eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we are spoiled these days to be honest.

I spent 10 years hammering PES 6 because I loved every single facet of it, despite the flaws. I resisted newer football games because I didn't believe the AI, unpredictability, physics, and fun could be topped. When I read through the list of complaints about newer games, they are usually centered around ping-pong passing, little first touch error, direct AI, long range goals, poor keepers etc.

Recently I went back to PES 5 and 6 and realised that I could level all of those complaints, and more, at those two classic titles. The passing assistance is at max, the shooting is auto and random, the perfect passing remains, the AI can be learned, and first time passing is almost error-free. But we continuously hold these games up as the pinnacle of football games when they simply aren't.

For all their faults, the newer games are more refined and complete than any of the older entries in my opinion.

I spent 10 years hammering PES 6 because I loved every single facet of it, despite the flaws. I resisted newer football games because I didn't believe the AI, unpredictability, physics, and fun could be topped. When I read through the list of complaints about newer games, they are usually centered around ping-pong passing, little first touch error, direct AI, long range goals, poor keepers etc.

Recently I went back to PES 5 and 6 and realised that I could level all of those complaints, and more, at those two classic titles. The passing assistance is at max, the shooting is auto and random, the perfect passing remains, the AI can be learned, and first time passing is almost error-free. But we continuously hold these games up as the pinnacle of football games when they simply aren't.

For all their faults, the newer games are more refined and complete than any of the older entries in my opinion.
It's not spoiled to expect a significantly better game 12 years and 2 console generations on. Of course they won't hold up as well now but relatively speaking they were revolutionary for their time, whereas the current game is far from that.

Blaming the consumer? Seriously?

How do I dislike a post? :DOH:

Not sure what game you went back to but in WE9LE that simply isn't the case. For example, check out the Ashley Cole pass after 5 seconds here:

Slow, bobbly, drastically reduces attack momentum. And that was standard issue, you certainly couldn't string multiple of them together.

giphy.gif

Bet Robben is pissed that he retired,this was his chance to look alright in a Pes game.
Yeah I was joking!
Great licence having BM onboard,but pretty useles in the long run having no proper German league!

Besides,it's a so fucking bad that stadiums can't stay when teams go,think signal iduna/Westfalen is a huge loss stadium wise.

Good news is that Old Trafford and Allianz Arena ( real one not Konami with red seats) will be in day release. No more 3 month waiting for new stadia. I’m waiting for Alianz Juve stadium partnership. Keepers animations still looks weird in promo Bayern video and these banners...

I think we are among the most over tolerant customers around gaming sagas, to be honest. I don't know how many other fanbases would stay so loyal to a game that is so lacking in so many facets from so many years.

By the way I'd take passing and shooting of Pes 5 over any modern Pes any day of the week.

Same actions/gameplay presented on that video again but with different team.. Why? And how? It looks decent, I love Allianz Arena as the stadium.

Was Lewandowski scanned as well? Or KONAMI will release his face updated in April/May time? ;)

This means the Stadium is exclusive to PES, Bayern is a platinum partner, Man United though is a premium I think..? Fifa players will be pissed once again Haha good to see, stadiums will be there at launch, lost one but got 3 new.

i have no clue, Nik.
my guts tell me it's exclusive. but its the same percentage as getting Messi in the other game when spending more than 500 pounds! ;) so...
we'll all see when the other games licenses are revealed.
As I said above, it's exclusive to PES, platinum partner would mean it. Same as Barca, Man United is premium I think..

3 exclusive stadia in Pes 2020: Allianz Bayern,Allianz Juve and Barca Nou Camp is HUGE licenses Konami deals. Its good beacause EA in this department smash Pes. Good for customers of course.

As I said above, it's exclusive to PES, platinum partner would mean it. Same as Barca, Man United is premium I think..
so platinum means all stuff exclusive to PES (kits, stadium, players) and premium means its all in PES (fully licensed) but other games can use it too (kits, stadium, players)?

so platinum means all stuff exclusive to PES (kits, stadium, players) and premium means its all in PES (fully licensed) but other games can use it too (kits, stadium, players)?

No, EA has the Bundesliga licence, so it also covers Bayern München for them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom