Bundesliga Thread 2012/13

Re: Bundesliga Thread 2009/2010 - "Champion Wolfsburg 2009"

Thanks to Bremens 2-0 victory Auf Schalke Bayern can now only theoretically come short in the race for the Bundesliga title due to a massive advantage in goal difference.

Bayern - Bochum 3:1
---------------------------------
18' Muller 85' Fuchs
20' Muller
69' Muller

bayern_jubel-1272730972.jpg

Strike one!

Lol Metzelder is coming back to Germany but with Schalke! Wonder how Dortmund fans feel about this... :D :LOL:

the biggest rivals, hahaha. But as young player Metzelder was Schalke player ;))

Yeah I'll be glad to see Metzelder back in Bundesliga! I'm a fan of his. I just found it a little odd, he came back to Schalke!

Anyway congrats to Muller and Bayern and van Gaal. Early in the season, many doubted him and put him and the team under a lot of unnecessary pressure just because the immediate results weren't very good. But I doubt many doubt him now. :)

Plus look at how AZ did this year in Eredivisie after van Gaal left! From champs to 5th place!

Yeah, heard it in the radio a couple of hours ago. Guess it wasn't surprising giving the condition he was in, still left me in a quite a shock. I have so many fond memories of the man. He was a huge part of the Bundesliga back when I started watching football in the nineties. He was always there, always coaching, giving classy interviews.

... RIP Joerg Berger ...

1 Bor. Dortmund 25 39 61
2 Bay. Leverkusen 25 19 49
3 Hannover 96 25 5 47
4 Mainz 05 25 9 43
5 Bayern München 25 18 42
6 1.FC Nürnberg 25 7 39

3 points behind bayern at this stage of the season, awesome!

we are playing better football than in our 2007 cup-winning season, awesome :)

Yes, well done to Nurnberg, Mainz and Hannover (Imagine them in Champions League!!) but especially well done to table toppers and by some distance who also outplayed and beat Bayern in Munich last week.

Klaup and Borussia Dortmund, Sahin and co. are just magnificent this year. Such a young team but such a good team. Players like Schmelzer really shining!! He should be Germany's #1 left-back now!

Bayern lose again 3-1 to Hannover and having a bad season but look good for going to next round of CL at least. Some pressure building on van Gaal and Magath too who isn't having the best of years with Schalke.

Very interesting season overall. Werder Bremen, Schalke, Bayern and Wolfsburg having horrible seasons!! Two fighting relegation! LOL

And Schalke and Bayern far from championship. And of course you have teams like Nurnberg, Mainz and Hannover switching places with likes of Werder and Wolfsburg.

NOBODY could've expected the table to look like THIS at all (both at top and bottom and in middle) before the season!

Yea The Bundesliga is becoming a Strong Domestic league...it always been but now its getting the credit it deserve...also germany are producing alot of talented players theses days. Great league, great goals, great football... GO BVB btw =p love to see young talented teams like this

Go Dortmund, always liked them, glad they're at the top of the tree again.

Stadiums and fans are awesome too.

FD

Yeah, Dortmund back in CL in that HUGE stadium would be awesome and quite the spectacle again!

Especially if they're the defending Bundesliga champs. Their atmosphere, stadium and fans will cause much more havoc and fear and intimidate opponents than Wolfsburg did let's say as Bundesliga champs in CL last year.

BTW can somebody update the thread name??? ty ahah

Mario Gotze is being linked with MAN U as they are in reconstruction in that midfield spots...He an amazing player, great vision, speed and technique...is touches is absolutly incredible and it seem right now every passes seem to turn into gold theses days. I cant believe hes only 18 too =p

BTW can somebody update the thread name??? ty ahah

Yeah, it's time to update the title to "Budesliga 10/11 - Champions Borussia Dortmund" ;)

Great to see this European giant back to the big stage. I love this club. The stadium, the crowd, the city, immense. One of my favourite German clubs along Köln. A very well deserve title for Jürgen Klopp.

Watch out Thomas Tuchel. He seems a good coach transforming an average Mainz team into a CL contender. Very very good this new generation.

Re: Bundesliga Thread 2010/2011

Gotze is good but I'm not entirely convinced on him yet. Then again, poor kid is 18 and this IS his first season. :P

Kagawa was being linked to Man U a couple months ago and he seems even more talented in my opinion. He just went to Borussia this season as well though,can't see neither leaving this summer, maybe next if anything.

Yea Those are just speculation...as I dont see neither of them moving to another club this summer...theres just a good bond in this young team and it seem they all want to remain together and progress. They'l need some dept next year tough it they want to continue in that way.

Most interesting right now is Bayern's precarious situation. It was decided not to send Van Gaal flying prematurely, however: He will indeed leave the club at the end of the season. His days are literally numbered now, and I just can't wrap my head around how this team can possibly start working again under his direction. It makes no sense to me, especially if you consider what kind of person he is.
With an ego as big as his I'm truly at a loss for words right now how (and why) he would agree on such a deal. Does Van Gaal really think with a lot less authority and perspective he'll be able to save this season? What arguments will he come up with now if one of his weirdly assembled line-ups blows another big match? "What do I care, I'm gone in three months!"? - Or won't he experiment anymore? Degraded to a mere puppet of the higher-ups just to save reputation? Can't wait for the next match (vs. Hamburg) just to see the starting eleven.

In the end it'll all depend on whether the players show the right spirit or not. However, often enough have footballers used stuff like that as an excuse for their own shortcomings (not openly, but with a little reading between the lines ... you get the notion).

Football can be harsh on people. A mere two weeks ago everything seemed peachy for Bayern. Seven league wins in a row with lots and lots of goals scored and great game in Milan. Then Dortmund, Schalke, Hannover ...

Bayern in a difficult situation, Im guessing if they can beat inter this week it will boost their morale and confidence to make a run in the leagues and get that CL spot secured.

BVB are dropping too many points lately. If Bayer wins tomorraw then the difference will be -5. I wish Klopp & co hold on the title.

Another mistake by Kraft. Koan Neuer indeed!

I guess you misunderstood the "Koan Neuer" papers. The papers hold up by the said that they DO NOT want Bayern to buy Manuel Neuer, the papers DID NOT mean that Kraft is no new Kahn. ;)

Right now, Kraft made more mistakes than Rensing did during his time(which was too short, as he is a very good keeper, I am very happy, he is doing such a good job for the FC right now) and he is still in the goal. Bayern should definitely put Butt inside the goal for the last and important games and buy Neuer, as Kraft isn't that good everyone said and one good game(against Inter) is too less.

Another mistake by Kraft. Koan Neuer indeed!

hehe :D
I think Abou got it exactly right.

And - apart from that stunning victory over Hamburg - it turned out that the Van-Gaal-situation was just too much to handle after all. He's no longer our coach. Andries Jonker (LVG's right hand prior) taking over control for the remainder of the season now, though I kinda picture the higher ups giving quite a lot of input now, though never "officially" of course.
Third place HAS to be retained and held!

What you think bout relegations in this season ? In my opinion teams as Wolfsburg or Stuttgart can't relegate to 2. Bundesliga and without these teams Bundesliga will be weaker, although I hope so St. Pauli will stay, coz atmosphere during his match is great omitting last accident in match vs Schalke. ;)

In my opinion Gladbach are already relegated. Then there is one team to join them and one to go to play-offs. I think there are four teams worrying (St. Pauli, Wolfsburg, Stuttgart and Frankfurt). I think it will be Wolfsburg getting relegated and St. Pauli in play-offs, these two are the worst form teams in the 1. Bundesliga.

In 2. Bundesliga you already have Hertha almost certainly finishing in top 2. Probably Augsburg can join then and then maybe Bochum will make the playoffs. I was hoping Union or Cottbus could make it but they are too far behind.

In 3. Bundesliga it looks like Braunschweig and Hansa Rostock are already going to finish 1st and 2nd. Maybe Dynamo Dresden can make the playoffs!

Think it's all over now anyway, is there not just 4 games to go and they have a 8 point lead or something. Happy for Dortmund though as always liked them.

Not sure how good the Bundesliga teams actually are though, guess we'll see when Schalke go up against an average Man U team.

FD

Think it's all over now anyway, is there not just 4 games to go and they have a 8 point lead or something. Happy for Dortmund though as always liked them.

Not sure how good the Bundesliga teams actually are though, guess we'll see when Schalke go up against an average Man U team.

FD

Schalke has already more than proven itself in this international season. Man Utd are clearly favorites in both legs, too. All romantics aside, they should really qualify against the 10th of the Bundesliga. :/

BVB been dropping a lot of points recently though and with Nuri Sahin out for rest of season and so much goes through him, it might not be as easy as many think.... nonetheless yeah.. it's almost over... a good result this weekend could pretty much finish it anyway especially if Leverkusen don't get the result.

Klopp and Dortmund will probably clinch it and that's good for Bundesliga and rest of Europe. Dortmund back in CL among the best. Huge club. Amazing fanbase. Great kits! :D

BVB been dropping a lot of points recently though and with Nuri Sahin out for rest of season and so much goes through him, it might not be as easy as many think.... nonetheless yeah.. it's almost over... a good result this weekend could pretty much finish it anyway especially if Leverkusen don't get the result.

Klopp and Dortmund will probably clinch it and that's good for Bundesliga and rest of Europe. Dortmund back in CL among the best. Huge club. Amazing fanbase. Great kits! :D

Man, I hate kappa kits! :LOL:

For all it worth, I'm glad BVB is back. It's always good to see a giant coming back.

Back
Top Bottom