eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

Konami can churn out utter turgid cr*p every year yet the people will defend it until they're purple in the face.

Maybe because there is something good with the game? You can't really dismiss people liking the game as fanboys.
I am very vocal about things i dislike yet i can see why they enjoy it even if i would like Pes to be so much more than what it is now.

Also, i don't see the yellow pitches either.

Maybe because there is something good with the game? You can't really dismiss people liking the game as fanboys.
I am very vocal about things i dislike yet i can see why they enjoy it even if i would like Pes to be so much more than what it is now.

I can't understand why people come and post on here over and over slating the game, if i thought it was that bad i just wouldn't play it. Why try and ruin other people enjoyment in the good that they see in the game. I am loving it again now doing leagues and cups fuma top player. No yellow pitches, getting around 4 - 6 fouls per game, game flows lovely on 15 mins against the AI. I paid £30 delivered and already got my moneys worth and i will carry on playing until next release

Just watching the radar on the ISS2 video you can see that the positioning fundamental were right while they are not in the past editions. Not sure when we have to go back to have a pes with this implemented properly. I am pretty sure/confident that this is down to a design decision instead of a coding limitation, sadly...

Dont forget the "on rails" and "8 directional passing" features, those were giving PES a chess like feature because you could only move in a certain way on the ptich, making the build up more complex. Like the tank controls and the fixed cameras in RE. Those limitations were fundamental features of PES which are not well substituted nowdays as we have open midfield play/end to end football and very low interception rate and wrong pass rate..

I can't understand why people come and post on here over and over slating the game, if i thought it was that bad i just wouldn't play it. Why try and ruin other people enjoyment in the good that they see in the game. I am loving it again now doing leagues and cups fuma top player. No yellow pitches, getting around 4 - 6 fouls per game, game flows lovely on 15 mins against the AI. I paid £30 delivered and already got my moneys worth and i will carry on playing until next release

Why come here and praise the game's broken features as well all the time? Makes no sense to annoy those who still visit the forum and dont like the game that much. :BRMM:

I can't understand why people come and post on here over and over slating the game, if i thought it was that bad i just wouldn't play it.

Yeah, I think at some point if you consider the game beyond any salvation, you should kinda give it a rest.

I'm not talking about rightful criticism, but when I see the same sour memes and the same desperate rants about the game being an absolute, hopeless cesspool, I always ask myself if there is somebody pointing a gun to people's head to endure the terrible Pes 2020 torture.. lol.

Why come here and praise the game's broken features as well all the time? Makes no sense to annoy those who still visit the forum and dont like the game that much. :BRMM:

In this thread people post their opinions about the game. The best way to discuss is admitting it's our own idea about the game and not acting like what you say should be accepted by everyone as truth disrespecting other people opinions.

There is a difference beween saying: "i don't like the game, i think it's crap" and saying "Konami gets away with this crap game because of people like you defending it".

I don't see people liking the game disrespecting others saying:"you are stupid, that's why you don't like the game, the game is awesome".
I have seen people suggesting many others complaining about the game don't really understand how to play it (like telling them how to play to have more fouls) but that's actually a positive attitude to have.

Don't be mean to each other, that's all i'll say.

Shaqiri shows how to deal with approaching the goal on a tight angle.

Mané scores the only goal in a 1-1 match against Chelsea where they dominated. This was literally the only shot I had on goal.

Best to admit that these are both on basic shooting (manual passing till I die of course). I really like manual shooting this year, but the wrong foot accuracy is a bit to much for me. And now that headers seem fine on basic I find few faults with it.

In this thread people post their opinions about the game. The best way to discuss is admitting it's our own idea about the game and not acting like what you say should be accepted by everyone as truth disrespecting other people opinions.

There is a difference beween saying: "i don't like the game, i think it's crap" and saying "Konami gets away with this crap game because of people like you defending it".

I don't see people liking the game disrespecting others saying:"you are stupid, that's why you don't like the game, the game is awesome".
I have seen people suggesting many others complaining about the game don't really understand how to play it (like telling them how to play to have more fouls) but that's actually a positive attitude to have.

Don't be mean to each other, that's all i'll say.

Pretty sure there are rules and moderators to handle those cases.
I was on the point of feel free to come here to bash or praise the game all you want. As in both cases we are talking about expressing opinions within the forum's rules. But as soon as people start this witch hunting, finger pointing game at "haters" or "konami suck ups" or questioning their existence its just about time to get personal. Which also can be handled by the mods of course. But the thing that you either love or hate the game is all in your head so you have to deal with how you process other people's view on the game, others not responsible for the mindset you created about the game or the fact you belief system gets challenged by their view. And i dont mean you by you just in general you.

Look how people are loving the end to end PES2020, i hate it. Look how people love minimal fouls and the foul system wihtout logic, i hate it. Look how people love the easy free kicks, i hate them. Look how people despise the facial animations, i dont really care about them. Look how people hate the pitch in this game, i really like it. Look how people hate the barebone ML, i actually would like its simplicity if the gameplay would be any good. Look how passionate people are about online, i dont give a toss. Its that easy to have different opinions. (just to put something PES related in this comment too :D )

i dont see any yellow pictures on my 4k tv - i dont use hdr though. Just look green to me
The world is actually starting to realise a lot of people see colours differently, like what you see is not exactly the same as what another does and green is one of those that varies a lot.

Most games are starting to roll out colour blind settings and I actually found the one that begins with D, Deutronopia or something works for me and this is probably what is causing the differences here.

The world is actually starting to realise a lot of people see colours differently, like what you see is not exactly the same as what another does and green is one of those that varies a lot.

Most games are starting to roll out colour blind settings and I actually found the one that begins with D, Deutronopia or something works for me and this is probably what is causing the differences here.
You tell me? This brown raptor is a green raptor to me! :CURSE:

Just to go a bit further with the colour blind thing, do you guys really struggle to see which tab is highlighted in the game menus as well?

I do but never had the problem before so it's highly likely my vision don't work for this games palette.

Just to go a bit further with the colour blind thing, do you guys really struggle to see which tab is highlighted in the game menus as well?

I do but never had the problem before so it's highly likely my vision don't work for this games palette.
Yes, I did struggle a lot to see which tab is highlighted. Nothing to do with colour blindness. Just the way its set up.

Same with a yellow pitches. Lets not get to crazy here. Pes20 is the first where a lot of people were reporting bleached, yellowish pitches. Its not like half of the Pes population suddenly developed colour blindness. Some pitches look better than others but in general - colours are not done very well in Pes20.
Same goes to colours over saturation. Some red jerseys (Man Utd in example) looked very bright and bad.
I never had huge issues with pitches and they didnt bother me, but it has to be said that colours are not great in general. And it has nothing to do with telly, colour blindness, or anything like that. Thats just the way it is.
Same as Pes18 was colour saturated and Pes19 was washed out.

I bet though, if they added colour blind settings you would find one that worked and fixed how it looked depending on the individual, for FIFA APEX and FORTNITE I use Deutronopia settings and it just looks right, hopefully Konami follow epic and EA by adding it in.

I was so used to not seeing it that it took me an age to realise that the referee now points when the ball goes out of play! So it looks like that weird omission was a bug after all.

Yes, I did struggle a lot to see which tab is highlighted. Nothing to do with colour blindness. Just the way its set up.

Same with a yellow pitches. Lets not get to crazy here. Pes20 is the first where a lot of people were reporting bleached, yellowish pitches. Its not like half of the Pes population suddenly developed colour blindness. Some pitches look better than others but in general - colours are not done very well in Pes20.
Same goes to colours over saturation. Some red jerseys (Man Utd in example) looked very bright and bad.
I never had huge issues with pitches and they didnt bother me, but it has to be said that colours are not great in general. And it has nothing to do with telly, colour blindness, or anything like that. Thats just the way it is.
Same as Pes18 was colour saturated and Pes19 was washed out.
You on a decent HDR TV? The red of Man Yoo n Liverpool looks incredibly realistic. HDR makes a massive difference colourwise especially with the red kits if you switch between the two. Non HDR is very garish and over saturated,

Last edited:
Dont forget the "on rails" and "8 directional passing" features, those were giving PES a chess like feature because you could only move in a certain way on the ptich, making the build up more complex. Like the tank controls and the fixed cameras in RE. Those limitations were fundamental features of PES which are not well substituted nowdays as we have open midfield play/end to end football and very low interception rate and wrong pass rate..

because i dont think its broken

Look how people are loving the end to end PES2020, i hate it. Look how people love minimal fouls and the foul system wihtout logic, i hate it. Look how people love the easy free kicks, i hate them. Look how people despise the facial animations, i dont really care about them. Look how people hate the pitch in this game, i really like it. Look how people hate the barebone ML, i actually would like its simplicity if the gameplay would be any good. Look how passionate people are about online, i dont give a toss. Its that easy to have different opinions. (just to put something PES related in this comment too :D )

There is a big mistake in this, sorry mate :).

Nobody loves the game´s broken features, nobody loves the minimal fouls, the easy free kicks. the barebone ML and so on and so on.

I, as one of the positives, am enjoying the positive aspects of the game so much that I can overlook the flaws named in your post.
I do hate the broken features , I hate the stupid foul system, the easy free kicks, the dull ML and all the other negatives in this game.

But I enjoy the positive aspects of the game a lot.

Now if we had a logic foul system, better free kicks, a deeper ML, more trajectory in shots, better tactic options and so on, of course I´d love to take it.
But I can live with all that crap. On some days more than on others.
If it was gamebreaking to me, I´d stop playing this game, but it´s not.

btw...
loaded the lite version on PS4 and was kinda disappointed that you´re still limited to 5 minute exhibition games :( .

over the weekend i started a new ML campaign (TP, PA0, basic shooting, 10min) in Brasil 2nd tier as America Mineiro.
I set the transfers to low, no transfers in the first period, transfer difficulty to normal and starting budget as normal.
I decided to only look for new players using the scout, just asking for Still developing players from SouthAmerica exclusively.

This, my friends, has probably been the best footbaling gaming experience i have had.
I am using a Brasil OF which updated squads, set managers, rivalries and have large player databases..
My starting team was 30+ players wide, with a lot of promising young players and some experienced players.. with a lot of deadwood as well lol.

As i said, this team has some talent and player's abilities stand out a lot.
The 2 highest rated players in the team are both 74ovr (1AMF, 1DMF), and i'd say the average ovr in this team would be 68-69.

I don't know how this was much different from my other ML campaigns (2nd div in England & Spain), but this is on a different level.
Probably because my players and opposition are overall poor, so the good players stand out more. I can feel which players are able to dribble (not fancy tricks), which can run, which will win tackles and who are better at counter attacks/building play. I can even feel the differences on my (both rated 67) GKs.

Romario was set as manager and we are doing well. We got kicked out of the cup since the first 2 games were cup matches, but doing well standing 3rd in the league past half the season.
After the first transfer window we got a couple of players that improve the team, but are not league breakers. Gradually improving.

Got 2 young players from the Youth squad as well, including a Mexican CMF who is developing fast.
I will only get realistic players from youth squad.

Anyway, totally recommend you to play these settings.
I'll also update you if anyone is interested, and also try and do compilation for dribbling/good moments.

Cheers mates, have a good day everyone!

Look how people are loving the end to end PES2020, i hate it. Look how people love minimal fouls and the foul system wihtout logic
Minimal fouls? Only a few days ago you were saying that PES 2020 is far too easy as you can draw the AI into you get fouled and score the freekicks lol

Last edited:
Minimal fouls? Only a few days ago you were saying that PES 2020 is far too easy as you can draw the AI into you get fouled and score the freekicks lol
My last cup game against Moscow I got 6 fouls 2 of them were won by a step over then switching direction and AI dived in, looked very good to me and fitted the situation.. Some Games I have too few but 95% of games I get enough

I don't think fouls are an issue, make regular runs from midfield and like to take players on so draw a good amount of fouls from the ai and human opposition.

Sorry for the repost guys, but the forum is a bit more active these days. Would you say that this is the stadium camera setting without any angle to it? Tried it before, but i'm not completely convinced?

Yes with my gameplay mod on PC i fixed the physicality. It seems like Konami rather removed the fouls in a heartbeat with their first patch so in that way they dont have to deal with OP free kicks :D

Nobody loves the game´s broken features, nobody loves the minimal fouls, the easy free kicks. the barebone ML and so on and so on.

I, as one of the positives, am enjoying the positive aspects of the game so much that I can overlook the flaws named in your post.
I do hate the broken features , I hate the stupid foul system, the easy free kicks, the dull ML and all the other negatives in this game.

Now if we had a logic foul system, better free kicks, a deeper ML, more trajectory in shots, better tactic options and so on, of course I´d love to take it.

btw...
loaded the lite version on PS4 and was kinda disappointed that you´re still limited to 5 minute exhibition games :( .

No mistake anywhere. First Konami reduced the foul count based on official feedback. Secondly when i mentioned it, here on evo-web lot of people said there is no problem with it, just defend with the keeper manually thats just good as it is. Even the comment above me says its okay. Efootballers love the end to end game thats why its end to end. And i am who loves the barebone ML as i wrote.

Last edited:
Are we talking about E-Footballers or single player guys? About Evo-Web, about the whole community or about Twitter and social medias? About people who is fine with their perception of fouls or about people who is fine with minimal fouls?

It's starting to get a little confusing :D

Yes with my gameplay mod on PC i fixed the physicality. It seems like Konami rather removed the fouls in a heartbeat with their first patch so in that way they dont have to deal with OP free kicks :D

No mistake anywhere. First Konami reduced the foul count based on official feedback. Secondly when i mentioned it, here on evo-web lot of people said there is no problem with it, just defend with the keeper manually thats just good as it is. Even the comment above me says its okay. Efootballers love the end to end game thats why its end to end. And i am who loves the barebone ML as i wrote.
Like ive stated before their are fouls and loads of videos demonstrating - i am averaging 5 per game not including advantages. The demo was good to start with as was version one as you went from zero in 2019 to 7 or 8 in the demo except they weren't fouls. It felt good initally but it would soon become infuriating being awarded or giving away fouls that simply weren't. I prefer it now the only thing i would change is more penalties.

Sorry for the repost guys, but the forum is a bit more active these days. Would you say that this is the stadium camera setting without any angle to it? Tried it before, but i'm not completely convinced?
I thought it was very close last night, Zoomed right out, Added Height and angle off but didnt have that vid at hand. Will check it out tonight.

btw...
Make it sticky!! :EASY:

My 2nd account has spoken. ;)

It felt good initally but it would soon become infuriating being awarded or giving away fouls that simply weren't. I prefer it now the only thing i would change is more penalties.
Problem is - a lot of the ones that are left are still not fouls. And a lot of proper fouls are still not given. The only thing changed was the average number. Its not like they fixed referees or anything. They just reduced the the amount of impact collisions that were causing fouls by increasing effectiveness of tackling pressure. So its not like its good now coz its fixed.

Edit:
Speaking of...
"Fouls are fine..."

Last edited:

I have not liked a PES game since PES 6 so i defo do not fall under the 'fanboy' category. Although it is a Pro Evo site so surely this place should be full of PES fanboys? Isnt that the point of fan sites?

Back
Top Bottom