eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only had two games but its a great game. Gonna play some more. Agree with the above post that its feels heavier though.

Version 1.0 is just the demo code optimised..

I figured they would tweak and the patch would change the feel..Slightly..Some may well prefer it.

I’m staying vanilla with this one..

Commentary turned off(it’s pants and out of sync)..

Just happy that lovely demo code remains out of the box...I think they knew this hence why that’s retained for the hardcore and base code.(Those with a physical copy).

I can only imagine further updates will just further water down the core experience..

Last edited:
Immediate impressions having played identical matches pre and post patch

Pre patch the game is a bit quicker and twitchier. However, it feels super loose and almost wild. Like anything can happen at any point. The ball is bigger and feels more like great fifa 16 ball physics.

Download the patch.

Immediately feels lower and heavier. However, also feels more rigid and on rails. Feels like ball has too much gravity. Feels less like the demo to me. It may be similar in speed but is less free.

Ai for.barca much better post patch.

Initial thoughts (reserving the right to change my mind) that the pre patch is better but neither is as good as the demo.

That is a huge bummer to hear. What i loved about the Demo was exactely this unpredictability of the ball...pes 19 was set on rails and i hated it so much.

Can anyone else share their opinion on how loose/unpredictable the ball moves?

More I play patched, more my heart sinks a little.
It feels a bit dead, more like pes 19, which I never felt with demo or pre patch. I think its pre patch for me.

I just player boca river with identical settings to the demo ( a match I've played 50 odd times in the last few weeks and loved). And I felt bored.
I'm going back to demo now for a direct comparison. Will report back soon...

I've jut had a quick try not even a full half but immediately it's a lot weightier. I was England v Brazil top player PA 1 adv shooting. Had two fouls after 10 mins on clock. Went 1 nil down after 12 mins. AI is good ball doesn't feel as loose as demo. Could be PA 1 changes

Just done a tournament... is still there still no way to see what the scores are in other games? I had no idea whether I needed to go all out to win the game, or whether a draw would be enough...

Ok, so having done a quick swap between demo and patched version...

Yes, ball is heavier and less free on patched. But also, players move at sharper angles post patch which is obvious now I just did a right stick turn with pavon. Its was a super sharp twitch without the slower interlocking animations of the demo. I guess this is what konami meant when they said they'd improved r stick.

It's all fairly subtle and I dont think the game is in any way ruined. It's just my preference for the softer, freer more considered movement of the demo that I miss with the patch.

A lot is better with the patch. Own team AI is better, game shape is better and AI is way better, deadly yet realistic.

Will be a case of picking your poison I think...

for those who are posting impressions:

Add an arguement please when you say the ball it's less free/less loose.
it's less free in passes? in bounces? when a player carry it?

Because, this are the three stages to analyze ball freedom and everyone of it has his own reason.

In passing, its due to pass assitance and error.
In bounces, the reason could be because there're less physics interactions or due to better ball awareness by part of AI.
In ball carring, its due to ball more glued on dribbling or tackling.

So, explain it please.

Ok, so having done a quick swap between demo and patched version...

Yes, ball is heavier and less free on patched. But also, players move at sharper angles post patch which is obvious now I just did a right stick turn with pavon. Its was a super sharp twitch without the slower interlocking animations of the demo. I guess this is what konami meant when they said they'd improved r stick.

It's all fairly subtle and I dont think the game is in any way ruined. It's just my preference for the softer, freer more considered movement of the demo that I miss with the patch.

A lot is better with the patch. Own team AI is better, game shape is better and AI is way better, deadly yet realistic.

Will be a case of picking your poison I think...

If the ball is set on rails again it‘s not subtle at all for me personally :(

Game arrived this morning. Played 8 matches in South American Cup on Top Player with River Plate. Game speed is not faster than the demo. Nice and weighty. Lots more build up play from the ai now and they make mistakes. Game play is excellent and crafted some excellent passages of play on manual passing. Love the randomness and ball is free causing unpredictability. Goalkeepers so much better than 2019.

Only negatives are lack of fouls committed by ai. Had a lot of games where I've not been fouled at all. Not been fouled more than once in a game yet which is disappointing. I've given away less fouls compared to the demo, although does mean no more free kicks being given for fouls that weren't fouls like the demo had.

Also concerned about the ai and direct free kicks. They've scored 2 out of 3 free kicks from just outside the box. Hope it's not going to be a case that they score most of them.

Overall though huge improvement on 2019 and can't wait for squad update so I can start ML!

Few more games and I'm feeling a difference. It seems they've removed some of the lovely, slower animations from the demo when recieving the ball & turning. Players now receive the ball with this awkward looking skip & Knock on which makes it feel less weighty & pronounced. Pace of play is still the same but animation frames have been removed to speed up responsiveness. Less inertia on the ball which I'm not a fan of. A step backwards IMO, some of the weight & momentum has gone.

Few more games and I'm feeling a difference. It seems they've removed some of the lovely, slower animations from the demo when recieving the ball & turning. Players now receive the ball with this awkward looking skip & Knock on which makes it feel less weighty & pronounced. Pace of play is still the same but animation frames have been removed to speed up responsiveness. Less inertia on the ball which I'm not a fan of. A step backwards IMO, some of the weight & momentum has gone.

I thought that too.
But my experience is that unpatched game leaves those things from demo in tact.

And crucially, it keeps that beautiful tempo and rhythm of the demo.

I thought that too.
But my experience is that unpatched game leaves those things from demo in tact.

And crucially, it keeps that beautiful tempo and rhythm of the demo.
Players turn & receive the ball too fast now, that element of getting the ball under control for a second or two has vanished. Ball seems a bit magnetised to the foot now with fast turning:II

Gonna try the game pre patch now.

Players turn & receive the ball too fast now, that element of getting the ball under control for a second or two has vanished. Ball seems a bit magnetised to the foot now with fast turning:II

That's it!! That's what I was struggling to communicate. It's what takes the life out of it a bit.

Thankfully unpatched has come to the rescue. Its keeps all that.
And because ball has more inertia and momentum it keeps the game feeling free, gives it that wonderful feeling of being a little bit out of control that pes 5 had, but pes 6 didnt...

That's it!! That's what I was struggling to communicate. It's what takes the life out of it a bit.

Thankfully unpatched has come to the rescue. Its keeps all that.
And because ball has more inertia and momentum it keeps the game feeling free, gives it that wonderful feeling of being a little bit out of control that pes 5 had, but pes 6 didnt...

How about the AI? Would you say there are significant differences between prepatched and patched ?

Played a couple of games now, 1 pre and 1 post 1.02.

Pre patch - 7 fouls to me and 5 to the cpu, game felt great, measured and perfect pace. Superstar AI felt too easy

Post patch - 0 fouls to me 0 fouls to the cpu. Game felt frenetic, end to end and not as enjoyable. Superstar AI was far more challenging. A small sample size admittedly but not a great start!

Is there any way to play with updated data (teams, player transfers etc.) but with the original gameplay on PS4. Or will that only be possible on PC does anyone know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom