eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

It's VERY BAD GAME!!! No no more Pes series anymore for me. I have 18,19 and 20 and it's goes all the time wrong way.. :( I dont update 20 to 21, it's same bullshit, no gameplay fix..

A few weeks back I mentioned how pes is just reflective of a gaming world which prizes everything above depth. I mentioned how cyberpunk looked increasingly disappointing and how ghosts of tsushima had gone from looking genre-defining to absolutely empty and ordinary after watching preview videos recently.

Well the reviews are in and the only (leading) sites worth reading (Metro and Eurogamer) have noted how shallow and rote it is. How utterly predictable and disappointing.

Pes 2020 really is no more than a child of its (gaming) environment which is itself a reflection of the wider world of mass entertainment. There does seem to be a turn back towards genuine depth and meaning in film and tv, albeit a slow turn. Maybe this will feed into gaming, although I doubt it.

I honestly believe our only hope for pes is sliders or a simulation mode. We here at evo web literally live in a different world to most of the kids playing the two football games today.

Would anyone care to offer their thoughts on how many years we'll be into ps5 pes before we get a genuinely revolutionary football game?
My guess is a minimum of 4 years. So pes 2025.

A few weeks back I mentioned how pes is just reflective of a gaming world which prizes everything above depth. I mentioned how cyberpunk looked increasingly disappointing and how ghosts of tsushima had gone from looking genre-defining to absolutely empty and ordinary after watching preview videos recently.

Well the reviews are in and the only (leading) sites worth reading (Metro and Eurogamer) have noted how shallow and rote it is. How utterly predictable and disappointing.

Pes 2020 really is no more than a child of its (gaming) environment which is itself a reflection of the wider world of mass entertainment. There does seem to be a turn back towards genuine depth and meaning in film and tv, albeit a slow turn. Maybe this will feed into gaming, although I doubt it.

I honestly believe our only hope for pes is sliders or a simulation mode. We here at evo web literally live in a different world to most of the kids playing the two football games today.

Would anyone care to offer their thoughts on how many years we'll be into ps5 pes before we get a genuinely revolutionary football game?
Good post.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and make a bold statement: We will never get a good PES game again.

My reasoning for this is as you have explained; the kids don't want the football game a few of us on Evo-Web want. They want to open card packs and win online slug-fests against their foe by any means necessary. They'll spend actual real life money on doing it as well. This is where the football gaming landscape is now. When you analyse it - it's absurd and it's gambling. Why don't people play for the enjoyment anymore?

If anyone wants a deep, immersive single player Master League again then they're going to be disappointed. It's not happening on console. If you've got a powerful PC then you'll be able to download mods and make the game better but many of us haven't got the time or money for that.

I've made my peace with how bad FIFA and PES are in the current climate. I've learned to accept it and I won't be buying either unless we see huge changes - which won't happen. I'll just play old football games because they make me happy. And gaming is about having fun, for me anyway.

Give me a slider that i can turn down the fouls ratio, Me-every challenge, carded. THEM-unpunished..Konami Give us a live VAR Edition, Where the Evoweb community decides.

Still have hope for a game that we want,most likely not by EA or Konami.
Football is the biggest sport in the planet,and we have two games!

Setting out hope for a new engine/machine to make this better isn't happening tbh,if they can't make it in current gen,but could on older gens,then why next gen.

Still have hope though,since we have both NBA 2k and MLB the show being sim games and Arcade game all in One,i see no reason for any other to follow that concept.

One company needs to take the first step though.
Would love if Pes had a floaty myclub for the kids and a sim mode.
Though I think we should set out hopes for a third part to make the first move.
In a global world were everything is pretty much the same no matter the country you live in,I see no problem for sports interactive(2k) taking a big cut of the football game market,they've shut down EA in basketball gaming.
I'm optimistic,and have no issue co existing with the futters if it brings us a sim game

Good post.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and make a bold statement: We will never get a good PES game again.

My reasoning for this is as you have explained; the kids don't want the football game a few of us on Evo-Web want. They want to open card packs and win online slug-fests against their foe by any means necessary. They'll spend actual real life money on doing it as well. This is where the football gaming landscape is now. When you analyse it - it's absurd and it's gambling. Why don't people play for the enjoyment anymore?

If anyone wants a deep, immersive single player Master League again then they're going to be disappointed. It's not happening on console. If you've got a powerful PC then you'll be able to download mods and make the game better but many of us haven't got the time or money for that.

I've made my peace with how bad FIFA and PES are in the current climate. I've learned to accept it and I won't be buying either unless we see huge changes - which won't happen. I'll just play old football games because they make me happy. And gaming is about having fun, for me anyway.

I didnt want to get too negative in my original post but I pretty much agree with you. I dont think we'll ever get a top quality, deep pes again. Even if they spent loads on the engine, which they wont, the design choices that underpin deep gameplay clash completely with the design choices necessary to meet the demands of those modern football gamers you described.

Sliders will never happen imo. The games framework isn't designed to support individual gameplay tweaks. It would be like a needle in a haystack trying to find an overall balance after you adjust one slider.

After reading posts from the pes 'patch' makers online over the yrs, when one thing is changed for the better gameplay wise, more often than not it'll affect 6 other things as a cause.
My guess is by 2025 Konami will have completed it's planned Pes 'evolution' into a 100% digital pachinko machine app for western customers.

First time I have played it since around xmas time and it just frustrates me too much in master league the AI are just cyborgs everything they do is so consistent it makes the game rigid and has removed all those anything can happen moments

I might reinstall my modded pes 2018 for all its faults it at least felt more fun to play 2020 saps your will to live

'New engine' huh. Skipping a year for development is essentially the right thing to do and frankly it's what I believe should be the standard.

I think the game will be better for it especially after what they went through going during the change in console generations just over a decade ago. Well at least better than whatever they might've been able to release this year.

But once again the experience that I want, and the experience than many of us want on here, is entirely dependent on what the dev team decides to prioritise. Or maybe it's more appropriate to say what Konami allows them to prioritise.

I'm skipping the teaser for now tho.

When it comes to gaming in general, I'll always have hope. But I don't need hype. Because hype is just exhausting.

Wont pretend I didnt feel a ripple of excitement seeing that trailer...

But then it reminded me of the pes 2011 teaser of messi doing tricks and dribbles which was so far from the final game, they may as well have shown an actual video of messi in a dark room.

Sorry to be so cynical but konami really so have form for these 'breathtaking' teasers...

I think the default mindset of the consumer should be skepticism; companies should have to prove to us that their products are worth our time and money. But in many ways consumers, gamers especially, have become too complacent. Too gullible, too easy to convince.

Marketing campaigns are so successful and yet so often contain such little information. And yet, some companies, some game franchises are making more and more money.

At the end of the day, your only loyalty should be to yourself and your entertainment.

hi guys sorry to bother you all but is there a good option file there for ps4, and if there is can someone link it, pesuniverse for example but idk how to find the download because they want me to pay for a free mod? Thanks everyone

Some of you guys with long memories may remember back in October time, I had a problem with stuttering gameplay on pes 20, on a new qled Samsung tv. For a long time I thought it was an option file issue, but then it started to affect the vanilla gameplay too. I tried all things, going to usb controller connection (slightly improved it), avoided changing camera angles when actually playing a match (others had this problem) and even turning off the internet modem while playing (again, occasionally produced completely stutter free gameplay, but not always).
Of course, people here did their best to help but in the end, I just had to give up and accept slightly laggy, stuttering gameplay.

Moving over to fifa 20 a few weeks ago, this stuttering largely disappeared but was still there. Then, i turned on HDR (always had it off for pes because it looked awful) and fifa became this laggy, stuttering mess, drunken mess with delayed button prompts that would queue up and then all execute in one go.

It had become almost unplayable and, unwilling to spend hours trying to fix this new issue, like I had in the winter, I just abandoned playing.

Then I came across the idea that the.lag was not controller based, but screen based, due to the hdmi cable have too narrow bandwidth to communicate with my TV fast enough. The internet is flooded with arguments.about this, some saying the standard ps4 pro cable is sufficient, others saying it's a cheap piece of crap that sony cut corners on re 4k hdr data transmission.

Today, my £25 Belkin HDMI cable arrived. And the difference was instant (I actually swapped cables mid-Match to properly compare). Smooth gameplay, no stuttering and the tiniest lag (expected with HDR 10+) or no lag at all.

I will try with pes later (I really cant be bothered putting that game anywhere near my ps4) and report back.

Long post I know but I wanted to put it here because I know this is a common.issue, shown by how many people complain about this online. Its driven me to distraction, ruining my 40 odd minutes of football gaming each week.

And many people say the hdmi cable makes no difference at all (although often without trying a new one themselves). Well, my one made a huge difference, not necessarily in picture quality (cant be bothered to compare, although colours looked slightly richer and deeper) but in data transfer.

I hope it helps somebody one day...

hi guys sorry to bother you all but is there a good option file there for ps4, and if there is can someone link it, pesuniverse for example but idk how to find the download because they want me to pay for a free mod? Thanks everyone

I think.pes world still do one?

+1

I just get ps4 and if you find patch please inform me :)

Also guys, what kind of patch is possible for ps4? Only option files and what about addons and stuff? Thanw.

has anyone figured out what is new with the new data pack because I don't see a difference apart from the gameplay feeling a little faster

There's no new datapack, it's a new patch

A new Update File (Data Pack 8.00 & Patch 1.08.01) was released on 07/16/2020.
See below for details.

■ Fixes
・ An issue that causes the game to crash when starting a new game in either Master League or Become a Legend using import data obtained from certain websites.
・ An issue where Live Updates fail to apply club data to certain players in your Edit Data. This occurs when manually applying a Live Update from the [Settings] menu after deleting your current Edit Data and then creating new Edit Data.
・ An issue where players do not gain experience in certain types of online match in myClub mode when your opponent quits at halftime.

There's no new datapack, it's a new patch

A new Update File (Data Pack 8.00 & Patch 1.08.01) was released on 07/16/2020.
See below for details.

■ Fixes
・ An issue that causes the game to crash when starting a new game in either Master League or Become a Legend using import data obtained from certain websites.
・ An issue where Live Updates fail to apply club data to certain players in your Edit Data. This occurs when manually applying a Live Update from the [Settings] menu after deleting your current Edit Data and then creating new Edit Data.
・ An issue where players do not gain experience in certain types of online match in myClub mode when your opponent quits at halftime.
So this means there won't be dp9

I hope aside with new gen, a new database structure file will come, cause the current EDIT00000.bin, although served us well for 12 years, has aged enough to cope the current Era.

Sliders will never happen imo. The games framework isn't designed to support individual gameplay tweaks. It would be like a needle in a haystack trying to find an overall balance after you adjust one slider.

After reading posts from the pes 'patch' makers online over the yrs, when one thing is changed for the better gameplay wise, more often than not it'll affect 6 other things as a cause.

My guess is by 2025 Konami will have completed it's planned Pes 'evolution' into a 100% digital pachinko machine app for western customers.

And then pes 2026 will boast the return of an actual match ball to kick around and once again pes will own the pitch as another three year cycle of revolution swings into easy motion...

0yUqAX9.png

The standard edition of PES 2021 can be pre-ordered at a special price of £24.99 in the United Kingdom or $29.99 in the United States.
Club editions (for Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Juventus, Manchester United or Arsenal) cost slightly more at £29.99 in the UK and $34.99 in the US.

Both editions will include a bunch of MyClub bonuses, particularly the Club editions:
https://www.konami.com/wepes/2021/us/en-us/all/page/order#ps4_standard

And regarding licenses:
https://www.konami.com/wepes/2021/us/en-us/all/page/license

Of course, me being Konami's bitch for a good part of the 25 years of the franchise, will preorder the moment it is available in the NA PSN store.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom