Boxing Talk!!

Canelo to HBO, interesting move.

Hope to see him vs GGG at some point.

Let's hope so. There are probably only about 3/4 fights left in the year that I really want to see. That said, there are always fights with lesser known fighters that could turn out to be FOTY contenders.

Anyone see Paul Smith vs Abraham

Absolutely shocking from all 3 judges, no way was it a landslide Abraham win. I actually had Smith winning by a few rounds. The judges scorecards should have been much, much closer!

I had it at a draw but if you gave the decision to either guy I wouldn't have complained. shocking scorecards though.

I heard the fight was nothing special so I'm going to pass on watching it. I don't have the time to watch as much boxing as I used to, mainly due to new commitments so a I will probably be very picky with fights I check out. So no more Friday night fights, nbc fight nights etc... unless there is a must see fight that I missed.

BWad vs Pulev 5.5/10: worth a watch if you're a Wlad fan.

Wlads style is ugly but he gets the job done

Joshua and Wilder have the potential to be huge stars in the UK and US if their brought up the right way. Fans love KO artists.

Manny Pac vs Chris Algieri 7/10: worth a watch. Didn't see the undercard.

fights to make in 2015 to get everyone excited about the sport again

Khan vs Brook
GGG vs Ward
Kovalev vs Adonis
Garcia vs Broner
Cotto vs Canelo.

I`m holding out hope. If only boxing were run like the UFC. One title for each weight class, performance bonuses and one promoter.

Anyone who's friends with me and I've shared boxing with you over the years, or anyone that's sources boxing from elsewhere including of course tc-boxing will at some point have watched a cap by Seminole who had been capping boxing for many years, sadly he died on November 20th whilst under surgery for a heart condition, he was 73. RIP Bob.

Ya, I saw that on the weekend and posted in his memory thread. Sad news indeed. Did you know if he was a former fighter? I was looking for his bio but couldn't find it.

I don't believe he was:

WITT, MR. ROBERT EDWARD - age 73, of Harriman, Tennessee, passed away on Thursday, November 20, 2014, at Parkwest Regional Medical Center in Knoxville, Tennessee. Mr. Witt was a veteran of the United States Coast Guard. He was a retired electrical engineer at Alcoa Aluminum Corporation. Mr. Witt was an avid sportsman, he played football for Florida State Seminoles and the Coast Guard, and he enjoyed track, and was an avid boxing enthusiast. Robert was general operator of an international boxing blog. Mr. Witt was also an Olympic weightlifter. He enjoyed teaching and coaching youth in the Pop Warner football leagues. Robert loved his family and was a loving husband, father, and grandfather. He was preceded in death by parents, Edward and Percy Witt; daughter, Julia Witt; and brother, Steve Witt. He is survived by wife of 47 years, Andreene Witt of Harriman, Tennessee; son, Andrew Witt of Texas; daughter, Amy Huskins (Brian Pridemore, fiancé) of Harriman, Tennessee; granddaughter, Karalyn; brother, Scott Witt (Laura) of Albany, Oregon. Arrangements are as follows: family will have a celebration of life visitation from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday, November 25, 2014, in the chapel of Evans Mortuary in Rockwood, Tennessee. Private family interment services will be held at a later date. Evans Mortuary of Rockwood is serving the family of Mr. Robert Edward Witt. - See more at: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/knoxnews/obituary.aspx?pid=173255235#sthash.mjIra4nE.dpuf

Anyone who's friends with me and I've shared boxing with you over the years, or anyone that's sources boxing from elsewhere including of course tc-boxing will at some point have watched a cap by Seminole who had been capping boxing for many years, sadly he died on November 20th whilst under surgery for a heart condition, he was 73. RIP Bob.

I noticed that, R.I.P

Quite looking forward to Saunders vs Eubank Jr. on the Fury vs Chisora undercard tonight

Khan vs Alexander this week, not a bad challenge at all for Khan. Hope he prevails

KO King Keith Thurman on the card too against Bundu I'm sure I have seen him a few times on Sky before and was a pretty decent, exciting fight. Could be a good one

2402F43600000578-0-image-a-16_1418426140491.jpg

Oscar looks old

Quite looking forward to Stiverne vs Wilder this weekend. Really hope Wilder gets a serious test this time, only seen Stiverne in the Arreola fights, he looks to carry some power. Hopefully will be an exciting fight

Should be a good one. Can`t see it going the distance. I got Wilder by KO even though he does have a shaky chin. Berny could pull the upset if he catches him with a good shot.

I'm not so clued up on Wilder, but a shaky chin?

Is this in reference to the Amateur fight against Russia? That was some time ago, and others like Tua, Bowe and the likes have done similar.

FD

Haye had him hurt in sparring as well apparently, I've seen both in numerous fights and think Stiverne could beat him but it'll be close, looking forward to it.

Wilder vs Stiverne 7/10

Good fight that surprisingly went the distance. Wilder rocked Berny with a jab straight combo all night. Was a little out control at times when throwing combos. I think he was excited and just wanted to get Berny out of there. Would like to see him fight Fury next. The trash talk leading up to the fight would be epic

Back
Top Bottom