eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

Problem is - a lot of the ones that are left are still not fouls. And a lot of proper fouls are still not given. The only thing changed was the average number. Its not like they fixed referees or anything. They just reduced the the amount of impact collisions that were causing fouls by increasing effectiveness of tackling pressure. So its not like its good now coz its fixed.

Edit:
Speaking of...
"Fouls are fine..."

Fouls, referees and everything around that is so broken that they attempted to do something with the demo yet it backfired. They really need to entirely rework the system.

the game within the game is figuring how to unlock the full potential of the game.

i like to hear from folks who hate the game and those who don't. then i like to read what they are doing and then either do that or avoid it.

some of us will have various parts of the golden key - its just about uniting and putting it altogether,

(yeh should be a more rounded, more complete game but its what we have been given to work with so flow with it and figure it out)

Like ive stated before their are fouls and loads of videos demonstrating - i am averaging 5 per game not including advantages. The demo was good to start with as was version one as you went from zero in 2019 to 7 or 8 in the demo except they weren't fouls. It felt good initally but it would soon become infuriating being awarded or giving away fouls that simply weren't. I prefer it now the only thing i would change is more penalties.

Yes there are some but they are not called equally. They arent consistent. Not even the cards. The demo at least had some kind of feature where you couldnt spam recklessly the tackling button from behind. I would have rather that what we got now. Now the vanilla game can venture to wrestling territory with no fouls called. Anyway the whole foul system is broken as long as last man sliding tackles are yellow cards and as long the ref cant punish two players with cards after two advantage played, or as long the ref doesnt call the obvious fouls within the box.

i have to say : saving ML data as generic save data without any basic details of the save like team chosen is primitive.

i'd expect more quality (outside of gameplay) after 3-4 years of this trash interface.

Nice to see someone here playing with one team of my city, my father was a supporter of America.
One of this guys with good overall is Matheusinho? A few months ago the media here was talking a lot about him.
I frequently play with Atletico MG and include Ronaldinho in the squad. Just like in 2013... I love having the modern version of him, it's like he never left.

Serious question here no ranting involved but are any of you who are using lower ranked teams in ML able to even do anything on superstar?

the CPU have much faster animations than me
they recover at lightning speed if i break through
my players always take a first touch that loses the ball in crucial moments no matter their stat
I dont win crosses or headers on corners unless i get lucky with super cancel
I can't outrun anyone unless its by the corner flag
long shots go cm wide every time in some stupid dramatic way
the ball bounces for the CPU in the most obvious ways
The CPU defenders are OP to hell
my CF will stand behind the great wall of china camped on the edge of the AI box and no tactics help me pull them in the play in front of the CPU back 4 and stay close to my midfield when im on the attack they just stand 30 yards away and mostly get called offside if i feed them from that distance

Its like playing a game that is coded to stop you doing anything I even did a test and made a 99 rated CF for my team in ML serie B and he played like a donkey his 99 speed stat was like 75 ect ect Im a bit at a loss really where the enjoyment is meant to come from am I meant to just exploit to score since almost every avenue is blocked off by cyborg AI?

In my last match I played some beautiful stuff by the box and a backheel to my AMF got him through he must have been 6 yards in front of any AI player on the 18yard line i took one touch and before i could even get to the next animation 2 defenders who were likely rated 65 or so recovered in comic fashion and stole the ball away it just took all the fun out of the game all that skillful play only to just be told nope your not going to score

I do want to like the game it has its positive aspects but they have just gone way overboard with ruining the ability to pull off things in the game and create some great goals and moments i can't go down to top player because I murder the CPU and Superstar isnt even all that difficult i only really lose 2-0 or 1-0 plenty of 0-0 draws so defending isnt an issue for me overall I can hold my own but going forward is just too limited

Last edited:
Problem is - a lot of the ones that are left are still not fouls. And a lot of proper fouls are still not given. The only thing changed was the average number. Its not like they fixed referees or anything. They just reduced the the amount of impact collisions that were causing fouls by increasing effectiveness of tackling pressure. So its not like its good now coz its fixed.

Edit:
Speaking of...
"Fouls are fine..."

I had the same situation last week.
I was going on a 1 on 1 with the keeper and AI slide tackled me from behind.
The ref didn´t call it though...no foul, no card...nothing.
I was sooooo mad!

I had the same situation last week.
I was going on a 1 on 1 with the keeper and AI slide tackled me from behind.
The ref didn´t call it though...no foul, no card...nothing.
I was sooooo mad!
Same here. I had nothing, a yellow and one red card when my striker got hacked down from their last man. So it’s all there, just super inconsistent. Sad that is.

...when i mentioned it, here on evo-web lot of people said there is no problem with it, just defend with the keeper manually thats just good as it is. Even the comment above me says its okay. Efootballers love the end to end game thats why its end to end. And i am who loves the barebone ML as i wrote.

I don't remember anyone saying there was no problem.
Lots of people mentioned what you could do to minimise the issue. That's really not the same thing at all.

Sorry for the repost guys, but the forum is a bit more active these days. Would you say that this is the stadium camera setting without any angle to it? Tried it before, but i'm not completely convinced?
Try 0 - 4 - 2 I thought that was extremely close to it last night.

Those vids you posted got me starting a Serie A season last night on Superstar, Loved every minute of it and scored this beauty with Ronaldo...

Loving these style gifs, i had to try it...

ezgif-5-ac1bc98434cd.gif

This game becames so cheated after this latest patch dude.

CPU just runs and bump my players from behind and no call by the referee. I dont matter that he make wrong calls against me, what makes me furious is that he dont give me any fouls at all!

Today I score a beaty from long range, but then the CPU score in a so cheap way thats spoil all the fun. You have too put so much effort to score but it seems that the CPU just score whenever it wants it!

It seems the more you restart a match more cheated the game became. Lost 5 in a row.

CPU goalkeeping is way way much better than user's.

Sorry for the rant. Dont know what this f...ers from konami what anyway. They keep changing the f..ing game dude! Again, sorry for the rant.

Diffculty Superstar

Manual Shots.

Edit: Anyway:

Last edited:
The latest gif just looks so good... :APPLAUD:

Yeah...the kind of blurry gifs make it look so real.
The nice thing about playing fuma is....I really wanted to pull of this pass and it worked!
It was no blind action as in "I´ll just pass it in the box...let´s see what happens!".

This is from the same match:

SmartSelect_20191217-152945_Gallery.gif

(Strange...it only shows the gif while I type this post...anyway, here´s the link: )
https://s5.gifyu.com/images/SmartSelect_20191217-152945_Gallery.gif

Not a big deal, but unfortunately the replay doesn´t show what happened a couple of seconds before.
That pass was done by Biabiany and with him I intercepted a pass of the AI via slide tackle.
Quickly got up and passed the ball to Lobato here. That looked so awesome!
Also then how I out-dribble the keeper, just by chaging direction with the left stick.

Great game!
It was the 2nd leg of coppa italia against AS Roma who won the first leg.

Yeah...the kind of blurry gifs make it look so real.
The nice thing about playing fuma is....I really wanted to pull of this pass and it worked!
It was no blind action as in "I´ll just pass it in the box...let´s see what happens!".

This is from the same match:

SmartSelect_20191217-152945_Gallery.gif

(Strange...it only shows the gif while I type this post...anyway, here´s the link: )
https://s5.gifyu.com/images/SmartSelect_20191217-152945_Gallery.gif

Not a big deal, but unfortunately the replay doesn´t show what happened a couple of seconds before.
That pass was done by Biabiany and with him I intercepted a pass of the AI via slide tackle.
Quickly got up and passed the ball to Lobato here. That looked so awesome!
Also then how I out-dribble the keeper, just by chaging direction with the left stick.

Great game!
It was the 2nd leg of coppa italia against AS Roma who won the first leg.
Man, you are preaching to the choir!! :D
As I mentioned, I played a PA1 match last week and I could only scratch my head how restricted that feels and is, and how that can be fun. For me it isn’t!!
What is fun for me: pulling of those individual passes to EVERY spot on the pitch!! Free as a bird. :LOL:

The difference in what you can achieve and how it looks is night and day, imo!!
But I guess we all agree that fuma gives a lot of more options.

Nice to see someone here playing with one team of my city, my father was a supporter of America.
One of this guys with good overall is Matheusinho? A few months ago the media here was talking a lot about him.

yes! its actually Matheusinho, young attacking midfielder who can dribble very good but is very fragile.
He'll get better! He needs to eat a little more

I am one of those, that actually think legends players in Master League is a fun way to remember the old days. Last year I was downloading an option file with every one of them in it. This year I did the same, but it seems like the only way of getting them inside is through ‘’load MyClub’’ data…

Can anybody confirm this?

I am one of those, that actually think legends players in Master League is a fun way to remember the old days. Last year I was downloading an option file with every one of them in it. This year I did the same, but it seems like the only way of getting them inside is through ‘’load MyClub’’ data…

Can anybody confirm this?
You can also, basecopy them over a fake player, or transfer them to an already existing club. They will just not have the gameplan thumbnail as they do when imported from Myclub.

Man, you are preaching to the choir!! :D
As I mentioned, I played a PA1 match last week and I could only scratch my head how restricted that feels and is, and how that can be fun. For me it isn’t!!
What is fun for me: pulling of those individual passes to EVERY spot on the pitch!! Free as a bird. :LOL:

The difference in what you can achieve and how it looks is night and day, imo!!
But I guess we all agree that fuma gives a lot of more options.

Actually, I thought of trying PA1 since many people (also in this community) stated, that this year PA1 is good.
But no...I don´t wanna go back.
I also believe that there is a different experience in playing this game with assisted settings.

So many times, I have misplaced passes and shots and think for a second "I should turn on basic shooting at least".
But I don´t do it and just think "next time, I´ll make it" and when you finally pull of nice passes and shots...it´s so rewarding!

Loving it!

I frequently play with Atletico MG and include Ronaldinho in the squad. Just like in 2013... I love having the modern version of him, it's like he never left.
How do you flesh these players dude? i tend to create almost every player from past decade, that i grew up with them,but i tend to create them in their current day incarnation, so instead of some signature stats and traits , they are mostly some 35+, 40+ years old players, that you have to wait them to regen, so you can unlock their full potential.
The problem is KONAMi has a very different formula from the one i choose to create them realistic, i do not like a 42 yo Ronadlo in my ML database, playing for Brasil NT and i use to combine stats they had during their last appearance in PES, plus some decline formula in physical key stats, speed/stamina/body power/jump etc.
Then watching at KONAMI's official current day players, i see a 81 OPR, 39 yo Ronaldinho which is "ok-ish", but his stamina is 70, which is unacceptable for a veteran having stopped football 5 years now and while there are professional footballers-youngsters in game database , with lower than 70 stamina. i strongly believe that Ronaldinho in his current day situation, should have lower STAMINA than anyone professional footballer under 23 years old. The same happened with Beckham last year, 43 yo, 66 STAMINA (bearable) , 71 speed, 76 explosive power (very OP for a 43 years old).

I understand that these players were created for MyClub and should be viable, but Beckham had 75 SPEED during his prime version on PES 5.

You can also, basecopy them over a fake player, or transfer them to an already existing club. They will just not have the gameplan thumbnail as they do when imported from Myclub.

Last year i think they were just unassigned? I always played and then waited to see which clubs who picked them up.

I won't start a new Master League i think, so i guess it isn't an option for me to get them into the game :(

Actually, I thought of trying PA1 since many people (also in this community) stated, that this year PA1 is good.
But no...I don´t wanna go back.
I also believe that there is a different experience in playing this game with assisted settings.

So many times, I have misplaced passes and shots and think for a second "I should turn on basic shooting at least".
But I don´t do it and just think "next time, I´ll make it" and when you finally pull of nice passes and shots...it´s so rewarding!

Loving it!
Do it mate! Just one match with the settings you usually play on and change only PA1 and basic shooting!!
After all those years it’s even more pronounced to me and I’d like to know how you feel about it.

And yes, im thinking about such stuff as well. Man, i did some serious head scratching in the past regarding football video games; PES and the other game in particular. Be it comparing titles, one titles feature or some ingame stuff with real life... I couldn’t have done it without some big ass passion (for the sport AND the games).
There are good times and bad times. Love and hatred. Passion and indifference. Loud & proud and calm & thoughtful. Appreciation and insignificance. Add a little of everything in between, and you don't wonder how far you've come together. ;)

Ok an update on my PES2020 Experience. Not been on here in a while so have missed a lot of the feeling and chat for the game.

Fouls.
I feel its a mixed bag. The amount of fouls given is probably about correct for what is a 12min match of computer Football.Maybe slightly too few going to the Human player.
However the type of fouls are stupid. Its mostly 50/50 body barging into each other and the decisions dont always go to the correct team.
I did have one crazy master league match where the AI was kicking me about. I mean proper sling in from behind fouls and the side etc. It was weird, tottaly different from any other game i had played. Brilliant though.

Master League
Having a great time with it. Pushing for promotion now from Spain L2 with Real Zaragoza. I have games that feel easier than others due to momentum(or whatever) and games that just want you to loose. Then there are the middling type of games where there is great balance and its great when these happen, real tense stuff.
If you approach the game with the attitude that not every game is going to be excellent and some will seem to script against you and frustrate you then you will enjoy it more. Like real life not every game in a football teams season is a classic.

Head to Head Local match
Great fun. Best PES since PES6 .
There was a poster earlier who pointed out how bad games from 2001 look now, i think a lot of the glorifying of these older games is misty eyed nostalgia. Try one now and you will be bored within a days play.

MY Club
Not my bag online gaming but have put in maybe 10 games or so. It just seems very ruber-banded gameplay with a huge catch up algorithm going on.
Its stupid as well, Messi, Ronaldinho, Kroos playig in my Rangers team. Theres no realism.

I have not liked a PES game since PES 6 so i defo do not fall under the 'fanboy' category. Although it is a Pro Evo site so surely this place should be full of PES fanboys? Isnt that the point of fan sites?
PES fanboys, the one that call themselves true fans like to parade about complaining about the game saying it's for the better good, makes it difficult to express any enjoyment because you get made to feel stupid enjoying the game it truly baffles me at times.

I think those guys played PES one year liked it and stuck around talking about something they barely play anymore spreading mass amount of negativity belittling anyone who disagrees.

Back
Top Bottom