eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

Now that I'm a working adult, I'm getting close to finally being able to afford a laptop that can at lesst run PES 2015 on min settings lol

In all seriousness, I know that gameplay mods are a thing, so I'm curious how much they impact how 2020 plays on PC

The ultimate shithousery from the AI on my own team in the ML. 3 games to go and need to win them all for promotion. I'm cruising at 2 nil (should be 4)in my first game 43 mins in the AI plays a trough ball AI scores , first attempt on target. 2nd half I dominate , zero shots from AI then on 83 mins the get in the area, I don't press anything and my left back slides in (auto slide off) and wipes out their player . Penalty 2-2..gutted

This one applies to all you offline guys. Interesting video for manual vs assisted pass behaviors. A guy started learning manual and made a video of his observations:

he says he “switched to fuma passing and realised he wasted the last 7 years being too afraid to use it and it is a complete gamechanger”

[Edited by mods to remove the weird insult, don't do that again...]

Last edited by a moderator:
if you really have to ask that... ^^ could be my poor english knowledge. never mind. we have mods.

i know you’re a sound dude. I think it’s just a misunderstanding. Whenever I’ve tried in the past to tell people that fuma is a totally different game Ive been ignored or laughed at. And I play assists on myc it’s the only way. It’s totally different. I’m not a fan. Fuma is great fun when it starts clicking & you let go of bad habits. Great video by him 👍

i know you’re a sound dude. I think it’s just a misunderstanding. Whenever I’ve tried in the past to tell people that fuma is a totally different game Ive been ignored or laughed at. And I play assists on myc it’s the only way. It’s totally different. I’m not a fan. Fuma is great fun when it starts clicking & you let go of bad habits. Great video by him 👍
alright. could've been me misunderstanding!
you sure know, i'm a fuma advocate myself! :) see my above post! you're preaching to the choir here! :LOL:

Sorry dude, it stands for “full manual”.

For me personally that means everything manual, from player control, passing, shooting to team mate control, line height and auto feint off.
ok, i set player switching to semi! ;)

what thru ball Type do you use ? I think basic is just 0 assist. Adv is surely assisted? The ball doesn’t go where I point.. I play basic. 🤷‍♂️

what thru ball Type do you use ? I think basic is just 0 assist. Adv is surely assisted? The ball doesn’t go where I point.. I play basic. 🤷‍♂️
yes, in this case its set to basic.
its a bit tricky (and we had that talk before) with passing and through passing in fuma! i can nearly do all the "through passing" stuff with the regular passing option in manual (as its free as a bird ;) )and i only use through pass (triangle button) when i want it to play the ball more forward (into the running path of my mate). but again, there is no big difference between both pasing options (when set to fuma); guess its just a leftover from the early days in my head!

everything "advanced" in this game (with the cursor on the pitch or goal and pointing backwards with the stick) i don't like!

Last edited:
Having another one of those moments where I marvel - without referring to or casting aspersions upon any one individual - at the sheer amount of effort some people feel they have to put in to make their experience acceptable, let alone enjoyable. And, as a result, we barely play the same game.

pB3UrcRyTf2rjJKPbDqxMhsXtEA=.gif

(Me = Mr Burns, lollipop = PES3)

Always been an advocate for "game plays differently when on Fuma/PA0"
Had my battles with the "no it doesn't"
So I get what you mean

This one applies to all you offline guys. Interesting video for manual vs assisted pass behaviors. A guy started learning manual and made a video of his observations:

Do you know, this has just got me a little bit interested. After DP7 hit, I did go full manual for a game or so and it did make the game very different, free etc. And the heart started pulsing a bit because there's genuine jeopardy involved. I enjoyed it but at the time was getting into fifa 20 and didnt want to keep moving between games. Now after 6 weeks not playing anything I may just give manual passing a go.

But...god in hell, what is that mod? It looks like real life. How, how, how are konami so hopeless that they cant match that?

Also, does anyone else feel that this pes feels more rigid than pes 18 and 19? It's the players, they feel like they have fewer movement points, which is a bizarre achievement on konami's part. Bravo to the boys in japan.

Do you know, this has just got me a little bit interested. After DP7 hit, I did go full manual for a game or so and it did make the game very different, free etc. And the heart started pulsing a bit because there's genuine jeopardy involved. I enjoyed it but at the time was getting into fifa 20 and didnt want to keep moving between games. Now after 6 weeks not playing anything I may just give manual passing a go.

But...god in hell, what is that mod? It looks like real life. How, how, how are konami so hopeless that they cant match that?

Also, does anyone else feel that this pes feels more rigid than pes 18 and 19? It's the players, they feel like they have fewer movement points, which is a bizarre achievement on konami's part. Bravo to the boys in japan.

I just played about 5 matches on FUMA (manual shooting as well) and I have to say, this is beginning to be a valid position. I believe the CPU mirrors the controls that the user sets. Knight does an incredible job in showing the examples, but you honestly have to play it for yourself. I'm uploading a video that shows my gameplay shortly.

Absolute shambles to my ML Italian div 2. I reach semis in play offs and draw 1-1 at home against chievo. 2nd leg away 2-2 after FT then 3-3 after extra time. So that 4-4 and I have 4 away goals and they go through ..WTF , I checked the completion status and they won the final too

I just played about 5 matches on FUMA (manual shooting as well) and I have to say, this is beginning to be a valid position. I believe the CPU mirrors the controls that the user sets. Knight does an incredible job in showing the examples, but you honestly have to play it for yourself. I'm uploading a video that shows my gameplay shortly.

He does, Matt, absolutely. He really showed off the merits so well.

As I say, I genuinely enjoyed the manual passing game I played as man city as everton, the ball physics looked better too. I just didn't want to confuse my fifa playing at the time. Going back to PA1 for dp8 was just so dire...

Will have a try later and report back and yes, show us your video.please!

Here's the gameplay. Top Player, full manual. Like I said, judge for yourself, but after playing this same match 4 other times with varying assisted values, this was the best one. The last bit was changing the shooting from advanced to manual - and right away the CPU shooting mirrored it.

I do have to try other top teams though to fully isolate these findings. Like I said KnightMD did a great job at showing examples, but you really do have to play - or at least know what you're looking for - to help validate the findings.

Enjoy -

I've been on manual passing. Manual shooting pretty much impossible with the player cam as its constantly moving

Here's the gameplay. Top Player, full manual. Like I said, judge for yourself, but after playing this same match 4 other times with varying assisted values, this was the best one. The last bit was changing the shooting from advanced to manual - and right away the CPU shooting mirrored it.

I do have to try other top teams though to fully isolate these findings. Like I said KnightMD did a great job at showing examples, but you really do have to play - or at least know what you're looking for - to help validate the findings.

Enjoy -

yeah. Don’t give up Matt. ;)
We all started like this and I still misplace stuff. That’s part of the fun for me... when It clicks from time to time... it’s pure joy.

Have you tried +1 in 2020? I found it more “snappy”.

Shame I just can’t stand that 2020 AI (PS4).
2017 plays very good in fuma though!! :)

Advanced through ball is the way to go on

Enjoy -

Great video!
And nice having you taking a crack at this mate.
I've given up on this pretty much before I started (back on 19)

I've said this in earlier posts about the AI changing style , go from manual to pa 1 in a game and the AI changes style immediately. I like the idea of manual and played it loads on fifa but the trade off is it kills stats. For example push the wrong way slightly with messi and he will kick the ball that way even into touch which would never happen , also shooting seems samey to me like I can't aim low bottom corner like on advanced

Back
Top Bottom