World Cup 2010 - England Thread

According the ESPN, Capello has his first eleven chosen already and is awaiting for Saturday's match versus USA in hope that there will be no more injuries against them

And Heskey spoke on his part in injuring Rio in how we tried to turn the ball but fell backwards onto Rio and Rio's leg was in a position that he couldn't move it. It must suck to be the one to have injured your captain and force him out of the World Cup...

Gerrard roaming behind Rooney in a free role, Cole from the left and Lennon on the right.

I can't for the life in me see why Heskey is there, Rooney likes to play off the lump that's all...

Surely we have better strikers in England, we needed another game winner not a fifth post, the only possative is he wont be in England's line up after we're out...

Last edited:
Agreed, Heskey is nowhere near good enough for England and it's a joke he's been taken. Capello said he'd take players in form? He's been crap for Villa and England all season yet he makes the final squad?

I prefer gerrard sitting behind Rooney then heskey. I also prefer darren bent ahead of heskey. Heskey is a shit player that could cost us the championship

When will they ever learn, ITV are a joke.

And speaking of jokes.....great goalkeeping. Gerrard can take a share of the blame aswell for allowing himself to be turned so easy and give so much space.

The ball retention is so poor, not as bad as ITV though!

facepalmdz6.jpg

pathetic england. Their last game is on a Wednesday during a working week and i was hoping england would have guaranteed passage to the next round

france & england are same, whatever the 11 players who played in if they don't want to perform they wont win that's all.

US team is enter in the stadium with the rage which permit to fight whatever the football skills.

I dont think this is such a bad result for England...
the wing play of Lennon, Johnson was great....

Rooney was completely out of the game till the last 15 minutes.
But England did look threatening at times..
certainly better than the French and the Greeks ....so far
among the 3 European teams that have not won in this world cup yet.

I think Serbia and Germany will win tomorrow...to get Europe going...
So after seeing England, Argentina, France......probably France was
the worst....England were ok....Argentina were good in patches....

I think this will be one of the most tightly contested World Cups

The US are a good team....and can surprise anyone...GO USA !

I thought we played well! Shocking error by Green but I thought Hart should have been given the shirt anyway. Gerrard was brilliant and he and Lampard worked well.

We should still top the group, hopefully Rooney can fill his boots before the KO rounds.

Everyone makes mistakes.

Green is still a top keeper and will repay for the faith shown in him. I felt really bad for him. But that's why as players you are encouraged to shoot. And US did a lot of that. They don't have to be great shots, with this ball and the pressure this high, anything can happen. So it's worth having long-range efforts rather than passing ball million times around trying to create perfect opening like some teams do.

I thought England played fairly well. The result may have not been what many were hoping for but it's not a bad one. You went up against a very good team and did your best and were a little unlucky not to get the win.

Just as I thought, US and England both proved they are good teams in my opinion. And unless Slovenia and Algeria massively surprise us tomorrow with one showing serious quality, I wouldn't say there's much to worry about.

Back
Top Bottom