probably the best out of the three with 10 goals and 5 assists, also Georgios Samaras contributed massively, he may only have scored 5 goals but they were all in important games
I did suffer without the creative input of Monterrubio and my form became a little inconsistent in the middle of the season, because of this Lens took over at the top of the table and the gap between us fluctuated between 1 and 3 points.
With 6 games of the season left I was still trailing them by 3 points but had Monterrubio back, who was now fit and playing well.
My run in was the following:
Auxerre (H)
Lens (A)
Sochaux (H)
Nantes (A)
Marseille (A)
Paris-SG (H)

I beat Auxerre comfortably 2-0 at home and after the game learned Lens had lost, this meant I was going to Lens level on points with them but ahead on goal difference, I no longer had to win at all costs and I simply had to make sure I just didn't lose, so I would keep my destiny in my own hands.
The game at the Stade Félix Bollaert was a very cagey affair, I kept possession well for most of the 1st half and restricted them to long range shots from free-kicks and went in at half time 0-0. At around the 50th minute I managed to take the lead, my gangly striker Samaras managed to get a toe to the ball after the keeper had saved and poked it into the net, from that moment in the game Lens threw everything they had at me(I have never seen a cpu team attack that aggressively so early in the game before) but I managed to hang on for the 1-0 victory and come away with a 3 point lead at the top of the table.
Sochaux were my next opponents and I beat them easily 3-1, Lens were beating Marseille 2-1 at half-time but ended up drawing 2-2 which extended my lead to 5 points.
I now travelled to Nantes knowing that with only 3 games left that if I won and Lens didn't match my result I would clinch the title, which I really wanted to do before I played the French giants that are PSG and Marseille, I won 3-1 despite going 1-0 down early on, my strike combination of Maoulida and Briand pulled us out of trouble and won us the game, after the game I found that Lens had lost 4-1 at Lyon, thus handing me the title. My players were presented with their medals on the Stade de la Beaujoire pitch and my captain Cyril Jeunechamp lifted the trophy. :)

My championship winning team:

--------------------Isaksson------------------
----------------------------------------------
--------------Ouaddou------Faty---------------
Perrier-Doumbe--------------------Jeunechamp--
----------------------------------------------
--------------Didot---------------------------
---------------------------Dudu---------------
Chimbonda-------------------------------------
-----------------------------------Monterrubio--
-------------------------Maoulida-------------
-------------Briand---------------------------

Final Standings:

P W D L GF GA DF PTS
Rennes 30 21 4 5 62 30 +32 67
Lens 30 19 5 6 50 29 +21 62
Marseille 30 17 4 9 49 37 +12 55
Monaco 30 15 8 7 47 28 +19 53
Lyon 30 15 4 11 38 33 +5 49

Top Scorer:

24 Toifilou Maoulida (Rennes)
18 Habib Bamogo (Marseille)
18 John Utaka (Lens)

Top Assist:

12 Oliver Monterrubio (Rennes)
8 Pegguy Luyindula (Marseille)
8 Alexander Pavlenko (Sochaux)

He probably sold him if it's not even in his 1st 11 which I find weird. He's one hell of a player. Very complete.

And what happened to Ligue 1's best striker, Alexander Frei ?? :(

ClassicD said:
Nice, what about Kallstrom, I don't see him mentioned?

Kallstrom was sold at the end of the first season to Milan, I see Rennes as primarily a selling club where I develop promising players and then sell them on to big clubs for a decent amount of money.

ok that's nice and realistic then. We have same rules in PES4 ML thread. If we're a club like Sochaux, Rennes and a bigger club comes in with an offer we have to sell :)

What happened to Frei though?

Just finished my 2nd season with Athletico but it was such a non event that I aint even gonna go into the details ;)

Mid-table mediocrity Chris?

PLF/Jeff, I can see the reasoning behind being a 'selling' club. After buying van den Borre in the mid-season window a season or so ago, I sold him onto Juventus the following pre-season, he spent only 6 months at the club. His stats probably made him the most complete player in the game, able to play anywhere on the pitch to a very high standard. But since then I've been thinking, if I've won the Champions League the past 2 seasons, plus Ligue 1 in the past 3, I'm essentially 'the daddy' in terms of my ML's team status. When you factor in that in my game Rennes have Ljungberg, and Auxerre have Veron, plus young ZICO AND RIVELINO (doh!), I am sort of thinking maybe in my game the French league has developed into a comparable arena with Serie A, La Liga, EPL, etc.

If I win the treble again this season, I'll be starting a new ML with a PSOne-style ML structure rather than a 'realism' one (all the best teams from the game rather than devoting a league slot to an entire federation (Ligue 1, Serie A, etc)).

Yeah I think about that as I play ClassicD.

For example in my starting season as Sochaux when a bigger club came in for Wilson Oruma, I sold him.

I also sold Santos but managed to hold off bids for my younsters Zairi and Mathieu from other French clubs even one from PSG because the offer was unacceptable :) not enough money.

But as I won the French league a few times and ONCE the CL in 3 seasons. I did start buying a HIGHER quality of players not the usual type i'd buy in first season and did better to hold on to some of my players from bids from big clubs because now it made sense that they'd want to stay at their childhood dream club now that it's good itself but still I realized that one CL win isn't gonna turn a club the size of Sochaux into an Italian/Spanish giant and when Real came in for my captain/best player/best promising player and fan favourite, Jeremy Mathieu who represented everything Sochaux stood for, I had no choice to sell him but I was happy to see him go to a mucb bigger club and become one of the best players there and for French National team.

So yeah I take it all into consideration and depending on my recent success/failure I acquire higher/lower quality of players than I used to and basically I play like FM or a championship manager because i'm Mr. Realism lol.. i dont think anybody is more obsessed with realism in these videogames than me.

And I don't know... I wouldn't do a league like that ClassicD but sure if you want go ahead. The fact that it aint realistic will kill me. Though it would make me feel better to have EPL with Rangers and Celtic in there instead of 2 crap teams to make it more challenging. Or to have a La Liga with the 3 Portugese teams rather than having complete bullshit league with like PSG, Marseille, Inter, Barcelona, Spartak and Porto in my league. Cuz it kinda also ruins purpose of WEFA championship games since you're already facing foreign teams.

Take care

That's the way I have my leagues, kind of. Mixing some countries with each other. I have the likes of England & Scotland & Germany, then Spain, France & Portugal, then I have Italy & Greece, then I have the other nations mixed in together where I play therefore I'm playing Turkish, Russian, Dutch, Belgium etc etc.

At the moment I'm 2points behind PSV. Also in a comfortable position in the WEFA after my 2nd phase group had me against Milan, Bayern Mun and Real Sociedad. Drew with Milan (A) and beat Bayern 2-0 (H). Although was beat 1-0 in the D1 Cup by Spartak Moscow. A bit annoying as my game actually crashed after I had whipped them 4-1. My star striker Roberto had a 3 week lay-off, although he's back, so that will boost the team.

FD

Noaxx said:
I have 99999 wen-points, can I use these points for the masterleaque?

You mean like buying players and stuff? No, you can't :)

Only thing you could do is unlocking old players in WE shop, so they would appear as being buyable in ML mode. But I won't do that, it only hurts realism.

That's exactly what I mean, thnx Kezz!
I am a old cheating basterd, hehehehe...

There is no way to cheat or something so I get more money to spend in the masterleaque?

Noaxx said:
That's exactly what I mean, thnx Kezz!
I am a old cheating basterd, hehehehe...

There is no way to cheat or something so I get more money to spend in the masterleaque?

You can set the amount of points you have when you start the ML, anything from 5000 to 30000 I think it is

Yes you can, assuming you buy that option in the shop which for you should be no problem with all that WEN.

PLF yep realism was what I was after, but the game is IMO set up in a way which makes this impossible to achieve. Examples are being unable to set up the leagues correctly, firstly because you can't even fit all the teams into their league and have to leave some out, and also because no matter how hard you try you'll always end up with 'non-domestic' teams being promoted into your division and ruining it's nationality.

Throw in the AI buying classic players and it get ridiculous - I know if I don't unlock them that is solved, but I LIKE playing the odd exhibition match with Marco van Basten, Pele, etc, why should I have to miss out on that? The re-incarnation of existing players is annoying as well (oh look, a Brasilian with big teeth called Ronaldinho, who just so happens to play as CF/OMF, I wonder if he'll be any good!).

The WEFA thing - every season I always get drawn with another French side in my group. When you look at the other groups, there are Italian sides together, Spanish sides together, etc, so that is a farce anyway.

Plus I'm just getting bored of playing the same teams every season, in the same stadia. If I start another ML and choose a German team in Bundeliga, the same thing will happen I guess, so I'd rather play all big teams than a few rivals and then the rest of my domestic season is made up of facing the Nantes, Bastia and Caens of this world.

;)

Wow wow wow... watch out there about Nantes buddy! ;)

They're not a team that you can just easily mention as a weak team and put in same sentence as Bastia and Caen. They're more like Aston Villa or Tottenham who just had one bad season.

Anyways back on point, I understand what you're saying but you see for me I NEVER get teams that would ruin the realism of the league beacuse the way I set it up, the only teams that get promoted from Div 2 are ALSO French. You have to put 4 French teams in Div 2 and make sure they're not the WEAKEST ones so instead of putting Istres there, put Ajaccio or Nice so they have more chance of qualifying over 4 other teams.

For your 4 other teams you choose,

De Grafschap
Den Bosch
ADO Den Haag

and one more team.

It could be Freiburg of Germany for example.

Chances are 99% of time French teams will come up and go down.

As for Classic player thing, I see your point, you shouldn't be punished for that by since fuckin stupid Konami haven't given us the option of buying classics but LOCKING them in ML. I'd much rather have realistic ML than play an exhibition with players who have everything above 90's anyways.

The player re-incarnation is bad as I'd prefer them to have maybe different appearance and name at least but it hasn't happened but maybe WE9. Either way it doesn't bother me that much yet. Cuz I never get to play ML for more than 4-5 seasons.

But when I do get bored with one ML, I do move onto another realistic league like Serie A, La Liga or Bundesliga now.

And the bigger your league is of course the more chance of you not having WRONG domesitc teams ever since if you put Reggina, Bologna, Parma or Brescia in Div 2 they'll almost defintely 2 of them will get promoted over 4 teams mentioned above. Although if I weren't playing with France, I'd put Istres there instead of Freiburg.

Back
Top Bottom