ArmA 2: for PC and Xbox 360.

New laptop is now on the go, just need the game to arrive now, will more than likely be next Monday though...

Never mind, enough to be doing getting this laptop sorted out.

The snipers on here are fucking awesome.Be very careful how you move,because a wrong one is your last one.

are we all going on the demo tomorrow to try and get used to the game a little?

Demo will be released at 3pm CET 2pm GMT tomorrow, HTTP and torrent, arranging for 4x10Mbit and 1x100Mbit uploaders to already have it ready to seed tomorrow :)

Tomorrow as in today as you posted this just after midnight and might have not noticed (Today, 00:47 ) or tomorrow as in Friday?

Putting the draw distance on 1.7km is meant to help quite a bit

Does this include the 1.02 patch Placebo?

Putting the draw distance on 1.7km is meant to help quite a bit

Does this include the 1.02 patch Placebo?

Yep :)

arma2demohi.jpg

Last edited:
Well this is a cracking game but unfortunately it runs like shit on my PC

Actually it runs OK on normal but its blurry and you can hardly even see the soldiers in the distance when you first start training so i would have no hope against the AI

The amount of detail in it is unreal as well, i'm just gonna have to hold out for the console version and hope its not dumbed down to much

i think it will be dumbed down for the consoles. At least the controls will be thats for sure. nearly every key on the keyboard gets used in arma 2.

Because the game is soo demanding on even my machine, i expect arma 2 to look worser then normal/high settings on the pc.

Im also not sure how the mission editor will work with a joypad too. too many reason why arma 2 will be dumbed down for the consoles but hey, maybe the devs can pull it off somehow?

Still there is no confirmation of a release date or any info about a console version at all.

edit: I also feel that not many would play arma 2 on the consoles as lets face it guys, the majority console users prefer twitchy arcade style fps games like COD and halo.

Look at battlefield bad company. they dumbed that down for the mass's. battlefield 2 is still bigger and better in gameplay terms then bad company imo. 24 player count and no flying aircrafts says it all about that game.

who knows, maybe the map size may be cut down in half for the console version or maybe the mission editor will have limits to how many AI's you can add in it.Either way, i just dont see arma 2 console version being equally as good as the pc version.

Last edited:
Where did you download the demo from? I was expecting a post and a link in here but with nothing i thought it wasn't out

Well this is a cracking game but unfortunately it runs like shit on my PC

Actually it runs OK on normal but its blurry and you can hardly even see the soldiers in the distance when you first start training so i would have no hope against the AI

The amount of detail in it is unreal as well, i'm just gonna have to hold out for the console version and hope its not dumbed down to much

You need no blur addon not sure it works for the demo shame im using it on full game and getting kicked from mp servers.

http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=addons&id=929

kicked because you're thrashing them or kicked because it detects the add on?

Detects addon i guess they classing it as cheat which is shame because it increases performance and also gets rid of looking through goldfish bowl as default.

You're able to deactivate the whole shizzle since patch v1.02, so there's no need to keep on using the no blur mod. (Post Processing Effects -> Deactivate)

Last edited:
Christ that torrent is slow...

Only 2 days until I get the demo :(

Any of the other links faster?

Back
Top Bottom