Battlefield 2 : Modern Combat PC & Consoles

Re: Battlefield 2

The new computer arrives! Battlefield2 without lag here we come!

Damn........... I cant connect to the account server...... 5 other m8s of mine have got the same problem... WTF is wrong? :D hehe

I don't understand how people could have stopped playing this. Definite game of the year for me (despite the fact that as a whole I HATE the genre, so that's saying something)!

I stopped for a while because the folk I play regularly with are in the main a Call of Duty clan, and they sort of dropped their interest in this for one reason or another. They're testing a ranked server soon and have started playing it again, so I have too.

The game's faults for me lie in lag spikes, all of a sudden it'll almost freeze for about 10-15 seconds, by which time you're dead. It's a great concept and it looks lovely, but if you compare the engine with something like Source games (HL2, Counter-Strike and Day of Defeat, etc), it's very unstable.

Hopefully this patch will sort out various issues, although I still say it's a joke it's taken them more than four months to implement a favourites option on the server browser.

all is fucked now.

i cant load up a game from ASE or Xfire, because when i login, a message from EA comes up, preventing me joining that game.

i cant load up the servers in game, or on ASE, because it cuts my net off. I mean, when i click "update servers" then itll get the servers, then i cant access anything on the net, like my browser.

i then have to unplug phonleine and put it back in.

anyone know any reasons why it would do this? or how to cure it, its pissing me right off

Well done EA, you're not scum, honest.

The Special Forces addon is now out (I think), but at the same time EA have released a new BF2 patch, v1.12. This patch allows integration of SF with BF2, but it's only one-way. It means SF users can use their new guns on BF2 servers, but BF2 players cannot access these new guns. That's right, SF players now have an advantage. This is absolute bullshit. Fair enough that SF players get new bits and bobs, that's fine, but to now force those who paid their money for BF2 to be at a disadvantage unless they go out and buy the addon, is deplorable. They should have seperated the two versions, or at least given server admins the option to do so.

I will never buy another EA game again, FUCK YOU EA!

Still I think it's top on XB, as I have never played the PC version, but you had to expect that Classic, tis EA man, they want every last cent / pence from you pocket, hence a dopey FIFA RTWC, then FIFA WC to come, followed by FIFA07 4 months later.

I know EA are shitlickers with their half-yearly updates which essentially push the same shite as 6-months previous, but this is taking it to a new low. It's like Konami letting PES5 players play against PES4 players on Live, with only the PES5 folks having access to the :r2: shot, etc. They released a patch to make the games compatible, so the weapons and stuff are actually there they just won't let BF2 users have them. I can totally understand not letting them get the new stuff, they've not paid for it, but they should not let SF players access them on BF2 servers.

Haven't played the console versions, although I saw Flawless on Live playing it which is bizarre, he's got the PC one!

Last edited:

ClassicD said:
It's like Konami letting PES5 players play against PES4 players on Live, with only the PES5 folks having access to the :r2: shot

Thats understandable though, IMO

ClassicD said:
Haven't played the console versions, although I saw Flawless on Live playing it which is bizarre, he's got the PC one!

I tend to get the console equivalent of games just so I can against Live mates. The console version is awesome though, more arcadey than the PC one but lots and lots of fun

Noted said:
Thats understandable though, IMO
Is it fuck, the people who have paid for the earlier version are entitled to a fair game - they shouldn't HAVE to buy addons or upgrades in order to be on a level playing field! There's no reason why EA can't keep the two seperate, they're choosing to do this so that all BF2 players are at a disadvantage and are forced to buy the new addon if they want back on level terms.

I'd quite like to hear how you think that's perfectly acceptable.

ClassicD said:
...all BF2 players are at a disadvantage and are forced to buy the new addon if they want back on level terms.

Or alternatively they can tk the guys with the addon to get their weapons which I hear has been happening.

Sounds a bit shit, but I haven't played the game since the start of July, so it doesn't bother me much. Although I'm still keeping an eye on the release of Forgotten Hope 2 mod for it though.

I have no idea why this has started happening but it's got to the point where I can't fix it any more...

After installing patch v1.12, when trying to play online, I got the "CD Key invalid" message. After having a look around the net, I read it was a common problem, and that editing the "ergc" entry in the registry to x9392 followed by your CD key (excluding dashes) would fix the problem, and it did.

However, since upgrading to v1.20, the problem has surfaced again, and nothing seems to fix the problem. I've uninstalled the game (deleting all folders and registry entries), reinstalled, uninstalled again - I was so desperate to get back online I even tried formatting, but no joy.

Does anyone know of any way to fix this error that I haven't mentioned above?

Re: Battlefield 2 : Modern Combat Xbox 360

I dont think its that brill to be honest. I spose its because I like GR:AW so much, I think if we could drive vehicles and fly helicopters in GR:AW it would be excellent. I prefer Battlefield 2 on the PC mainly because it seems easier to play.

DJ

Re: Battlefield 2 : Modern Combat Xbox 360

jay666 said:
The more i play this the more i like it.
agreed,i played it for about an hour and really go into it maybe a game i may get

Anyone played this on the 360? I'm really enjoying it apart from the cant hear anyone and noone can hear me on the headset shit. Also the single player mode is to bleeding hard anyone done that friggin train level? AAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom