ArmA 2: for PC and Xbox 360.

Hi Placebo.

I just purchased this yesterday through the german gamesite gamer-unlimited.de

I then downloaded the Patch 1.01 for the German version, but when it is done extracting the patch it tells me wrong CD-key? How can this be?

The version is legit. I bought it for 39,95€.

The thing is that the game updates fine with the 1.01 beta patch.

You got the CD Key in an email? If you PM me I can check if it's a valid CD Key, I know there's been issues with store bought Morphicon versions as the CD Key printing in the manual is shockingly bad and a bunch of letters/numbers are virtually identical such as 0/O z/2 M/N etc.

Patch v1.02 is out now.

http://www.arma2.com/support/updates/

Version 1.02 Highlights

* Improved AI driving skills
* Lowered enemy AI skills for regular and recruit difficulty levels
* Improved Micro AI tactics, attack in pairs, path limiting to avoid passing through walls.
* Fixed multiplayer session NAT negotiation
* Improved game stability (various crash opportunities fixed)
* Multiple save slots supported
* Improved terrain shape beyond map borders
* Various campaign and localization fixes and improvements
* Modules (F7) support added in the Mission Editor
* Added option to disable various post-process effects (bloom, blur etc.)

I'm actually just about to order this, now I'll have a laptop capable of running it. What are the initial impressions like people? :D

it's a fantastic game and well worth the money. a lot of content, very challenging and it looks fantastic.

get it! :)

1.02 seems to be getting received well, big performance improvements for many, makes it all worthwhile staying up until about 4am this morning creating mirrors for it ;)

will try it out later tonight, might help with some performance issues i got (mainly in crowded places) :)

I have it :)

I've also just ordered 2x Czech special edition versions and 2x Czech regular versions :)

img0745f.jpg

img0748f.jpg

img0746.jpg

img0747p.jpg

map_packed.jpg

map.jpg
From the Special Edition :)

Last edited by a moderator:
wow awsome. didn't know there was a special edition. the map in this game is huge!! :O i could of sworn the playable map is nearly the same size of London!

anyways im going to have a go on it tonight, i got my copy yesterday but didn't get a chance to play it.

Are there any beginners who wants to join up online for some coop and learn the ins and outs of this game together?

I should have this early next week, postage depending. Just in time for my break from work. Nice!

Would it be best to just start a Single Player campaign or jump into some onlinee type affair to get to grips?

It depends. Play through the training part first to get a grip of things.

I am still waiting for my English version to arrive. I downloaded the german version and patched it, so I had the english version, but it doesn't work properly. So I ordered it from GAME instead.

Should arrive tomorrow!! :D

I should have this early next week, postage depending. Just in time for my break from work. Nice!

Would it be best to just start a Single Player campaign or jump into some onlinee type affair to get to grips?

get into the training and after that try the scenario mode. then start a campaign. my experience is that you need quite a lot of practice. :P

get into the training and after that try the scenario mode. then start a campaign. my experience is that you need quite a lot of practice. :P

Coolio, cheers.

I should be ok though, I've played plenty of Halo and Call of Duty in my day... :JAY:

Damn you all!!!!

I might as well just buy it because waiting for this demo slowing eating away at my soul

Damn you all!!!!

I might as well just buy it because waiting for this demo slowing eating away at my soul

The game is massive...definitely not your regular FPS. I'm quite impressed with the mod community for this game (seems to be 5 time the size of PES). The only drawback is that this game is getting expensive...just bought a new GPU and PSU (hope it helps my frame rates a bit :PRAY:)

and i don't even know if i will like the game

That's why i want the demo so bad

Back
Top Bottom