eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

I still see swarm box and deep defensive line on after importing v3 ticking both boxes when importing. Am i doing something wrong?

For which leagues? Klash only updated epl la liga and a few serie A. All the rest will still have those advances instructions on as before, except Bundesliga as pes universe created it..

Talking about nostalgia. Yesterday i installed PesUniverse v3 and deemed this a good time to start a Master League with Nottingham Forest as Romario, random players.

Mind you, my last campain was in Winning Eleven 9 or before, so we are talking 2005 or 2006.

More then 10 years without ML and now i know why again. When i looked at the clock thinking it would be around 23:00, it was actually 1:30 in the night and i still couldnt resist to play 2 more games after that.

I am very tempted to write a loveletter about my experience yesterday, yett i want to spend the precious alone time to play some more. I will say one thing; this game is best enjoyed when you control a bunch of nobodies. Half a season and i have grown such an attachment to these fella's, especially my spanish 'rising star' Q. Arcas. Actually, i cant wait for my fans to nickname him 😳..

The randomness and unpredictability is just incredible in the Championship. Bad touches all over the place. Keepers much more humanlike. I wish i recorded some of the incredible things that happened. The sheer variation in goals, my god, from beauts to the most amazing scrummages. Which reminds me.. i'm off playing! Lets enjoy it while it last 🥰.

I've really enjoyed games with championship teams, even in exhibition.
Are you playing with default tactics?

Anyone noticing more fouls? I having games with 11, 10, 8, 6 one with a penalty.
Only noticed 9 fouls from Barca last night when I played them with CrystalPalace.
i had 3.
Edited first French league last night. Still a few leagues to go but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. :)

Lost with Renne vs. PSG 2 times, when editing was done and I had to test the tactics. But still fun!! :)

Last edited:
ive just lost again in international cup final against italy, both goals were me trying to dribble and losing the ball in silly places and being punished both times. Final was a bit boring compared to all other games but thats Italy for you just passing and probing and hitting you when they get the chance

I hate legend difficulty.. my players are garbage and whenever cpu wants to score u have no chance whatever u do.. i win all of my matches on ss and i hate legend i dunno what to do.. i just lower my team spirit to play ss to have a challange but it has not to be the case... i love the game but cant play because of that legend difficulty madness...

I hate legend difficulty.. my players are garbage and whenever cpu wants to score u have no chance whatever u do.. i win all of my matches on ss and i hate legend i dunno what to do.. i just lower my team spirit to play ss to have a challange but it has not to be the case... i love the game but cant play because of that legend difficulty madness...
my players are unresponsive on legend till they control the ball the cpu comes with light speed and makes a super human tackle .. of course ref says play on... and then a perfect through ground ball of 30 meters just to the feet of their striker.. and a perfect shot just to the corner... that easy to concede a goal

Going back to the dribbling debate it's clear that the odd feint or stepover works now and again.

However when you're hurtling down the wing at 100mph and cut back to find the defender chasing you has already stepped into your path, or when you have a clear chance to shoot or cross but cut in or out suddenly only to find that your marker has mirrored your movement exactly. These things worked in previous games. There is no way that a defender would read your movement in these situations, not to mention being one step ahead. So I maintain that dribbling is insufferable, cheating bullshit.

Will post videos if needed, but I'm sure everyone knows what I mean.

Absolutely. Most infuriating element of an otherwise decent game to me. You take, say, Coman and run at Chiellini who is jogging towards you at an outside-pointing vector, you decide to cut in and within the next split second Chiellini is not only in front of you, he also took the ball away basically ignoring the inertia that 85 kilos in motion should be creating.

It‘s like a magician‘s trick and the question is again why they needed to design it that way, because it wasn‘t an issue in the demo.

Absolutely. Most infuriating element of an otherwise decent game to me. You take, say, Coman and run at Chiellini who is jogging towards you at an outside-pointing vector, you decide to cut in and within the next split second Chiellini is not only in front of you, he also took the ball away basically ignoring the inertia that 85 kilos in motion should be creating.

It‘s like a magician‘s trick and the question is again why they needed to design it that way, because it wasn‘t an issue in the demo.
And the referee ignoring the body tackle of the CPU player to yours.

Do you get notification like can't not copy images for some teams with pesuniverse v3.. ? i wonder how to solve it..

No issues here. Dont forget to delete all imported images (via PES edit menu) and your edit file beforehand (via PS4 menu). You will loose any edits you have made yourself ofcourse.

That's good to hear.

I decided to start a ML with Spurs this evening and had 1 game against arsenal. The CPU pressure felt like the good ol script from 2018/19.

I'll probably try and keep replaying that match to see if its winnable but the distinction between that game in ML and exh mode is large - at least in exh mode I can actually get of my half and get a few decent chances.

If my attempts to win fail, I'll give the default line up a go based on your experience.

First ten matches i was on fire, scored maybe 1 out of 3 chances. Sure, i had frustrations, but in a good way; it felt fair and challenging. Then, come december, my players started to get tired and this made them feel a lot more sluggish and unresponsive. I had to work harder, way harder but not reaping any rewards. Lost my last 5 matches, none of them felt deserved. Every match i became more nervous in front of goal and every match i had more trouble to restrain myself from going all in after getting behind due to this one little mistake.

The club is in crisis now. Thankfully my next match two new CV's will have joined my squad. It will take some time until they have adjusted but i am confident this upgrade will help me get on my feet again.

Despite all the frustrations, i am not at the point where i want to throw my controller trough my tv. After a minute of cooling down, I can accept my defeat and look forward to my next match. For now i can enjoy the struggle. Yes, i must admit this crisis feels somewhat 'scripted', but not to an extend i feel like i have never stood a chance to begin with.

Knowing i was naive and did not make any transfers in the beginning of the season, this was to be expected. If i did fix my weak spot right away, i would have a stronger squad to begin with and could rotate more to prevent fatigue. Also, it took some time to learn the team and the right tactics that work for me and the players.

I've really enjoyed games with championship teams, even in exhibition.
Are you playing with default tactics?

I think so, i havent changed anything regarding opponents. Just using what the option file contains (and i dont believe Championship has Klashman tactics).

My own team tactics i did change ofcourse. The minimum i do before every match is configure man marking. Except for my attackers, i let every player mark someone. If the opponent plays with a single striker, i let both of my CV's cover him if he is fast and/or strong. I make my half way or 65min subtitutions and adjust my defence/attack levels according to the scoreline.

But the most enjoyment i get from trying different things during the match based on how things are working out. I know my bench pretty well by know, which helps turning things around. Its really satisfying to take a step back when you feel somewhat lost and try to rationalize your way out of it with some subtle changes to your formation. I know i could of prevented a turnarounds in the last ten minutes if i had took the effort to adjust my gameplan accordingls. Sometimes i just dont have the patience. It takes a certain mindset and playing ML does help to put you into that mindset. Ugh, sorry for derailing 🤐.

I played 1.00 for weeks and yes its closest to the demo. Its better I think than the demo.

There is no way to import the option file on ps4 1.00. No way in hell I'm afraid.

Thank you very much for your help and kindess. Much appreciated for sharing this info. Too bad about option files though, but at least we have the best version possible.

Thanks once again!

Only noticed 9 fouls from Barca last night when I played them with CrystalPalace.
i had 3.
Edited first French league last night. Still a few leagues to go but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. :)

Lost with Renne vs. PSG 2 times, when editing was done and I had to test the tactics. But still fun!! :)

I just went a full season without winning or conceding a single pen.

Also the AI slide tackling is better than prime Nesta and Maldini combined even when its a 70 rated ST.

First ten matches i was on fire, scored maybe 1 out of 3 chances. Sure, i had frustrations, but in a good way; it felt fair and challenging. Then, come december, my players started to get tired and this made them feel a lot more sluggish and unresponsive. I had to work harder, way harder but not reaping any rewards. Lost my last 5 matches, none of them felt deserved. Every match i became more nervous in front of goal and every match i had more trouble to restrain myself from going all in after getting behind due to this one little mistake.

The club is in crisis now. Thankfully my next match two new CV's will have joined my squad. It will take some time until they have adjusted but i am confident this upgrade will help me get on my feet again.

Despite all the frustrations, i am not at the point where i want to throw my controller trough my tv. After a minute of cooling down, I can accept my defeat and look forward to my next match. For now i can enjoy the struggle. Yes, i must admit this crisis feels somewhat 'scripted', but not to an extend i feel like i have never stood a chance to begin with.

Knowing i was naive and did not make any transfers in the beginning of the season, this was to be expected. If i did fix my weak spot right away, i would have a stronger squad to begin with and could rotate more to prevent fatigue. Also, it took some time to learn the team and the right tactics that work for me and the players.

I'd just like a master league experience with MY player stats , MY tactics, MY playing skills taking precednce and the game reacting to MY results .

ML makes me sad. I really need to stay away from it.

In exh mode the game is within a 15 min match

In ML the game is within a 38 x 15min season.

I guess its all about what you like but I just dont got time for manufactured results and waiting for things to happen cos the game let it be.

Perhaps its all there but II just don;t see it. Maybe I'm just too impatient now for this game - I've just given way too much time to this game in the past and bad ML experiences have left their mark.

Anyone play on fan view? I never considered it before as you cant see the beauty of the players etc but it makes playing manual a joy. Spotting plays and passes like never before :)

Really? So if I play as wigan and get promoted I play in Premier league following season with the same squad? Does this apply to qualifying for Europe too? I just thought you played a season and then that was it
yeah yeah, everything is there in league too. its only missing the transfers, the player development and the finances parts

yeah yeah, everything is there in league too. its only missing the transfers, the player development and the finances parts

Sounds alright actually. I played a season as Tottenham on PES 2018 and it went into a pre-season and second season which I didn't expect.

I've been playing the demo to see whether or not I should commit to the purchase. What are the stadiums like in league/ML mode? Are they all with shadows during the day games or do you have some where the daytime lighting changes? I'm aware there may be some dynamic weather happening but wasn't sure on the daytime lighting as I don't think you can change the time of day like on FIFA. I'd probably be playing 7-8 min halves.

On Xbox one, can you change commentary language?

There is also a Euro DLC planned to come out next year?

has anyone else experienced anything different other than the chairman giving you only 3 targets for the season, win the league, qualify for europe and finish top half, it doesnt seem to change which ever team you take control it seems. Another cheap copy and paste job by konami, it their standard these days when it comes to master league, not surprised either

has anyone else experienced anything different other than the chairman giving you only 3 targets for the season, win the league, qualify for europe and finish top half, it doesnt seem to change which ever team you take control it seems. Another cheap copy and paste job by konami, it their standard these days when it comes to master league, not surprised either

They've progressed with the gameplay this year. I hope they just stick with this as a base rather than rework the gameplay again for 2021 and they concentrate on delivering a well thought out ML experience for 2021. Menu upgrades and all.

Show-the-pesfans-you-know-football-rather-than-pachinko machines kind of thing.

Sounds alright actually. I played a season as Tottenham on PES 2018 and it went into a pre-season and second season which I didn't expect.

I've been playing the demo to see whether or not I should commit to the purchase. What are the stadiums like in league/ML mode? Are they all with shadows during the day games or do you have some where the daytime lighting changes? I'm aware there may be some dynamic weather happening but wasn't sure on the daytime lighting as I don't think you can change the time of day like on FIFA. I'd probably be playing 7-8 min halves.

Im really not sure about the stadiums tbh. Possibly it still depends on the region you play which are locked and not.
Lighting is different depending on the season you are in, also shadows move from first half to the second. But no live/dynamic shadows.
Im on pc.
As for the euro no info yet when it comes. I would guess at the start of the euro or bit before like last time.

I finally found a solution to difficulty problem. I play legend against teams on my star level or stronger ( u can check how many stars teams have on team information menu of master league) and i play ss with weaker teams.. that balances scripting handicapping... try that .. if you play top player make it ss for even and stronger teams...

When I played Mallorca I also had "Avoid relegation", since they just got promoted to La Liga (which I thought was cool).
But yeah, in general - puddle depth.

Don’t buy this game for ML. It gets incredibly frustrating and boring after a while. It’s scripted to hell.

To answer your question, the stadiums and lighting look terrible. Yellow pitches, especially evening games where they look toxic yellow under the floodlights. Licensed stadia like Old Trafford have police holding GUNS.

English looking stadia like the fake Villa one have foreign advertising boards everywhere so it feels like you’re in Sweden, not the Premier League. Plus there’s only 1 or 2 English looking grounds, the rest are huge Italian 60,000 seater jobs.

I’ve got a Milan save and the San Siro pitch is the worst of all. Terrible pitch texture, super bright yellow - it’s so ugly and not what a football game should look like on a PS4 Pro in 2019.

It’s real amateur stuff from Konami again, the presentation is simply terrible. You’ll have large parts of every match in silence - then the game remembers there’s a crowd and they’ll sing for a minute before going back to silence again. And when they do sing it sounds like it was made on an Amiga 500.

Game plays great in other modes like exhibition matches or league - but again this just gets super boring after a few matches.

The series is stuck in early 2000s, they’re never going to change.

Last edited:
Take a look if you can to Vanilla 1.0 version:
it's the closest to the beautiful demo.
Scripting (Top Player) is not too noticeable in M.L. and the gaming experience is very rewarding.

When I played Mallorca I also had "Avoid relegation", since they just got promoted to La Liga (which I thought was cool).
They actually cut more great things about the master league as well, don’t understand why they do is, they got rid of the development of players you sent over to another club , for example In the past you’d get an update in your feed where they actually developed, instead it’s just the overall they show that’s increased, it’s pathetic to be honest but then again I didn’t expect much in the first place and same shit will happen next year

I moved mid season to Ajax and from 1 until 17 January that i am now, nobody told me anything about teams objectives.
Ok it is Ajax , it is obvious that Eredivisie is the target, but there is nowhere to find about.
Only the cliché interview on 1st of January, asking me how do i want my players to play: you know the usual no effect " i want to see sportsmanship" answer. ..

Back
Top Bottom