Bundesliga Thread 2012/13

Re: Bundesliga Thread 2008/2009 "Champion Wolfsburg "

Wolfsburg is a surprise for me...
Dzeko and Graffite are great forwards...

Simunic has gone to Hoffenheim now.

Some more transfer rumors ...

Lucio may leave Bayern for real this time, though I highly doubt any of these rumors about Van Gaal saying he wouldn't fit the system are true. Just some smart journalists interpreting stuff into the signing of Braafheid and Pranjic.

Ze Roberto is about to sign the two year contract Bayern wouldn't offer him in Hamburg! He's still such a decent player, I think HSV makes a great move getting him in.

Demba Ba is set to leave Hoffenheim for Stuttgart as the replacement for Mario Gomez. 12.000.000 Euros transfer fee, apparently. Great signing - no doubt - but Ba really showed some weak character traits forcing his way out of his club.

germany league is a lot of fun and what a signing for hamburg, good experience and still for an older player ze roberto is in fine shape

They finalized the signing of Marcus Berg as well yesterday. Fee wasn't reported from what I read but I'm guessing around the $11-$13 Million mark.

p.s. Andreas Ivanschitz joins Mainz! Can't say I saw this coming to be honest. Might be a very good move for him though to get his career back on track and become am important part of the team.

Maniche to Cologne! Can't say many saw that coming either.

Him and Podolski can potentially be great additions to the team.

current standing i predict we'll make about 20 points and get relegated 18th. we sign nobody. everbody else is throwing out money. wow...

I think (hope) next year will be Eigler's year to show Bundesliga and the German public what he's fully capable of including Nurnberg fans. I always thought he has the potential to be a good (nothing special) but good player who can be clinical in and around the box. He's shown glimpses of that but inconsistently. Of course he has to fight for his place in the team but I think with some luck and getting a fair chance and staying away from injuries, he can establish himself as a good Bundesliga striker.

Glauber is released by Man City by the way I heard. He made like 1 appearance I think and only had a 1-year contract. Bit of a shame, his career just took a year step back. But maybe a return to Germany is possible now.

EDIT: p.s. Has Gygax done anything since joining? This guy had some talent but unfortunately most of the time, you could tell he's only giving like 70% and not being bothered too much. Very inconsistent as well, looking great one game and crap the next.

Last edited:

Yah I heard about that at that time too although it was supposed to be loan, now of course we all know Elano's gone to Gala.

Anyway just read this: http://soccernet.espn.go.com/feature?id=664864&cc=5901

We all already knew about Deisler's sad story but this just reminded me of the tragedy once again. :/

His book is apparently coming out late September! If this is gonna be released/translated in English I'm definitely gonna give it a read. The question is, will it? Any German friends know?

i'll look into that for you

Thanks. I hope it is cuz I can't understand German. :p

I'd like to read it too and my German isn't good enough to read a whole book so an English translation would be great.

OPM - maybe if the publishers aren't planning it you could do it for PLF and me :LOL:

haha that would be awesome! :D

Hey Jumbo, by the sounds of it, you understand some German then at least. I don't know $hit!! You're much better off then pal. :) lol which sucks because I love the Bundesliga but obviously I miss out on some news or some good shows because of this 'language' barrier.

Decent game last night, two good goals too.

Yah great opener!

Champs look good and Stuttgart will also be somewhere up there near the end of the season. 2 good teams. Good match! And Bundesliga is on its way! :BOP: :WORSHIP:

Hleb and the tall left-footed Russian striker will turn out to be very useful signings I think.

First Bundesliga matchday is over :)

VfL Wolfsburg - VfB Stuttgart 2:0
1:0 Misimovic (71.)
2:0 Grafite (82.)

Borussia Dortmund - 1. FC Köln 1:0
1:0 Matip (75./Own Goal)

1. FC Nürnberg - Schalke 04 1:2
0:1 Kuranyi (36.)
0:2 Kuranyi (50.)
1:2 Mintal (88.)

Werder Bremen - Eintracht Frankfurt 2:3
0:1 Amanatidis (6.)
1:1 Özil (13./Penalty)
1:2 Amanatidis (42.)
2:2 Sanogo (44.)
2:3 Fenin (71.)

Yellow-Red: Prödl (Bremen/90.+1)

Hertha BSC - Hannover 96 1:0
1:0 Kacar (82.)

Mainz 05 - Bayer Leverkusen 2:2
1:0 Hoogland (5.)
1:1 Derdiyok (42.)
1:2 Kießling (43.)
2:2 Gunkel (82.)

TSG Hoffenheim - Bayern Munich 1:1
0:1 Olic (25.)
1:1 Obasi (41.)

VfL Bochum - Borussia M'Gladbach 3:3
0:1 Arango (19.)
0:2 Colautti (26.)
0:3 Brouwers (41.)
1:3 Azaouagh (51.)
2:3 Azaouagh (52.)
3:3 Sestak (63.)

Red: Dante (M'Gladbach/59.)

SC Freiburg - Hamburger SV 1:1
0:1 Pitroipa (3.)
1:1 Bechmann (65.)

Watched the Wolfsburg v Stuttgart and Hoffenheim v Bayern games, enjoyed both of them, Wolfsburg were impressive, Stuttgart will need to improve imo.

Bayern were decent aswell, Gomez very quiet, Olic was good, felt sorry for Hoffenheim, genuine goal was disallowed, lovely move for their goal Ibisevic touch back to Obasi was lovely.

Watched the Wolfsburg v Stuttgart and Hoffenheim v Bayern games, enjoyed both of them, Wolfsburg were impressive, Stuttgart will need to improve imo.

Bayern were decent aswell, Gomez very quiet, Olic was good, felt sorry for Hoffenheim, genuine goal was disallowed, lovely move for their goal Ibisevic touch back to Obasi was lovely.
Typical Bayern game...

They just did not deserve anything but a loss, but the ref just supported them...
Or can anybody explain me why Bommel did not get a red card???

I managed to catch the Freiburg-Hamburg game and I thought Freiburg looked pretty decent against a strong Hamburg side. Banovic's set-pieces were quite good too.

Gomez really isnt a £15 mil + player. I know he scored a lot of goals at Stuttgart but for me his link up play and movement is sub standard. Bayern need a fit Ribery ASAP. The difference he makes to that side is huge.

Last nights game was so poor, the ref didn't need to book as many players as he did too.

Yeah Hoffenheim v Schalke was dull beyond belief. Friday night football is bad.

Yeah Hoffenheim v Schalke was dull beyond belief. Friday night football is bad.

I forgot about the game but seemed I missed nothing.

Louis Van Gaal under pressure? No win in 3 and suffering a defeat at Mainz.

Did Ribery start their last game?

In the first game and most of the second game they looked short of ideas.

Ahh I misread the question. I didnt see the match against Mainz, I meant the Bremen match.

Back
Top Bottom