eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

When someone minimizes the issues mentioned in this game, this is the first thing that comes to mind

tenor (3).gif

Encapsulates my experience with this game perfectly lol

Did some replaying of both 19 and 20.
Both ML,with low TS.
On the ball 19 is a beauty,off the ball the CPU gets passes and shots through pretty much at their will.
Defending in both games are pretty bad due to reaction times and also CPU manages to get passes through in a very weird way,like "it's time to get a goal boys" and you can't stop it,ai team mates starts to run from the ball instead off to the ball when defending.

All in all if I'd had a choice between these two games,guess I'd play 19 for the time being.

Should really play a game on 20 with the stadium cam instead of the one I'm using now,this game feels optimized for it.
Wouldn't recommend anyone starting a ML on either of these game.
League mode maybe?

Im finding SS a lot easier on this DP8. I still didnt play any league or cup mode though.

Anyway, this game was fine a couple of DP ago. I said fine, not great or the best, but It was quite playable. Im keeping asking myself whats happening.

Yes, i feel it aswell. I can win couple games with no sweat on SS than previous patch, atleast it's om exhibition mode.

So far im not disliking Pes 19 league mode,I know 20's can be decent as well,but since I prefer most of Pes 19 mechanics (dribbling/fouls/shooting etc) I think I'll stick with that for a while

PES 2019 is like a breath of fresh air when comparing the Ai and gameplay mechanics. Played against Barcelona Ai on both 2020 then on 2019 and for me 2019 is the better more enjoyable experience. I got more satisfaction from getting beat on pes 2019 than winning in PES2020.

PES 2019 is like a breath of fresh air when comparing the Ai and gameplay mechanics. Played against Barcelona Ai on both 2020 then on 2019 and for me 2019 is the better more enjoyable experience. I got more satisfaction from getting beat on pes 2019 than winning in PES2020.
Never thought I'd chose 19 over any new game,but yeah you're right on the button there mate.
Felt fresh playing this Vs 20

Had another go. It's a fool who does the same thing ten times and expects a different result each time (and that fool is me).

I've got a Leeds save where I've replayed the same game about ten times, with different DPs. Specifically, a cup game against Luton (and I know AI is different in the cup, so I play a league game after).

Tried again. Half time, Luton have 98% pass completion. Before half time, they hit the ball four times from defender to striker. With the pinpoint accuracy of a David Beckham cross.

Nah. I could rant, rave, ask how anyone can swallow this in 2020. But I won't. I'll just uninstall it, now it's been confirmed that DP8 is the last one (not sure if that's been discussed).

See you next year for another go on the merry-go-round of insanity.

Exactly. I was playing PSG against Marseille. A derby. Nill fouls from Marseille. 98% good passing. It wasn't fun anymore. I have deleted my game, and installed something else.
The only thing that is good about PES is transfers. When you play a game, its muhhh..

Never thought I'd chose 19 over any new game,but yeah you're right on the button there mate.
Felt fresh playing this Vs 20

I really love and miss the stadium camera in PES2020 but it's not enough to keep playing a game that feels unrewarding to me. I don't hate PES2020, I just feel it doesn't tick the boxes of what I want from a pes game.

I really love and miss the stadium camera in PES2020 but it's not enough to keep playing a game that feels unrewarding to me. I don't hate PES2020, I just feel it doesn't tick the boxes of what I want from a pes game.
Same here mate,I played two games on my ML yesterday and I felt nothing,weird patterns in movements was pretty much what I took from that game.
It's just ...meh.
I feel that 19 despite its flaws is better.
I'm smart enough to stay away from ML on this game though,brings out the worst in Konamis bag of tricks for sure.

I'm going to give league mode a thorough run.

Still think it looks so much better as well

Just won another ML game 3 to go now and it's pretty exciting on Div 2 Italian , 3 points seperate top 6. My last game was 2 nil and both goals looked new to me. Both defldctions 1 looped over keeper who got finger tips on it and the other deflected off same defender under the commited keeper and pea rolled over the line. There were also instances were I though AIs deffo going to score here and they put it wide

Having now won the Danish, Italian and English leagues in league mode, one small thing I miss from the old games is the "throphy room". It had blanks of all the league and cup thophies you could win in the game and they'd be filled out when winning a league or cup.

That way you could set yourself goals and see your achievesments and say to yourself that you sort of completed the game if you won them all.

Anyone else miss this?

Having now won the Danish, Italian and English leagues in league mode, one small thing I miss from the old games is the "throphy room". It had blanks of all the league and cup thophies you could win in the game and they'd be filled out when winning a league or cup.

That way you could set yourself goals and see your achievesments and say to yourself that you sort of completed the game if you won them all.

Anyone else miss this?

I also miss the stadium gallery feature (not sure what it was called), where you take a cinematic view of all the stadiums while they're empty.

Thought I'd pop on and see how this yrs game has been treating ppl. The last 3 pages are basically a copy n paste of the previous 10 years of Pes forums lol.
'there's definitely 100% gameplay changes with this patch! It's awesome now'
'it's placebo, I see no difference what so ever, it's still crap'

Went through my 'angry' years at Pes from '14 - '17.
'18 - '19 were the disappointed years.
'20 was the year it tired me out, and I feel close to nothing for this franchise anymore. Something I thought would never happen. Been playing religiously since pes2, but forcing myself to 'have fun' over the last 5yrs, saying I'm gonna give it miss next yr, gonna defo give it a miss next yr, 11th hour... fck it I'll give it one last try lol.

Played the recent iterations less n less each year, but '20 was a record for me. I made it just passed the 1st month and was done. I had my best ever undefeated streak online and quit playing because of zero fun factor. I think that's when the penny finally dropped for me. Tried the completely revamped ML which ended up just being new cutscenes at the start of a campaign. Same COM AI, same COM end game stats & I was done.
Only changes I foresee for next yr is their microtransactions mode will remove more options to spin the wheel of fortune from playing games, and increase the pay2win real money gambling. Gameplay will be a little more automated, or should I say 'contextual' lol.

Maybe they'll change the name again: Esports Interactive Simulated Soccer 2021 Coach Mode edition
Pre order the super deluxe edition for a legend player (3 game loan) real face to be added at later date, & 100 coins (1 player lottery costs 1,000 coins now, coins only available with credit card).
All offline modes now sold separately - released when the Konami intern finishes AI coding.

Not ready to quit my League mode on 19,had a few comebacks from the CPU ,but all in all a very enjoyable ride.
I'm playing as SPAL,worst (bottom three at least) team in the league.
This game on the ball is really really good,I'm doing stuff I could only dream of on 20.
CPU ai isn't as bad as it was,pretty good actually,pretty mixed play from them,not the old low cross inferno as I remembered.

But like I said,I'm on League mode,I know this would be horrible on a low TS ML campaign.
But so far,really enjoying it.
Who knew huh?

Anyone else miss this?
I surely do! One of those small things that used to give you a sense of achievement.

bit offtop here, but it still amazes me that every DP has some minor/major gameplay changes but patch notes says literally nothing about it

I was amazed when on PC someone released a new gameplay mod and asked for feedback from the community, which of course came in wide variety....just so the author can confirm he has not changed anything compared to the previous mod. :LMAO:

Not ready to quit my League mode on 19,had a few comebacks from the CPU ,but all in all a very enjoyable ride.
I'm playing as SPAL,worst (bottom three at least) team in the league.
This game on the ball is really really good,I'm doing stuff I could only dream of on 20.
CPU ai isn't as bad as it was,pretty good actually,pretty mixed play from them,not the old low cross inferno as I remembered.

But like I said,I'm on League mode,I know this would be horrible on a low TS ML campaign.
But so far,really enjoying it.
Who knew huh?
Have you witnessed shots outside the box from the ai? I was under the impression that they increased them in later updates but i’ve not noticed any since re-installing PES19 the other day. Tried everything to enjoy PES2020 but for me it’s impossible to ignore how disappointing the game is.

Have you witnessed shots outside the box from the ai? I was under the impression that they increased them in later updates but i’ve not noticed any since re-installing PES19 the other day. Tried everything to enjoy PES2020 but for me it’s impossible to ignore how disappointing the game is.
I've had a few,mostly shots from crosses outside the box.
But tbh,the gameplay is so much better in all other areas that it doesn't bother me.
Same here,can't go back to 20 after playing 19,it's so much better.
Still getting wow moments when I or the CPU pull things together.
Really fun playing it

Back
Top Bottom