World Cup 2010 - Chile Thread

YoungGun_UK

20 TIMES!
12 July 2007
UK
Manchester United
No Thread?!

They look a very capable side, with bags of talent. maybe defensively they'll get caught out but so far apart from Germany definitely the best side going forward we've seen.

I hope they get the second goal, would be harsh if they didn't get all three points.

Bad miss there.

They're a breath of fresh air in this otherwise incredibly dull tournament. Chile were hotly tipped to be a dark horse due to the ultra-attacking 3-3-1-3 formation they used during qualifying. And Alexis Sanchez really is living up to the hype.

Another small nation surprising me after North and South Korea played good matches and viewable football. Chile played very accurate and fast at the same time, it was really nice to see those combinations, only bad thing was the number of chances they did not use to score.

Mark Gonzalez has probably shown why he isn't in the starting 11.

Is it me or did ITV ignore the starting line ups and formation prior to kick off?

A pity Suazo is not available as yet otherwise that should have been 4-0.

Nice to see them stick to their guns. Bielsa has them coached well. Vamos Chilenos. :)

Mark Gonzalez has probably shown why he isn't in the starting 11.

Is it me or did ITV ignore the starting line ups and formation prior to kick off?

I noticed that too. Perhaps it was another ITVHD glitch? Or maybe 3-3-1-3 blew up the computer in the production studio?

I don't think it's a glitch, just a complete lack of respect for both teams.

At the start of the broadcast the first thing they talked about was England.

Corrected. :APPLAUD:

With respect to your opinion and the Chilean team and nation, but no, I think the German NT played better and were the best team up to now in the WC. Not because I am from Germany, but because of the way how fast and accurate they played.

I don't think it's a glitch, just a complete lack of respect for both teams.

At the start of the broadcast the first thing they talked about was England.

I know mate, I was just joking.:)) Lack of respect, as you said.

And I'm getting fed up of the constant England/Premier League references in general.

I know mate, I was just joking.:)) Lack of respect, as you said.

And I'm getting fed up of the constant England/Premier League references in general.

ITV should not be allowed near sport in general. Can't stand the butt sneerer living Toby Jug Chiles. How this ignoramus has managed to wheedle his way onto presenting football is beyond me.

Surprised he hasn't got in a WBA reference yet.

And don't get me started on that fat talentless git Corden.

What a shame i missed this match.
I tipped them to won the WC, probably an exageration, but i always thought they would do well.

I thought so too Gerd but the problem is two real dark horses are in the same group (Swiss and Chile) along with tournament favourites Spain. So one good team will undoubtedly go home very early.

Liked how tactically flexible they and Bielsa were, starting with a 4-2-1-3 when Honduras had a lone striker and switched to their more usual 3-3-1-3 when Alvarez moved up front.

With the hihg defensive line Spain play, there could be many opportunities in behind for the Chile forward line.

Last edited:
i expect one of best matches of tournament CHILE - SWITZERLAND

both teams play great football and this one i wont miss..

i support Chile!

Great match, chile could have scored 4 goals...

but the last chance of Switzerland would have been good punishment for Chile..

It'd be interesting - 3 teams at 6 points. My bet is Switzerland go out as they can't score enough against Honduras. We'll see what Spain does tonight.

In theory Spain should see the first spot in this group. Statistically their scores aren't 1-0, and for now Chile have a +2 GD [2-0], Switzerland 0 [1-1]. Results which in theory favour Spain.

right..but all depends on Spain goals...they have already amazing play, but missing goals..

If Spain beat Honduras 1-0 (unlikely), and Switzerland and Spain both beat their opponents by 1-0 in their last matches, who will go through?

Team__ GF GA P
Chile___ 2 1 6
Spain___ 2 1 6
SUI ____ 2 1 6

In that case a draw would decide. Pure luck.

It's a shame that despite Chile's great performances they couldn't score more. I can't see Bielsa playing defensively to hold a draw against Spain. It will be a spectacular match.

Great match, chile could have scored 4 goals...

but the last chance of Switzerland would have been good punishment for Chile..

They really need a centre forward. If they could bring back Salas and Zamorano they'd be deadly.

As it is Paredes fluffed his lines. Suazo is clearly not match fit or sharp.

Bielsa should have called Maurico Pinilla who's been scoring goals for fun in serie B but he didn't and that's that.

As for the group standings wait and see. I;d hate to see Chile lose out when they have attacked and a team like Switzerland have shown precious little ambition to attack.

Back
Top Bottom