eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

Do you not think that basic through balls with L2 (like I said) would give you the same results?
No, I dont think so, because once you get your head around Advanced, you will be able to apply spin on the ball and curl them around the defenders (providing your players are decent). L2+triangle will always go straight.
Some of the through balls I pulled off were insane and I've never seen anything like this on basic.

I also don’t feel stressed playing it waiting for the inevitable sucker punch haha, it feels a fair game, but I know that if I don’t remain vigilant and concentrate, they will punish me
Thats the thing. Especially on manual - you need a bit of a breather every now and again. Top Player in Master League when script kicks in might be a little bit too frustrating at times.
And believe me - once script kicks in on professional - even that might get a little bit crazy.
But for most of the time - its a really nice, human difficulty to play on.

Today I played for the first time in years a game online with similar settings as mine. The guy I was playing right away sent me a friend request. We had some good games in the friendly lobby but the match length is not enough. Is there any way to set the match length online to your liking?

Is there any way to set the match length online to your liking
Friendly lobby should have settings there.
If im not mistaken - owner of the "room" can change match time. I never actually tried to change it, but ive seen the time settings.
@Chris Davies ? Can you confirm or deny?
Anything you say can be used against you tho..

Friendly lobby should have settings there.
If im not mistaken - owner of the "room" can change match time. I never actually tried to change it, but ive seen the time settings.
@Chris Davies ? Can you confirm or deny?
Anything you say can be used against you tho..
This is true. You can change all that stuff as the room owner.

Ok.. I know penalties are rare on here. But I've had now 200+games and not one given to me. Granted most goals have been exhibitions.

So am I missing a trick?
Had to save a replay a minute ago. My player got put on his arse by 3 defenders... Game stops.... They get a free kick. I rewound the replay as I thought maybe I took out the goalkeeper when I got taken to the ground.. Upon inspection, I didn't go anywhere near him it is crazy it should have been my penalty as my player got put on this back and the other team didn't even win the ball. Yet they got a free kick when all my player did was fall on the floor and didn't touch any of their players.

Maybe I'm destined to never get one.

Anyone spotted the glitch where you can stand on the wing with the ball and the CPU doesn't make an attempt to tackle you? I'm 1-0 in a crucial ML game against Bayern on superstar and have had the ball on the wing from minute 54 to minute 82. Infact I'm still there now as I type .

Anyone spotted the glitch where you can stand on the wing with the ball and the CPU doesn't make an attempt to tackle you? I'm 1-0 in a crucial ML game against Bayern on superstar and have had the ball on the wing from minute 54 to minute 82. Infact I'm still there now as I type .
Just to update, saw the full game out without even holding my controller. 15 minute games too. Surely this is a bug?

classic Barcelona vs classic Arsenal pes 2020 PS4 gameplay

camera setting:
I have a question.. how on earth did you give Eto’o white ankle tape? I’m assuming it’s a trick the game into thinking the socks are white, when in actuality they’re blue situation?
Ankle tape is so pointless as it is right now, you can’t see it and I don’t care enough about keeping the player’s shin pads in place.

I have a question.. how on earth did you give Eto’o white ankle tape? I’m assuming it’s a trick the game into thinking the socks are white, when in actuality they’re blue situation?
Ankle tape is so pointless as it is right now, you can’t see it and I don’t care enough about keeping the player’s shin pads in place.

if on ps4 and importing a kit whatever colour you choose for socks will be the colour of the ankle tape so make the socks white for white tape

Its Very unfortunate the fact that KONAMI has sped up the game só much at 0 speed because for me its quite clear that the game is made to be played on the default game Speed. Everything Just flows a Lot better, from animations tô ball physics. I have been noticing this since pes 2018.

I feel a bit forced to play at -1 without liking. Game for is very fast at deafult even playing Second division of Brazilian league, for Gods sake

Last edited:
if on ps4 and importing a kit whatever colour you choose for socks will be the colour of the ankle tape so make the socks white for white tape

TO add more to this , you must edit the kit colours before you import the kit-image. OR TO BE MORE accurate about KONAMI's questionable stupidity, after the import they allow you to edit the SHIRT, but the SHORTS and SOCKS edit option is locked. While all three options HAVE THE SAME EFFECT!!! They affect just the colors of the extra equipment. Undershirt, Undershorts, Sock taping.

Trying to find some logic behind this, either someone forgot to lock the edit SHIRT option too like the other two when he was programming PES2017, or someone is so sadist and wanted the people editing the game by themselves, to suffer a lot slowly and painfully!!!

Any update notes? Except for the classic "A variety of minor adjustments have been made to each mode to improve the overall gaming experience "
Haha that's my favourite. Bewildering that konami keeps doing this, luckily the modders are lightning quick to update over on the PC side but the way their file logic is setup is just a bloody headache.

Haha that's my favourite. Bewildering that konami keeps doing this, luckily the modders are lightning quick to update over on the PC side but the way their file logic is setup is just a bloody headache.
Yes i am in love with this quote too. I put it in mys signature now!! :P I hope the developers Facebook page will have some info... Seems that nobody from here pays attention on their page (including me). This proves how bad the feedback system is, being forced to comment to a FACEBOOK post, to give feedback and then be forced again to be popular enough, to an "influencer" level, to collect so much likes/reactions to your post, so it can be readable by developers or other users!!!

UPDATE , UPDATE!!!!

A new Update File (Data Pack 2.01 & Patch 1.02.01) was released on 07/11/2019.
See below for details.

■ Updates and Additions
・ Changes to some myClub player signing animations

■ Fixes
・ An issue where opening the game caused asset data that you had already downloaded to start downloading again.
・ Fixed strips of some clubs.

source: https://www.konami.com/wepes/2020/eu/en/ps4/topic/game-wepes2020-4683

No minor changes :P
Yes, but at least : "fixed strips of SOME CLUBS. "
Guess the clubs and and win 100 MC coins fellas!!! :P :P

To be fair, the first fix sounds decent! If it really stops downloading assets, every time we launch the game. I give them respect where they deserve it! ;)

Just to update, saw the full game out without even holding my controller. 15 minute games too. Surely this is a bug?
Τhis in my opinion, is not a bug, it is just bad coding. It shows that AI reacts to your controller input and not your players animation. Or better, for those who don't believe it, reading controller human input, is in higher priority for the AI than reacting to you cyber player's animation. In my opinion always.

Below my experience with the 1.5 thus far. I put them in inside spoiler tags so i wont cause any placebo effect. Please first test yourself if you notice any changes at all.

Could be conincedence but i am having an incredible match. Tight midfield battles. Randomness all over the place. Tackling requires more precision. I can already see Adam reading this thinking "Dude, we really only changed some kits, these fans are getting crazier by the year".

Update:

Played another match. If any gameplay changes then in my experience it has to be first touch. Especially when you or the CPU makes a tackle then the magnetic force field to glue it to the feet of the tackler has been reduced. After a tackle you have a bigger change of getting the ball back because the ball is more free.

Last edited:
Unfortunately this is happening since last update.Due to the fact that they tried to tone down cpu's over aggressiveness they obviously changed some "sliders" & now cpu players do not attack you, in order to steal the ball unless you reach half pitch at least.They always try to be in front of you when you have possession & close gaps but they rarely attempt to steal the ball.They became somehow passive IMHO.Even on superstar.You can walk with the ball at least half pitch without passing at a teammate ,making turns & switching direction & cpu players are just trying to stay in front of you. Except from these "You probably going to be defeated" ML matches witch cpu approaches with totally different mentality that you are going to lose 5 times of 6 even if you re - play the same match.

I think after last patch the gone from over aggressive cpu behavior to over passive.
I can be mistaken here, but i think this is happening when you come up with a game that for some reasons you dint have the time or the resources in order to test it thoroughly. The definitely , made better job than previous year no doubt about this, which we had to endure big time bugs such as Low cross killer & cpu’s one – dimensional attacking. 20+ years back, i was watching at some games the names of the programmers & their title for the role they had for the game & when i saw "Game Tester" (more than one person!!), it seemed so funny back then.My thinking was: what a serious Job!You' ve been paid to play games. hahaha.

Well, as more & more games came up without this detailed testing over the years (mainly due to On line gaming) ,Playtesting does seem like actually pretty serious job in the world of video games industry.I dare to say it has pretty similar value with a "gameplay" designer Role in terms of the actual outcome of the product. Sorry for the large post…

Back
Top Bottom