Bundesliga Thread 2012/13

The very last sentence is most important. He'll most likely miss the upcoming season entirely, though, which is a shame.

anyway, what i'm trying to say is that i didn't mean to diminish hummels value. on the contrary, i meant to highlight badstuber value (whose qualities might appear less evident, as kanoute's post suggested), by mentioning hummels (infrequent) blunders.

And that's how I understood it.
"Unreliable" was indeed a harsh word to use to describe how I interpreted your (very slight) criticism about Hummels. I basically meant to say that I agree about Hummels' blunder-quota being higher than Badstuber's. Both player's have their strengths and weaknesses, of course. Hummels has the slight advantage, in my opinion.

"Unreliable" was indeed a harsh word to use to describe how I interpreted your (very slight) criticism about Hummels.

yup. infact i wouldn't even consider it a criticism. he's only 24 and i still see huge margin for improvement in his game. he's supposed to have a few weaknesses at this stage in his carreer. and he's already much better than most of his colleagues in europe anyway.

btw what's up with shaaf leaving werder? did he give any reason for his goodbye? i gotta say i did not see this coming!

Last edited:
Werder Bremen had an extremely disappointing season and narrowly avoided relegation. Schaaf himself considered this as underachieving and stopped, that is what i read in the Belgian papers (who have a special interest in Werder because Kevin De Bruyne played there).

About Hummels. It's true that he makes mistakes, on the other hand, i'm old enough to have seen Beckenbauer. Hummels reminds me of Beckenbauer.

Last edited:
lo zio said:
btw what's up with shaaf leaving werder? did he give any reason for his goodbye? i gotta say i did not see this coming!

Werder has been performing rather weakly for quite some time now in the league. Their current position says a lot about the situation of the club. In fact, Schaaf's critics have been steadily growing in numbers these past couple of years. I'm not certain if it was the right decision to part ways with Werder, nor that it was, in fact, a decision shouldered entirely by him.
He loves the club and might have come to the conclusion that it would be best to make way for a new coach, who'll hopefully be able to turn the ship around - or he was approached by the board who "politely asked him" to leave on his own initiative (to avoid compensating financially ;)).
But that's merely speculation. The official story is that coach and board sat down together hand came to the mutual conclusion it would be best to part ways now. I don't actually doubt it. Surely Thomas Schaaf must have noticed the obvious decline of Werder as well.
Another key factor was the departure of Klaus Allofs, who, a few months prior, took over managing-duties at Wolfsburg. The great success of Werder was always attributed to both these men, who were/are good friends.

I still vividly remember the golden days of Werder with Micoud, Ailton, Klose, Frings ... and especially that one CL-campaign where only a last-minute blunder from Tim Wiese cost them the match-up against Juventus. They were so good at the time I really counted them to the favorites to win the trophy that year. An underdog only to the untrained eye - much like Dortmund this year.
It's a shame to see this club kind of reset to square one again after all they have achieved, but the fact of the matter is: Bremen has always had problems to generate the money needed to sustain high-level football over a long period of time. It's possible only if they can constantly qualify for the international competitions.

I still vividly remember the golden days of Werder with Micoud, Ailton, Klose, Frings ... and especially that one CL-campaign where only a last-minute blunder from Tim Wiese cost them the match-up against Juventus. They were so good at the time I really counted them to the favorites to win the trophy that year. An underdog only to the untrained eye - much like Dortmund this year.
It's a shame to see this club kind of reset to square one again after all they have achieved, but the fact of the matter is: Bremen has always had problems to generate the money needed to sustain high-level football over a long period of time. It's possible only if they can constantly qualify for the international competitions.

yeah sadly it always works like this for theese midclass clubs. then again it's always fun to watch them rebuilding great teams again and again.
i also remember that matchup against juve. i almost felt sorry for wiese when emerson scored that goal (it was emerson, wasn't it?)
anyway it's a pity to see shaaf leave. i understand it might have been necessary, but still werder and shaaf were like the same thing to me, so it was quite a shock to hear the news.

Okay, here are the final results from Germany:

Relegated:
- Fortuna Düsseldorf
- SpVgg Greuther Fürth

Promoted(from the 2. Bundesliga):
- Hertha BSC Berlin
- Eintracht Braunschweig

Relegation, winner will play in the Bundesliga next year:

TSG 1899 Hoffenheim (16th, 1. Bundesliga) 3-1 1. FC Kaiserslautern (3rd, 2. Bundesliga)
1. FC Kaiserslautern (3rd, 2. Bundesliga) 1-2 TSG 1899 Hoffenheim (16th, 1. Bundesliga)

So both teams stay in their league, meaning we have Hoffenheim in the Bundesliga next year again.

More like the Chelsea of the Bundesliga without investing THAT much money but still more than the so called "traditional" clubs. Same goes for other clubs with a company supporting them, namely Wolfsburg and, to a lesser extent, Bayer Leverkusen.

A Croatian guy I played with two years ago in a community cup exhibition game played with Sv Fortuna Regensburg this past year in Bayern, Germany. Anybody know where I can find their match 2012/2013 highlights? Didn't have any luck on YouTube

Borussia Dortmund have decided to cancel the scheduled farewell ceremony for Mario Gotze ahead of this weekend's German Supercup match against Bayern Munich, in order to prevent any supporter protests.

Supercup 2013

Borussia Dortmund - FC Bayern 4:2
1:0 Reus (6.)
1:1 Robben (54.)
2:1 Van Buyten (56./own goal)
3:1 Gündogan (57.)
3:2 Robben (64.)
4:2 Reus (86.)

van Buyten's header was a beauty, only few strikers could've hit that ball so good. Too bad, it was in our own net...:LOL:

yeah a real beauty , hope to see many more beauty from him ;)

congrats Dortmund , hope many more trophys coming this season!

Well, Dortmund won because of Starke's mistake, an annoying own goal header from van Buyten, an foul in midfield against Thiago and an offside goal. 2 referee and 2 strange individual faults were leading to 4 goals. Supercup was the only and last trophy for Dortmund this season, I'm very sure about that. They just had a lot of luck today.

Well, Dortmund won because of Starke's mistake, an annoying own goal header from van Buyten, an foul in midfield against Thiago and an offside goal. 2 referee and 2 strange individual faults were leading to 4 goals. Supercup was the only and last trophy for Dortmund this season, I'm very sure about that. They just had a lot of luck today.

YEA RIGHT ;)

quick question guys, how's the weather in germany theese days?
i'm asking this coz bundi always kicks off a couple of weeks before serie a (kinda like the epl), and that makes sense, as i would assume summer heat is a little less intense in germany than it is in italy..... but what temperatures are we talking about exactly?
right now, all across italy temperatures go from 28 to 33 celsius degrees and the humidity is quite high (wich would make playing football an heroic feat).
what about germany?:))

It was very hot yesterday (for German temperatures of course) with 30°C+, with the hottest values reached in the south of Germany. So it was similar to the situation you described in your post. Today the situation is a bit different, we're having a rainy cold day here in the west of Germany.

Terrific news for BVB fans! Klopp has signed a contract extension until 2018.

BX0vTiTCAAELLx9.jpg

Back
Top Bottom