eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

I made that data asset fix on my console a long time ago :LOL:

But that's good. Hopefully the fixed the kits for Antwerp, Nice, Galatasaray, etc. and didn't fuck the playing process!

I like datapack 2.0 a lot btw, Find it to be demesque.

EIwtHJcXUAEqUhj.jpg

And the beautiful Stadium coming later

It seems somehow, they work faster this year. This update come out of surprise. By coincidence, i was thinking this morning , whether they will mess with 2.0 to 2.01.. My prediction was that it would come out around 21/11 or 28/11... Seems they got faster than my predictions.
I just hope , for a 100th time, they do proper play-testing.

@ThomasGOAL really? Konami is adding the stadium? Cool, if so.

But in some ways it's not that beautiful... there was a big scandal when it turned out that the ammonia levels in the air are way too high, because there were no toilets during construction and all the workers just went whereever for years.

Ok.. I know penalties are rare on here. But I've had now 200+games and not one given to me. Granted most goals have been exhibitions.

So am I missing a trick?
Had to save a replay a minute ago. My player got put on his arse by 3 defenders... Game stops.... They get a free kick. I rewound the replay as I thought maybe I took out the goalkeeper when I got taken to the ground.. Upon inspection, I didn't go anywhere near him it is crazy it should have been my penalty as my player got put on this back and the other team didn't even win the ball. Yet they got a free kick when all my player did was fall on the floor and didn't touch any of their players.

Maybe I'm destined to never get one.

Ok.. I know penalties are rare on here. But I've had now 200+games and not one given to me. Granted most goals have been exhibitions.

So am I missing a trick?
Had to save a replay a minute ago. My player got put on his arse by 3 defenders... Game stops.... They get a free kick. I rewound the replay as I thought maybe I took out the goalkeeper when I got taken to the ground.. Upon inspection, I didn't go anywhere near him it is crazy it should have been my penalty as my player got put on this back and the other team didn't even win the ball. Yet they got a free kick when all my player did was fall on the floor and didn't touch any of their players.

Playing is Believing dude... Have faith and you will be rewarded with one some day. ;)

I just hope , for a 100th time, they do proper play-testing.
Slamsoze,
Let’s all hope so...haha

but facts & data until now, just don’t show this. Things are better compared with previous years i have to admit but:
If they did a proper job, since version 1.0 ,we wouldn’t have problems with so simple stuff such as:
1) Super cancel
2) players - teammates cannot understand where the ball is in plenty of situations.
3) problems with player switching
4) issues with bad Team tactics as stated by so many gamers that try to find a fix themselves by editing gameplans (this is huge in IMHO as it changes the gameplay completely - Deep Def line, Auto offside etc)
5) Fouls. Referees so "strict" or extremely "Loose" , accordingly with the version of current patch.
6) Penalties. No comment here
7) cpu mentality. Over aggressive or over passive. You can play vs very weak teams that can over press like Barca & Real M & make unbelievable plays & you can play vs Brazil or Juventus at times (that game has decide that they don’t want to go for the win this time) and they don’t attempt a single shot in 1st half.
The list can continue...
I am not a crybaby, the game is good, they have potential but i strongly believe that just don’t invest at playtesting.They probably believe that is not required which in fact it the exact opposite.
Because ALL OF THE ABOVE wouldn’t exist since day 1,if they had some serious Playtesting...
But if you think again, there is OnLine…

Everybody is just eager to just grab the gamepad & take over an opponent on line. Eager to win.Dont care for the game as “the game”. We just want to get the feeling of win & we forget those simple funny bugs
And why the keep altering game's speed constantly?

UPDATE , UPDATE!!!!

A new Update File (Data Pack 2.01 & Patch 1.02.01) was released on 07/11/2019.
See below for details.

■ Updates and Additions
・ Changes to some myClub player signing animations

■ Fixes
・ An issue where opening the game caused asset data that you had already downloaded to start downloading again.
・ Fixed strips of some clubs.

source: https://www.konami.com/wepes/2020/eu/en/ps4/topic/game-wepes2020-4683
What exactly does “fixed strips” mean? Has Aguero stopped cross-dressing and finally taken off the dress?

TO add more to this , you must edit the kit colours before you import the kit-image. OR TO BE MORE accurate about KONAMI's questionable stupidity, after the import they allow you to edit the SHIRT, but the SHORTS and SOCKS edit option is locked. While all three options HAVE THE SAME EFFECT!!! They affect just the colors of the extra equipment. Undershirt, Undershorts, Sock taping.

Trying to find some logic behind this, either someone forgot to lock the edit SHIRT option too like the other two when he was programming PES2017, or someone is so sadist and wanted the people editing the game by themselves, to suffer a lot slowly and painfully!!!
So if I gave a team the base colour of white for their socks and then I import an option file with all the kits, it will still remember that the base colour is white and override the colour that’s been pasted on?

So if I gave a team the base colour of white for their socks and then I import an option file with all the kits, it will still remember that the base colour is white and override the colour that’s been pasted on?
When you paste a KIT (always speaking for PS4) you paste an image, not a color. The game recognises it as an image. It is like you try to capture text from an image.jpeg and not from a word.doc file, if you got me. It does not recognize colors from images.

If you do a simple test, For example delete Dortmund home kit image, and you go to edit mode/edit kit/home kit, the base kit will have been edited by the creator to match the colors from the kit of BvB that you imported as an image. IE: the image had yellow socks with two black stripes, the socks with in-game editor will be edited to be yellow and maybe with even the strips.

I REPEAT i do not know if PC follows the same pattern, as i think you mess with CPKs for strips and not importing KIT images in KIT slots.

For the final part of your question, IF YOU IMPORT a .ted file, the game will not remeber anything cause it drains what the createor of the content you import created. BUT if you edit for example RED socks and you import JUST AN IMAGE of BvB with yellow socks on the images, the taping will be RED. ALWAYS on console , i repeat.

Last edited:
When you paste a KIT (always speaking for PS4) you paste an image, not a color. The game recognises it as an image. It is like you try to capture text from an image.jpeg and not from a word.doc file, if you got me. It does not recognize colors from images.

If you do a simple test, For example delete Dortmund home kit image, and you go to edit mode/edit kit/home kit, the base kit will have been edited by the creator to match the colors from the kit of BvB that you imported as an image. IE: the image had yellow socks with two black stripes, the socks with in-game editor will be edited to be yellow and maybe with even the strips.

I REPEAT i do not know if PC follows the same pattern, as i think you mess with CPKs for strips and not importing KIT images in KIT slots.

For the final part of your question, IF YOU IMPORT a .ted file, the game will not remeber anything cause it drains what the createor of the content you import created. BUT if you edit for example RED socks and you import JUST AN IMAGE of BvB with yellow socks on the images, the taping will be RED. ALWAYS on console , i repeat.
I think I’m with you. So it only works if you select ‘paste image’ and do it individually rather than importing a whole option file? So basically if I had no kits installed and changed the socks base colours of all Prem League home kits to white, but then install the option file, I will lose all that work because the option file will overwrite it?

So am I missing a trick?

I had one yesterday playing in my professional game. I reacted first to a deflection on the far side of the box with Andreas Pereira and before the opponent could knock it away from me, I turned one way and then the other and he took my legs. Of course then I missed it with Pogba..

There’s a lot of bs with the keeper though, they can take you out with their body and it won’t be a foul, yet you can run into them and get a yellow.

I think I’m with you. So it only works if you select ‘paste image’ and do it individually rather than importing a whole option file? So basically if I had no kits installed and changed the socks base colours of all Prem League home kits to white, but then install the option file, I will lose all that work because the option file will overwrite it?
AFFIRMATIVE, if you import OF your edits, will be technically* lost.
*They will be replaced by what the OF creator edited on the kits, before he imported the kit images.

FYI the most reliable OF creators, the steps they follow when they want to create a team is: Edit the vanilla kit in game to match the colors of SHIRTS,SHORTS, SOCKS and then they import the image of the kit.
The most times i decided to replace a team created by an OF with an other of mine manually, without importing anything .TED related, but edit the kit and then import an image manually, when i deleted the images, the "underskin" KIT, the vanilla one was already edited by the OF creator and was matching the image he wanted.

Last edited:

So am I missing a trick?

This shit has happened to me so many times. its hopeless

So am I missing a trick?

The collision system is either broken or overriden by Konami's outright refusal to award penalties.

The penalty system is rubbish anyway. It's easier to score free kicks than penalties.

The penalty system is rubbish anyway. It's easier to score free kicks than penalties.

I see this more or an issue with how easy free-kicks are, rather than how easy penalties are. I score about 9 in 10 penalties (obviously depends partially on the players), which is about right for me.

For free-kicks, range and angle obviously makes a different, but give me a player over 70 for place-kicking and I'll score 9 in 10 there as well. If they're over 80, it's 99 out of 100.

How come whenever Konami update the game they remove contrast from the ‘brightness settings’ section? The colour of the game is all off balance for me again because I’d adjusted the contrast and brightness to be perfect.

For free-kicks, range and angle obviously makes a different, but give me a player over 70 for place-kicking and I'll score 9 in 10 there as well. If they're over 80, it's 99 out of 100.
I have no power bar and my player is 70 at free kicks. Still scoring about 60% of them.. bit much..

As for fouls - recently I started noticing increased number of fouls for AI. A lot of simple touches are called. Still getting very few the other way.

Penalties - still none from me. Good few for AI tho.

How come whenever Konami update the game they remove contrast from the ‘brightness settings’ section? The colour of the game is all off balance for me again because I’d adjusted the contrast and brightness to be perfect.
Ok, nevermind, I restarted the game and it came back. This game is so fucking weird at times haha

I have no power bar and my player is 70 at free kicks. Still scoring about 60% of them.. bit much..

As for fouls - recently I started noticing increased number of fouls for AI. A lot of simple touches are called. Still getting very few the other way.

Penalties - still none from me. Good few for AI tho.
I should note that for penalties, I have won some, but not many. I get my 9 in 10 stats mostly from cup penalty shoot-outs :D

Fouls have always been present for me, but seem to have changed only a little since the start. I literally scored a goal a few nights ago where a defender missed the ball entirely and got caught by my players shooting foot with the ball 3/4 of the way towards goal. Foul to the AI :D

So this is still an issue as recently as last weeks update! Fingers crossed it improves.

defender missed the ball entirely and got caught by my players shooting foot with the ball 3/4 of the way towards goal. Foul to the AI
Yeah, these things still happen unfortunately.
As for fouls - in earlier versions (especially talking about demo and 1.0) our tackles were more pronounced. When you tapped the X - you could see and feel your player attempting to tackle. This was very nerfed with patches. So now, our main option is to barge in. Im still using super cancel and jockey a lot to position myself properly before I assault them, but even with that - lot of my tackles are called by ref. We dont really have a good defensive weapon at the moment. Both standing and sliding tackles were nerfed a lot.
And AI tackles are crazy accurate.

The collision system is either broken or overriden by Konami's outright refusal to award penalties.

It really is. The specific issues are 1) much lessened aggression from defenders 2) ref's tendency to call fouls is lessened. Both make sense: that's how it is in real football, but both are stupidly over the top.

But you can get pens people. Must have had 30 by now.

It's mostly about thinking 2 steps ahead and knowing well both the AI and your player's technical stats (and what they endow you to).

The hardest to get are through dribbling, tbh taking on has been the hardest skill to master in PES20 for me. But now that i'm becoming good at it it's pretty rewarding.

For pens there's something that's very important other than becoming good at dribbling through pace variations and touches timing, it's the fact that the IA will defend different depending on if you're in the box or not.

So USE THE EDGES. Get in, get out, get in, keep changing direction and pace. This really confuses their defensive movements. Evading pressure repeatedly too, if you're keeping the ball they get mad, especially if the same players does (no passing).

Best way to get pens from my experience though is a normal pass to a technical player in the box. Make him have a first touch toward the defender enough for him to go for it then a second touch just before. That's like 15 pens for me. (I play game speed -1 in various difficulties from Top player to Legend). Defender needs to directly hit your legs with his leg though and the system is still overly unresponsive to too many foul plays in the box.

I improve my game experience through tactics and players manipulation to add realism to the game which can encompass foul play in the box though.

Like some stats, skills, playing styles will make a player more aggressive. The more Ball winning > Defensive prowess the more the player will go for the challenge instead of retaining his position in his team's defensive shape. From then it's a duel between his stats and your skills but you can make him foul you if you play it smart.

Now we have aggression stat too and so far my testing tend toward this stat being amazing lol. It's the Kanté stat. Defensive ground covering and ability at pressing = forward defending which is a notion we so badly need ato accuarately represent defensive players in the game.

I will start a thread on players editing, the results so far have been stunning. This game was very good out of the box but by tweaking stats, roles and team tactics you get mindblowingly realist gameplay (thanks to @klashman69)

Ok, nevermind, I restarted the game and it came back. This game is so fucking weird at times haha

My stadium camera is currently at a completely different height setting. 0 is more like 4 and 10 is more like 15. Been like this for two days now.
So fucking weird...

To expand on players tweaking i have unfortuantely discovered that giving much more generous ratings improved their real life likeness. Messi rated 98 was much more like his real self may it be for me, against me, in IA vs IA (top player/superstar/legend alike).

The issue with that is i'd need to rewrite the whole database to get leveled sets which takes way too long to be done.

Some quick stuff people can try to understand what i'm doing is to tweak Liverpool's attack with klashman tactics already on. Try changing roles. Give Hole Player to Mané, Creative Playmaker for Firmino, Goal Poacher to Salah (hole player emulates him good as well). Really makes a massive difference for gameplay realism IMO.

But i'm not sure people are interested now that my recommendations would involve bumping overalls (as a result of IMO, rightfully inflated stats) by so much.

But honestly all players are performing much more as their real selves would. To give you ranges other than Messi at 98 you have Firmino at 92, Salah at 94, Robertson at 91, Neymar at 97.

If you're curious about some of my sets i've just finished doing Liverpool, City, PSG, Lyon and France NT starting XIs.

Think that's what my thread will be about as it's the most likely to gather interest, how to emulate X player kind of thread with sorts of guidelines, testing and stuff in there too because we badly need a thread focused on that, it's THE biggest way you can affect the gameplay for the best on PS4 with tactics like Klashman does.

To expand on players tweaking i have unfortuantely discovered that giving much more generous ratings improved their real life likeness. Messi rated 98 was much more like his real self may it be for me, against me, in IA vs IA (top player/superstar/legend alike).

The issue with that is i'd need to rewrite the whole database to get leveled sets which takes way too long to be done.

Some quick stuff people can try to understand what i'm doing is to tweak Liverpool's attack with klashman tactics already on. Try changing roles. Give Hole Player to Mané, Creative Playmaker for Firmino, Goal Poacher to Salah (hole player emulates him good as well). Really makes a massive difference for gameplay realism IMO.

But i'm not sure people are interested now that my recommendations would involve bumping overalls (as a result of IMO, rightfully inflated stats) by so much.

But honestly all players are performing much more as their real selves would. To give you ranges other than Messi at 98 you have Firmino at 92, Salah at 94, Robertson at 91, Neymar at 97.

If you're curious about some of my sets i've just finished doing Liverpool, City, PSG, Lyon and France NT starting XIs.

Think that's what my thread will be about as it's the most likely to gather interest, how to emulate X player kind of thread with sorts of guidelines, testing and stuff in there too because we badly need a thread focused on that, it's THE biggest way you can affect the gameplay for the best on PS4 with tactics like Klashman does.

It's a shame you aren't on PC. If you were, you could simply give me a list of the player IDs, their current OVR and what you want their new OVR to be and I could probably automate the progressive stat increases (as I've already had to build algorithms in order to calculate OVR from base stats and I could easily reverse these in order to generate scaled increases on the stats based on position.

I'd be super interested in reading your tweakings and your complete philosophy around it, to be honest (even if I'm on pc as well as Negatrev above).

I'd take the chance of your very interesting posts to say that I feel like Konami was too generous with player's skills. Too many even medium players have too much of them in my opinion. I wonder if it isn't part of the reason why we sometimes see confusion and players not playing as they should, I'd be curious to see what a whole tweak to that would do.

To give you an example, I don't know, take Sanabria from my Genoa ML here:

https://www.pesmaster.com/a-sanabria/pes-2019/player/61164/
pretty mediocre player with 8 player's skills and as many as 4 playstyles.. something that would make me think at some Ibra or some other champion like that. I mean that's ridiculous (and I even took 2019 one for mistake, this year he has one skill more even after another mediocre season in Genoa.. lol).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom