eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PC)

Seems much faster to me as well. I don't like this at all. They keep adding speed probably to be closer to FIFA.
All the years they do the same. Hopefully this gets corrected by masters @bromi @Holland and @amartingil exes along with @incas36 and @gabe.paul.logan dt18_all.cpk releases.

All the years thi community has to do the job done to prevent Konami fucking gameplay. My only hopes is that this game we completely erase the scripting and we don't need to buy PES2021. Actually, I don't think I am going to buy PES 2021 since this is working quite nice for me (or it was in previous versions). I will end up getting stacked with a single PES (probably this one) for years and keep playing it for years until they change the engine at least, cause I actually don't wanna know anything about Konami for some time, seems they keep trying to destroy the game once and again.

All the years they do the same. Hopefully this gets corrected by masters @bromi @Holland and @amartingil exes along with @incas36 and @gabe.paul.logan dt18_all.cpk releases.

All the years thi community has to do the job done to prevent Konami fucking gameplay. My only hopes is that this game we completely erase the scripting and we don't need to buy PES2021. Actually, I don't think I am going to buy PES 2021 since this is working quite nice for me (or it was in previous versions). I will end up getting stacked with a single PES (probably this one) for years and keep playing it for years until they change the engine at least, cause I actually don't wanna know anything about Konami for some time, seems they keep trying to destroy the game once and again.

I am also the one who liked the DEMO so much, but I want to play on PC, seems to me that with each patch the game is just worse. Do you have any tips how to use some old .exe to have the gampley closer as it was on the beginning?

incas thread should already be an sticky one in gameplay modifcations. Like it's at least the second year being the main gameplay changer thread in this forum, and people still have to look for it.

It is always on the first page of the editing forum,that is not too difficult to find surely?

Soon there will be too many sticky threads and people will still will not find things.

We have a great search box that no one uses.

5.PNG5.PNG

Thx to this community, I managed to keep playing with all my mods and amartingil´s exe 10 AM V3 even after this "big" update.
Didn´t think, I would be able to, today :)

OK played about 10 exhibition matches now on Superstar with the new DP 3.0 and patch. This is without any gameplay patches, option files or tactics imported into the game. Here are my thoughts -

PROS

- Keeper's lateral movements
have been improved. In 1on1 situations previously they would not make micro adjustments sideways to close down the angles making it way too easy to slot it down one side of the goal. This has now been resolved! :) In a Man Utd v Arsenal match up, I was through on goal twice and Leno adjusted himself accordingly to my approaching runs with Rashford. I still scored but it looked far more realistic and reduced my options. However in a Liverpool vs Man Utd match, again I got through, this time with Origi vs De Gea and De Gea's movement was sublime, closed down the angles accordingly and managed to stop the shot. It looked so real.

-AI Turn And Shoot effectiveness and frequency has been toned down from what I have seen. It still happens but feels more appropriate when it does. It felt easier to defend against as well, which leads me onto....

-More varied AI attacks were very apparent in the matches I played. There was wing play, balls tossed into the box both low and high, I even had Aubameyang take two of my players on using his speed and Ozil twisted through three of of my defenders with his close ball control. Some of it genuinely made me smile. Can it still be improved? Of course, I still didn't see much skilling to get past me - I'm actually ok with this to a degree, I don't want it to become a FIFA like skill fest that ends up looking ridiculous but some stronger player ID in terms of skills would be very much welcomed.

-I love the Game speed and this is very much a personal opinion. It's fast enough that I can feel the difference with pacey players but not so fast that I feel it is arcadey. Slow build up is still readily available and feels natural and by the end of the match you can feel the speed difference due to fatigue in both teams. This heightens the impact of bringing on a pacey sub and can change the flow of the game as in real life, causing all sorts of gaps to appear. Some of you may have noticed a phenomena that occurs when you play the game late at night or if you are overly tired that the gameplay feels WAY too fast, I suffer from this so have to play all my matches during the day or at least not late at night to enjoy the natural pace of the game.

-Midfield Presence seemed more apparent. I had a few tussles in midfield that felt right and also led to the right attacking situations. Playing as Chelsea with Kante as DMF, I ws able to close down and steal the ball off Tottenhams midfielders on a few occasions. Laid the ball off to Willian who was then able to abuse a bit of space on the wings due to Ben Davies being overly ambitious or Aurier. In one match, Chelsea v Man Utd. Pogba came on late into the match and changed the game totally. He started dominating in the middle of the park and his passing distribution was exposing my Chelsea Wingbacks. I also believe less of a gap existed between the lines in a lot of situations which meant it wasn't so end to end in terms of attacking.

-Looseness Of the ball appears to have been tweaked again. I saw several misplaced AI passes and ricochets, rebounds that looked great and changed the dynamic of the action at that time. A couple of my own counter-attacks happened because of misplaced passing and rebound situations from the AI. It looked natural and felt great.

CONS

-When attacking it still does that thing where once you are dispossessed most of your own players then fall back into your own half or move away from the ball. IRL, if I was dispossessed in the opponent's box you would still have some teammates offering to pressure the ball back and get a quick turnover for a shot on goal. This needs to be fixed as it can be highly frustrating when you have crafted a lovely build-up, made it into the attacking third only to have the ball nicked away from you and all your teammates seem to think " Oh well, that's that then! and run off" NO! come back guys, we can win this lol

-More variety in attacking AI is always needed. They have improved it I feel but more please Konami! This may improve once I have again imported and tweaked some team tactics for each team but gameplay is king and if they can start nailing the Team ID and player ID to the point where you can feel the differences in your AI opponents I'd be a happy bunny.

-Free Kicks still seemed way too overpowered. I find them easy to score and if I didn't take precautions (Manual control of my keeper and save) the AI would also still be banging them in against me left, right and centre.

All in all I'm highly encouraged by what I have seen so far. Once I have sorted out the team tactics for all the leagues and imported all the lovely mods and stuff and get my ML on I will report back with my thoughts.

Last edited:
Great to hear there's some more wing play from the AI, this has been sorely lacking.

The 'drop back straight away' I agree with - this is also a con when I win the ball back from the AI and, instead of pressing high, they will often just leave me with the ball. It's something that tactics can mitigate, but surely there should be a brief time before the switch from attacking line up to defensive one?

My gamepad is working fine but in game it is broken left and right d-pad working wrong in team management .
If i move to right player using right d-pad , it goes to left player instead.
In a match, if ball comes to player and I don't move , player will automatically goes backward.

Anybody experience this ?

Hello, guys. Please tell me how to choose a goalkeeper when AI shoot free kicks? How to do Knuckle Shot ?

Last edited:
OK played about 10 exhibition matches now on Superstar with the new DP 3.0 and patch. This is without any gameplay patches, option files or tactics imported into the game. Here are my thoughts -

PROS

- Keeper's lateral movements
have been improved. In 1on1 situations previously they would not make micro adjustments sideways to close down the angles making it way too easy to slot it down one side of the goal. This has now been resolved! :) In a Man Utd v Arsenal match up, I was through on goal twice and Leno adjusted himself accordingly to my approaching runs with Rashford. I still scored but it looked far more realistic and reduced my options. However in a Liverpool vs Man Utd match, again I got through, this time with Origi vs De Gea and De Gea's movement was sublime, closed down the angles accordingly and managed to stop the shot. It looked so real.

-AI Turn And Shoot effectiveness and frequency has been toned down from what I have seen. It still happens but feels more appropriate when it does. It felt easier to defend against as well, which leads me onto....

-More varied AI attacks were very apparent in the matches I played. There was wing play, balls tossed into the box both low and high, I even had Aubameyang take two of my players on using his speed and Ozil twisted through three of of my defenders with his close ball control. Some of it genuinely made me smile. Can it still be improved? Of course, I still didn't see much skilling to get past me - I'm actually ok with this to a degree, I don't want it to become a FIFA like skill fest that ends up looking ridiculous but some stronger player ID in terms of skills would be very much welcomed.

-I love the Game speed and this is very much a personal opinion. It's fast enough that I can feel the difference with pacey players but not so fast that I feel it is arcadey. Slow build up is still readily available and feels natural and by the end of the match you can feel the speed difference due to fatigue in both teams. This heightens the impact of bringing on a pacey sub and can change the flow of the game as in real life, causing all sorts of gaps to appear. Some of you may have noticed a phenomena that occurs when you play the game late at night or if you are overly tired that the gameplay feels WAY too fast, I suffer from this so have to play all my matches during the day or at least not late at night to enjoy the natural pace of the game.

-Midfield Presence seemed more apparent. I had a few tussles in midfield that felt right and also led to the right attacking situations. Playing as Chelsea with Kante as DMF, I ws able to close down and steal the ball off Tottenhams midfielders on a few occasions. Laid the ball off to Willian who was then able to abuse a bit of space on the wings due to Ben Davies being overly ambitious or Aurier. In one match, Chelsea v Man Utd. Pogba came on late into the match and changed the game totally. He started dominating in the middle of the park and his passing distribution was exposing my Chelsea Wingbacks. I also believe less of a gap existed between the lines in a lot of situations which meant it wasn't so end to end in terms of attacking.

-Looseness Of the ball appears to have been tweaked again. I saw several misplaced AI passes and ricochets, rebounds that looked great and changed the dynamic of the action at that time. A couple of my own counter-attacks happened because of misplaced passing and rebound situations from the AI. It looked natural and felt great.

CONS

-When attacking it still does that thing where once you are dispossessed most of your own players then fall back into your own half or move away from the ball. IRL, if I was dispossessed in the opponent's box you would still have some teammates offering to pressure the ball back and get a quick turnover for a shot on goal. This needs to be fixed as it can be highly frustrating when you have crafted a lovely build-up, made it into the attacking third only to have the ball nicked away from you and all your teammates seem to think " Oh well, that's that then! and run off" NO! come back guys, we can win this lol

-More variety in attacking AI is always needed. They have improved it I feel but more please Konami! This may improve once I have again imported and tweaked some team tactics for each team but gameplay is king and if they can start nailing the Team ID and player ID to the point where you can feel the differences in your AI opponents I'd be a happy bunny.

-Free Kicks still seemed way too overpowered. I find them easy to score and if I didn't take precautions (Manual control of my keeper and save) the AI would also still be banging them in against me left, right and centre.

All in all I'm highly encouraged by what I have seen so far. Once I have sorted out the team tactics for all the leagues and imported all the lovely mods and stuff and get my ML on I will report back with my thoughts.
Lovely written and so well understandable. :APPLAUD: Better than my knowledge of the English would ever allow me to. Thanks for putting in words what I’m feeling.

This game really got some polish. Sure it’s not without flaws and you named some. I’m with you. That doesn’t stop me from having the fun of my life on PS4 with PES!!

And again I’m asking, did someone noticed anything that got worse with the latest update?

I like to see the whole picture. Just last night, I was smiling when AI shots flew over the cross bar, backheels were slow and imprecise, AI wasn’t catching up to me, headers were possible, goal nets looked nice... I could go on naming other weak points from over the last years... now that this is fixed or at least polished, some users seems to move on and look for other stuff to moan about. Fair (guess that’s only human), but I wish all that stuff that got better over the years was mentioned/welcomed/put in perspective!
Imo, that isn’t the case.

Anyway, I’m not the police nor “officer convincer”, so I’ll keep on playing, having fun, and focusing on the bright side of things. :)

Later. :BYE:

I agree on nicer pace, heavier physicality, more dynamic AI, minimal to NO catching bugs, more human-type (and real life) soccer mistakes from AI players, AI shoots more from outside the box, and seems they increased the stamina effects on players on second half of matches.
This game is getting more enjoyable with every step from official parches.
I still think referee performance needs more work, many legit fouls are not called for (especially AI on user side).

Great news!!!

WE HAVE RETRO KITS 3D MODEL INSIDE DATAPACK 3!!

The 3d asset for retro shorts are in:

Route -> Asset/model/character/uniform/nocloth/#Win/pants_0016.fmdl

In combination with new shirt model or straight shirt model we could achive really nice oldschool uniforms

I hope PES kitmakers community can do its best with this!

PD: Tried with junior mantis legends!!

It looks amazing:

Last edited:
Hello... Can someone help me? I have a problem with the evo web patch 2.1. The player name of the clubs are wrong.

Attachments

• 20191206214357_1.jpg
    20191206214357_1.jpg
    832.1 KB · Views: 17
Great news!!!

WE HAVE RETRO KITS 3D MODEL INSIDE DATAPACK 3!!

The 3d asset for retro shorts are in:

Route -> Asset/model/character/uniform/nocloth/#Win/pants_0016.fmdl

In combination with new shirt model or straight shirt model we could achive really nice oldschool uniforms

I hope PES kitmakers community can do its best with this!

PD: Tried with junior mantis legends!!

It looks amazing:

@Hawke Do you know if there's any way to set this type of kit model via Kitserver? Would love to see how it looks on actual kits,
I have the feeling that it might look great.

In 2019, and since forever I guess, you can find cloth and nocloth folders within dt35 and modify the kit shapes to your desire:
58-254.png
Logo and number position would need to be set if one wants to be pedantic. Same thing for 2020 I would say.

You will buy the game at one point mate.. save ten bucks a month.. at the 4th month you can purchase it at discounted price :P

What I am seeing is when your player is passing the ball and there is a CPU player within 5 yards and your playing the ball either to a team mate wide right or left of CPU, the ball is hitting that CPU ? Now I know in ML is scripting where your going to lose a goal no matter what you try to do and the AI of the CPU hardly put a pass out of place, now I am ok with that for the most part but it does my nut in when their headers go straight to a CPU mate. The header on my side 90% of the time if not more, go beyond the team mate I am aiming at, I am ok with this, but I want the same from the CPU team and not the laser guided headers.

Back
Top Bottom