WE9 Wishlist

They should improve the management side

Have other clubs offer you jobs and have the chance of getting fired.
This would allow you to continue well into the game after you get bored at one club and players aging would be more effective.

Randomness of player growth so each time you play you have to scout players and not just buy the same ones.

Natural Growth of players even if they do not feature in first team every game

Proper transfer market list of players for sale

proper currency and no money for wins, acctual gate receipts so if doing badly less fans = less money

Sponserships and Chairman who are happy or unhappy with performance

hopefully this stuff will be included on PS3

You know what would be cool? If the game had real managers for every team.
What I mean is that each team in the game would have a manager plus there would be a pool of free agants from which you can assign to teams if you want to update the game. They would also have appearances like the players and would also be seen on the touchline during the games. But thats not the interesting past.
Each manager has his own set of stats such as formation, strategy, motivation, training, etc, which go up to 99 like player stats. These would affect how a team would play under that manager. For example, the formation stat would determine how well the team can keep the structure of their formation. If the stat was low, players would slowly move out of position during the games so defenders might play too far up the pitch or strikers would start to move too far back. The strategy stat would affect how well the team performs the L2 strategy so if the stat was low and you ordered the team to counter attack, some players wont listen to you.
The good thing about this is that if you have a good manager but a not so good team, you could still play well like how Porto did with Mourinho.
The fun part of this is that in the Master League, your team doesnt have a manager because you're the manager. Depending on how well you play, YOUR managerial stats develop.

I could go on for hours about the cheating, but I know it aint getting fixed.

So in its place I want more licensced leagues, maybe English, French and German, along with the Italian, Dutch and Spanish, its a start.

Alot more un-licensced teams to choose from, and a more extensive edit feature, because thats all I do these days is edit things.

I aint really bothered about the ML, but they could make it divisions instead of the crap it is now, thats all I would want for ML.

Sorry if this was said, but I would love to see some sort of player morale system in master league a la madden and most other recent american sports games(in addition to all teams and leagues of course). By this I mean, if you sign a new striker and decide to bench your incumbent, or randomly just decide not to play a player very much, the player should take a morale hit, and if it gets bad enough, they might ask for a transfer. This would add a lot to team management, and at the same time keep you from having an allstar team where you have ronaldo, van nistelrooy, and gerrard sitting on the bench every game. You should also have to fight a lot harder to keep star players, especially if you are a middle of the pack team, ie. real madrid goes after your players and you have to decide whether you can compete to sign the player financially, or if the player decides they want to go to this team with higher prestige and you refuse, they lose morale (obviously effecting their play). Basically, add more personality to the master league!!

I wish they would bring back gameplay in favour of scripted cheats

Goldenballs said:
I have thought of a few more.

I want to be able to position the wall at free kicks.
I want to be able to slightly move my keeper when defending free kicks because I always know where my mate is going to aim.
Able to move along your line when trying to save a pen.

Yeah,

Agree with this, since attacking player has options to choose what type of freekick and al that, migh as well use the same button combos for defensive player as well. (e.g add/reduce men from wall), position wall, poasition other players.

Controls revert back to normal upon freekick excution.

- despite being the most realistic football sim out there, WE8LE still has arcadey elements in it. examples 1. every single back heel pass comes off dead straight with bullet like pace and conveniently ends up with a teammate no matter how good/shite that player executing it is. 2. every player (including GKs) without * next to both feet feint can execute it without any problems. these things have to be fixed.

- make passing more difficult...direction and distance of passes are manually controlled

- player controlling GK in a PK situation can move along his line as someone mentioned previously but can also determine how far he stretches dives

- i think it's about time that the AI is massively improved by having teams from different regions possess own playing style (doesn't mean italian teams dont use long balls...just very sparingly)

I've said it before and i'll say it again...... they have got to improve the league structures "stupid ML set up" and add a hell of a lot more to the management side of the game, it's not as if their short of space on the disc or don't have the knowhow WET??

My wishlist is simple:

- A Decent MULTIPLAYER Master League - ML is crap. it's for infants who have loads of hours to kill playing against dumbass CPU. Real players know WE is fun playing against decent human challengers. ML must go multiplayer to make it fun and worthwhile. A league I can play with my friends, everyone buying, selling delopting.. saving it to continue another day.. that's a ML that makes sense.

- A Champions League kind of cup - for goodness sake... not having the change to play a cup in the same model of the CL it's so ridiculous there is not words to describe it.

- Decent crossing and heading - once again please. No need to make it as easy as in PS1 but making it a mathematical challenge that requires usage of NASA calcs is too demanding.

- Bring back the tight kit 3d models, classic shorts, etc - Or my "Classicos" won't be as fun :).

- If possible please make keepers AI a bit better, although I can imagine that is one of the most difficult parts of the AI programming.

fantomas23 said:
- despite being the most realistic football sim out there, WE8LE still has arcadey elements in it. examples 1. every single back heel pass comes off dead straight with bullet like pace and conveniently ends up with a teammate no matter how good/shite that player executing it is. 2. every player (including GKs) without * next to both feet feint can execute it without any problems. these things have to be fixed.

QUOTE]

The most realistic version yet is Winning Eleven 6 J-League. Damn thats a frigging 3 year old game and its still the best version by a mile distance.

The cpu plays like crap, cant keep possession at all, and through balls are kinda weak, but still, everything and I really mean everything that been bugging me to hell with recent versions is fixed here. In multi player its just gold.

The physics, collisions is great. There's always a logic and reason where the ball ends up, no more random bounciness to nowhere. There's no speed cheating but still remains perfectly balanced and getting past players is still a great challenge. AI is the best yet. Players ALWAYS trying to move into space, always switching positions, etc. The pitch textures are great and ALOT better than in recent versions, other graphical details such as faces and hair sucks though. But who cares? The only time you have any joy out of those things is during cut-scenes and who watches that crap anyway. I know I dont. Above all, the control is close to perfect. Passing, dribbling, accelerating and slowing down feels rieght as it should. Its all just terribly well shafted and extremely balanced. Even the camera is much better, the wide camera is at exactly the distance I want it to be at, not too far out as with recent versions.

Its really the greatest game ever. WE8:Liveware is a joke in comparisson.

Last edited:
take the SWOS league code and add in Pro Evo gameplay...Job done on the ML front.
look at ball physics, the ball doesn't just die enough when it hits players etc.
sound effects more dynamic like FIFA (Yes I said it FIFA) hate the game but love the signing the score thing...
Goalkeeper AI (hate when the cross just goes past them and they watch as a player heads it in then dive...

I'd wish they'd get rid of brackley and brooking, and put anouncers with more enthusiasum, such as Tommy Smith and Derek Rae.

I agree with pretty much everyones ideas in this thread.

Being really into the visual side of things though the main points id like sorted are:

Improved player models. I preferred the slim line look of we7:int, it just looked more life like. players looked all beefed up and unrealistic.

More editing options, like more boot slots etc.

silly things like some players having the shirts untucked etc

Ive got a much bigger list, but they defo wont be implemented untill the ps3

all i want is more active transfers and cpu teams train promising players themself

ML = merge SWOS Carreer Mode with WE
Customs Tournaments = use SWOS again, and try to do some necessary slight adjustment.
Also use SWOS (or even Fifa 98 RTWC) to see how a Road To World Cup Mode should be done instead of that Nippon Challenge thing (which is better than nothing at least it should mean they will add some more international squads)

Also very important would be the ability to get job offers from other clubs on ML (SWOS Career Mode had this of course).

Of course I don't believe this will happen, at Konami's pace maybe in 50 years...more realistically I'd be happy to get some more leagues (Portugal, Greece, Turkey, Belgium, Argentina and Brazil at least) and some divisions for the most important ones. And a Road To World Cup Mode.

first of is to improve the netcode and make the game realise that if there aint enough data coming through (which would cause lag) that the game ends in a draw.

thats what i want stop these bitches (when the meet someone half decent) from cheating

oh and as long as i can remember the goal kicks are crap why cant i short pass to the other side thats just stupid how come they havent fixed that.

They should use WE9 to experimant on before the next gens come out.
Take a risk change the master league.
Better crowd noise especially when a goal is scored.
I would like booing if you lose at home often (SWOS had this)
job offers or even get the sack

bulldrig said:
fantomas23 said:

QUOTE]

The most realistic version yet is Winning Eleven 6 J-League. Damn thats a frigging 3 year old game and its still the best version by a mile distance.

The cpu plays like crap, cant keep possession at all, and through balls are kinda weak, but still, everything and I really mean everything that been bugging me to hell with recent versions is fixed here. In multi player its just gold.

The physics, collisions is great. There's always a logic and reason where the ball ends up, no more random bounciness to nowhere. There's no speed cheating but still remains perfectly balanced and getting past players is still a great challenge. AI is the best yet. Players ALWAYS trying to move into space, always switching positions, etc. The pitch textures are great and ALOT better than in recent versions, other graphical details such as faces and hair sucks though. But who cares? The only time you have any joy out of those things is during cut-scenes and who watches that crap anyway. I know I dont. Above all, the control is close to perfect. Passing, dribbling, accelerating and slowing down feels rieght as it should. Its all just terribly well shafted and extremely balanced. Even the camera is much better, the wide camera is at exactly the distance I want it to be at, not too far out as with recent versions.

Its really the greatest game ever. WE8:Liveware is a joke in comparisson.

I'm away to find me pro evolution soccer 2,I feel like a game now.

They have to sort out free kicks.

Its so frustrating when you ping a quality freekick in the corner and the keeper magical jumps across and saves it.

Its even more hard to believe they get near them when they cant get near much slower shots fired at them in open play.

Just doesnt make sense.

RuneEdge said:
I dont' care about licences and stuff cuz we can always edit those into the game. I just want more slots for teams, kits, balls, boots, etc

Along with a slightly improved gameplay which would include new tricks, more individual special abilities, adding curve to shots, chipped penalties, etc.

Agree with the above 100%.

We can rant and rave all we want about kits, licences, teams, and all superficial stuff but Konami probably will never put in all in.

Since there is a great community of patchers and fans out here, the least KOnami could do (if they really cared about the fanbase) is to put in lots of empty generic slots. (unoffically telling fans to patch away ;))

Gameplay is all I'm concerned with and they should be cutting out tricks , which are just gimmicks IMO. Who need 2 kind of stepovers, use the L2 fro something else. (make it another move modifier)

Cheers.

Adonis said:
They have to sort out free kicks.

Its so frustrating when you ping a quality freekick in the corner and the keeper magical jumps across and saves it.

Its even more hard to believe they get near them when they cant get near much slower shots fired at them in open play.

Just doesnt make sense.

Aye! with you on that man. Been goin thru the forums here, and trying out tips on WE8LE. As you said, magic keepers. I can hit hit ball (with pace) consistently into the top corners (both around/over wall), but some how the keeper is there saving it (with both hands !!).

If you look closely at the replays , once the ball is parralel to the wall, keeper has moved, and by the time the ball reaches him, he's actually well positioned to make the save without actually diving.

IMO the diving animations are over elaborated just to make things dramatic/exciting. Only times I'ved scored is when ball hits post, and rebounds of keeper and into the net. Yet to hit a clean strike into goal in WE8LE.

Didn't have this problem in WE7I, with WE8I still could score some every now and then.

PS: Yesterday in practice mode, used Beckham. Tried 100 freekicks (25-27m).

Used power 40-55% (ie. 100% is full bar).

Modifiers UP + R1 , UP + R2, UP only, DWN (all with curl)

Got 70 kicks on target (half of these in the zone)

zone = Top & btm corners of goal (ball width)

All were saved. Only score 1-2 which were rebounded off the crossbar onto keepers head and in.

Whats wrong. Is it my technique.? Or is this a bug.

Cheers

Last edited:
my freekicks work fine. i dont score all the time, but sometimes. at least it happens often enough to satisfy me. i dont know what u doing wrong. but keep the freekicks as they are. maybe more animations.

what's really disapointing is, when u shot (freekick or within the game) sometimes the keeper graps the ball und when he gets down on his knees it seems like the ball is going down straight over the line! this sometimes looks strange. i hope u understand what i mean. why isnt is possible that the keeper graps the ball but his hands (and so the ball) moves behind the goalline, cause he and the ball is in motion. this happens in real life too.

PRO_TOO said:
my freekicks work fine. i dont score all the time, but sometimes. at least it happens often enough to satisfy me. i dont know what u doing wrong. but keep the freekicks as they are. maybe more animations.

what's really disapointing is, when u shot (freekick or within the game) sometimes the keeper graps the ball und when he gets down on his knees it seems like the ball is going down straight over the line! this sometimes looks strange. i hope u understand what i mean. why isnt is possible that the keeper graps the ball but his hands (and so the ball) moves behind the goalline, cause he and the ball is in motion. this happens in real life too.

Yup, understand exactly waht you mean. Momentum should have carried him and the ball over the line, and somehow he magically doesn't cross over.

I really don't bother too much about this. Same thing when making a save at the edges of penalty box, will stop the slide before the line.

Not a big issue though, although it would be excellent if hte developers scripted some of this and allow ref to call goals and indirect FK's in these situations.

Cheers

Benn_Black said:
Intelligent use of substitutions. If you are leading with a few minutes to go the CPU should bring on another striker and push men forward, if the CPU is leading it should pull men back and occasionally throw on another defender. CPU tactics should change if you have a player sent off.

Never paid attention to this, you have a point.Make the game more challenging.

Benn_Black said:
More red cards! When was the last time the CPU had a player sent off? I honestly can't remember it happening, ever. In 10 league matches in Serie A and the Premiership this weekend there were 6 red cards (3 in each league). Last week there were 6 in Serie A and 3 in the Premiership.

CPU never slide tackles, less chance of red cards. Lure CPU players with yellow to knock you down, maybe you'll get CPU a sending off then.

Correct tactics. Most of the tactics in this game are completely wrong. Have the developers ever heard of a flat back four? The wingers should play further upfield and hug the touchlines.

By default no but depends on your settings,e.g role LWF/RWF + edit position + arrows should get you what you need.
Flat back four?? Hmmm. not sure bout this.

Keepers jumping for shots at the top corner and punching the ball 30 ft in the air has to go.

Ha.ha This my friend, I absolutely agree. :) The most ridiculous saves by that lame punch. Jumping for top corner is OK, but more one handed saves please.

The ability to kick-up the ball from a standing position so you can juggle the ball off your knee or chest before volleying and also execute a rainbow kick (chilena). I know you can flick up a ball off your knee but the timing is too precise.

Yeah, this would be great. Flick and volley, like one of the goal Di Canio socred in the EPL. I remember way back, either in PES1/2 (or maybe its another game) if you press O and stationary (no direction/moving), could flick the ball up. Can someone confirm? Does'nt work in Later versions though. Anyway, to do this now will impact all the 1-2 moves, first-timers, first touch animations/logic. Better if the develop a move modifier button.

Ability to increase speed of the game by small percentages, not the pointless double speed crap.

Yeah, bing back the game speed meter in the option. Whats the idea of removing this anyway.??

martinja said:
Blu-Ray on one layer only is 25 GB, it can hold up to 50GB with dual layer. And why this amount of space besides back up? Because of HDTV. HDTV is High Definition TV.

It(HDTV) is up to 1080p Which is 1920 1080 and all lines are handled at the same time while interlace is that only every 2nd line is handled at the same time. HDTV in Europe is a subset of DVB.

Though of course the whole Blu-Ray may not be used, but, it brings great flexibility in regards of space. Now you can dump a lot of different chants, and other data. I hope that PES5 will be a launch game for Xbox 360 (2). As Xbox 360 is coming Oct-Nov 2005 to the US and Europe. Xbox 360 is going to use DVD/DVD DL. While Sony is going to use Blu-Ray. Sony is one of the main players behind the Blu-Ray push.

There is also HD DVD. A nother standard. One layer is 15 GB, dual layer is 30 GB.

Info for Blu-Ray http://www.blu-ray.com/info/
Info for HD DVD http://www.supermediastore.com/hd-dvd-media-hd-dvd-recorder.html

Konami can't even fully utilise a standard DVD, what makes us think htey're gonna use a blue-ray. Since PS3 is also backward compatible, Konami may stick to releasing games on DVD's.

Just imagine to inclue FMV of actual corwd scenes for celebrations. Yeah more music chants etc. (I doubt any of this will come true).

Waht I personally would appreciate on Konami part, given that they will pribably never fully implement fans reuirments themselves is to provide the extra balnk slots for players, boots, balls, stadiums, teams etc.etc and let the fanbase do the necessary patching.

Back
Top Bottom