eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's it!! That's what I was struggling to communicate. It's what takes the life out of it a bit.

Thankfully unpatched has come to the rescue. Its keeps all that.
And because ball has more inertia and momentum it keeps the game feeling free, gives it that wonderful feeling of being a little bit out of control that pes 5 had, but pes 6 didnt...
Just had a game pre patch -1 speed, brilliant. Weight & inertia back to demo standard. I'll be stuck playing without & option file all year unless something improves Tuesday, dammit.

Still plenty of variety though pre patch.
Just had a game pre patch -1 speed, brilliant. Weight & inertia back to demo standard. I'll be stuck playing without & option file all year unless something improves Tuesday, dammit.

Glad it's not just me...

Also, got spanked pre patch by Celtic as rangers. AI can still do damage and is just as good in defence from small sample so far...

Keen to hear more about regens!

If it is as before, bump:

I figured regens would still be a thing. Though I'm personally excited to do this workaround and maybe edit faces if the players look way to old haha. It'll be easy to revert back to original names and edits as well since you could just load up a copy of your edit data prior to editing it.

So once again the Colombian league is in the game but not mentioned on the website under licences. Do Konami not know it's in there which is why they don't promote it or something? :LOL:

@Goldstone @FShas - you are scaring me there, lads..
Might end up getting physical version, installing first option file that comes out and leaving it as it is.

To me - randomness, ball unpredictability, physicality, collisions - these are all key things and what made this demo so great..

From what I see all of those were somewhat toned down, which along with every next patch might be gone altogether..
I dont want another Pes19, even if AI is sorted out..

So once again the Colombian league is in the game but not mentioned on the website under licences. Do Konami not know it's in there which is why they don't promote it or something? :LOL:
It's definitely a bit weird. Liga Aguila is in FIFA so maybe there's something where they can have the licence too but can't advertise it?

I
@Goldstone @FShas - you are scaring me there, lads..
Might end up getting physical version, installing first option file that comes out and leaving it as it is.

To me - randomness, ball unpredictability, physicality, collisions - these are all key things and what made this demo so great..

From what I see all of those were somewhat toned down, which along with every next patch might be gone altogether..
I dont want another Pes19, even if AI is sorted out..

Its a good game either way, honestly.
I just prefer pre patch.
We're safe though. They havent abandoned their vision, just distorted it a little with their first patch...

The question would be which mid night it is? for Australia, Europe or USA?
Never thought of that,you're absolutely right,I took it for granted that it was my Midnight?
Maybe it's midnight where ever you live?

I preorder Pes 18,and I'm sure I started it midnight CET.
Good question though!

El Classico. Slow considered pace. Game contracts and expands all the time.

Manchester derby. Fast, frenetic, game shape is more constant.

Fantastic.

It feels to me as if the game has just been refined which makes it feel less free. It's still very similar to the demo and I don't have any issue with fouls. They were broken in the demo, with clean tackles being punished. That happens less now although not totally eradicated but I still get fouled by the CPU.

CPU AI feel more aggressive to me, went 0-2 against arsenal in my first game after 16 mins, punished badly for taking too long.

Really enjoying what I've played but very early days. Will play more tonight and feedback after and extended session

You were called an elitist, by me by the way, for calling people noobs because they don't share your opinion.

You're still acting the same so you're still labelled as such.

Lol I don’t give a damn what you think. People that cried about less fouls because they didn’t want to learn how to defend properly or wanted a faster ping pong game with less errors and higher passbook accuracy that use PA3 are indeed noobs. Sorry I don’t sugar coat things. These people are the ones that Konami cater to and they DO ruin the game. Same crap every year.

So let me get this clear.. to resume what I'm reading from the last pages..

They toned down physicality, the ball feels less free, they (of fucking course, who would have said?) butchered down fouls and even inertia is dumbed down?

Jesus Christ.. reading you guys is a massacre..

I don't think physicality has been toned down, just less fouls given when players come together which is good imo.

Anyone ordered from CDKeys.com? have anyone received the steam key already?
I did last year, but forgot when did I actually receive the key from them. I hope they'll not take too long

Lol I don’t give a damn what you think. People that cried about less fouls because they didn’t want to learn how to defend properly or wanted a faster ping pong game with less errors and higher passbook accuracy that use PA3 are indeed noobs. Sorry I don’t sugar coat things. These people are the ones that Konami cater to and they DO ruin the game. Same crap every year.
"Noobs"? Are you 12 years old?

It feels to me as if the game has just been refined which makes it feel less free. It's still very similar to the demo and I don't have any issue with fouls. They were broken in the demo, with clean tackles being punished. That happens less now although not totally eradicated but I still get fouled by the CPU.

CPU AI feel more aggressive to me, went 0-2 against arsenal in my first game after 16 mins, punished badly for taking too long.

Really enjoying what I've played but very early days. Will play more tonight and feedback after and extended session

This is where I am. I love how challenging it is plus the physicality is still there. Just played a match v Man City and they fouled me 4 times, all over the pitch too not just around their penalty area.

So it's extremely random, like in real football I suppose.

this was a fear for me, that the fouls will be toned down massively, Konami need to patch it again and increase the number of fouls again, it's gone from too strict to far too lenient, they need to find a balance :/

I complained about the number of fouls (to nobody other than this forum) because of the way the fouls were won.

I'm none of the things you describe in your embarrassing assessment of how you think other players play.

This is on Konami. I said it yesterday on here that they took a shortcut in the way they implemented more fouls rather than actually doing it properly. They never actually improved fouls, they just tweaked the contact = fouls count without adding any context to the game of what is and isn't a foul.

Just because we had more fouls doesn't mean that was acceptable by default. I'd rather have more fouls than no fouls but we shouldn't have to choose between two bad options, Konami should properly code their game to recognise fouls correctly.

But by all means, you continue your mardy name calling. :WHISTLE:

this was a fear for me, that the fouls will be toned down massively, Konami need to patch it again and increase the number of fouls again, it's gone from too strict to far too lenient, they need to find a balance :/

Unfortunately, they won’t. Hell, the people they call “pros” use pass assist 3! And I saw some of them on twitter complaining about the demo. Those are the people they will cater to.

I complained about the number of fouls (to nobody other than this forum) because of the way the fouls were won.

I'm none of the things you describe in your embarrassing assessment of how you think other players play.

This is on Konami. I said it yesterday on here that they took a shortcut in the way they implemented more fouls rather than actually doing it properly. They never actually improved fouls, they just tweaked the contact = fouls count without adding any context to the game of what is and isn't a foul.

Just because we had more fouls doesn't mean that was acceptable by default. I'd rather have more fouls than no fouls but we shouldn't have to choose, Konami should properly code their game to recognise fouls correctly.

But by all means, you continue your mardy name calling. :WHISTLE:

Apparently I’m making shit up lol. Okay. I’m done. I will just watch people complain all year as usual.

Honestly, if I was a forum mod, I would ask (and hide) pre-official release impressions altogether, give 2 days (post official release) and then release the impression barrage.
I think we all here are just confusing each others unnecessarily, and potentially lead each other because of how each one is seeing things in their perspective, one says demo was better, one says ball now is less inflated, another said oh no stadiums look dirty, the other poster is moaning about they don't know how to play, the other will say this patch is nicer, etc of that non-sense.
The ONLY valid impression is the one YOU make when you play the game.
I understand there are chepos who want to save 30-40 dollars on 1 game (lunch cost for 1 to 2 people), more unfortunate...

And .... no... it doesn't work if you ask not to read these impressions. When they are there everyone will just read..

My 2 cents.

Honestly, if I was a forum mod, I would ask (and hide) pre-official release impressions altogether, give 2 days (post official release) and then release the impression barrage.
I think we all here are just confusing each others unnecessarily, and potentially lead each other because of how each one is seeing things in their perspective, one says demo was better, one says ball now is less inflated, another said oh no stadiums look dirty, the other poster is moaning about they don't know how to play, the other will say this patch is nicer, etc of that non-sense.
The ONLY valid impression is the one YOU make when you play the game

And .... no... it doesn't work if you ask not to read these impressions. When they are there everyone will just read..

My 2 cents.
Even though I've given my impressions today I actually agree with this. Early, pre-release impressions/feedback create hysteria. The game feels very similiar to the demo to me (apart from lack of fouls) but others are seeing other things which is generating confusion I think.

You seem like an angry fellow. How about taking some time away from the internet for a while?

I’m actually on a beach in Florida and won’t get my hands on the full game till Tuesday. Currently passing time on the forums whilst grilling. Trust me, I’m not angry lmao.

We are all (I think) adults. If somebody panics to the point of resorting to insults or to over the line behaviour because he read something he doesn't like it's on him, not certainly on who posts his opinion on good will. Would be a certain loss to me to deprive all people of the previews of who already own the game because of these few.

Also my two cents, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom