Boxing Talk!!

Sky Fight Night is worth a watch too, some decent fights on there

Things are getting interesting between Bellew and Cleverly. Could definitely see Bellew getting the better of him in a rematch
Just watched the Bellew fight, definitely fought the better opponent and dealt with him very convincingly, as you say the rematch would be interesting, weird that Bellew made a big deal about how hard he trained but he looked really soft in the middle, not a sign of an ab to be seen, what's that about?

Just watched the Bellew fight, definitely fought the better opponent and dealt with him very convincingly, as you say the rematch would be interesting, weird that Bellew made a big deal about how hard he trained but he looked really soft in the middle, not a sign of an ab to be seen, what's that about?

I thought that he looked quite fleshy around that area too. Infact I heard him say in a iFLTV interview that he wasnt in the best ever shape hes been in. He also said that he knocked his head on a door in his house, so even before he got in the ring he was marked up. I reckon he must be really comfortable at the weight, his power is there to be seen. I think in the rematch he will have too much for Cleverly who still looks to be still getting over the Kovalev fight to be honest. Where has Bellew as moved on from his Stevenson defeat. Bellew KO or stoppage win when they meet later in the year!

Yeah bummer, I was looking forward to this too.

I know the big names of HW isn't there, but it was something I was really looking forward to though. :(

FD

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/28430389

Tyson Fury to fight Alexander Ustinov after Chisora withdrawal

Tyson Fury will fight Belarusian Alexander Ustinov in hometown Manchester on Saturday, following the late cancellation of his world title eliminator with Dereck Chisora.

Chisora withdrew from the bout after fracturing his left hand in training.

The 22st Ustinov was Chisora's sparring partner when the injury occurred.

Shall we get the discussion going again!

It's been a pretty steady past 2 weeks really

Golovkin vs Geale

GGG is just terrific, I cant see who can stop him. Amazing, freakish power. He blew Geale out of the water

Kovalev vs Caparello

Not sure about the level of this opponent, nothing special. Kovalev down in 1st but looked off balance got upto finish him in 2nd or 3rd. Sets up an interesting fight with Hopkins later in the year, should be good

Rios vs Chaves

Very scrappy fight, thats all

Danny Garcia fighting this weekend. But the one I am really looking forward to is Kell Brook, hopefully he can bring it home!

GGG is definitely looking untouchable, him vs Canelo at some point would be VERY interesting!

not looking forward to Garcia really, not a fight that excites me as I expect him to retain pretty comfortably.

Brook vs Porter certainly does though! can't wait.

Shawn Porter vs Kell Brook 6/10 Skip it unless you`re a fan of Brook or Porter

Porter landed nothing meaningful throughout the whole fight. He had no plan B and looked lost, meaninglessly flailing away while in the clinch. Everyone was raving about him because of his relentless pressure and power. All throughout history there have been cases where a boxer's big punch wasn't enough. There will come a day when Golovkin, Kovalev, and Wilder fight a tricky fighter who they can't knock out.

Last edited:
I don't think its harsh on GGG at all. The three hardest middleweight punchers of all time, Julian Jackson, Gerald Mcclellan and Nigle Benn went through the same thing. I'm a firm believer of the quote "If you retire undefeated in boxing it means you didn't fight everyone you were supposed to".

Danny Garica vs Rod Salka 7/10 Defn worth a watch

This was a confidence fight for Garcia which he needed after his last fight in which many ppl thought he lost

Lucas Matthysse (35-3-0) vs Roberto Ortiz (31-0-1) 5/10
WBC Silver Light Welterweight Title ~

Adrien Broner (28-1-0) vs Emmanuel Taylor (18-2-0) 7/10 Worth a watch
Vacant WBA International Lt Welterweight Title ~

Usual high quality versions trickling their way down but also grabbed a 4.57gb 1080p version of the main event from PB which should be complete much quicker, can't guarantee what the quality is like though!

Arum can make him a new star...with the women. He prob banged all of them

yp4kJEo.jpg

Has anyone been to Vegas before for a fight?

me and a mate decided we want to make it out for a potential Khan/Mayweather fight in 2015 but have no idea how to go about it.

Do some of these boxing events do Travel Packages which include Accommodation/Ticket/+ a few goodies

Just interested to know what the best route is and the estimated cost each, £2500 about right for a Thursday to Sunday?

Never flown into Sin City from the UK. Been to plenty of fights since moving to North America though. Sites like vegas.com and lasvegas.com usually have some good deals on flight/hotel packages. I have never seen a package that included a fight though. I book a month in advance and usually fly with Southwest airlines straight to Las Vegas. About a 4 hr trip. I stay at the New York hotel because its cheap, I`m rarely in my room, and its 5 mins from the MGM. The MGM has really nice rooms though, almost as nice as the Cosmopolitan and Aria. The UFC has better after fight parties than boxing if you`re into stuff like that. Mayweather usually hangs out at the Marquee (inside Cosmopolitan) after his fights. A lot of chicks with implants trying to show off.

Back
Top Bottom