Ballon d'Or

I can see where Das Ist Das is coming from, but I disagree that they should be the top contenders for the award. You're right that CR and Ibra have that mentality to always win. Fine example is Ibra at Milan and Inter - the guy's abilities aren't great, but his ambition and motivation is clearly there. You can just tell even in his interviews that he will train professionally and do what it takes to be a winning professional. However, the reason I'd give it to Messi or Sneijder is that they offered a more complete package - goals, assist and overall teamworking.

Anyway guys, he gave us a pretty good justification for his opinion, so there's no need to start flaming just because he doesn't think like the majority!

:LOL:

YouTube - BARCA - ESPANYOL - MESSI HAND GOAL

Why use handball when you have the ability to score?

Messi is a midget at 5"7. It's cheating, and it is always wrong but the context of why he's cheating is, well humorous rather than disgraceful cheating when there is no need.

Messi is a small man, what can he do about that exactly? Should have got booked or maybe even a red but hey, he's certainly not in Crisitano's league when it comes to being a disgrace to football, Crisitano has no excuses for his diving.

Diving is the lowers form of cheating for me since there is no need to do it!

Last edited:
We need Ballons d'Or for keepers, defenders, midfielders and forwards.

That way everybody will be happy :D.

Christ, I've heard it all. Lavezzi better than Ronaldo in 2006/07, Ibra better than Messi and Maradona.

What next? Gareth Bale should have made the Ballon d'Or shortlist?

Anyway, it's stupid to have individual awards in a team sport, Messi's win is also the win of Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, Puyol,...

...totaly agree

making individual ratings could be only possible in league such as NHL where there is only one league, highest level, with no teams going down or up each year + every single players minute, goals, asists are being counted...this way it is the only way to say, this guy was best, most goals, plaing time, assists etc...but not in football...

edit: not to mention to rate this players as strikers - defenders - goalies...

while in football there is 11 positions already, in hockey you only got 6 - GK, 2DF, Center, LW, RW

Last edited:
I can see where Das Ist Das is coming from, but I disagree that they should be the top contenders for the award. You're right that CR and Ibra have that mentality to always win. Fine example is Ibra at Milan and Inter - the guy's abilities aren't great, but his ambition and motivation is clearly there. You can just tell even in his interviews that he will train professionally and do what it takes to be a winning professional. However, the reason I'd give it to Messi or Sneijder is that they offered a more complete package - goals, assist and overall teamworking.

Anyway guys, he gave us a pretty good justification for his opinion, so there's no need to start flaming just because he doesn't think like the majority!

I wasn't talking about the award, I was talking generally. I know you got my point and that's all what I want anyway. Thank you for your understanding and not insulting me. :PINKS:

:ANGEL:

What's the use?
And is it a Ballon D'or for players playing in Europe or for European players?
The first one would be useless because i can't remember a single Ballon D' Or playing outside Europe (which is not logical, there are strong competitions in South-America) and the second one is a second rate award as long as Messi continues to play.
I'm a Platini fan, but this is a rather useless initiative (of course there will also publicity and financial implications, which probably is the real reason behind this initiative).

What's the use?
And is it a Ballon D'or for players playing in Europe or for European players?
The first one would be useless because i can't remember a single Ballon D' Or playing outside Europe (which is not logical, there are strong competitions in South-America) and the second one is a second rate award as long as Messi continues to play.
I'm a Platini fan, but this is a rather useless initiative (of course there will also publicity and financial implications, which probably is the real reason behind this initiative).
I think for European, just like African ballon d'or

So Cristiano all the way!

Useless award.

Four Four Two just published his 100 best football players.
1 Messi
2 Villa
3 Xavi
4 Ronaldo

I tend to agree with that, although IMO Sneijder and Iniesta are better than Ronaldo (one might also argue about his team mates Özil and Xavi Alonso).

But it will be a fairly useless award.

I would put Robben there before Villa as well, but I think his many injuries have destroyed an incredible player.

Back
Top Bottom