Battlefield 2 : Modern Combat PC & Consoles

Re: Battlefield 2

Does anyone know what medals do? Ive got 7 medals. 2 days ago i got my first promotion :D 200 points away from a weapon unlock!

An awards guide is here and a more detailed version without pictures is on Gamefaqs.com. I don't think medals actually do anything other than look good. ;)

Last edited:

I tried to play anti-tank yesterday, any advice on how to use it properly? Atm I just aim in the middle of the tank and shoot, but I don't seem to cause much damage most of the time. Where should I aim for maximum impact? Also when does the red circle appear? Is there a nice weapon or kits guide somewhere?

The front of the tank has the most armour. The weakest part of the tank is at the rear. When I was messing about in a local server a few weeks back it appeared that 2 hits to the rear would destroy the tank, or 3 to the side, or 4 to the front.

I need to get another game soon, haven't played for nearly 2 weeks now. :(

Ike said:
I tried to play anti-tank yesterday, any advice on how to use it properly? Atm I just aim in the middle of the tank and shoot, but I don't seem to cause much damage most of the time. Where should I aim for maximum impact? Also when does the red circle appear? Is there a nice weapon or kits guide somewhere?

Another tip is to fire your missle away from the tank, and then guide it towards it. That way, your cursor isn't aiming at the tank until the last minute, meaning the alarm in the tank will only go off just before your rocket hits

The red circle is for guiding it in, fire, hold the button and keep the reticle over the target.

Oh, they're guided too. I knew I must have missed an important part, thanks guys. ;)

Ike said:
Well I can get into a ranked server after a few tries, so maybe saying 'very hard' was exaggerating a bit. ;) The UK serers don't have excellent pings for me of course but they're decent enough to play.

Regarding ping, what's a decent ping to play correctly (<100 ??)

Tks:)

Last edited:

I'd say < 50 is excellent, 100 is ok, above 150 it's not much fun anymore.

Yup, a console version going by the name of Battlefield 2: Modern Combat (out on next gen consoles too). There's an XBox Live demo of it on the August issue of OXM

Excellent, impressive looking shot there from your avatar! I'm looking forward to the xbox version.

I usually play on servers with my ping to be about 110. And it feels perfectly fine, once you pass the the 150 mark you can notice it.

Its a complete miracle but I can actually play on ranked servers now.
hurah!
Time to start catching up with you lot :)

wahey :)

need to play more!! heh

sig.png

Last edited:

JO! GUYS? How can i see that on the net? That picture with stats in it? Went to bf2gaming.net but i cant see any stats link.... grts

WTF! Nickname not found it says :S:S:S:S

(Warning: file(cache/Elite|NL.xml): failed to open stream: Invalid argument in W:\WOLFGamingNetwork\bf2\bf2ranks\sig.php on line 741
Nickname not found)

do i have to play on certain ranked servers? Cause i CAN see my stats IN BFHQ and i played on many ranked servers..

Last edited:

guys, i got the game today. Had lots of problems with it crashing to desktop within the first hour of playing but it seems to have settled down now.

CANNOT get online. Everytime i try to register it says my email address is already in use.

When i try with my 3rd email account, it then says "Creating account" and stays there. Music still plays, the 2 still spins, it hasnt crashed.

When i shut it down via Task manager and go to access the internet, my internet seems to have disconnected.

I dont know weather this is down to BF2 or my connection is just being dodgy tonight

any suggestions?

btw loving the single player mode only tried a few levels but theyre cool with all the diff stuff you can do!

i cant quite believe this, i had one account working but i put in my wrong email address.

i really dont know what to do now it keeps not doing anything when i try to create an account. ive used loads of email addresses i had now i have none left

fucking wank

if you want i can sign up an account for you :) Just pm me the nickname, email adres and a desired password for that account. Trust me i wont use it against you

its ok, ive managed to do it now.

i had to use my dads email address, and my nickname is kelvano22 - lol

i havent had a game online yet but im waitin for people who i know to play so i can join them and have a few practice rounds, if anyone is willin to play with me add me to msn

kevano22@hotmail.com

cheeeeers

Back
Top Bottom