eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rock how do you plan to get it in Sweden ? MediaMarkt ?
Thought about it brother.
But I'm lazy so I'll go digital,even though they don't have any 2nd hand value ,I know I won't sell it anyway.
Looked around and the difference between disc and digital is really small (cheapest 550:-)
Plus I have like 50-60 games in a drawer collecting dust,prefer digital nowadays
I think GameStop has it for 699,while my digital copy on Xbox is 599.
You,where you getting yours?

Last edited:
You lucky guy.

I cannot leave in September... But luckily enough I'll probably be working 6 AM to 2 PM for three weeks starting from next Monday (instead of the usual 8:30 - 5:30 schedule I usually follow, which would leave me with less time to enjoy the game) so it means that I'll probably have all the afternoons for me (missus ain't home in the afternoon).

Almost perfect timing.

It started off as a joke initially but I have a barrel load of leave to take. Why not!

Some turn around you have had Mikhail the past couple of weeks.:TU:
Like I said earlier today somewhere, PES is a grower this year. It takes time and effort to get to grips with, for me anyway.

Visually the game sucks though. I really don’t like the colour schemes or shadow effects this year, they’ve gone backwards in this department.

Like I said earlier today somewhere, PES is a grower this year. It takes time and effort to get to grips with, for me anyway.

Visually the game sucks though. I really don’t like the colour schemes or shadow effects this year, they’ve gone backwards in this department.
Any chance you could post a screenshot of Ibrox, Hope it has green grass and not a weird colour!

39xmew.jpg

Thought about it brother.
But I'm lazy so I'll go digital,even though they don't have any 2nd hand value ,I know I won't sell it anyway.
Looked around and the difference between disc and digital is really small (cheapest 550:-)
Plus I have like 50-60 games in a drawer collecting dust,prefer digital nowadays
I think GameStop has it for 699,while my digital copy on Xbox is 599.
You,where you getting yours?
I'll probably get it in mediamarkt or elgiganten. Gamestop is strick nono as their prices are way too inflated, unless you are in their trade in game. Elg usually have cheaper on release days. I usually sell footy games unless they shape up to be a classic. Their value go down real fast in short time. There are always people buying fifa for at least 150 sek late in the cycle so you can always fund for the next iteration.

Very pleased to report version 1.0 is exactly the same as the demo albeit no slowdown on replays or frame rate dips..

Had a quick England vs Bulgaria and had my arse handed to me on superstar(partly because I was in awe...and partly my relief/excitement..)..

Uploading now and will shortly put up the link..

It’s a good day peeps!..Especially if you loved the demo code..I’m going to update though and if I don’t like the changes I will revert back.

Very pleased I picked this up now..
If you install patch 1.0.1 please let us know your impression compared to 1.0.0 and to demo. Thanks

Right, gents. I know there's less fouls, yet somehow you are not burning villages about it.
So lemme ask yall a question - do we still have this lovely physicality there?

I did say before on pes17 thread that its not really about the amount of fouls. I did have zero fouls games on 17. Its more about physicality. If you see player clashes, pushing, shoving and flying around - you wont miss fouls as a number. But we need to see that hitting someone has an impact.
Is it still there like in the demo?

I'll probably get it in mediamarkt or elgiganten. Gamestop is strick nono as their prices are way too inflated, unless you are in their trade in game. Elg usually have cheaper on release days. I usually sell footy games unless they shape up to be a classic. Their value go down real fast in short time. There are always people buying fifa for at least 150 sek late in the cycle so you can always fund for the next iteration.
Got it for 199:- last year at elg, release weekend.
Yeah you can always sell it (especially FIFA) for a decent price 5-6 months later.
Even though it's about to change,saw that both FIFA and Pes went really cheap digitally around Dec.
Not buying anything at GameStop either,way too pricey.
I have a 2 year game pass and EA acces on Xbox so the only games I'm buying nowadays is Pes and new FIFA (even though they end up there around march/April anyway)
Kinda sucks waiting for it when half the dudes in here has it right?

OK lads

Got the game yesterday on PS4 and played half a season on ML, tried most of the game modes and different difficulties PA settings. Here are my impressions so far:

+ AI is better, No GLARING patterns so far and they score varied goals with different types of shots, Probably they didn't upload the scripting yet lol

+ The new stadium Camera is fantastic but needs patching as it sometimes doesn't follow the ball

+ Free kicks are more difficult to score and the AI takes good ones and doesn't score everyone

+ The speed of the game is slower than 2019, It's the best representation of a realistic football game I've ever seen

+ Even on higher difficulties, The ball gets loose sometimes and there is good freedom and pass errors

+ The off balance mis-shots are really good and this year the balance of the player seems to matter

+ ML is very immersive and the cut scenes are very nice actually, It seems they added a transfer frequency option to avoid exposing any market issues also THE REGENS HAVE BEEN FIXED, They're not retired players anymore!!!!!!

now the negatives:

- Fouls have disappeared completely, You will get booked for every challenge you make but the AI won't foul you at all.

- Penalties, Injuries sadly don't exist so you can go through a ML season with 13 players

- Stumbling animation, Ridiculous floaty GKs still exist and look very silly

- GKs still stuck to their lines as the AI def line retreats to the six yard box, Not fixed yet.

- Replay camera is still very limited so you can't enjoy any highlight properly unfortunately

- The atmosphere and commentary are a joke really, The way the fans cheer a goal is something off a sega game

- AI is probably gonna get butchered with a couple of patches in and they will revert back to the soulless football to get us to play myclub, But by then I'll move to PC and join the patchers and modders :)

Overall I think this game is the foundation of something great and a step in the right direction finally.

Right, gents. I know there's less fouls, yet somehow you are not burning villages about it.

I did say before on pes17 thread that its not really about the amount of fouls. I did have zero fouls games on 17. Its more about physicality. If you see player clashes, pushing, shoving and flying around - you wont miss fouls as a number. But we need to see that hitting someone has an impact.

I've only played 3 and a half games so maybe don't read too much into this but players feel a little more solid to me, just running in to someone won't disrupt them like it does in the demo. Physicality doesn't feel as 'free' (or 'bespoke', can't think of a good way to put it) which is a shame but it's not gone, it's just toned down a bit. I've gone back to playing fixed cursor (barely touched the ball in the 5 min demo so didn't bother) and having 2 teams of AI on the pitch (minus myself running around like a headless chicken) I'm seeing lots of misplaced passes which is great, although perhaps a few too many from the CBs leading my team to score a couple of easy goals, playing on top-player currently. Also, in a friendly against Chelsea I saw some less direct play, nice passing around in defence and midfield. Also, was under some good pressure where my team was camped in the box and they were keeping possession and probing in the last third, playing little balls in and out of the central attackers and playing balls out to the wing and then back inside.

No wins in 6 games in Master League, my midfield getting over run every game so I switch Dybala out wide and bring Van De Beek in off the bench as my number 10.

10 minutes into the next game, I do this. Absoultey loving this game so far.

Nice goal. But what was your starting budget? Don't like to see that you have got Van Den Beek, Dybala, Belotti, Savic, A. Christensen etc..........

Nice goal. But what was your starting budget? Don't like to see that you have got Van Den Beek, Dybala, Belotti, Savic, A. Christensen etc..........

I chose a 'Fairly Large' budget so it was £500m. I intend on starting a new ML when the update drops so this is just a throw away save to pass the time.

I tested with a 'Large' budget and it was £2 billion, so I imagine a 'Normal' budget will be somewhat realistic gven the difference between large and fairly large, so don't worry too much.

Physicality no different from the demo!..Version 1.0

OK lads

Got the game yesterday on PS4 and played half a season on ML, tried most of the game modes and different difficulties PA settings. Here are my impressions so far:

+ AI is better, No GLARING patterns so far and they score varied goals with different types of shots, Probably they didn't upload the scripting yet lol

+ The new stadium Camera is fantastic but needs patching as it sometimes doesn't follow the ball

+ Free kicks are more difficult to score and the AI takes good ones and doesn't score everyone

+ The speed of the game is slower than 2019, It's the best representation of a realistic football game I've ever seen

+ Even on higher difficulties, The ball gets loose sometimes and there is good freedom and pass errors

+ The off balance mis-shots are really good and this year the balance of the player seems to matter

+ ML is very immersive and the cut scenes are very nice actually, It seems they added a transfer frequency option to avoid exposing any market issues also THE REGENS HAVE BEEN FIXED, They're not retired players anymore!!!!!!

now the negatives:

- Fouls have disappeared completely, You will get booked for every challenge you make but the AI won't foul you at all.

- Penalties, Injuries sadly don't exist so you can go through a ML season with 13 players

- Stumbling animation, Ridiculous floaty GKs still exist and look very silly

- GKs still stuck to their lines as the AI def line retreats to the six yard box, Not fixed yet.

- Replay camera is still very limited so you can't enjoy any highlight properly unfortunately

- The atmosphere and commentary are a joke really, The way the fans cheer a goal is something off a sega game

- AI is probably gonna get butchered with a couple of patches in and they will revert back to the soulless football to get us to play myclub, But by then I'll move to PC and join the patchers and modders :)

Overall I think this game is the foundation of something great and a step in the right direction finally.
Do you have a physical copy with vanilla 1.00 game or do you have the 1.0.1 update?

THE REGENS HAVE BEEN FIXED, They're not retired players anymore!!!!!!

Whaaaaat????

Are you sure you're not looking at the usual fake youth team players?

I've seen screenshots to say otherwise. After your first full season, you will see the same usual suspects. Jagielka, Baines, Crouch, etc.

Immediate impressions having played identical matches pre and post patch

Pre patch the game is a bit quicker and twitchier. However, it feels super loose and almost wild. Like anything can happen at any point. The ball is bigger and feels more like great fifa 16 ball physics.

Download the patch.

Immediately feels lower and heavier. However, also feels more rigid and on rails. Feels like ball has too much gravity. Feels less like the demo to me. It may be similar in speed but is less free.

Ai for.barca much better post patch.

Initial thoughts (reserving the right to change my mind) that the pre patch is better but neither is as good as the demo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom