eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sat here reading these posts and cursing the Royal Mail sell off. Ever since they sold it off my Royal Mail delivery has always been at like 3 in the afternoon, nightmare for days like this where I'm waiting to see if my copy from Shopto will arrive today. :LOL:

Finger crossed that I will get it today since other Shopto pre orders are reporting they've got their copy.

If you progressed with transfer window on, check the "transfer market news".
Are there still crazy transfers like a Scottish 34 years old player moving to a Brazilian club? Or the British clubs outselling players?
To be honest, I've gone back to play exhibition matches because I don't want to 'spoil' Master League until I've got the transfer update and option file installed.

I dipped in and liked what I saw. I don't like that we can't create a manager but the custom ones are pretty cool and we CAN name them. We can also dress them in suit, tracksuit and shirt & tie (they've copied FIFA on this.)

You can customise everything from the start screen now. I love that. I'll probably leave everything on normal but turn first summer window transfers OFF for realism.

In my game though players like Lukaku are still at Man Utd and I don't want to play ML until this is sorted.

Oh yeah and small details but I loved seeing my club crest on training tops and mugs on desks etc!

Playing PA1, Top Player, Manual Shooting, Champion's League as Liverpool.

There is great variation on tactics for each team and the player individuality makes controlling Mane or Robertson a dream.

Matip and Virgil feel so different despite their similar physiques.

Back to tactics, just had Leverkusen away, they attacked, played it around, out passed me, next fixture was at home against them and they're playing direct, on the counter and hardly stringing two passes together.

Loving it so far, my biggest gripe is that I can't get the contrast/brightness right so the overall look is a bit off.

Hoping a decent OF will help with that to a certain degree.

Oh, random EDIT Mode observation: you can pick from (I think) 6 different pitch markings for each team, and can also change the colour of the area around the pitch.

[drafts two-week annual leave request]
You lucky guy.

I cannot leave in September... But luckily enough I'll probably be working 6 AM to 2 PM for three weeks starting from next Monday (instead of the usual 8:30 - 5:30 schedule I usually follow, which would leave me with less time to enjoy the game) so it means that I'll probably have all the afternoons for me (missus ain't home in the afternoon).

Almost perfect timing.

Maybe it's just me. But It's the commentary!
the added commentary is making the game seem faster.Watch it on mute, the speed looked exactly like the demo...

I usually never play with the game sound enabled. Because I put on some music.
And still never felt any change in game pace because of that.
I'll give you on thing though... if I do enable sound from the game and put on my headphones, I get much more immersed and it feels more intense somehow.

An update from my side:

After five victories in the season I finally unlocked the legend difficulty and switched immediately the level because I want to test the AI on legend. The first game against Hamilton was a 1:0 victory and after that I get a 0:0 draw away against Lazio. The next three games I lost against Kilmarnock (0:1), Hearts (0:2) and St. Johnstone (0:1) and here are my impressions:

- There is much more aggressiveness from the AI. Kilmarnock had five and St. Johnstone six fouls. I really like this.
- It's really tough to get chances. You must fight for very inch on the pitch. Sometimes it's almost impossible to find a way through.
- The AI builds up more btw tries to hold the ball longer. To be honest it's not 100% realistic that the bad teams are better now but I like the challenge.
- I still don't have the feeling that I've been cheated by the AI. Nevertheless there are some situation in which I feel that I have a disadvantage.

Overall I think I'll play this game on legend now because it's harder, there are more fouls and if I get better I'm pretty sure that the results will be on my side again. At the moment I think that Lothar won't be long manager of the Rangers. :D

Full transfer window done in Master League.

Verdict is that not much has changes transfer wise from last year in my opinion, aside from budget and player values. Thing is, these make a huge difference. The chance of signing a player is no longer displayed by a percentage, but instead feedback from the sporting director. With that being said, i'm convinced it's exactly the same forumla under the hood as last year.

The transfer values do make a big difference though, I started with a large budget (£500m) as Milan, and still struggled to sign players like De Ligt, Eriksen because the prices were do damn high. Biggest signing I managed to get was Dybala, but it cost me £100m.

Very pleased to report version 1.0 is exactly the same as the demo albeit no slowdown on replays or frame rate dips..

Had a quick England vs Bulgaria and had my arse handed to me on superstar(partly because I was in awe...and partly my relief/excitement..)..

Uploading now and will shortly put up the link..

It’s a good day peeps!..Especially if you loved the demo code..I’m going to update though and if I don’t like the changes I will revert back.

Very pleased I picked this up now..

Enjoying it so far. Pace is good and very similar to demo. Played a couple of games back to back of the full game & demo with same teams, stadium etc and both felt near identical apart from retail feeling a bit more polished & tighter.

I think it's going to be a great year gameplay wise!

Biggest annoyance for me so far is graphics, sound & lighting. Awful IMO, some of the turf & lighting in daytime conditions makes my eyes bleed. Stade Louis ll looks absolutely horrendous in the sunlight. Night visuals are much better.

Well Ive just got home from football, we won 2-0, and then arrive home to a copy of PES 2020 through the door. Bonus.

Any links to a PS 4 OF please ? Or should I wait for the PES Universe option file on Tuesday ?

Attachments

• 20190907_132904.jpg
    20190907_132904.jpg
    959.2 KB · Views: 21
An update from my side:

After five victories in the season I finally unlocked the legend difficulty and switched immediately the level because I want to test the AI on legend. The first game against Hamilton was a 1:0 victory and after that I get a 0:0 draw away against Lazio. The next three games I lost against Kilmarnock (0:1), Hearts (0:2) and St. Johnstone (0:1) and here are my impressions:

- There is much more aggressiveness from the AI. Kilmarnock had five and St. Johnstone six fouls. I really like this.
- It's really tough to get chances. You must fight for very inch on the pitch. Sometimes it's almost impossible to find a way through.
- The AI builds up more btw tries to hold the ball longer. To be honest it's not 100% realistic that the bad teams are better now but I like the challenge.
- I still don't have the feeling that I've been cheated by the AI. Nevertheless there are some situation in which I feel that I have a disadvantage.

Overall I think I'll play this game on legend now because it's harder, there are more fouls and if I get better I'm pretty sure that the results will be on my side again. At the moment I think that Lothar won't be long manager of the Rangers. :D

Was this in Master League?

Any difference between Normal mode and Challenge mode?

It’s the best PES since PES 5, easily. You’ll enjoy it.

We’ll worth 35 quid guys.

It’s not perfect so don’t expect it to be. I still hate the menus, the shooting could be better but scoring is more rewarding than PES 2019 so that’s something.

I don’t want to play it too much because I want to install the option file and enjoy it then but can’t stop playing!
Stop this!!!!
I don't have the game yet!!

Happy for you buddy!

Full transfer window done in Master League.

Verdict is that not much has changes transfer wise from last year in my opinion, aside from budget and player values. Thing is, these make a huge difference. The chance of signing a player is no longer displayed by a percentage, but instead feedback from the sporting director. With that being said, i'm convinced it's exactly the same forumla under the hood as last year.

The transfer values do make a big difference though, I started with a large budget (£500m) as Milan, and still struggled to sign players like De Ligt, Eriksen because the prices were do damn high. Biggest signing I managed to get was Dybala, but it cost me £100m.

This is very important - I didn't expect new formulas, but i don't want to sign Suarez to Brøndby IF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom