Anth's EAFC24 Gameplay Mod

Medium felt slow to me this morning. Went back to regular V17.

Short opinion: tackles from behind still resulting in silly yellows even with linient ref.
Slide tackles seem to be delayed. Could be players values.
Use ‘very lenient’, otherwise vanilla ref version for now :)

Interesting about medium feeling slower yesterday. Happens sometimes. I think it shows compared to yesterday’s comments about it feeling faster, that it’s just EA doing its thing. It’ll settle back down (or up) haha.

Use ‘very lenient’, otherwise vanilla ref version for now :)

Interesting about medium feeling slower yesterday. Happens sometimes. I think it shows compared to yesterday’s comments about it feeling faster, that it’s just EA doing its thing. It’ll settle back down (or up) haha.
Alright. So glad you say that. Medium felt like slow to me… or the other option you haven’t invented yet, called sluggish! 😂

I've been testing out Legendary since TU11 came out with changes to that particular difficulty level and I have to say I'm pretty pleased at the results so far. The CPU plays much more naturally now on Legendary as opposed to before.

It seems to fit V17 really nicely. It's very tough though - especially on the difficult version of my mod.

This is such a tiny, nothing clip but I love how the CPU (City) are still playing long balls to try and start a quick counter attack on Legendary. I especially like that the pass wasn't laser guided perfection too.

Last edited:
I've been testing out Legendary since TU11 came out with changes to that particular difficulty level and I have to say I'm pretty pleased at the results so far. The CPU plays much more naturally now on Legendary as opposed to before.

It seems to fit V17 really nicely. It's very tough though - especially on the difficult version of my mod.

This is such a tiny, nothing clip but I love how the CPU (City) are still playing long balls to try and start a quick counter attack on Legendary. Especially that the pass wasn't laser guided perfection.

Got demolished by Man City twice. De Bruyne plays some really nice crosses. For me, it's realistic how difficult the Legendary is in TU11 with v7_diffuclt. Just like real life, every match requires a lot of focus and quick thinking. It's definitely more stressful.

I'm trying out V17. I haven't tested these since v14 I think.
The problem I have is that using sprint plus the RS is pretty much unusable to me. The ball always goes too far ahead.
I thought Settled Ball Push was used to fix this but no luck. Anybody else experiencing this?

I'm trying out V17. I haven't tested these since v14 I think.
The problem I have is that using sprint plus the RS is pretty much unusable to me. The ball always goes too far ahead.
I thought Settled Ball Push was used to fix this but no luck. Anybody else experiencing this?
I haven't found it to be the case but let me have another look at this for you.

if you try it without the mod, you can see a big difference. Thanks!!
Oh I know it's different, it's different by design. I just mean I haven't found it to be an issue where I can't control the ball and knock it in front without losing it. Can happen of course but I'm alright with that. I feel like it depends on who and where, makes you have to be selective with it. There are some valid reasons for it being there - but I'll have another look to try and create an option that helps for you :)

Is it possible to make a difficult version on the slow and medium version ? Or the difficult version is only for the regular one ?
Unfortunately I think speed and difficulty are very tightly linked. By default, defenders rocket into position in a physically impossible way, sliding like a chess piece being dragged across a desk to wherever they need to be - but it doesn't really matter, because they're blind to the ball (and even when you control them, trying to "steer" them towards an attacker is like trying to stick a pin in a fly as it's flying).

Give them intelligence (which they don't have without modding) and it becomes very difficult to get past them. But when you take speed away from them, and with most attackers having a big speed attributes advantage over defenders, you have all the time in the world. I'd think if @Anth James had found a solution, there would be difficulty options mods for each speed already!

Luckily (perhaps because I play on Legendary) I've had no need to increase difficulty, even when using Anth's "Heavy Switch" option (which makes the overall speed of the game far more realistic to me, with far fewer instances of silly speed bursts when the AI repositions).

Unfortunately I think speed and difficulty are very tightly linked. By default, defenders rocket into position in a physically impossible way, sliding like a chess piece being dragged across a desk to wherever they need to be - but it doesn't really matter, because they're blind to the ball (and even when you control them, trying to "steer" them towards an attacker is like trying to stick a pin in a fly as it's flying).

Give them intelligence (which they don't have without modding) and it becomes very difficult to get past them. But when you take speed away from them, and with most attackers having a big speed attributes advantage over defenders, you have all the time in the world. I'd think if @Anth James had found a solution, there would be difficulty options mods for each speed already!

Luckily (perhaps because I play on Legendary) I've had no need to increase difficulty, even when using Anth's "Heavy Switch" option (which makes the overall speed of the game far more realistic to me, with far fewer instances of silly speed bursts when the AI repositions).
Thanks man i'll try to play on legendary too ! I always thought this difficulty was broken and never tried it until now

For everyone who wanna rollback to TU 10 I uploaded the Files at my Google Drive for you. As usual just copy all 3 Files in your EA FC 24 Game Folder and replace when you get prompted. Don´t forget to go offline in EA App, otherwise the App wanna update your Game again.

GOOGLE DRIVE LINK:

Thanks!

As of TU11 I think it's much more "human" - World Class actually feels a bit more "pinbally" to me now.
100% agree. World Class feels robotic and predictable. Legendary feels like it has more variety and more "error" strangely.

Edit: If you are in Legendary, turn off Player Difficulty. Ultimate is so bad.

@Anth James is there any combo that encourages the CPU to play a little more... regressively? As in be more willing to pass backwards or rotate/switch the ball across the width of the pitch, instead? I notice a lot of insistence on playing the ball forward, even in situations where I'm pressing the player pretty intensely, he will try to move the ball forward even if he's got a couple options to play the ball backwards to the keeper or a defender.

@Anth James is there any combo that encourages the CPU to play a little more... regressively? As in be more willing to pass backwards or rotate/switch the ball across the width of the pitch, instead? I notice a lot of insistence on playing the ball forward, even in situations where I'm pressing the player pretty intensely, he will try to move the ball forward even if he's got a couple options to play the ball backwards to the keeper or a defender.
Use the Pass Error system. Importantly though, I find the CPU reacts to how you defend. If you block passing lanes and limit their ability, then they'll pass backwards, sideways etc. I pretty much defend by just repositioning a lot of the time and find the CPU often plays all the way back to the keeper if they have no options.

Thanks man i'll try to play on legendary too ! I always thought this difficulty was broken and never tried it until now
Yeah Legendary is a good option now! It's tough though. I still think World Class plays really nicely, I don't find it robotic or anything but it's great to have legendary as a viable option too now :)

Are you guys talking about the difficulties combined with the mod in particular? Because even on vanilla FC 24, they have actually improved Legendary difficulty now, with more crosses and less tiki taka in the box.

You should!

Yeah TU11 seems to have brought some good things for everyone which is nice!
For now, I'm focus on playing Top Spin 2K25 on April 23th :PRAY:
But I want to test modding once. You can make more changes than sliders.

But for the first time, each patch is great for EAFC 24 and add some good stuff. I didn't expect they touched legend difficulty for more human feeling.
The only big trouble this year is the presentation on current gen, it's a big shame because the game could be nice.
Playing C1, classico without the anthem, the men on the pitch, what a disgrace from EA!

Back
Top Bottom