Battlefield 2 : Modern Combat PC & Consoles

Re: Battlefield 2

sig.php.png

It says on the EA website that the minimum system video requirements are (amongst other cards):

NVIDIA GeForce - 6600 (PCIe), PCX 5900 (PCIe), FX 5700-5900 (AGP)

If I buy a GeForce 6600 AGP, would there be any problems? I want to upgrade but I don't want to waste £100, and I've never heard of a company listing requirements with "PCI" next to some cards and "AGP" next to others. Any of you guys here playing on a GeForce 6-series AGP?

it works fine on mine and i have a geforce 5600 256mb

but beware when you try and play internet games

nope, i think i read somewhere

have a play round with the sound settings, change the EAX and the hardware sound driver in game options, should help it a bit

also if you are using a soundblaster get the latest drivers.
I had major problems with sound on the demo
and soon as i got the latest sound drivers those problems went away.

I had a nightmare tonight in 2 hours I got 100 points! dohhhhhhhh
pants.

Turned off DirectX sound acceleration and changed the sound settings to "software - low", and turned EAX off (all of which I shouldn't have to do as I have a newish Creative Labs Sound Blaster with four speakers connected, but hell, anything to get it to work).

I don't see the big deal about how it's so amazing so far though... Maybe it takes some getting into.

And as someone else said; EA\Gamespy have been trying to get into my computer for hours after playing according to PeerGuardian, and I have to turn PeerGuardian off to play it. It's quite worrying. :|

Last edited:

Chris Davies said:
It says on the EA website that the minimum system video requirements are (amongst other cards):

If I buy a GeForce 6600 AGP, would there be any problems? I want to upgrade but I don't want to waste £100, and I've never heard of a company listing requirements with "PCI" next to some cards and "AGP" next to others. Any of you guys here playing on a GeForce 6-series AGP?

Your fine getting a GeForce 6600 AGP card, assuming you have AGP ports in your PC. It is an awesome card for the price, and will run this game lovely.

You can probably get the 6600GT for a little more money, makes all the difference!

wahey
Ive only got another 8200 points to go to be promoted to Corporal!
hahaah
its took me 17 hrs to get to 1200 so that means its gona be another 116 hrs of playing before promotion!! baahahahaha
I quit :P

I am DESPERATE to play this mode. Someone tell me how the fudge you do it (and what the hell UAV means, I keep getting messages about it and I don't know what it's all about).

54885-pc22.jpg

Thats the commander mode, although that looks like a mod or something, cause it doesn't look like that. You just press Caps Lock, and at the top it should say Commander. If someone already is the commander, their name will appear underneath it. If not, there should be a button you can click saying Apply.

Just click that, wait about 20 seconds, then it'll come up and say whether or not you've been accepted to be the commander

Thanks guys, I've got the hang of it now. Cheers! :)

Flawl3ssCowb0y said:
Thats the commander mode, although that looks like a mod or something, cause it doesn't look like that.
It's a screenshot from the front page of EA UK's website... :| Hmmm, I wonder why it's different!

peat said:
wahey
Ive only got another 8200 points to go to be promoted to Corporal!
hahaah
its took me 17 hrs to get to 1200 so that means its gona be another 116 hrs of playing before promotion!! baahahahaha
I quit :P

Have you got a link of some sort to clarify how many points you need to get a promotion?

Scorpio said:
Have you got a link of some sort to clarify how many points you need to get a promotion?

Here you go, mate

# Private- No Unlocks (0 points)
# PFC- No Unlock (500 points)
# Lance Corporal- 1st unlock (1.000 points)
# Corporal- 2nd Unlock (10.500 points)
# Sergeant- 3rd Unlock (25.000 points)
# Staff Sergeant- 4th Unlock (50.000 points)
# Gunnery Sergeant- 5th Unlock (75.000 points)
# Master Sergeant- 6th Unlock (150.000 points)
# First Sergeant- No Unlocks (250.000 points)
# Master Gunnery Sergeant- Last Unlock
# Sergeant Major
# Sergeant Major of the Corps

That's basically right however I've seen people with 500+ with no promotion (including myself) and LCs with less than 1000 points, so I suppose it depends on some other values as well.

Does it depend on whether the server has that "allow global unlocks" thing on (i.e. are points discarded if "allow global unlocks" is set to zero)?

I take back what I said a few days ago. I am totally addicted to this game. I've been selling stuff at the local market since 7:30am this morning and all I've been thinking is "got to play Battlefield, got to play Battlefield". I even chose a specific drink because it had Arabic writing on it, and I could imagine I was a MEC guy.

Anyway.

It's INCREDIBLY hard, I've killed 10 but died 50 times. Ahem. Any tips you have to share??

I'm quite pants myself. ;)
Get on XFire dude, maybe we can make a squad.

played on an evo server today, anything to do with this site?
say hello to jonboyo99 if you see me :)

Imagine my surprise to see noted and milanista on my server this evening :)

How about creating an evo web clan?
or have you already?
or has anyone joined a specific clan?...if so is it advisable?
(http:/sbd-clan.net are recruiting and don't mind what level your at)
my xfire name= jonboyo99

Last edited:

It keeps track of what and where your xfire mates are playing online, get it on www.xfire.com. Many players posted their xfire username in this thread.

Back
Top Bottom