eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PC)

Would turning off my internet work?

Unfortunately, .exe shuts-down when Steam displays "No Connection". Just tried it.

But, something "weird" happened while I've been trying it. First of all, my game is already updated to 5.0, so that might have had something to do with it:
1. I booted-up Steam, while still having active network connection (no auto-patching, since it is already patched, but I also have PES configured to never auto-start patching when Steam boots up. Helps a lot to at least decide WHEN you want to pull the trigger)
2. Disabled my network connection in Windows (wired connection, no other connections)
3. Steam did not instantly notice that connection went off - while Steam still believed that connection is live, I started the game (no sider, no nothing fancy, just regular PES 2020 steam .exe) and the game actually booted, as if nothing had happened to network connection.
4. Closed the game
5. Noticed that now Steam says "No Connection"
6. Tried to start game again - no cookie this time - it simply shut down during start-up
7. Re-enabled connection - when Steam detected that connection is back, the game would also start.

So, there may be brief time window before steam detects loss of the connection - if you start the game in that brief period, you might be able to start it :)

I started playing again after the new sider update for DP 5.0.

I have to say, I´m enjoying one game after another!

I still use Holland´s H8 exe and the dt18 of Inca.
Both with livecpk.

In combination with the last update the gameplay is excellent.
I have AI fouls (sometimes more, sometimes less), AI dribbling, AI mistakes, varied AI attacks.
I hope it stays that way for a while now.

Before I turn on my PC.

Is there any way I can stop the game updating. Finally got it playing well with patches and Sider, and adboards and cpks and modified exes so there's fouls and etc, etc, etc

Don't think I can face anything other than loading the game up and playing it, feels like every time I do I have to spend 45 mins in Windows before I can even kick a ball.

Would turning off my internet work?
What I did with DP4 was - BEFORE it downloaded - backed up the entire eFootball PES 2020 folder. Then, I allowed the game to update. Once it had updated, I just deleted the original folder and replaced it with the backup. The game was then allowed to boot, with the old EXE, without ever asking to update again.

I could be (very!) wrong but I don't think Steam checks the EXE against the server EXE, I think it flags when an update is available and then insists you download it, and once you've downloaded and installed it, that flag is reset. (That's my assumption based on the above method working, for me!)

Other than this, I don't think there's a long-term solution. I looked for a long while myself, and while you can prevent updates downloading until certain times etc., the game won't launch until you download them - and you can use offline mode but only for (I think) 30 days, and even then, only if the update wasn't available when you disconnected it.

Now... Tell me how you've got more fouls please!! :D

I still use Holland´s H8 exe and the dt18 of Inca.
Both with livecpk.
Is it not the case that Holland's work makes gameplay really slow? I've seen videos and thought it didn't look like modern football, far too slow (to the point where I've read people saying passes don't even reach their intended target a lot of the time).

What I did with DP4 was - BEFORE it downloaded - backed up the entire eFootball PES 2020 folder. Then, I allowed the game to update. Once it had updated, I just deleted the original folder and replaced it with the backup. The game was then allowed to boot, with the old EXE, without ever asking to update again.

I could be (very!) wrong but I don't think Steam checks the EXE against the server EXE, I think it flags when an update is available and then insists you download it, and once you've downloaded and installed it, that flag is reset. (That's my assumption based on the above method working, for me!)

Other than this, I don't think there's a long-term solution. I looked for a long while myself, and while you can prevent updates downloading until certain times etc., the game won't launch until you download them - and you can use offline mode but only for (I think) 30 days, and even then, only if the update wasn't available when you disconnected it.

Is it not the case that Holland's work makes gameplay really slow? I've seen videos and thought it didn't look like modern football, far too slow (to the point where I've read people saying passes don't even reach their intended target a lot of the time).

He plays on -2.
The gameplay mod itself doesn't slow the gameplay like that.

FIFA's Copa Libertadores and Sudamericana DLC killed PES.
From what i'm seeing lately on youtube etc,except from South Americans,noone really cares about Libertadores..
All i see is people complaining why they're adding faces for some unknown South American players and not for players like De Jong etc.
So if something killed Pes,it's definetely not Libertadores.:))

Also there are issues with this update.For example you can play as licensed Boca or River only in the official new tournament mode.If you want to start a new career then it doesn't let you play with the official team and you are forced again to play with a fake Boca or River.That's just ridiculous.

And with the latest events of EA banning Kurt etc,they have started a huge shitstorm against them.If you check the channels everyone is attacking EA for their fascist tactics,their bad servers with big delay that everyone seems to have,the broken gameplay mechanics and op park the bus tactics that makes everyone play the same etc etc.
To the point where even some big Fifa youtubers have stopped playing it out of frustration due to all these things and they are giving Pes a chance in these latest days.And their subscribers support them and they're making the change to Pes themselves.

Now,i'm not saying that just because of this EA will collapse or anything,but while Konami might not be in the finest place themselves,neither seems to be EA though lately and a huge amount of people are starting to be really fed up from their shit and it seems like they could jump the ship easily.Especially if more and more people continue to praise Pes instead of Fifa on youtube etc.
Don't forget that all of the issues discussed here in this forum are coming from an offline perspective.
But the vast majority out there are onliners and if the game is enjoyable versus a human opponent,it's a different thing from playing against the same underwhelming AI all the time.Of course online comes with it's own issues and frustrations also,but i'll leave it here cause i don't think many here are interested for the online side of the game anyway.:))

From what i'm seeing lately on youtube etc,except from South Americans,noone really cares about Libertadores..
All i see is people complaining why they're adding faces for some unknown South American players and not for players like De Jong etc.

Also there are issues with this update.For example you can play as licensed Boca or River only in the official new tournament mode.If you want to start a new career then it doesn't let you play with the official team and you are forced again to play with a fake Boca or River.That's just ridiculous.

And with the latest events of EA banning Kurt etc,they have started a huge shitstorm against them.If you check the channels everyone is attacking EA for their fascist tactics,their bad servers with big delay that everyone seems to have,the broken gameplay mechanics and op park the bus tactics that makes everyone play the same etc etc.
To the point where even some big Fifa youtubers have stopped playing it out of frustration due to all these things and they are giving Pes a chance in these latest days.And their subscribers support them and they're making the change to Pes themselves.

Now,i'm not saying that just because of this EA will collapse or anything,but while Konami might not be in the finest place themselves,neither seems to be EA though lately and a huge amount of people are starting to be really fed up from their shit and it seems like they could jump the ship easily.Especially if more and more people continue to praise Pes instead of Fifa on youtube etc.
Don't forget that all of the issues discussed here in this forum are coming from an offline perspective.
But the vast majority out there are onliners and if the game is enjoyable versus a human opponent,it's a different thing from playing against the same underwhelming AI all the time.Of course online comes with it's own issues and frustrations also,but i'll leave it here cause i don't think many here are interested for the online side of the game anyway.:))

Well, it depends on who you follow, obviously. Because my Twitter timeline is full of people playing Copa Libertadores.

Of course, I'm twice as happy as any of you might be since I'm an Independiente fan, and not only most of my team has been scanned but our stadium has been perfectly recreated and included in this DLC. So it's safe to say I've never been happier with EA.
This might come off as conformist. I might sound like I'm just a FUT-kid but seriously. FIFA 20 was has been enjoyable for me all through so far. With its flaws an all. And now, to have Riquelme + Independiente's faces scanned + Independiente's Stadium recreated to the T, also Racing's (Independiente's all time rival) Stadium as well.... I couldn't ask for more of FIFA 20 really.

For you guys, living in England or Spain or Germany... you are used to having all (or most) of your team's stadiums, graphics package, etc, in FIFA (and to a very lesser degree, in PES too) but for people like me living in the 3rd World... well, not toplay the victim here, but it's gratifying to say the least.

Well, it depends on how you follow, obviously. Because I'm Twitter timeline is full of people playing Copa Libertadores.

Of course, I'm twice as happy as any of you might be since I'm an Independiente fan, and not only most of my team has been scanned but our stadium has been perfectly recreated and included in this DLC. So it's safe to say I've never been happier with EA.
This might come off as conformist. I might sound like I'm just a FUT-kid but seriously. FIFA 20 was has been enjoyable for me all through so far. With its flaws an all. And now, to have Riquelme + Independiente's faces scanned + Independiente's Stadium recreated to the T, also Racing's (Independiente's all time rival) Stadium as well.... I couldn't ask for more of FIFA 20 really.

For you guys, living in England or Spain or Germany... you are used to having all (or most) of your team's stadiums, graphics package, etc, in FIFA (and to a very lesser degree, in PES too) but for people like me living in the 3rd World... well, not toplay the victim here, but it's gratifying to say the least.
Well yeah,if your favorite team is added with all the whistles and bells that comes with it like scanned faces and original stadium etc i can definitely understand the hype and happiness that someone might have.
I'm in Greece,and although the League here is trash lol,there are many people that would give their left nut to have the League licensed with stadiums and atmosphere etc in a football video game. :D
There are some people here that make a Greek Super League patch for Pes and many like it and play it because of that,but unfortunately it can't be done for Fifa due to all the editing limitations that came with Frostbite.Last Fifa where you could have the freedom to put in any leagues you wanted and tons of other things was Fifa 16 with Ignite.

hi there, i had automatice update and now all the patch seesm to be not working. there is no patched player face, all the logos, competetion and league name has been reverted back to how pes comes out in its release. how to get it back to patched playable version? I am sure i can delete some files rather than re installing the whole patch again. thanks in advance for providing me a solution.

Does someone know when EURO 2020 DLC will come around? Thought it would be implemented in DLC5 and be a counter attack to EA Sports having released its Copa Libertadores DLC

Does someone know when EURO 2020 DLC will come around? Thought it would be implemented in DLC5 and be a counter attack to EA Sports having released its Copa Libertadores DLC
I don't think it will be released before mid-April, they will probably wait for the national team squads, the new kits and and the playoff winners in March.

With Holland´s exe and the dt18 of Inca. This is the only combination that's given me fouls and gameplay.

At least on the bright side this year is we're covered on PC as most of the Euro 2020 stadiums have already been made, Just got to update the Stadia boards which i'm sure wont be hard, As after Euro 2016 on PES 2016, I don't trust Konami to give us the full authentic package in regards to stadiums and kits.

With Holland´s exe and the dt18 of Inca. This is the only combination that's given me fouls and gameplay.

I tried the IPM version before 1.5 and after two matches, I went back to Holland´s exe and Inca´s dt.
On my personal taste, that combination has something which I really appreciate, which I hardly ever saw in any other Gameplay patch combination.
I don´t know how to explain, but the ball seems to have a bit more freedom and the bond between ball and players seems to be more loose.
That is noticable specially on high balls, like goalie kicks.
Often when the ball hits the ground, players would get the ball under control real quick.
But with this one, players often seem to have problems sometimes to anticipate where the ball hits the ground.
That offers much more coincidence and nice lifelike situations.
Pace....positions.....AI attacks....varied and fit my personal taste.
Fouls is quite hard to say. Could be more.....but on some matches AI even slide tackles from behind.

Quite noticable is the difference between regular ML league matches and competition matches like cup or EL/CL matches.
Last ones are very different and been played a lot more agressive by AI.
But all in all better.

And your comparing EAs output to this pile of garbage?

Every update has brought problems, every update has reduced the gameplay, every update has made the game WORSE.

I dont WANT to have to play the game a certain way to enjoy it, or be told I'm playing it wrong, or have to turn my internet off, or repatch my kit files, or reset all the squads or remap all the tactics TO MAKE IT PLAY LIKE A FOOTBALL GAME.

FFS people, do we not get it yet? Year on year its the same thing, we put up with this garbage. We make excuses and we try to CONVINCE ourselves that its a good game.

It should play well out of the box, it shouldn't need constant patching, it shouldn't need the kits updating months after the season has started.

Its a complete clusterfuck.

Every update has brought problems, every update has reduced the gameplay, every update has made the game WORSE.

I dont WANT to have to play the game a certain way to enjoy it, or be told I'm playing it wrong, or have to turn my internet off, or repatch my kit files, or reset all the squads or remap all the tactics TO MAKE IT PLAY LIKE A FOOTBALL GAME.

FFS people, do we not get it yet? Year on year its the same thing, we put up with this garbage. We make excuses and we try to CONVINCE ourselves that its a good game.

It should play well out of the box, it shouldn't need constant patching, it shouldn't need the kits updating months after the season has started.

As much as I agree with you..
have-a-snickers-gif-11.gif
Have a snickers.. you're not yourself when you're hungry.. :LOL:

You do have a point tho.
We shouldnt have to be putting so much effort into any game to make it enjoyable.

Im not talking about installing few mods, option files, or changing settings. On the other game we also have to play around with sliders and settings to find ones that will make the game enjoyable.

Im also dont mind watching some tutorials, even tho I consider myself seasoned player.

But no tutorials will help with basic problems that the game has, like its AI, player awareness, player switching, referees etc .

At some point the best thing you can do for yourself is to go back to the one that you enjoy. Its not worth your frustration.

As much as I agree with you..
View attachment 34017
Have a snickers.. you're not yourself when you're hungry.. :LOL:

You do have a point tho.
We shouldnt have to be putting so much effort into any game to make it enjoyable.

Im not talking about installing few mods, option files, or changing settings. On the other game we also have to play around with sliders and settings to find ones that will make the game enjoyable.

Im also dont mind watching some tutorials, even tho I consider myself seasoned player.

But no tutorials will help with basic problems that the game has, like its AI, player awareness, player switching, referees etc .

At some point the best thing you can do for yourself is to go back to the one that you enjoy. Its not worth your frustration.

Im just at the end of my tether Chris.

It was so promising out of the box before day one patch and slowly, slowly they squeezed the life out of it. Of course the same thing happens with Fifa but with a few slider adjustments you can at least tailor the game to your tastes. Not perfect but at least playable.

Im aghast at how people say this game is realistic, Ive watched that Spoony pizzas guy and honestly, it doesn't even move like real football. Its 2020! I never thought, back in the old days of importing Pes from Play Asia on PS2 would we be, in 2020 with all this computing power, witnessing such a poor effort of a football game.

it's all subjective the best way to do it is try it by yourself.

you can go back to previous version, just backup your old exe and edit file.

First of all,have a Snickers indeed.
Secondly,everyone has his own opinion so don't act like yours is the holy truth and you're speaking for everyone else.
For me and for others here from what i have read,DP 4 was good and it was an improvement from the previous versions.This DP 5 seems a bit worse for some,but personally i don't see any huge changes to be fair.People are overreacting as always,as like they're playing a whole different game all of a sudden.

Also everyone can have different views on the game because everyone may play with different settings,different modes etc.
I don't play ML so the ML problems don't affect me.I only play online and some offline exhibition matches sometimes.
I also play some Fifa every now and then for a change,and i have enjoyed some matches recently on slow speed and default sliders so i'm thinking of even starting a Career at some point to have my offline fix.

Some other things that you say like that you have to repatch your kit files,it was always like this with every game that has the ability to have mods and it will always be like this.So what should they do?Stop bringing out updates so they won't break your precious kit files?Seriously?
In the end it's up to you to have any mods or not or care about official updates or not.I don't mind having to wait some days to make the mods playable with every update and i would be a little brat if i cared so much about that.You have to have some understanding and tolerance if you choose to use some mods you know,it can't be always as piece of cake as you would want it.
Also there are many people that don't even use mods or don't even have the capability to do so,like Xbox players for example,so Konami updates are crucial for them to be able to enjoy some new content.

For me,this game,and even Fifa i would say,keeps slowly getting better in the last years if you compare it to the previous year title.
Not as much as i would want for sure,but this is how the thing works with yearly release cycles for any technological product.This goes also for smartphones etc.They won't release a super duper 100% better product from the previous.They will update it slowly year by year so they can have sales every year.If they release the total best they can,then what will they sell in the next years if they already released their best thing?
At least we're close to a new gen now,and maybe we'll see some indeed significant changes,although i don't think it will be anything mind blowing.And yeah..i'm sure 20-25 years ago when we were kids/teens we all imagined that in the future we will play some crazy out of this world shit and that it would look exactly like the real matches that we see in our tv and even better.Well..it's not.Welcome to reality lol.
It was just a mix of our strong teen fantasy and over the top expectations.And i'm also sure that as much as we don't appreciate enough todays games because we're just used to them and take them for granted,if you showed them to our kid/teen selves back then via a time machine or something,we all would have our fucking jaws dropped because of how they look and play.

Wondering has anyone got a sider file to replace the boring default Konami fonts for the kits. Ideally with some classic style fonts. I'm sure someone a couple of years back created a CPK version.

Cheers
Trev

Ahhh this game is like hell rings for me. I don't know what is going but I'm almost 100% sure that PC port is BS?
With old PC there were slowdowns sometimes after I was not carrying so much because after the game, two I trow the gamepad and quite frustrating, not only by awful framerate sometimes and slow dows but in awful gameplay in general. After my PC and GPU crash, I build a new one with Ryzen 5 3600, 32 GB DDR4 ram, GTX 1070 and SSD but .. the game is slowdown sometimes again? What is going on? Is this AMD problem or its happen and with Intel CPU's? Yes, still I can't play more of 2-3 games on the day before rage quitting because the gameplay makes me physically and mentally sick but.. do only I get this slowdown like Neo in Matrix?

Is anyone found a fix for this?

does anyone know if there's a way to prevent steam from autoupdating the game and wrecking the patch/mods ? is there a way to disable auto updates or do i have to use a crack or something ?

does anyone know if there's a way to prevent steam from autoupdating the game and wrecking the patch/mods ? is there a way to disable auto updates or do i have to use a crack or something ?
At the moment no way. Be careful with some terms (crack)!

As far as I know, you can't stop it - this is your only option:

Back
Top Bottom