• Japon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Korea Republic

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • South Africa

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ego...money...not wanting to get injured and ruin their club life?

Also notice how the countries with the big domestic leagues are the ones struggling...(which are mostly the European ones)

Ego...money...not wanting to get injured and ruin their club life?

Also notice how the countries with the big domestic leagues are the ones struggling...(which are mostly the European ones)

But a lot of the Argentines ,Brazilians and Uruguayans play in Europe they seem fine.

Precisely. They play in european leagues, but aren't at "home" there. And if someone bothered to bring a foreign player to a team it means he's prolly good, or else a boy from the local team would be used. South Americans feel they have to constantly prove they love their national team and that they're good.

European players from the aforementioned countries instead fail to think that. It comes naturally and unconsciously to them - "i play in a great league for a great club, therefore a selection of the best players from my league must also be great". Which is a fallacy.

So we europeans lack a certain natural humility because we feel we dominate the world, in a way. And names don't make victories, giving your best does.

Not sure but I think i can extend this to Brazil 2006, who everyone saw as a BIG stellar favourite - by far - and who paid tribute to their stardom when they met a decent but slightly humbler team.

i was just looking - did anyone vote italy?!? the poll isn't who do you want to win, who do you think will actually do it.

italy not winning was visible from miles. or make that years...

[not an italy hater, i just don't believe in "consecutive wins"-fairies. besides italy have shown less than par form in some time. i've found a report that said that according to the team's statistics a draw with new zealand was exactly what was expected. it's hard to get a team motivated and even harder to get an old team motivated...]

i hear form some of posters hear, nameley an italian fa nthat this world cup is shit, low number of goals, SA out in the group stage, etc.... I think this is good world cup, and I think the European teams doing shit makes perfect sense and has been something I have been saying for a while. Europeans generally knock concacaf and asia as shit qualification regions. I always argued it is much harder for the american players(N and S) to travel from there european homes and play qualifiers. The european players get basically play in there backyard and dont have to travel the distances and stay in uncomfortable situations for them being far from home. Now the eurpeans have to actually travel away from europe and well quite frankly they have struggled, while north and south america has thrived... i think this has something to do with the form of the europeans, and this is why I choose argentina

You're only saying that because USA are still in it.

J/k ;)

On a serious note, I agree with you. No wonder not one European team managed to win a WC outside their beloved territory.

i hear form some of posters hear, nameley an italian fa nthat this world cup is shit, low number of goals, SA out in the group stage, etc.... I think this is good world cup, and I think the European teams doing shit makes perfect sense and has been something I have been saying for a while. Europeans generally knock concacaf and asia as shit qualification regions. I always argued it is much harder for the american players(N and S) to travel from there european homes and play qualifiers. The european players get basically play in there backyard and dont have to travel the distances and stay in uncomfortable situations for them being far from home. Now the eurpeans have to actually travel away from europe and well quite frankly they have struggled, while north and south america has thrived... i think this has something to do with the form of the europeans, and this is why I choose argentina

There is always this argument that South American qualification is easy ie 5/10 teams qualify compared to Europe.

The teams have to play 18 games over a range of different climate conditions and at high altitudes in two cases and for most teams a lot of players have to go to the airport on a Sunday or Monday play on the Wednesday and fly back.

Far from easy. I think the technical ability, flair, dribbling ability and general panache of the CONMEBOL sides has shone through and allied to a more rigorous discipline has yielded results.

Let's hope it shuts up the complaints that UEFA does not have enough qualification spots v-v South America.

Not enough qualification spots? Fgs I think they have more than they should! Too many shit European teams in it resulting in the World Cup being boring. I think more teams should qualify from both South America and Africa.

Not enough qualification spots? Fgs I think they have more than they should! Too many shit European teams in it resulting in the World Cup being boring. I think more teams should qualify from both South America and Africa.

There has been talk that CONMEBOL should be made to cede a spot to CAF.

I think it's only fair that CAF get an extra spot from UEFA or maybe arrange Euro-African playoffs perhaps ?

CAF also needs to look at promoting their own coaches rather than importing Europeans because in the long term that is the way to go.

If you think about how teams like Turkey, Croatia, Russia or Sweden didn't even qualify ... I don't think Europe has too few places, but the system sure needs an overhaul here. Pre-qualifications to sort out the lowest level teams beforehand would be an idea, only that it'd take away from said teams those "games of the year" which pretty much make their football federations whole existence worthwhile to begin with (talking about the likes of Liechtenstein, San Marino and so on).

There has been talk that CONMEBOL should be made to cede a spot to CAF.

I think it's only fair that CAF get an extra spot from UEFA or maybe arrange Euro-African playoffs perhaps ?

CAF also needs to look at promoting their own coaches rather than importing Europeans because in the long term that is the way to go.

That is what I was telling my friend the other day. 2nd place European teams should play 2nd place African teams in a play-off round. If not African, then South American. There are far too many normal European teams in tbh. If they are really good then they should qualify through play-offs.

That is what I was telling my friend the other day. 2nd place European teams should play 2nd place African teams in a play-off round. If not African, then South American. There are far too many normal European teams in tbh. If they are really good then they should qualify through play-offs.

They should look at it seriously. Rentalkid's idea has merit but then how do these associations develop ? Or perhaps there should be a population limit ie it's so unlikely that the Faroe Islands, Andorra, Lichtenstein. Luxembourg ,San Marino and Malta could conceivably make any progress to being a strong footballing power.

Even though Luxembourg did beat the Swiss in the WCQ's.

Bundle them together and the winner gets into the main European qualification ie in a pre pre WC qualification group?

They should look at it seriously. Rentalkid's idea has merit but then how do these associations develop ? Or perhaps there should be a population limit ie it's so unlikely that the Faroe Islands, Andorra, Lichtenstein. Luxembourg ,San Marino and Malta could conceivably make any progress to being a strong footballing power.

Even though Luxembourg did beat the Swiss in the WCQ's.

Bundle them together and the winner gets into the main European qualification ie in a pre pre WC qualification group?
Why, successes does not only Luxembourg, but also Liechtenstein which showed recently such successes that others weak European national teams could envy only. The idea первоночального selection among these national teams is quite good, because is valid, that their associations of football developed it it is necessary to learn to win similar, and then already to play with stronger national teams. By the way in this group it is possible to carry also national teams of Armenia, Azerbaijan, Estonia and Montenegro.:BSCARF:

Looks like the FIFA-referee comission is doing a 1-2 with the Brazilians.
In that commission, one of the highest posts is occupied by a Brazilian.

That commision decides which referees will be assiged to the matches.

By a "total coincidence" they assigned a referee to Holland-Slovakia who is rankend second highest on amount of yellow/red cards.

Guess against which team the winner of Holland-Slovakia will play? Correct, Brazil, the country of that high-rated member of the referee-commission!

That stinks! They just hope that Holland or Slovakia get enough suspensions, so that Brazil get a weaker opponent! :RANT:

^ Portuguese players need to learn spanish:

1st match - Referee from Uruguay
2nd match - from Chile
3rd match - from Mexico
4th match - from Argentina

Teams from Group G face teams from Group H, where are 2 hispanic teams! Now we play against Spain with an hispanic ref lol.

No paranoia.
Look at the match of Brazil against Portugal.
In the first half Brazik should have got two red cards: that hands ball from Juan and Felipe Melo should have got a red for his numerous fouls, some of them warrantee an immediate red, but at least he should have got two yellow cards...And Dunga realised that wery well, because he choose to substitute Felipe Melo by Josue.

The reason for all this: Brazil is the most popular team in the world, if they are out prematurely, lots of neutrals will not bother to watch the WC.

La Furia Roja finally!

I'll support my homeland but if Brazil doesn't make it, I'd like to be them or even Netherlands.

We need fresh world champions unless its Uruguay.

:LOL: So Brazil didn't made it, now its La Furia or Netherlands, I even have a chance with Uruguay :D

Back
Top Bottom