eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

Checked out the latest update. Game is still horrific.
- Direct freekicks are OP
- Cpu player id is non existent. Cpu tactical decisions are still non existent. Just remove the offline mode from 2021 and 2022 if you dont care about it.

These are gamebreakers. I highly advise everyone not to buy PES2021 with the "award winning gameplay" as thats just gives them reinforced ideas what 2022 should be.

the game is garbage

They asked me from KONAMI support to send them a video by mail, cause they cannot access external links (youtube) due to safety reasons!!! I will talk more about his latter, when the situation is finished. But now how am i supposed to compress a 300MB video to 10 MB?

EDIT: Dumped down the quality and compressed. I hope they are able to use WinRAR/WinZIP at least !!! :)

Last edited:
They've completely botched the collision system in the last few updates. Players just smash into each other and its a lottery on who retains their footing and the ball. If you go back 6 months there was at least a semblance of momentum and physical attributes at play, which you could use to your advantage. Now, even with a big targetman, if you play a pass into feet with their back to goal a CB will just go straight through you. No foul, no ability to shield.

Theres a huge delay on first touches as well which makes it impossible to make any intricate plays. Just makes every game a series endless give and go where you look to offload as soon as possible. Most goals usually coming from taking the ball off a defendee who needs 3m of space just to get the it under control.

Maddening, actually really enjoyed every version up until maybe a month ago. Even the likes of Messi or Neymar seem totally ineffective with the ball at their feet unless they're shooting.

I think it would be great for them to reintroduce a development/potential attribute. One of the most annoying things is seeing highly rated youngsters not develop because they aren't played. With a potential attribute, you could code the AI to give high potential youngsters a chance play more often.

Foul Count in my derby (league mode) vs Inter 10-8
Yellow cards 4-2
Inter stats firat
I didn't stand a chance and lost 2-1 every little trick the CPU could throw at me, they did
Passing/first touch/shooting weird desicions.
But still having a pretty good time playing it

They asked me from KONAMI support to send them a video by mail, cause they cannot access external links (youtube) due to safety reasons!!! I will talk more about his latter, when the situation is finished. But now how am i supposed to compress a 300MB video to 10 MB?

EDIT: Dumped down the quality and compressed. I hope they are able to use WinRAR/WinZIP at least !!! :)
include a link to 7Zip!

these Konami dudes need help, man!
insert links to all the tools needed to watch your video in the email! just to be sure! links to 7Zip offical page, media player classic or vlc, klite codec pack, latest windows update.... :D if you knew their machines... you could also provide chipset and gfx card drivers! ;)

you get me! :)

edit: but you did good mate. they seem to prefer dumbed down quality versions of all kind! ;)
ok im stopping now! enough of the jokes!

I have mostly played BAL lately and I notice the AI hanging on to the ball a lot more than before. I find myself shouting at them to bloody pass it before they dribble themselves into trouble. They will almost always pass it to me when I ask, but I am not always available, obviously. This goes for the other team as well, and still is a lot better than the one touch shenanigans of most of the later PESes.

Had this curiousity since some time.

Months ago there was a good group of people playing the game on consoles without updates, namely with a gameplay more similar (or identical) to the demo, so with the cpu dribbling, more variety and whatnot.

I remember a lot of them were very happy with it but I haven't read a single one in, well, months. What happened? It didn't stand the test of time? Or you guys are simply still quitely playing it with taste?

Months ago there was a good group of people playing the game on consoles without updates, namely with a gameplay more similar (or identical) to the demo, so with the cpu dribbling, more variety and whatnot.

I remember a lot of them were very happy with it but I haven't read a single one in, well, months. What happened? It didn't stand the test of time? Or you guys are simply still quitely playing it with taste?

I was one of those people. Something of an apostle in fact. We were affectionately known as the Vanilla Nutters for a while.

And in any ways, I wish I'd never downloaded the third patch because I was absolutely in love with v.1.00.

A few things happened. I became sick of the rubbish crowd sound, the variable pitch graphics, the hideous default kits.
There was also a bit too much space over the pitch. And long shots simply didnt exist

I'd made some edits and klashman tactics but just wanted an option file with Bundesliga. So I think around october time, I finally updated the game and it felt ok.

But being blunt, it was never anywhere near as good as v1.00. I remember vanilla being so soft and free and loose and far more movement points on the players. It also had tempo and rhythm that disappeared from the game, except briefly during the major patch around january time, I think, cant remember now.

So it was the option file that led me down the path of updating the game and eventually falling out of love with it.

Funnily enough, yesterday I thought about going back and giving vanilla a try. But instead I took it to Cex and sold it for a tenner.

All a bit sad now that I think about it.

The only part of the game that I can comment on, regarding reception of PES in another region and the audiences interest, would be in the Team Play lobby. UK servers have around 20-30 players most evenings... Brazil has around 150. I’m on Xbox. The UK rooms are 2 or 3 or 4 people. Locked from everyone else.
the Brazilian lobbies are open. 6 or 7 rooms with 9 or 10 a-side.
Full. brimming with life, enjoyment and fun.
draw your own conclusions from that.

and I don’t mean about pes in particular

Where did u get those numbers? We play every night and around 10:30pm Central Europe Time, there's always a minimum of 200+ people in each region (England, Germany, Netherlands)

And the part about Brazilian team play servers is even more inaccurate. Here's a daily snapshot of what it's like there:

IMG_20200622_185813.jpg

I remember @PRO_TOO being one of those guys but he eventually took his Delorean back to PES 2017 and mostly stays there since.

It's almost painful to see how this game has gone downhill during its lifetime.
I mean there's so many flaws,don't know where to start,even league mode is tough to play on this game.
Some very good stuff,but its probably one for every 5-6 bad stuff

Their are moments in Pes2020 where the gameplay is sublime but these moments are almost as rare as the ai conceding penalties. PES 2020 could have easily been one if the best Pes games to date but instead it has gradually mutated over time to be (IMO) one of the most frustrating and unrewarding Pes games over the past few years.

Their are moments in Pes2020 where the gameplay is sublime but these moments are almost as rare as the ai conceding penalties. PES 2020 could have easily been one if the best Pes games to date but instead it has gradually mutated over time to be (IMO) one of the most frustrating and unrewarding Pes games over the past few years.
So many easy shortcuts by the CPU ai when facing a hum controlled player,when you have them beat on a dribble,or on a through ball or cross, they catch you,or the pass goes way off your target,or the cross is never met/fly past you without any reaction from your player.
Easy shortcuts to keep the game even instead of a smart tough ai

Yes I am insane and have decided to play this again despite every time I do I end up being annoyed with superstar vs AI in ML

Can anyone tell me if a higher TS has an effect on your players response or pace, first touch? I have no issue outplaying the AI in general but I end up losing because my strikers have no speed burst, a terrible first touch even without holding sprint and just generally feel sluggish despite them having high ratings it's pretty annoying (i wont even bother mentioning the other issues) if I can solve this issue I might actually enjoy it a bit more

Can anyone tell me if a higher TS has an effect on your players response or pace, first touch? I have no issue outplaying the AI in general but I end up losing because my strikers have no speed burst, a terrible first touch even without holding sprint and just generally feel sluggish despite them having high ratings it's pretty annoying (i wont even bother mentioning the other issues) if I can solve this issue I might actually enjoy it a bit more

I certainly see that as an outcome of lower TS and increased difficulty levels. As far as I'm concerned, acceleration is affected more than any other trait, especially from a standing start. Means you're almost always second to the ball.

I certainly see that as an outcome of lower TS and increased difficulty levels. As far as I'm concerned, acceleration is affected more than any other trait, especially from a standing start. Means you're almost always second to the ball.

Yea it's the main one that kills me I really feel I have the defensive side to the game nailed vs the AI I enjoy that part even when they go into cyborg mode it's just the attacking that is my problem

I feel so restricted on 2020 the previous games I could create some great goals but this years feels like the AI stops you at that final crucial moment and not just a few times but every.single. time. Like a block an interception, a deflection or getting called offside stupidly or an AI defender playing x2 speed you are

I mean it would be ok if there were the odd moments the things you try came off like a moment of brilliance but it's so frustrating the defensive AI are just too clinical and reduce you to passing moves and first time shots only. I very rarely score from crosses or corners either the variety is nullified

I remember @PRO_TOO being one of those guys but he eventually took his Delorean back to PES 2017 and mostly stays there since.

No Delorean but I'm back there too. Tbf I never really left.

I put some time into 2019 again in the last week, but I know that I'll get annoyed with it so I stopped before that point for once lol.

2017 has treated me right.

I have a bit of hope for the season update if they continue to update gameplay (though they might be full throttle on the next gen title).

Yea it's the main one that kills me I really feel I have the defensive side to the game nailed vs the AI I enjoy that part even when they go into cyborg mode it's just the attacking that is my problem

I feel so restricted on 2020 the previous games I could create some great goals but this years feels like the AI stops you at that final crucial moment and not just a few times but every.single. time. Like a block an interception, a deflection or getting called offside stupidly or an AI defender playing x2 speed you are

I mean it would be ok if there were the odd moments the things you try came off like a moment of brilliance but it's so frustrating the defensive AI are just too clinical and reduce you to passing moves and first time shots only. I very rarely score from crosses or corners either the variety is nullified

I wish I felt the same regarding defence. Player switching - and how a player grinds to a halt when I switch to them - ruins it. Especially when you're on Legend and it's time for AI cocaine-fuelled tiki taka tornado. And then they accelerate like a tanker after they've ground to a halt, and by the time you're back up to speed the ball's in the net.

It was only last week (when I played after the most recent update) that I had a player sprint free from a defender and on to a through ball for a one-on-one. I thought maybe the corner had been turned but still far more bad than good.

You're right about the "odd moments" - they are what football games are based on. The game will always manage what you can and can't do in any given situation, but it at least has to throw you a bone now and then. Let me go past a full back just now and then instead of never. Let me play and latch on to a through ball now and then instead of once in 100+ games. And just give me a bloody penalty now and then!

I was one of those people. Something of an apostle in fact. We were affectionately known as the Vanilla Nutters for a while.

And in any ways, I wish I'd never downloaded the third patch because I was absolutely in love with v.1.00.

A few things happened. I became sick of the rubbish crowd sound, the variable pitch graphics, the hideous default kits.
There was also a bit too much space over the pitch. And long shots simply didnt exist

I'd made some edits and klashman tactics but just wanted an option file with Bundesliga. So I think around october time, I finally updated the game and it felt ok.

But being blunt, it was never anywhere near as good as v1.00. I remember vanilla being so soft and free and loose and far more movement points on the players. It also had tempo and rhythm that disappeared from the game, except briefly during the major patch around january time, I think, cant remember now.

So it was the option file that led me down the path of updating the game and eventually falling out of love with it.

Funnily enough, yesterday I thought about going back and giving vanilla a try. But instead I took it to Cex and sold it for a tenner.

All a bit sad now that I think about it.
:APPLAUD:

I’ll be streaming the vanilla in a few minutes.

Edit: Thanks for watching guys! I’ll be live with another match later tonight.

Last edited:

I assume during they year, they accidentaly had their games forced updated! Plus the lack of ability to import any OF.
:APPLAUD:

I’ll be streaming the vanilla in a few minutes.

Edit: Thanks for watching guys! I’ll be live with another match later tonight.
Why your video is available here but not in your YouTube channel dude?

I assume during they year, they accidentaly had their games forced updated! Plus the lack of ability to import any OF.

Can't you just delete your files and reinstall it without internet connection or whatever if that's the case? I know less than nothing about this gen consoles

Can't you just delete your files and reinstall it without internet connection or whatever if that's the case? I know less than nothing about this gen consoles
You can, but you loose any edits in the procces, cause te new edit. Bin is incompatible in previous-vanilla versions.
Although if you don't give shite about editing, or you have the mood to mess with backups in ps4, you can do the procces.

I don’t know man. YouTube editor shows it „still processing“ for over 2 hours now. Strange.

I just went live with another match, let’s see how the uploading and processing is working here. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
I don’t know man. YouTube editor shows it „still processing“ for over 2 hours now. Strange.

I just went live with another match, let’s see how the uploading and processing is working here. Fingers crossed.

How did you find it??? Was it as good as we remembered or are you just done with pes 2020 whatever the version?

How did you find it??? Was it as good as we remembered or are you just done with pes 2020 whatever the version?
Definitely the AI isn’t as rigid even when it’s more tame. Had to up the dif level. Played like 5 matches tonight with only licensed teams that I klashed! Ball is looser too.

It’s crazy how much they changed it to the worse with patches.

If only the videos would be processed. Damn.

Definitely the AI isn’t as rigid. Played like 5 matches tonight with only licensed teams that I klashed! Ball is looser too.

Watching just two mins of your video above, it looked freer and measured and yeah, that first goal, the attack looked so much better from AI.

Was it good enough to want to play some more?

Watching just two mins of your video above, it looked freer and measured and yeah, that first goal, the attack looked so much better from AI.

Was it good enough to want to play some more?
;) yes. For tonight it was.

Watch my 2 goals man! Just watch the whole match. Wish I could at least link to the second video.
Edit: here it is. :D
PES 2020 - vanilla gameplay - full manual 02

Again, it plays totally different in vanilla! If it wouldn’t I wouldn’t bother playing it. I have a pretty good version of 2017 installed. :)

;) yes. For tonight it was.

Watch my 2 goals man! Just watch the whole match. Wish I could at least link to the second video.
Edit: here it is. :D
PES 2020 - vanilla gameplay - full manual 02

Again, it plays totally different in vanilla! If it wouldn’t I wouldn’t bother playing it. I have a pretty good version of 2017 installed. :)

You're tempting me old boy...you really are!

Back
Top Bottom