Battlefield 2 : Modern Combat PC & Consoles

Re: Battlefield 2

Aye, doesnt mention fixing crashes though...
I dont want to be pessimistic but I cant see how a EA patch will fix a punkbuster problem..
dohh dohh and double dohh

Doubt you'll ever get full ASE support, EA are in bed with Gamespy and Gamespy are 'competing' with the likes of ASE.

Thing is though, the only thing that stops ASE working is the lack of command line connect to IP option. This is exactly the same way in which gamespy arcade works too, so if they rule ASE out they rule their own product out too.

Aha but they're using GS Arcade in the in-game browser are they not? I can't remember but is there a wee GameSpy logo on that screen in-game?

If there's not then it's just daft not to add that command line.

Yeah it's used on the ingame browser, but the fact that they bundle gamespy arcade with bf2 is the laughable bit :)

Yeah, same here to be honest. Playing on an un-ranked server doesn't 'feel' as satisfying anymore, I've gotta say. And getting the 5 or 6 of us into a good ranked server is gonna be near impossible

I haven't been on much lately as I was finishing off my college course. I'll probably be up for some games this week although I'm not too fussy about ranks. So is the patch out tomorrow?

Check out this...

... for a shot!!

The thing the arrow is pointing too is the flailing arms of the deceased victim. After the commander pointed out a sniper on top of the crane, I took aim.

Steadied..

And fired!

A single (and very very lucky, I was using the SVD ffs!!) bullet round, straight into his head and down he goes!

If you look at the radar, I was positioned on top of the warehouse near the far left flag point. I couldn't believe I hit him!

:D

Even better, his body then proceeded to slide off the crane and tumble to the ground.

RESULT!

Im up for a game tonight, but not too late. I have to get up early in the morning for my summer job. I can play to 23 english time. It was great fun last time.

The patch is out guys!!

- Fixed in issue that caused the Multiplayer Browser to become unresponsive.

- Fixed an issue where some game controls were not available to be rebound within the Options menu.

- Fixed an issue with increasing performance degradation on servers.

- Fixed a problem with shader caching on client/host : after the first map in a rotation, shaders would be loaded on the fly during gameplay.

- Fixed a crash with rebinding LMB

- Fixed a problem that caused environment mapping to not appear on reflective surfaces.

- Fixed a crash that happened when a client picks up a kit that doesn't exist anymore.

- Fixed a problem with AI when the game was paused for a long time: bots would become unresponsive and also shoot more accurately.

- LOD distances tweaked on certain objects.

http://files.filefront.com/bf2patch_v_101/;3928948;;/fileinfo.html

Well they got it out nice and fast. Admittedly, they shouldn't have released such a buggy game, but at least they're doing something about it quickly

Doesnt fix the f*cking freezing though!
Trust the biggest game company in the world to be the crappest.

Who cares about in-game browsing, you can use ASE now :D

ASE doesn't seem to work well for me, I cannot join servers with BF2 already running, and if I click a server in ASE and let it start BF2, the server's long full until I get there.

for user which have problems to install the patch from EA (patching failed), i made a rar file. just extract the file and copy all 4 files in your bf2 main folder. then run the patch.exe and still wait, perhaps it can take a few minutes, so don't abort the patch. when the window close then it's finish. after that you can delete the four files in the main folder.

you can download it here: http://www.gbase.ch/pc/news/21382.html

babs said:
Yup, there's a fix. Have a look at the first news story on our clan site *coff* blatant pimp *coff*
Doesn't fix my problem unfortunately. ;)

All ranked servers with a decent ping are very hard to join. :|

I have no problem whatsoever getting into a ranked server. Are the pings really that bad for you Ike on UK servers?

Try EA UK and Multiplay.co.uk ranked servers, there's about 50 altogether, so theres always a space on at least one

Well I can get into a ranked server after a few tries, so maybe saying 'very hard' was exaggerating a bit. ;) The UK servers don't have excellent pings for me of course but they're decent enough to play.

My main point was that if I let ASE start BF2 with the server I've chosen and that usually has 1 or 2 open slots, it will most likely be full after the minute it takes to load the game and log in.

Back
Top Bottom