Bundesliga Thread 2012/13

Re: Bundesliga Thread 2008/2009 New Season

Hertha out of the race for the title. Wolfsburg could bag it with a draw, but they're up against Bremen, who had a terrible league and wonderful cup season thus far. If one team can surprise Wolfsburg at home, it sure is Werder!

It's in their hands now, but they wouldn't be the first team to lose it all in the last game.

Whatever happens, Bayer vs. Stuttgart will be a decisive game, if only for the question who'll directly qualify for the CL next year.

True. Wolfsburg can now make history (hell either way they're making history even by getting CL place) and it's in their own hands but if any team can surprise them, it is the inconsistent Thomas Schaaf side.

But the thing is, at this point, even with a win, Werder will not even jump up one place. They'll still finish 10th and they do hate Bayern a whole lot more than Volkswagen's team.... :P

p.s. I wouldn't be too surprised to see Vfb lift the championship again with Magath's side throwing it away on the final day and what a miraculous turn-around that would mark under Markus Babbel!

Wolfsburg did it.

wob_schale-1243097310.jpg

boring club but well deserved, best football this season

Congratulations Volkswagon! :D

Superb Bundesliga! Let's hope next year is as exciting again!

p.s. wonder how many people find Wolfsburg's two world-cup winning Italians (Barzagli and Zaccardo's decision) to join the greens 'weird' now!? Best decision ever! lol
Great foresight by them and their agents/family... something I could've never anticipated.

Tho Zaccardo hasn't been as good and actually plays with 'low' confidence at times which is sad to see because it really affects him. Then again, he was never as impressive or as good as Barzagli anyway, so it's no surprise, who has been the better purchase.

The whole team really exceeded all expectations.
Grafite and Dzeko scoring 54 goals together, Misimovic assisting 20, being the real playmaker of the team. Josué, a rather unusual Brazilian playing much like an early Emerson for Leverkusen as the central midfielder in front of the great defense lead by Barzagli.

It'll be hard to keep the lot in town, though. It would be sad to see only half of this great team in the CL next season. Alone the fact that the superb duo up front will most likely be broken in half is a real bummer.
Then again: a transfer of Dzeko and/or Grafite should generate tons of money and the VW club sure doesn't need to put this money anywhere else than the squad.

Saw the game yesterday against Werder, and wow they are a joy to watch in the counter.
Grafite is just unbelievably good, super high balance, strong, quick thinker, great finish damn.. hope he stays, him and all that team, they can be a surprise in the CL with a couple of additions to that defence to play well they sure can become a threat to any team there.

Saison 2008/09 - 34. Spieltag
Pos Spieler Verein Tore
1 Grafite VfL Wolfsburg 28
2 Dzeko VfL Wolfsburg 26
3 Gomez VfB Stuttgart 24
4 Helmes Bayer Leverkusen 21
5 Ibisevic 1899 Hoffenheim 18
6 Pizarro Werder Bremen 17
7 Novakovic 1. FC Köln 16
8 Ba 1899 Hoffenheim 14
Toni Bayern München 14
10 Wichniarek Arminia Bielefeld 13
Kuranyi FC Schalke 04 13
12 Diego Werder Bremen 12
Frei Borussia Dortmund 12
Petric Hamburger SV 12
Kießling Bayer Leverkusen 12
16 Voronin Hertha BSC 11
17 Olic Hamburger SV 10
Klose Bayern München 10
19 Sestak VfL Bochum 9
Hugo Almeida Werder Bremen 9
Rangelov Energie Cottbus 9
Liberopoulos Eintracht Frankfurt 9
Guerrero Hamburger SV 9
Freis Karlsruher SC 9
Ribery Bayern München 9

goalgetters

Wolfsburg are a great team...exciting Bundesliga this years...maybe the most exciting league of Europe..

I don't know how anyone can find Wolfsburg "boring"...

Wolfsburg are a great team...exciting Bundesliga this years...maybe the most exciting league of Europe..

I don't know how anyone can find Wolfsburg "boring"...

no real history, not many fans, very boring and dull city, club feeded by volkswagen...overall they are just there because of the money they get from the big company...nothing bad about that...still, nobody is really excited about them. ;)

i admited they played fantastic football, but they are just sooo boring in many aspects compared to clubs like schalke, bayern, bielefeld, frankfurt etc. etc.

good luck against cottbus mate:)

thank you. will be interesting. don't have much hope though tbh.

3 hours in line to get my playoff tickets :FISH:

dsc_0004aen9.jpg

Martin Jol is leaving HSV for Ajax! Big surprise.:CONFUSE:

YEp it's done and apparently Super Mario is off to Bayern as well with Manuel Neuer being their only GK target this summer.

relegation battle today

Energie Cottbus vs. 1. FC Nürnberg

fingers crossed, i'm excited. we need at least an away goal s we've got a decent result for the home leg

0,1020,1537100,00.jpg

FC Energie Cottbus - 1.FC Nürnberg 0:3

we're on our way back...90 minutes to go:APPLAUD:

Congrats to Nurnberg!

Wanted to see them back in Bundesliga and Cottbus among all Bundesliga teams is my first choice to not be in the top division of the country.

I don't see why there should be a relation between a boring city and the football team of that city while you acknowledge that Wolfsburg played some exciting football...

If you apply that same logic then the most loathed club in Germany should be of all teams your favourite one, 1 FC Nurnberg...The city of Nurnberg was the core city of the Nazi's in Germany...That's not exactly boring but plain evil...so is 1 FC Nurnberg an "evil club" ? I don't think so...

I hope you don't misunderstood me: i have nothing against 1 FC Nurnberg or against the city of Nurnberg. I was just mimicking your "reasoning"... I think you made matters worse by saying why you think Wolfsburg is a boring club...they played some fantastic football and that is what matters to me. You have every right to be subjective about clubs and to dislike every club you want. But don't try to justfy it that way. You are a very nice guy, but now you slipped a litle bit. No hard feelings...

PLF, i have nothing against Nurnberg (as stated above) but i loved Cottbus because they came from the former GDR and because they were the absolute underdogs in the Bundesliga...

you are basing your opinion more on a football-only point of view i think, while i am taking more factors in consideration. ;) i am going to the stadium pretty much every week, see how fan groups perform etc. and compared to the likes of frankfurt or rostock or a lot of other clubs i think wolfsburg simply is "boring" because they a) don't have a as long tradition as other clubs and b) their fanbase is rather small and not what you would call an "impressive" ultra / supporter group.

yeah, i agree you can not judge a club only by the town they come from, but i think most people over here will agree that wolfsburg compared to others is rather a dull club and nothing really special. again, that said, their football was fantastic. but that's not allways what it is only about, at least for me.

Well maybe i only look at the football side because i don't know the city of Wolfsburg...i also have a soft spot for clubs like Wolfsburg and Offenheim because they are "new".
I like new clubs, i'm easily bored if the same clubs always win titles...i would never be a fan of a club that always wins...next year for instance i will "follow" Nurnberg because i always have a soft spot for promoted teams or underdogs (and usually promoted teams are underdogs).

Congrats ;)

thanks :D seems like yesterday we played you...maybe again, sometime soon hopefully. ;)

Yeah..you were unlucky. But I remember your fans support. Sure, hopefully on Champions League. ;)

That Gonçalves, loaned from Hearts, sucks, right?

hell yeah he does. going to leave us again, i am glad. :)

Re: Bundesliga Thread 2008/2009 "Champion Wolfsburg "

Sorry , I could not deal with the very great a game this year really put Wolfsburg became the champion , congratulations Wolfsburg.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom