ArmA 2: for PC and Xbox 360.

Why, he said he upgraded it a bit ago so it should still run. It just won't be as stunning top look at as those pics.

Why, he said he upgraded it a bit ago so it should still run. It just won't be as stunning top look at as those pics.
Judging from peoples impressions this game is as demanding has crysis. no1 is getting 50-60fps on max settings. Plus if i recall, coopz diddnt do a massive upgrade. his got the same GPU card i have on my 3 year old laptop.

if my laptop can indeed run this okish then most here should run it OK too :) the more that can the better as we can organise a squad or something

Last edited:
Judging from peoples impressions this game is as demanding has crysis. no1 is getting 50-60fps on max settings. Plus if i recall, coopz diddnt do a massive upgrade. his got the same GPU card i have on my 3 year old laptop.

if my laptop can indeed run this okish then most here should run it OK too :) the more that can the better as we can organise a squad or something

Who needs to run it on max settings though?

As long as you can get the game to run and at least be playable is all you need. Graphics are a bonus after that. Placebo said ages ago that this game should run okay on my pc, it just won't look as stunning as the screenshots.

2.2ghz dual core is a big upgrade from a 1.4ghz processor ;)

And i have seen some clips on youtube that are similar specs to mine and its running fine

edit: this for example *snip*
If you blow that clip up and watch it in HD, you can see the framerate isn't as good as it looks when it's played in a smaller window.

I saw that and thought "I'll get an 8800GT and save myself some money" but when I blew it up and saw the framerate I realised I'd have to spend a bit more. Saying that, it's not awful, but it would annoy the hell out of me after five minutes. Especially after playing all the console games that are perfect.

This may be a silly question but what online modes does the game offer?
pretty much any kind of mode you can think of. its got warfare which is basicly battlefields conquest mode, it has classic modes such as DM, CTF etc.

where it shines is the fact that you can design and create your own story/campaign/game mode and host and play it online.

want to mimic a scene from saving private ryan? sure you can with this game. the games strongest part of it all is its mission editor mode

As I just PM'd to Coopz while we were cybering and shit, it's looking now like the demo will be delayed until we've released the 1.02 patch (hopefully tomorrow), so chances are Monday/Tuesday next week for the demo now.

As I just PM'd to Coopz while we were cybering and shit

cybering?

cyber-sex.jpg

Hi Placebo.

I just purchased this yesterday through the german gamesite gamer-unlimited.de

I then downloaded the Patch 1.01 for the German version, but when it is done extracting the patch it tells me wrong CD-key? How can this be?

The version is legit. I bought it for 39,95€.

The thing is that the game updates fine with the 1.01 beta patch.

Last edited:
If you blow that clip up and watch it in HD, you can see the framerate isn't as good as it looks when it's played in a smaller window.

I saw that and thought "I'll get an 8800GT and save myself some money" but when I blew it up and saw the framerate I realised I'd have to spend a bit more. Saying that, it's not awful, but it would annoy the hell out of me after five minutes. Especially after playing all the console games that are perfect.

Looks like its running smooth to me, i dont see any judders or jerks ect

Ill let you know how it runs when i get it

Take a look at the official forums. many people with 4870's are struggling to play this game at med/high settings :(

I have a 4870 with 1 Gig and it's running pretty decent on high/very high settings @1920x1200 ((E8400@3,6 Ghz, ATi 4870 1GB, 4GB RAM, latest Windows 7 64-bit build).

Yet, I'm still gonna borrow a 4890 Toxic OC model to do some comparisons within the next few days.

I have a 4870 with 1 Gig and it's running pretty decent on high/very high settings @1920x1200 ((E8400@3,6 Ghz, ATi 4870 1GB, 4GB RAM, latest Windows 7 64-bit build).

Yet, I'm still gonna borrow a 4890 Toxic OC model to do some comparisons within the next few days.
Hmm keep us posted I need to upgrade and I'd be interested to know the difference...

A fairly poor:
Dual Core AMD 4800
2 Gig of Ram
2 x GF 7800 GTX's

Im playing on normal with 4400 and 1x 7800gtx and 2gb ram its playing quite well only thing i dislike is overdone motion blur looks like viewing through goldfish bowl. :(

Just been playing campaign finally a campaign with voiceovers and team mate AI working well they proper flank now which is great but so do enemy.

Back
Top Bottom