eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PC)

don't know about other platforms, but with the launch of lite version, myclub cheaters are 10x more than before...
we pay for the game so free users can cheat the hell out of us.
just met one of the biggest cheaters I ever had the chance: SirAlex1(the 1 in his nickname already gives you info that he already was banned once).I remember being cheated by a SirAlex, not a long time ago.
he manipulated the connection to lag on my side in a disgusting way. i was unbareable.
thanks you for that kuntnami

Same here, reported him

Does anybody have any feedback on playing this with a GTX 1060? I'm thinking of upgrading to one to get better performance on this PC version at higher settings.

My Rig:
GTX 760
i5 3470 - 3.20ghz
16gb Ram
PSu 780w

Does anybody have any feedback on playing this with a GTX 1060? I'm thinking of upgrading to one to get better performance on this PC version at higher settings.

My Rig:
GTX 760
i5 3470 - 3.20ghz
16gb Ram
PSu 780w
I play with GTX 1060 6gb,i5-4590 and 8gb ram on high settings and it plays just fine without stuttering or any problems.
I play it on an old Sony Bravia tv though with 1360x768 resolution,but it still looks good enough.
But i don't think you'll have any issues even if you play it at 1920x1080.
Now if you're looking for 4k then i don't think that a GTX 1060 is good enough,you'll need a better one for that.

I play with GTX 1060 6gb,i5-4590 and 8gb ram on high settings and it plays just fine without stuttering or any problems.
I play it on an old Sony Bravia tv though with 1360x768 resolution,but it still looks good enough.
Now if you're looking for 4k then i don't think that a GTX 1060 is good enough,you'll need a better one for that.

I'm playing on GTX 970 with HIGH and FULL HD and streaming the same time without any problems, It looks like GTX 1060 is even 10% better that 970 so... for FULL HD 1060 is fine.

I'm playing on GTX 970 with HIGH and FULL HD and streaming the same time without any problems, It looks like GTX 1060 is even 10% better that 970 so... for FULL HD 1060 is fine.
Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm gonna go for it then. What brand card you using @Dennis_87

Hello everybody. Currently i have all kit and font texture, i want to add new kit to the team as 3rd,4th kit. What should i do?

The game is just so weird. It's fantastic at times, but then nonsense happens a lot as well.

Here's my short re-review after playing for 120 hours and after all the patches.

Pros

- Pace of the game is perfect, seriously don't touch this in the next iteration of Pes
- Dribbling is quite nice after you learn to use the close control with right stick. Beating people is tough but very possible. I'm playing with one level under Superstar so it might be different in full difficulty.
- Short passing is mostly good
- First touches have satisfying variability

Neutral

- Goalkeepers make really nice rushes out of goal, but then they also flop a lot of easy saves and leave front post uncovered a lot of the time. Overall solid considering the past versions of goalkeeping in Pes.
- Aerial fights are not great but not that bad either.

Bad

- Players still react to loose balls very badly. So many goals happen from these silly situations where the ball is right next to the defender and he does nothing. This is definitely immersion breaking, and it happens constantly.
- Referees. There is no consistency at all.
- Shooting is probably the worst out of any football game I've played in 5 years. Even Fifa 16 and probably even Pes 13 had more varied shooting.
- Attackers never jump over slide tackles or stop when someone slide tackles. So a lot of the time when in real life you could recover the ball after you're slide tackled instead the player just runs in to the legs of the defender and does a somersault.

The game is just so weird. It's fantastic at times, but then nonsense happens a lot as well.

Here's my short re-review after playing for 120 hours and after all the patches.

Pros

- Pace of the game is perfect, seriously don't touch this in the next iteration of Pes
- Dribbling is quite nice after you learn to use the close control with right stick. Beating people is tough but very possible. I'm playing with one level under Superstar so it might be different in full difficulty.
- Short passing is mostly good
- First touches have satisfying variability

Neutral

- Goalkeepers make really nice rushes out of goal, but then they also flop a lot of easy saves and leave front post uncovered a lot of the time. Overall solid considering the past versions of goalkeeping in Pes.
- Aerial fights are not great but not that bad either.

Bad

- Players still react to loose balls very badly. So many goals happen from these silly situations where the ball is right next to the defender and he does nothing. This is definitely immersion breaking, and it happens constantly.
- Referees. There is no consistency at all.
- Shooting is probably the worst out of any football game I've played in 5 years. Even Fifa 16 and probably even Pes 13 had more varied shooting.
- Attackers never jump over slide tackles or stop when someone slide tackles. So a lot of the time when in real life you could recover the ball after you're slide tackled instead the player just runs in to the legs of the defender and does a somersault.

The problem is this :

it doesn't take 120 hours of gameplay to see PES's shortcomings. SOme sense it so early they start modding the game as soom as it releases.

WIth that 120 hours of gameplay, konami can wipe the hands clean - you paid for the product , you got 120 hours out of it, deal done. Rinse and repeat year after year.

After at least 3 or 4 years of this engine the flaws/are apparent in every game from PES 2015 through to 20 - this 90min goal thing amazes me - I played 2020 /19 / 17 / 15 in succession recently and conceding that 90min goal happened way way too often . Thing is most don;t have time/want to play the older games but if you do you'll see these sort of trends .

The problem s if I'm playing FUMA/certain mode and others are playing different controls/modes we're not playing the same game so our mileages with the game vary. My complaints will be different from the next person's. I think it'd be too hopeful to expect any sort of worthwhile improvements until at least a couple years into next gen.

Its akin to the MyCLub addiction I had - I've now managed to break this PES-playing addiction. I don't miss it.

Last edited:
The problem is this :

it doesn't take 120 hours of gameplay to see PES's shortcomings. SOme sense it so early they start modding the game as soom as it releases.

WIth that 120 hours of gameplay, konami can wipe the hands clean - you paid for the product , you got 120 hours out of it, deal done. Rinse and repeat year after year.
The game has big flaws, mostly shooting and players reacting to loose balls. Yet it plays a better game of football than Fifa. There's only 2 football games on the market worth considering and I'm almost always going to buy one of them.

And after Pes 2014 I didn't buy a Pes until now. This year's demo felt really good so I bought the game. So no, they don't get to just "wipe their hands clean". If they deliver a lesser product than their rival then I won't be spending money on it, just like I didn't for the past 6 years. I just hope they decide to improve rather than reinvent in the next Pes.

The game has big flaws, mostly shooting and players reacting to loose balls. Yet it plays a better game of football than Fifa. There's only 2 football games on the market worth considering and I'm almost always going to buy one of them.

And after Pes 2014 I didn't buy a Pes until now. This year's demo felt really good so I bought the game. So no, they don't get to just "wipe their hands clean". If they deliver a lesser product than their rival then I won't be spending money on it, just like I didn't for the past 6 years. I just hope they decide to improve rather than reinvent in the next Pes.

Fair enough mate.

I'll be doing the same as you from this year - giving both PES and FIFA a rest. I think I've played and analysed this game enough now - it was kind of worth it in that I can confidently say I've been chasing a false hope so I get a chance to move on - by that I mean treat it as a game I can switch on whenever I feel like a quick game.

I think the "efootball" title change this year had me intrigued but when you see the limitations each PES iteration comes with you start to see its basically a marketing/seeliing/hype-up project each year. That sort of brand loyalty I used to pride myself with - I've realised I was a fool/was being fooled.

Bhatti can keep them anniversary contracts that I got het up about. They can keep their 2 year server switch-offs. They can keep their slot limitations. They can keep their script. They can keep their unlicensed names/kits. Preorderers can keep preordering. MyClubbers can keep myclubbing.

II got bigger (non-football-related) fish to fry. When they deliver though, I'll about its praise - not the hype - and I'll be back. That is the power of evo-web.

I need to post this. reddit is a dumpster fire of soft douches moaning about the game being too hard on legend.

This post here:

People need to stop being so soft and learn themselves how to master the game, there are plenty of tutorials out there to get them the basics, look at @SpoonyPizzas for example. Legend on default tactics isn't hard at all, of course the AI cheats, i do not dispute that whatsoever, that's the whole point of Legend difficulty, its hard for hard's sake. It has nothing to do with simulation and realism, its the engine pushed to the maximum and the AI will literally cheese tackle you 90% of the time. Its just a test to see how much you can beat the game. I find it fun to test myself, but i use Superstar for the simulation.

The Konami Default tactics are the biggest issue with the game offline and tbh online, they are so bad. This is how bad they are. Look what i managed to do with Barnsley away to City on Legend:
unZB1tX.png

Won 3-2, with 3 shots and came from 2-0 down. The issue is the AI with default tactics defend too fucking deep, You can just play aggressive attacking football to beat them. Even with a poor team and i give Konami credit, Barnsley are shit, its just the tactics which made this happen.

Me getting downvoted shows how soft people are on reddit. Say 'Script' 'cheating' and everyone loves you, nobody understands the process of whats happening. Call people out on how bad they are at the game, they downvote you, the truth hurts too much for these guys. they aren't using L2 manual modifier for their passes, shots and they aren't mastering R3 and manual feints. they expect the Auto passes to do everything for them. This is an example of how FIFA has destroyed gameplay development over the last 10-12 years with their nonsense and Konami's incompetence over the years to properly market their game and sell it in a finished state.

Football gaming is already in a bad place but players aren't even good anymore. I give it to the e.sport guys at least they are good, apart from that, been so few videos of good quality players out there. Sad, sad state of affairs in football gaming for both FIFA and PES

they aren't using L2 manual modifier for their passes, shots and they aren't mastering R3 and manual feints. they expect the Auto passes to do everything for them.
None of this stuff is being used in eSports competition matches, though. If it actually were effective, the eSports players would use these controls.

Modern PES is similar to modern real football in this regard: You are simply better off gegenpressing and hoofing the ball up the field.

None of this stuff is being used in eSports competition matches, though. If it actually were effective, the eSports players would use these controls.

Modern PES is similar to modern real football in this regard: You are simply better off gegenpressing and hoofing the ball up the field.

Ettorito uses it, not all the time but he's fully capable of it. I think the esports guys can use it, but the whole point of esports is still to exploit the game anyway. but i have a lot of respect for them.

Say 'Script' 'cheating' and everyone loves you, nobody understands the process of whats happening. Call people out on how bad they are at the game, they downvote you

[...] of course the AI cheats, i do not dispute that whatsoever, that's the whole point of Legend difficulty, its hard for hard's sake.

...okay...

they aren't using L2 manual modifier for their passes, shots and they aren't mastering R3 and manual feints. they expect the Auto passes to do everything for them

I give it to the e.sport guys at least they are good

Considering that e.sport people play on Pass Assist 3 - that must be the biggest amount of hypocrisy I've seen spilled in one post..

...okay...

Considering that e.sport people play on Pass Assist 3 - that must be the biggest amount of hypocrisy I've seen spilled in one post..

If the e.sports guys want to use L2 and the Right stick, they will. they use Pass assistance 3 to exploit the game of course, vs human players theres no real need to use L2 to win most games, that's Konami's issue, they need to sort that out, but don't think an e.sports guy like Ettorito wouldn't destroy most of us here, even if you put them on full manual. They would eat the majority of us alive.

Playing against a human compared to the AI is a totally different experience in the first place.

I watched i think one e.sorts event earlier last year, i think the 3 on 3 games ad noticed a number of players using L2 manual passes into space.

These guys live on the game, they know everything and more about it than many of us here.

If the e.sports guys want to use L2 and the Right stick, they will. they use Pass assistance 3 to exploit the game of course, vs human players theres no real need to use L2 to win most games, that's Konami's issue, they need to sort that out, but don't think an e.sports guy like Ettorito wouldn't destroy most of us here, even if you put them on full manual. They would eat the majority of us alive.

Playing against a human compared to the AI is a totally different experience in the first place.

I watched i think one e.sorts event earlier last year, i think the 3 on 3 games ad noticed a number of players using L2 manual passes into space.

These guys live on the game, they know everything and more about it than many of us here.
And yet they are the ones, who are talking about "skill gaps". They are the ones who want all shots to be on target and all virtual players, including AI, stripped from their individuality, so only fast fingers were the decisive factor in matches.
eSport and high ranked, competitive online players are the reason why defending was changed and we have very few fouls, all AI players act the same and you can hit the target with 9/10 shots. Thats why football games these days are so... soulless. Coz they were developed with only one purpose - Hum V Hum.
Id love to see eSport tournament on manual, I really would. I would love to see what they are really made of. But until this happens and as long as PA3 is their default settings - I'll always claim that the only reason they are winning are quick fingers, with very little precision and thinking involved.

And yet they are the ones, who are talking about "skill gaps". They are the ones who want all shots to be on target and all virtual players, including AI, stripped from their individuality, so only fast fingers were the decisive factor in matches.
eSport and high ranked, competitive online players are the reason why defending was changed and we have very few fouls, all AI players act the same and you can hit the target with 9/10 shots. Thats why football games these days are so... soulless. Coz they were developed with only one purpose - Hum V Hum.
Id love to see eSport tournament on manual, I really would. I would love to see what they are really made of. But until this happens and as long as PA3 is their default settings - I'll always claim that the only reason they are winning are quick fingers, with very little precision and thinking involved.

Mate, there a lot of truth in your post, but i think its best to challenge some of them them to a match and see how you would do.

I think you should challenge the to a two legged tie. One on their conditions and one on full manual.

You could beat a few of the lower ranked eSports players but vs the very best like uysmakabale, ettorito etc.., those guys are freaks man. But If we want competitive PES and eSports to be more manual, first we and I need to fight the propaganda war and obsession with online microtransactions making greedy corporations profit over proficient gameplay experience.

THAT has killed football gaming quality for me over the years and i will happy discuss this in a podcast if you guys are up for it.

THAT has killed football gaming quality for me over the years and i will happy discuss this in a podcast if you guys are up for it
Defo there's a lot of truth in this.

I never claimed I was the dogs bollox on manual and they probably would destroy me. Maybe not by passing around, but with one good player - skill dancing around me. But if they came across a really good manual player, who play patient and precise football - they would be in trouble I recon.

While we're on that - I never quite understood why Pes never organised professional full manual competition. Even as a gimmick, as one part of a bigger eSport tournament.
We always said that Pes should not try to be EA competition, but alternative. Im sure there's a lot of people who would like to see full manual branch of eSport tournament, instead of ping pong street fighter style of football. There's so many players, whole communities with their own leagues, who play like this. Its one big area, where EA has absolutely ZERO interest in and its there for grab.

But we're slowly drifting off topic, so ill stop here.

Defo there's a lot of truth in this.

I never claimed I was the dogs bollox on manual and they probably would destroy me. Maybe not by passing around, but with one good player - skill dancing around me. But if they came across a really good manual player, who play patient and precise football - they would be in trouble I recon.

While we're on that - I never quite understood why Pes never organised professional full manual competition. Even as a gimmick, as one part of a bigger eSport tournament.
We always said that Pes should not try to be EA competition, but alternative. Im sure there's a lot of people who would like to see full manual branch of eSport tournament, instead of ping pong street fighter style of football. There's so many players, whole communities with their own leagues, who play like this. Its one big area, where EA has absolutely ZERO interest in and its there for grab.

But we're slowly drifting off topic, so ill stop here.

We aren't off topic, this is a good debate. Its a very important point. The big issue nobody has talked about s how badly PES has lost the propaganda war.

Due to TTB sadly having his account hacked by this bastard group of hackers who are doing it to numerous channels this has exposed how few people are promoting PES in a good light at all on youtube. People don't mod much anymore for football game, its just us hardcore old farts who do it. Its too difficult for the new generation to understand and takes too long for them to install.

Apart from giving @Matt10 support with his good work i find no fifa vids interesting, bar Cani Sports or Kurts stuff. The rest is just dead videos of people buying FUT packs! So, so fucking boring!

With PES its PES Story Mode, Spoony and that's literally it! Kizzle kicks has done a great series with Wolves, hes getting his ass handed to him and enjoying it but the most entertaining guy is PES Story mode by a long way since he makes games fun to watch along with nice commentary.

Due to TTB sadly having his account hacked by this bastard group of hackers who are doing it to numerous channels

Really? I thought TTB's case was some sort of Youtube error that got his account deleted.
I didn't know it was a group of hackers. Do you know anything else about it? The group's name? The motives? What they were after? Other channels they've done it to?.

Really? I thought TTB's case was some sort of Youtube error that got his account deleted.
I didn't know it was a group of hackers. Do you know anything else about it? The group's name? The motives? What they were after? Other channels they've done it to?.

If you look at some of the bitcoin threads on reddit. and Cryptocurrency, unfortunately there's a group of bastards specifically targeting youtube channels from 50k-500k followers to hack and do the exact same thing to TTB. Its happened to many channels. These are criminal groups, most likely career criminals who have switched all their attention to attaining as much BTC as possible and this scam is sadly working really well for these bastards.

The game is that with the amount followers, when they start their scam, they entice people with the viewcount taking from that channel to donate bitcoin to them which users will ever see a return by masquerading as the Cryptocurrency exchange 'Binance' doing a fake giveaway.

if i want to use old modded gameplay exe i know how to revert but everytime then the game wants to create a new settings file (System000000) and i have to do all my in game changes again (controlls, sound settings etc) is there a way to solve this little problem?

Ahhh this game is like hell rings for me. I don't know what is going but I'm almost 100% sure that PC port is BS?
With old PC there were slowdowns sometimes after I was not carrying so much because after the game, two I trow the gamepad and quite frustrating, not only by awful framerate sometimes and slow dows but in awful gameplay in general. After my PC and GPU crash, I build a new one with Ryzen 5 3600, 32 GB DDR4 ram, GTX 1070 and SSD but .. the game is slowdown sometimes again? What is going on? Is this AMD problem or its happen and with Intel CPU's? Yes, still I can't play more of 2-3 games on the day before rage quitting because the gameplay makes me physically and mentally sick but.. do only I get this slowdown like Neo in Matrix?

Pes Story mode is quality. Love his vids.

KizzleKicks is doing a grand job getting Wolves relegated 😂 I fear he will go back to FIFA though due to most his subscribers coming from that game.

Pro Spartan Gamer is great as well but since he's met his missus, I'm friends with Owen on FB, he isn't doing many videos.

His old ones are worth a watch, he made a fake team and his passion is brilliant. Also some of the comments he makes have me in stitches, proper funny.

I watch all them 3 channels. I also watch one FIFA channel, even though I don't like the game, just because its easy listening in bed.

Shame about TTB, he was quality, keep checking to see if his channel is back but no.

Still loving the game, if you learn to see past the flaws, except here and there the AI will bend you over like a cheap Dutch mistress and you can't stop it, then it plays a treat.

I've spent the last month fine tuning everything in edit mode. I got OCD with stuff like players names. If I see one and it says, for instance, M.Harris - I've had to edit it so the surname is a space away from the dot. I think I'm weird. Also been trying to get as many faces for the Championship sorted as I've started as Sheff Wed. Plan to see this one out, I've done 2 or 3 'short' ML's so far of about 2-3 seasons, but I wanna do what I did on PES15 where I did a around the world save and played until 2045!!

Back
Top Bottom