eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

Long time lurker, first time poster...

I thought today's patch might have drawn more attention on here, unless I'm imagining it :BORED: But my master league matches now feel as open and fair as an exhibition game? Aside from feeling a touch slower and more stable, the game feels smoother and the players less twitchy. But more importantly, it honestly looks like Konami just killed stat boosting in one patch! I know that sounds dramatic, which was my first reaction having player multiple seasons through 17-2020, but the AI is much less rabid, more patient, and no longer able to body shield/dodge every tackle within a 1/2 second time frame.

I actually lost half the matches I played but never once felt cheated on the outcome, or any individual passages of play in a single game. No longer expecting a lumbering centre half to spin like Messi before smashing it in off the bar from 40 yards.

Is anyone else seeing the same thing? I'm not sure there's a leap in the variety of AI play, but finishing an ML match on 2020 and not feeling burned, is a new sensation.

Side note - 2020 always felt smoother to play on any patch using the default Regista ball.

Long time lurker, first time poster...

I thought today's patch might have drawn more attention on here, unless I'm imagining it :BORED: But my master league matches now feel as open and fair as an exhibition game? Aside from feeling a touch slower and more stable, the game feels smoother and the players less twitchy. But more importantly, it honestly looks like Konami just killed stat boosting in one patch! I know that sounds dramatic, which was my first reaction having player multiple seasons through 17-2020, but the AI is much less rabid, more patient, and no longer able to body shield/dodge every tackle within a 1/2 second time frame.

I actually lost half the matches I played but never once felt cheated on the outcome, or any individual passages of play in a single game. No longer expecting a lumbering centre half to spin like Messi before smashing it in off the bar from 40 yards.

Is anyone else seeing the same thing? I'm not sure there's a leap in the variety of AI play, but finishing an ML match on 2020 and not feeling burned, is a new sensation.

Side note - 2020 always felt smoother to play on any patch using the default Regista ball.
Did you play an old save or started a new one after this update?

I'm sick of the same old cut animations, still the same for about 5-6 years now which is really fooking lazy. AB must know this and it's time they upped their game from editing to gameplay. I'm still enjoying ML but bouncing between this and 17 for the buzz.

Been firing up this game pretty much after every patch/update since december,playing a game and hating every second of it.
Didn't hate it when I just tried my Roma ML,didn't like it either,but guess it's a step fw.

Same old core issues though.
Feels so clunky Vs my normal Pes 19 game,like I'm playing a very old game

And I had two good chances of getting in to a 100% scoring opportunity,both screwed over by the CPU/scripting what ever you like to call it.
1 had a lane to pass to my running winger,a normal through ball,that one went off and too long,this being on PA1,I usually play on PA0,so I know how to aim a standard through ball.
And by off,10 meters to the left off what intended
2. Gegenpress
I pressed them inside their box,managed to snatch the ball,passed it 3-4 m in to the middle off the box,from the right side,just rolled past by Dzeko,he didn't even react.

Same old crap I guess,though general feeling way better than before,it's still bad at crucial things

Loose balls seem to have integrity too now and no longer immediately find a path to the first free COM player.
Felt way better,but what I just wrote in my post,major flaws still left,to me this game feels like an old game,with poor coding/massive cheating.
I don't get cheated this way when I'm playing my normal ML on 19.

Been firing up this game pretty much after every patch/update since december,playing a game and hating every second of it.
Didn't hate it when I just tried my Roma ML,didn't like it either,but guess it's a step fw.

Same old core issues though.
Feels so clunky Vs my normal Pes 19 game,like I'm playing a very old game

And I had two good chances of getting in to a 100% scoring opportunity,both screwed over by the CPU/scripting what ever you like to call it.
1 had a lane to pass to my running winger,a normal through ball,that one went off and too long,this being on PA1,I usually play on PA0,so I know how to aim a standard through ball.
And by off,10 meters to the left off what intended
2. Gegenpress
I pressed them inside their box,managed to snatch the ball,passed it 3-4 m in to the middle off the box,from the right side,just rolled past by Dzeko,he didn't even react.

Same old crap I guess,though general feeling way better than before,it's still bad at crucial things

A small step forward then! On through balls, I've always found it impossible to reach a second player who's maybe a little further forward and a little wider than a closer, more central team mate - if that makes sense? The ball will always go to the closer player no matter the strength of the pass. PA1 might be why but I've played less than one half of a match on manual.

A small step forward then! On through balls, I've always found it impossible to reach a second player who's maybe a little further forward and a little wider than a closer, more central team mate - if that makes sense? The ball will always go to the closer player no matter the strength of the pass. PA1 might be why but I've played less than one half of a match on manual.
Things mentioned still feels like obvious cheats/bad coding/help for the CPU/scripting.

It's better than before,but rigid and boring?

I'm used to banging manual crosses/through balls but they s just felt like the CPU took over

This goal I had in BAL looks offside to me, but I'll take it. Actually I find BAL quite good this year. Was picked into Wolves and I don't really feel like leaving. Unlike previous BALS I think the team mates play really well and I don't have to ask for the ball all the time. I did put the difficulty down to Professional for this mode though. The only downside is that my player has pushed Adama Traore to the bench, which makes little sense as he is usually brilliant the few times he plays.

Like an idiot, fired this up again to see what's what. Two games, both brilliant, two dramatic wins, relegation survival (just) in my ML.

Corner turned? New lease of life?

All doubts slain in the first few games of the next season. All the classics - no speed in my players' movement or passing. Compact, attritional across the pitch. AI ball into feet, Iron Arse Turn, bottom corner.

Obviously the earlier wins were to allow me to not get relegated in some drama scripting.

Fin.

Like an idiot, fired this up again to see what's what. Two games, both brilliant, two dramatic wins, relegation survival (just) in my ML.

Corner turned? New lease of life?

All doubts slain in the first few games of the next season. All the classics - no speed in my players' movement or passing. Compact, attritional across the pitch. AI ball into feet, Iron Arse Turn, bottom corner.

Obviously the earlier wins were to allow me to not get relegated in some drama scripting.

Fin.

Yeah this game...
I've tried it too,it's so poor,rigid/clunky and the team mate ai shite,plus the balls rolling passed you,very convenient for the CPU,always happening when a scoring chance pops up.

My personal view on looks?
Bad...really bad.

Tried the latest DP today and I also perceived a couple of little differences. The first thing was that my strikers were automatically shielding the ball better than before and not automatically being pushed off the ball.

I also had a moment where I was chasing a through-ball clean through on goal and the chasing defender was pulling me (not given as a foul, obviously) but rather than pull my guy to a halt and run straight past him and get the ball as usually happens, the defender pulled him 2 or 3 times but couldn't stop my guy, and he went on to score.

But the cpu responded by immediately scoring a 100% scripted ping-pong laser-guided goal, completely beyond what its stats should have permitted. The cpu-auto-goal scenario is far too commonplace, as is the every-cpu-shot-is-a-goal scenario, ie. you have 12 shots, score 2, cpu has 2 shots, scores 2.

Tried playing the same match in 2017 and it was so much better....cpu has to be creative to manufacture shots and then stats and circumstances determine that it misses most of them. The AI in 2017 feel 3 years ahead of 2020, not 3 years older.

So if this is the end of the line for 2020 then, for me, it goes down as a game that lets itself down too often with genuine game-breaking issues. At times, rather than being a football sim, it feels like an arcade game with overpowered cpu boss. Konami need to do better than this.

I also had a moment where I was chasing a through-ball clean through on goal and the chasing defender was pulling me (not given as a foul, obviously) but rather than pull my guy to a halt and run straight past him and get the ball as usually happens, the defender pulled him 2 or 3 times but couldn't stop my guy, and he went on to score.

Interestingly, in one of my three non-infuriating matches this afternoon, I had a through ball onto which the striker broke free and sped away from the defender for a genuine one-on-one. That hasn't happened to me before on Legend. The pass is always intercepted or the striker is pushed or pulled or magicked away from the locus somehow.

New season and same shit was back. Not a hope of any penetration into the final third when in possession, other than out wide.

Noticed some very subtle gameplay (dare I say "improvements") since yesterday's update. Ai attackers seemed to be using strength more often, a little more variety in build-up play and keepers seem more agile than normal.

Tried the latest DP today and I also perceived a couple of little differences. The first thing was that my strikers were automatically shielding the ball better than before and not automatically being pushed off the ball.

But the cpu responded by immediately scoring a 100% scripted ping-pong laser-guided goal, completely beyond what its stats should have permitted. The cpu-auto-goal scenario is far too commonplace, as is the every-cpu-shot-is-a-goal scenario, ie. you have 12 shots, score 2, cpu has 2 shots, scores 2.

Tried playing the same match in 2017 and it was so much better....cpu has to be creative to manufacture shots and then stats and circumstances determine that it misses most of them. The AI in 2017 feel 3 years ahead of 2020, not 3 years older.

So if this is the end of the line for 2020 then, for me, it goes down as a game that lets itself down too often with genuine game-breaking issues. At times, rather than being a football sim, it feels like an arcade game with overpowered cpu boss. Konami need to do better than this.
It is so clear to see when you play both titles back to back!! Totally different AI behavior on the pitch. It’s crazy.

Good to see some impressions of the new patch.. For me its a definite (very noticeable) improvement over the previous ver. and its interesting that some of you mentioned some changes to throughballs.. I noticed some other improvements. Here is what i posted a few days ago on the pc thread (im guessing its very similar to ps4 ver), and BTW, im only currently on Exhibition mode:

"
Hey guys, seems nobody is posting impressions re the new 1.8.1ver update...not even on the ps4 PES2020 thread, so here's my brief take. Again im seeing an improvement, and particularly noticed the following:

1. Ball, again, seems looser than before where bad passes or bad positioning leads to heavier/worse first touches. First few games it was so noticeable that there were way more dispossessions.. Sorta scrappy but more realistic for me. And it seems easier as a controlled defender to intercept passing.. I like this. Interested to see if others are noticing this also.

2. The big one and most noticeable improvement ive noticed is the increase (variation and prevalence) of 2nd phase runs off the ball by my attacking men..moving in smarter/better positions and making more intelligently timed runs. In the first 5 or so games i played last night, i scored goals id never scored before via intelligent through balls. Attacking men (controlled by ai) made better runs giving me way better options for through balls.. Noticed this improvement immediately. Again, been playing this game non stop for last few months, predominantly as Barca on Topplayer, Exhibition mode, Klashman tactics, 20mins on full manual (except with basic shooting) vs various top Spanish teams, so i noticed this immediately.

3. Minor point - noticed a few more variations in the goals i scored and conceded (including deflections off keeper and defense) i hadn't seen before.

Anyways, on pc with the variety of patches, balls, stadiums, turfs, camera mods etc (havent even touched the gameplay mods) this game is gold to me. Still addicted to this game.."

Kolbeinn Sigþórsson is back in the Icelandic team! Only about 11 months after he was again selected into the national side :LMAO:

For real though, they have done work on the national teams, at least for the Euro 2020 thing. Almost every single Icelandic player has a real face now, was barely half the team a few months ago. I think there is literally one dude with a generic face, I player I don't even know.

Last edited:
Witnessed the ai concede 2 penalties within the last four CPU v CPU games i have spectated.. The latest patch has definitely improved the ai in some key areas.

Why has the latest patch reset everything , like starting the game afresh. Even lost legendary mode
Checked mine and works as always. I assume you may triggered one of the 2~3 bugs that corrupt the data this year.

Did you deleted your edit data sometime in the year to install a fresh OF?

Mine is mostly OK. Edits are here, Legend difficulty here, restored Ansu Fati here.
Only down that the teams in PEU and PLA leagues were rearrange to the default league structure, but this is fixable in 2 minutes.

Note: my database is since day one. No new installs during year.

Last edited:
The only new bug I found in my game after update, is that some fake players in PAS league and in Mexico and USA NT, are now false flagged as "added via Live Update", which makes the editing process and especially the basecopy for NT players, a total nightmare. And I am sure I will find more as I keep searching.

I will report them the bug by email, but I give me very low chances of success, given it is almost end of July.
Report sent, wish me luck :P

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200719_033513_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200719_033513_com.android.chrome.jpg
    536.7 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom