WE8LE Master League Thread

The chance of one of those other teams making it is always there though, by the law of averages, eventually it happens.

As for Nantes, one of my favourite French sides as I love their colours, but if I was in the EPL I'd be bored of playing Aston Villa and Spurs anyway ;).

I recently have started a ML too in ML as FC Volendam. They are the default ML team but with their names and nationalities edited so they suit FC Volendam. I have made 6 other dutch clubs so my league 1 and 2 are full of dutch clubs. So no bullshit with clubs from other countries in your league.

I have to say this is by far the best ML I have started recently.. My team is terrible :) They are really awfull even compared to all the smaller dutch teams cause I gave all dutch teams +10 shoot acc. and +12 teamwork. So that makes it way harder to play against dutch teams.
I am currently 4th from the bottom in my first season:

-Heracles Almelo 24 points
-RKC Waalwijk 21 points
-FC Volendam 21 points
-SC Heereveen 18 points
-NEC 18 points
-FC Groningen 14 points

There are 5 matches left and as you can see it will be a hell of a climax in this league!
I can mention my whole team but I am sure noone knows the players but its just the default ML team in a 4-2-2-2 formation.
So far I have bought 2 players, Vilakazi, 22, DMF, 168 CM and who is South-African international. I like this kind of players cause I have mainly dutch players in my team so a black one gives the team an extra ''glitch'' + the fact that I like players ala Davids, small but they ''fight'' till the end.
And I have bought Beekmans of FC Den Bosch in the winterbreak. This guy is dutch, 23, 192 cm and DMF,CB or SB. I have bought him cause my defense gets pretty easily tired and mainly cause I got way to much goals against. Although Wijker (Vorlander) is a good defender and Huisman (Valeny) too but when they see more then 2 strikers infront of them they are fucked up. But now with Beekmans infront of them they dont have so much pressure anymore. Vilakazi is one place upfront now with the coming of Beekmans cause he is quick and he can serve my topscorer Ketting (17 goals of the 24 i scored!!!) beter.

For the next season I am just allowed to buy 2 players (every summer 3 but becasue I bought Beekmans so 2 left) That will probably a OMF and DF cause Wijker (Vorlander) will stop. Players which are in my eye are Luirink (comes from Volendam now plays at Groningen) Willems (Sparta Rotterdam) D.H. Kim (South-Korea and multifunctional) Miel Mans (AZ Alkmaar)
But of course i will never be able to hold my topscorer Jeroen Ketting. I am sure a club will bed for him. A guy who scores +17 goals for a relegation battler can never stay at his club. So I have to look for a striker too which will be Kallio (196 cm Finland) Wessels (VVV-Venlo) or Kovacs (Hungary)

So iam looking to the summer to do 2 (maybe 3) transfers. And after that a fucking heavy season again cause most of my subsitues have went worse and worse and worse in stats. So bring it on!

What does everyone think about 5* possibly being harder than 6*?

I'm playing as Liverpool - match mode roster - in my first 5* season, I just managed to win the title, v. close - in my second, 6*, I was way ahead of Chelsea at the top and won the WEFA cup pretty easily. It seems like it's far too easy to counterattack as the comp players overcommit...I'm thinking of switching back during the offseason.

-v

5* is harder according to me and most PES4 ML players if you read through PES4 ML thrad. We've had discussion several times and the reaosns are what you said yourself. On 6* the CPU gets TOO hard-core and TOO attack-based. They'll throw 9 men at you when attacking and not leave sufficient backup and get counter-attacked every game and lose by more than they did on 5* when playing a bit more conservatively.

Overall I've compared my seasons and on the seasons I played with 6* I have scored MORE and conceded LESS with the same team against same oppositoin.

inter_211 said:
has anyone treid bojinov, ben saada and le talelc,? do they turn great ?
coz i got them in my ML game.

Where is 'Vomme' in WE8:LE. I'm using the Ole' Gangsta Patch and can't seem to find him. Was my favorite young defender in WE8I. Another one is the brazilian Evortago? Cna't find him either. Are their name's changed.

In my 3rd season of ML, using real. Got some spare cash after dumping players like Carlos, Raul, Morientes, Zidane & Figo. Want to rebuild my team.

Any help appreciated.

PLF said:
You mean "Wome" ? The Cameroonian ?

Don't think it was Cameroon. In WE8I (unpatched) it was still 'Vomme' cant remember which team he played for there, but I think the nationality was German. (btw he was not causcasian/black": more brown skinned).

Turns out quite well in the end.

Glad if you could help out. Thanks.

Sorry can't help you because I don't know him! :shock:

Are you sure you spelling name right?

Vomme is van den Borre from Anderlecht. But he's not brown skinned, if I recall correctly.

Kezz said:
Vomme is van den Borre from Anderlecht. But he's not brown skinned, if I recall correctly.

Hmmmm.Van den Borre. Never would have guessed it. Thanks, i'll check it out tonite. Seems brown/tan to me in WE8I. Anyways, thanks for the clue.

Cheers.

Seems like a good time for an update, there hasn't been any in a while in the midst of all this WE9 talk.

Umm, almost done my third season as Suwon Bluewings, won the double last season (Cup and League) and got lots of cash from that to spend on players. Here we go, my squad for this season:

SUWON BLUEWINGS
La Liga
4-3-3A

GK Mondragon (Lewis)

LSB Virota (Leo)
CB Kompany (Kim Tae-Young)
CB Sutto (Dulic)
RSB Heinze

DMF van Bommel
CMF van Borre (Berkant)
OMF [C] Gerrard (Cardozo/Nakata)

LWF Luis Garcia (Nasri)
CF Adriano
RWF Dakol (Park Joo-Young)

I just played the 2nd leg of the D1 Cup semifinal vs. Real Madrid, what a game it was. First leg was 2-1 for me at the Bernabeu. 9 minutes in, Ronaldo heads in an Owen cross from the right, it's 1-0 and 2-2 aggregate. I keep attacking, 35th minute, Gerrard's shot from 35 yards hits the post and goes out.

2nd half, I keep attacking, a fierce Adriano shot is turned round by Casillas. van den Borre tries one from distance, it goes wide. Adriano almost scores one after breaking the offside trap but Casillas does well to gather the ball. Real counters and almost breaks the deadlock with Owen wasting a chance in the box. It's stoppage time now, one last chance before it goes to extra time. van den Borre sends a through ball towards the feet of Luis Garcia, he centers himself and cracks one from about 35 yards out into the top right-hand corner of the goal. It's 1-1 and 3-2 on aggregate, and I'm through to the cup final. Superb game, really.

I think that you need only one or two young players in your team - put them to play with very sklilled players to develop them - if you have four or five world class players, you won't nedd too many young players
My team = 3-5-2

GK: Rogério Ceni
CB: Stromer
CB: Dulic
CB: Vornander
DMF: Okocha
DMF: Pirlo
LMF: Rothen
RMF: Cardozo
OMF: Olembe
CF: Park Cho Young
LWF: Denílson

I also have a 19-year old Mostovoi, H. Nakata and Collins John in the bench

Ok, I`m just starting with Udinese at my 1st season in Serie A. At the momment I`m on 1st week of transfer window.
Lastest news from Udinese website:

Sissoko at trainning ground
sissokoENTRENO.jpg

The Cameron star, Mohamed Sissoko, start his first trainning session as Udinese squad member and after hard work in the pitch he face the press conference. “That loan deal its very important to me”, said Momo, “I’am very proud to wear Udinese shirt and hopefuly that can be success season for me and for the club”. One long-season loan deal has been made and the player have chance to stay for next season. At press room the manager Burbank said, “Its good have one more option for the midfield and the Sissoko style will be crucial to grow up the technique of the entire team.”

Del Horno expected on Tuesday
Del-Horno_Asier.jpg

The 24 years old, Asier Del Horno, has the 2nd sign of the season for Udinese side. In last week, Atletico (Bilbao) has rejected one bid to Del Horno but Udinese increase the money and attached his offensive midfield, Mauri, on the negotiation and the deal has been done. Del Horno land on next Tuesday morning and will pass for medical tests before to be officially confirmed as new Udinese player.

I finished my last season with the team in my last post. I was third in the league(behind R.Madrid and B.Munchen), lost in the first round of the cup. Now, I'm starting my new season with this team:
3-5-2
GK: R.Ceni
CB: V.Borre
CB: Vorlander
CB: Mjallby
DMF: Okocha
CMF: Sneijder
LMF: Luís Garcia
RMF: Rothen
OMF: Izmailov
CF: Gilardino
CF: Ewerthon

in the bench, I also have Olembe, Pirlo, Cardozo, Kalou(an eighteen year old forward which is very good), Messi and Collins John

Goal Keepers:
01. Casillas
12. Dida
25. Cech

Defenders:
02. Toure
03. Ashley Cole
04. Heinze
05. Ferdinand
06. Nesta
16. Carvlho
19. Lucio

Mid-Fielders:
08. Steven Gerrard
10. Aimar
13. Ballack
15. Alexander Hleb
21. Pirlo
22. Kaka
23. David Beckham
24. Makalele
26. Deisler
31. Schweinsteiger

Wings:
17. Joaquin
18. Robinho
20. Alvaro Recoba

Forwards:
07. Shevchenko
09. Gilardino
11. Owen
14. Henry

Last edited:
If u r looking for a storng sideback u better get a player with no clubs and hes called virota and he has a strong left foot.

xsun said:
Ok, I`m just starting with Udinese at my 1st season in Serie A. At the momment I`m on 1st week of transfer window.
Lastest news from Udinese website:

Sissoko at trainning ground
sissokoENTRENO.jpg

The Cameron star, Mohamed Sissoko, start his first trainning session as Udinese squad member and after hard work in the pitch he face the press conference. “That loan deal its very important to me”, said Momo, “I’am very proud to wear Udinese shirt and hopefuly that can be success season for me and for the club”. One long-season loan deal has been made and the player have chance to stay for next season. At press room the manager Burbank said, “Its good have one more option for the midfield and the Sissoko style will be crucial to grow up the technique of the entire team.”

Del Horno expected on Tuesday
Del-Horno_Asier.jpg

The 24 years old, Asier Del Horno, has the 2nd sign of the season for Udinese side. In last week, Atletico (Bilbao) has rejected one bid to Del Horno but Udinese increase the money and attached his offensive midfield, Mauri, on the negotiation and the deal has been done. Del Horno land on next Tuesday morning and will pass for medical tests before to be officially confirmed as new Udinese player.

RU sure? Thought Del Horno was going to Chelsea!

I just read through this topic (lot of work
normal-smile.gif
) but my question is not answered.
When the season just has finished, you can do a lot of extra training, earning extra attribute points for the players.
My question is HOW you guys use this option: Do you use all training forms for all players or do you just select some training for some players?
Looks like the individual training forms (like dribbling, long passing etc.) do have more effect than team training, is that your experience as well?
Please tell me how you guys do this extra training...
normal-smile.gif

i don't do any extra training.. it takes too much f*cking time to get a couple of points on the stat. they need to fix this so it's not so tedious in the next WE.

Han said:
I just read through this topic (lot of work
normal-smile.gif
) but my question is not answered.
When the season just has finished, you can do a lot of extra training, earning extra attribute points for the players.
My question is HOW you guys use this option: Do you use all training forms for all players or do you just select some training for some players?
Looks like the individual training forms (like dribbling, long passing etc.) do have more effect than team training, is that your experience as well?
Please tell me how you guys do this extra training...
normal-smile.gif

Its a whole lotta work, mate.

I usually choose my key players that I want to improve and put them thru related trainings. Sometimes I also put every player on every training.

It's not only the training but hte off-season friendlies also do a lot to improve stats.

For older players, the off-season training/friendlies are the only way to up/stop stats from dropping.

If you have the time, give everything to everyone, otehrwise just choose. It's really up to you.

Cheers.

Yes, it's a lot of work. I decided to first try the full training for everyone and the week after that, I did the more specialized training. It's a lot of difference doing that, but what's the point doing shooting training for my CB's who are set to stay at the back all the time? Now I do dribbling for my strikers, OM's and wide players (also side-backs). Long passes for playmakers and wideplayers (crosses!) and also for the defenders who are accurate in their long passes. Defending (the one where you are in the middle of the 'rondo') is what I do for everyone, because I think this training form helps improving the stamina and maybe cooperation (teamwork)!
Free kicks for only one or two in my team who are really good at it.
I think short passing is handy for everyone.
What about the corner-kicks? I did one training only right and left corner-kicks, nothing more! Result: NO inprovement at all for all players :shock:
Maybe this is a good training schedule, maybe it's better just to choose the players who have good attributes for that particular training, I don't know...

Last edited:
I do every training with all my players, it's timekilling (about an hour or less for a complete training) but it's worth. :)

Older players like Mahdavikia who are actually at the end of their prime (curve going down) are still improving (actual curve over their preditced curve).

One hour? Well, it depends on the size of your squad of course :) My squad is 18 players.
But as soon as it says 'OK' (with long passing for instance) you take a new player? Or do you repeat the training if the player has finished?

Once it says 'OK' and you return to the menu I chose the retry with another player option.

Oh and I have 21 players in my team.

kel said:
I do every training with all my players, it's timekilling (about an hour or less for a complete training) but it's worth. :)

Older players like Mahdavikia who are actually at the end of their prime (curve going down) are still improving (actual curve over their preditced curve).
Lol yes pre-season takes as long as whole season for me Kel.

With all the individual trainig i do for each player that can grow.. (it's a bit of waste of time if they're already 2-3 years PAST their prime as you'll get small percentage up but never enough to go up even 1 whole stat). and team trainig I do each week plus transfers.. and friendlies it taks like as much as whole season ;)

P.s. 21 players isn't bad but kinda small squad.. my Deportivo currently can't even fill half the bench.. my team is so out of depth I have no other CF except Diego Tristan and now he's tired and i dont know what to do.. ;) i love it when crisis like this happens :D

take care y'all

has anyone ever had a double red card issued out in a game between two players after a bad tackle and then the "fight" animation?

Back
Top Bottom