eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen enough footage of the full game and to be honest i don't even need much impressions.

The tactics are still fucking diabolical. So I'm very happy which how the game is and i'm satisfied that even just some common sensed tactics will bring the special game out.

How the hell are you going to get fouls in a game where one team drops deep like crazy with a 5-3-2 deep defensive line and passive midfield? Your not! fouls happen if the midfield are clustered together! But this requires teams to be setup properly.

Will PES universe Option file include tactics?

A great example of when a game should allow you to play whatever version(build)..But still allow you to be able to benefit from data packs and additions.Without forced gameplay patches.

People are definitely going to fall into two camps..Those that like the looser version 1.0 with increased first touch error.And those that want snappier control..

The good new is version 1.0 is as sharp as a button and doesn’t have the lag or response issues that the demo had..Clear optimisation has taken place and the bugs and glitches(inconsistencies are ironed out..The collision system is also more fine tuned).

Personally I prefer version 1.0..It’s the demo but with the smaller glitches and irritations fleshed out...

The developers true vision?..Well that’s always up for debate..Market forces and pleasing the common denominator always wins out..Isn’t it the way now..

Last edited:
@goalgerd @klashman69 should collab for an OF. Better stats and tactics would do wonders for this years ML.

thanks but looking over it you'd need to put in 100 hours plus of editing to get the gameplay working to a simulation level, sadly i don't have that sort of time or motivation anymore especially with konami updates resetting everything every 6 weeks, thats why ive gone to the darkside with fifa the last few years, sliders can be setup and fully tested in 2/3 hours meaning you can spend more time playing the game instead of becoming a data inputter for 2/3 months

This may be a hopelessly naive question but...is there any chance of having an option file that works with the 1.00 version of the game?

This may be a hopelessly naive question but...is there any chance of having an option file that works with the 1.00 version of the game?
Probably not, unless you do it yourself (you can still use PES Universe/PES World etc kits but you'd have to import everything manually).

I didnt expect commentary to have much improvement tbh this year, i play with it off anyway, it's too repetitive.
The general presentation, content (or lack of) etc is still extremely poor for a game in 2019. I'm already close to turning all of the sound off and just using Spotify whilst I play like I did with PES 2019.

And the licenses. Again, they've not done anything with them. You've got all of these leagues but nothing going on. I can select a licensed team from the French or Dutch league and they'll be playing at the same stadia 90% of the time.

The gameplay is very good this year but again as a final product it's severly lacking. You'll see the other game come out in a few weeks with the official matchday presentation, tonnes of stadia and even the generic (fake) stadiums look good. PES needs more atmosphere, more OOMPH.

The general presentation, content (or lack of) etc is still extremely poor for a game in 2019. I'm already close to turning all of the sound off and just using Spotify whilst I play like I did with PES 2019.

And the licenses. Again, they've not done anything with them. You've got all of these leagues but nothing going on. I can select a licensed team from the French or Dutch league and they'll be playing at the same stadia 90% of the time.

The gameplay is very good this year but again as a final product it's severly lacking. You'll see the other game come out in a few weeks with the official matchday presentation, tonnes of stadia and even the generic (fake) stadiums look good. PES needs more atmosphere, more OOMPH.

Agreed. Good OF and new DLC a little bit change it in good way but still not enough.

For guys with the full game:
Those patches you have/can install is it 1.01 and 1.01.01?
And if so, those are the final ones right? Meaning there'll be no further updates on tuesday?

4 x 12 minute games just played and not one single foul!!! 8 games played in total and not 1 free kick near the box.....same shit different year ‍♂️

Hi all,

New to the forum and have had the pleasure of playing PES 2020 for about an hour or so (pre-patch).

I have been playing PES for 14 years and I have to say this year I am absolutely delighted, for me the game is brilliant.

The ball physics and how ‘free’ the ball feels is just beautiful. There are negatives but the positives far outweigh. Would I like better presentation/commentary of course but fifa (and I played that for a few years) does not touch what this game creates.

We’ve had to wait year upon year of crap and finally we have a game where the hours get lost again.

I complained about the number of fouls (to nobody other than this forum) because of the way the fouls were won.

I'm none of the things you describe in your embarrassing assessment of how you think other players play.

This is on Konami. I said it yesterday on here that they took a shortcut in the way they implemented more fouls rather than actually doing it properly. They never actually improved fouls, they just tweaked the contact = fouls count without adding any context to the game of what is and isn't a foul.

Just because we had more fouls doesn't mean that was acceptable by default. I'd rather have more fouls than no fouls but we shouldn't have to choose between two bad options, Konami should properly code their game to recognise fouls correctly.

But by all means, you continue your mardy name calling. :WHISTLE:

Well said and I agree 100%. Of course I much rather have fouls like in the demo than none like in the retail patched version. But the foul system was broken, not implemented correctly. Like you said, they took the easy way out and decided that most contact = foul. I can't believe I have to go back to FIFA 16 for a proper foul system. Where did it all go wrong with both games? Who would've thought such a basic and crucial area of football like fouls, would be ignored. Unbelievable

Stopped playing FIFA 19 in part due to the lack of fouls so if they're not in the updated version will be a big deal.

They was already toned down when the PC version got updated to a level which was just about acceptable. None at all though is a piss take.

I'm not on Twitter but can some sort off fuss get made?

Why did everyone complain where there was too much fouls now people are complaining there are no fouls, jesus, Konami just cant win, You dont just get fouls out of nowhere, you need to initiate it through sharp dribbling etc. Just play the game and be happy

Stopped playing FIFA 19 in part due to the lack of fouls so if they're not in the updated version will be a big deal.

They was already toned down when the PC version got updated to a level which was just about acceptable. None at all though is a piss take.

I'm not on Twitter but can some sort off fuss get made?
There are fouls. Just not as many as the demo.

Why did everyone complain where there was too much fouls now people are complaining there are no fouls, jesus, Konami just cant win, You dont just get fouls out of nowhere, you need to initiate it through sharp dribbling etc. Just play the game and be happy

I think you're being harsh. People have a right to get annoyed - many of us loved the amount of fouls in the demo.

"Just play the game and be happy" is a bit authoritarian don't you think?

Probably not, unless you do it yourself (you can still use PES Universe/PES World etc kits but you'd have to import everything manually).

I see. So I'd have to click on each kit in turn to upload it, rather than the import all option we use atm?

There are fouls. Just not as many as the demo.

I think you're being harsh. People have a right to get annoyed - many of us loved the amount of fouls in the demo.

"Just play the game and be happy" is a bit authoritarian don't you think?
Of course people do have the right but some people are just permanently angry at the game lol

Ok. Another question.
Tell me this - can you still see stuff like this post patch?
Can you wrestle a guy down?
Can you shoulder people to the ground?
Do you see players falling?

Or do they just trip, like this:
download.gif

I dont need fouls but I need them fuckers on the ground.

Fouls aren’t ‘out’. I had 6 against me playing as Manchester United against Arsenal. It was on top player for 12 minutes.

I think fouls also depend how you play. I draw the AI in before moving the ball and subsequently receive a few fouls (granted there aren’t a huge amount in the game).

fouls being removed AGAIN is a big, enormous deal to me. fouls are a fundamental part of the game and HAVE to be there to have consequences for defending too recklessly. I am very, very disappointed that they seem to be out.

Shit, i am now playing pes 5. They had fouls all over them. When you dribble and they tackle, you can get fouls. Yellow cards, red cards as well. But i saw vids of pes 2019 with no fouls at all, pes 2020 no foul. Are they lunitic?

Shit, i am now playing pes 5. They had fouls all over them. When you dribble and they tackle, you can get fouls. Yellow cards, red cards as well. But i saw vids of pes 2019 with no fouls at all, pes 2020 no foul. Are they lunitic?
everything for that continous, zombie-myclub-flow. all interruptions in game "flow" are not allowed in order to please the online crowd, hence no fouls. Pes 2019 had a solid amount of fouls in the beginning but these were gradually patched out.

I still don't understand why they just don't give us a foul slider. Online crowd happy, offline crowd happy. Couldn't be simpler.

fouls being removed AGAIN is a big, enormous deal to me. fouls are a fundamental part of the game and HAVE to be there to have consequences for defending too recklessly. I am very, very disappointed that they seem to be out.

Blame it on the footy snowflakes. PES 5 had similar system yet, its one of the best PES ever. 2020 tried to punish pressure spammers by bringing in fouls (for eg. pressure from behind earned you fouls) but ''fans'' took it to the twitter to provide feedback on that because they had to try harder to win back the ball. I know the refs needed improvement but not to an extent where they reward casuals and impatient gamers so they can have it easy.

Without fouls there's no art to defending, no risk or reward for being good/bad/reckless etc.

Having two different companies remove a fundamental part of football from the game is disgraceful. They might as well get rid of offsides while they're at it then.

everything for that continous, zombie-myclub-flow. all interruptions in game "flow" are not allowed in order to please the online crowd, hence no fouls. Pes 2019 had a solid amount of fouls in the beginning but these were gradually patched out.

I still don't understand why they just don't give us a foul slider. Online crowd happy, offline crowd happy. Couldn't be simpler.

Its the fifa fans who wanted this. Konami thinks they can get that people and listen to them. Its all about the money.
I have withdraw my pre order already. First of all i want to see reviews when the game is out the 10th.

Without fouls there's no art to defending, no risk or reward for being good/bad/reckless etc.

Having two different companies remove a fundamental part of football from the game is disgraceful. They might as well get rid of offsides while they're at it then.

especially with pes where the defending is already pretty easy, i.e. just hold one button. the demo also brought R2 jockey much more into play, because you had to get the timing right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom