ArmA 2: for PC and Xbox 360.

Cheers, dont have a Rapidshare account though.

Getting it from the Gamershell link at the moment, getting 180kb/s, which is a bit shit but it's better than the 14kb/s th Torrent was giving me and the 35-40kb/s I was getting from anotherone of the links. :)

I got this game home today...guess my brother pre ordered it. The screens look sweet..To be honest I never heard of it before, it's not a classic FP shooter, right? I'll try it tonight..

I gave up on the demo. My download was horrifically slow so I switched to a torrent and it was telling me it was going to take 33 hours. Hmm... if I buy the game, install it, play it, find it runs like crap. Can I sell it onto my brother who will be able to run it on his pc so I've not wasted my money or is there some security thing there to stop things like that?

I got this game home today...guess my brother pre ordered it. The screens look sweet..To be honest I never heard of it before, it's not a classic FP shooter, right? I'll try it tonight..

it is indeed no fps but it is a classic. origins from operation flashpoint, way back in 2001. one of the best games ever imo.

placebo, can you maybe post links to the real good addon websites? :)

Yeah I'm with ya there Rad, it's shocking.

And I tried practically all of the mirrors in the first post of your Topic Placebo. None of them seemed to like me, or my connection, haha.

Best I have right now is the Gamershell link from a Texas server, getting about a quarter of my bandwidth with about 180kb/s. 35% done and only 3hrs 26mins left...

it is indeed no fps but it is a classic. origins from operation flashpoint, way back in 2001. one of the best games ever imo.

Thanks, I haven't been following the gaming scene closely lately and I was surprised to see how good it looks! ;) I'll wake up my neighboors then..

And I tried practically all of the mirrors in the first post of your Topic Placebo. None of them seemed to like me, or my connection, haha.

Best I have right now is the Gamershell link from a Texas server, getting about a quarter of my bandwidth with about 180kb/s. 35% done and only 3hrs 26mins left...

Did you try the torrent? Most people were reporting they were maxing out their connections with it, there's like 1.1Tbyte in the swarm showing here: http://www.gameupdates.org/details.php?id=3594

We decided to release an updated patch 1.02 build 58134, please visit
http://www.arma2.com/support/updates/file/54-arma2patch_102_58134.html?lang=en

for more information about the patch and available download options.

Few notes:

* our main reason to release an updated 1.02 version is newly implemented full support for anti-aliasing in this build that we believe increases visual quality significantly without any major performance impact

* this patch is compatible with all previously released versions (1.00, 1.01 and 1.02)

* all versions 1.02 remain compatible in multiplayer and also savegames from various versions 1.02 are compatible so the transition process to this updated version 1.02, build 58134 should be as seamless as possible for all users

Change log for build 58134 from the previous patch 1.02:

* Fixed localVRAM detection on Vista x64 systems with 8 GB RAM and more
* Enabled MSAA in Video options
* Fixed possible crash in Radio target reporting for NULL target
* Fixed DOF always enabled on game start.
* Added safeguard againg frequent reset into RequestFlushMemory as well.
* Improved Cannot create surface Rpt messages.
* Relaxed reset recovery conditions to that "profylactic" reset happens less often.
* HC command - enabled page selection
* Commandline parameter -netlog available in retail version again
* Editor fix: modules info serialization
* Fix: weapon fire effects in MP

Working on mirrors as we speak.

Torrent

GOL Clan Mirror

kamran.cc

Rapidshare

Last edited:

demo is out on steam. try that

Cheers, but I already have it now. ;)

Left the laptop on overnight to get it, I'll install it tomorrow and give a go. Then I'll just have to wait untit Monday and my full version arrives in the post (hopefully).

Just installed it patched it and loaded it up for the first time. I noticed it was running as laggy as hell on the title screen. Even the mouse was lagging around as I moved. Knocked the settings way way down low started the boot camp up and it's insanely blurry looking left to right and lags like hell moving forwards and backwards.,

I didn't think it would run quite so bad on this pc. Shame :(

I like this one.........

picf.jpg

With those bullets in his chest I think it's a bit late to be surrendering ;)

elias in platoon didn't think it was too late! unfortunately for him, the helicopter had just left!

Just installed it patched it and loaded it up for the first time. I noticed it was running as laggy as hell on the title screen. Even the mouse was lagging around as I moved. Knocked the settings way way down low started the boot camp up and it's insanely blurry looking left to right and lags like hell moving forwards and backwards.,

I didn't think it would run quite so bad on this pc. Shame :(

There's a fix for the blurry thing (me goes to search our TS forum)..

Set Fillrate to 100% it seems?

Where do you find that?

-
edit

Never mind i found how to get it off, the game is still laggy to play though with like a half second delay with everything I do. Was worth a try.

Last edited:
erm an uninspiring intel core 2 duo, 2.40ghz - 2gig ram 250gig hd, Geforce 8400 - anything else I've missed off that worth knowing?

stick a 4850 and that should give you a healthy boost to the game rad. what OS you using?

edit: turn vsync off manualy through Nvidia control panel

Last edited:
Vista. will sticking just a 4850 do it though? Won't the intel core 2 duo, 2.40ghz be shitting it up still?

A super quick google search says a intel core 2 duo, 2.40ghz is about £85 to £120. Is that about right?

Last edited:
what model number? any dual core at above 3.2ghz shoudl be fine on this game(overclock yours :) ). o and vista sucks for this game. well it runs alot better on xp or win 7. its been widely known.

well if your on a budget then a 4850 should be ok on medium settings. however if your willing to go above £150 then get the 4890 instead

I have no idea about overclocking and I doubt I'll buy anything over a hundred just for one game.

I'm only on a P9500 Core Duo 2.53Ghz with a 4850 and I'm running the demo on very high detail for textures and high for everything else. Draw distance of 4km. No issues at all yet, all smooth sailing.

I'm sure that'll change when there's proper player count and action going on all around, but I'll let ya know how it goes. :)

Edit: Oh and running it on Vista 32bit.

I'm only on a P9500 Core Duo 2.53Ghz with a 4850 and I'm running the demo on very high detail for textures and high for everything else. Draw distance of 4km. No issues at all yet, all smooth sailing.

I'm sure that'll change when there's proper player count and action going on all around, but I'll let ya know how it goes. :)

Edit: Oh and running it on Vista 32bit.
what res are you playing on and what is your fps at an average?

this game can run fine at above 20fsp but anything lower and it stutters as hell. i was on a 50 player server last night and it was bad at times.

Back
Top Bottom