eFootball (All Platforms)

tenor.gif

I must say, speculating and looking forward to a new game on a potentially new engine is part of the fun but it is important to keep our expectations in check and more importantly remember that Konami aren't the same company that had a vision of proving the world wrong and depicting football in an immersive and realistic manner with consequential gameplay in the '90's & '00's and that both FIFA & PES have a priority of making their games accessible and addictive now rather than rational and rewarding.

So while I'm sure the new game will look very nice much like FIFA 21 does on the PS5, Just like an attractive woman, the novelty of looks wears off after the first few sleepovers and then you have to start taking them out to dinner and find out if they can hold a conversation.

I'm predicting many of the issues with a lack of midfield and a bias towards attacking and casually scoring goals while being betrayed by your own defence will be inherited over the next gen because that's the direction of contemporary gaming now - instant gratification to give players and incentive to keep playing their game, to invest more of their money on their experience.

I mean if I'm wrong and they do roll back the years to PS2 acclaim than I'll smear my keyboard in poo and eat it.

Can I have it also for veggie?

Bad german wurst 😑

edit: sorry if it came to a mistake. The bad german wurst is the one mickey hit and not @Tom .

I love you Tom! This is my, I don't know how many forum I visited, but you are the best admin I meet in my, soon, 37 years.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Tom
That's very kind 💗 Feel spanked by my love sausage! 🍆
If it makes you feel any better, you're in my top 14 as well.(There are a total of 14 mods if you didn't get the joke):BOP:

2022 doesn't look to be on schedule. How can someone fuck up this regularly? Seriously, who releases a data pack on the week of squad announcements? Couldn't they have waited for a week and then released it with updated NT squads?

Last edited:
I must say, speculating and looking forward to a new game on a potentially new engine is part of the fun but it is important to keep our expectations in check and more importantly remember that Konami aren't the same company that had a vision of proving the world wrong and depicting football in an immersive and realistic manner with consequential gameplay in the '90's & '00's and that both FIFA & PES have a priority of making their games accessible and addictive now rather than rational and rewarding.

So while I'm sure the new game will look very nice much like FIFA 21 does on the PS5, Just like an attractive woman, the novelty of looks wears off after the first few sleepovers and then you have to start taking them out to dinner and find out if they can hold a conversation.

I'm predicting many of the issues with a lack of midfield and a bias towards attacking and casually scoring goals while being betrayed by your own defence will be inherited over the next gen because that's the direction of contemporary gaming now - instant gratification to give players and incentive to keep playing their game, to invest more of their money on their experience.

I mean if I'm wrong and they do roll back the years to PS2 acclaim than I'll smear my keyboard in poo and eat

If it makes you feel any better, you're in my top 14 as well.:BOP:

2022 doesn't look to be on schedule. How can someone fuck up this regularly? Seriously, who releases a data pack on the week of squad announcements? Couldn't they have waited for a week and then released it with updated NT squads?

Attachments

• 104k49.jpg
    104k49.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 16
Seriously, who releases a data pack on the week of squad announcements? Couldn't they have waited for a week and then released it with updated NT squads?
They already announced they will release the updated squads after the group stage is over. It takes them 5 weeks to do that...

I mean if I'm wrong and they do roll back the years to PS2 acclaim than I'll smear my keyboard in poo and eat it.
You're right, but surely a new engine won't cure the problems you mention?

also @Siimjon
yeah, that would be so great, for a better presentation! i can only imagine whats possible here... :LOVE:
i wonder when first gameplay related information will be released!

edit: one of the above twitter messages is gone now!
Seems like really good news, at least some kind of a sign that they actually work on PES 2022. And if they really took 2K as a role model for PES 2022..:FISH:

That's kind of my point 🧐 🙂
Yes I know, my reply was badly phrased! :))

I totally agree with you, and my enthusiasm for a new engine has never been that great as I realised that it probably wouldn't cure most of the problems that people complain about.

Although flashier graphics are always a plus, I'm most hoping for an improved collision system that hopefully leads to realistic/proper fouls. That might be improved by a new engine.
If player awareness could also be improved, that would be two of my biggest bugbears sorted, but I'm not sure whether that can be improved by a new graphics engine.

I'd be interested to hear if anyone can shed any light on these issues.

Sadly I think that the instant gratification factor you speak of, sells more games than a realistic football simulation, and that's the deciding factor when all is said and done.:(

I would guess this guy was given permission to release this by KONAMI.

So this would be first news actually from KONAMI, sign "we are alive" in Morse code.
So if commentators get scanned, this could mean tv broadcasting presentation before the game or so, interesting

first of all... the stadium is quite never so full of people! i hope they will make it dependant on match importance...
Yes but I think you get my point, the atmosphere is only good at the Camp Nou, the other stadiums it's just boring and lifeless

Back
Top Bottom