eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

What are people doing to play the 1.0 unpatched game? I'm guessing on a PS4 that means deleting all existing game data and ignoring update notices or disabling wifi? Any way to do this with affecting the existing option file data? TIA

What are people doing to play the 1.0 unpatched game? I'm guessing on a PS4 that means deleting all existing game data and ignoring update notices or disabling wifi? Any way to do this with affecting the existing option file data? TIA
With the disc, you just uninstall the game (and delete all game data and saves), then reinstall, and then (continuously) cancel the updates as they're downloading forevermore. (Or untick the "connect to internet" box in your PS4's network settings.)

With the digital version... You can't. Nothing you can do.

Correct.
Install from disc.
Then I just pause the update when it pops up! 8+GB should give you plenty of time to do so. At least with my connection. ;)

You start from scratch. No option file, just edit data.

Edit: ninjad! :)

Had a quick snatched 5 mins on vanilla. Will play more tonight and update.
But...

1.00 is a very different game. Some may think better, some worse.

But those 5 mins made me wonder why in hell I ever downloaded that first DP, which I think was 3 or 4.

Game is slower. Players have more movement points. Ball slower and freer. It feels luxurious whereas later DP's felt cheap and sellotaped together.

And Aguero picks up the ball 40 yards from my goal and dribbles it full pelt towards my.back line. When I push him towards my left back, he checks, twists and turns then plays a ball back into the midfield.

De Bruyne tries this through ball which just had me bemused by how unique it looked. It was so aggressive yet completely failed in its execution. Loved how aggressive the move was. The kind of thing he does. (I'm not overstating player ID by the way. I dont remember it being amazing in the demo either, it was just a surprise to see any individuality at all).

And the game contracts and expands so organically. There is space to actually do things, time. And then it compresses around you. And of course that rhythmic tempo from the demo is still in tact.

I remember all this now, of course, all coming back to me.

Whether I'll feel the same after 5 matches I'm not sure, but it felt like a breath of fresh air. On the last few DP's I havent managed 5 passes before getting bored...

Tried both my Milan league mode on TP and my Sampdoria ML professional difficulty.
This game is so fucking bad,it's not a novelty playing older games and thinking they're good just for a brief moment etc.
This game is plain and simple rubbish,the worst on this console gen.
I'd take 15-16 (shit goalies and shit defenders) 17-18-19 before this game anyday.

I can play league mode on all other games and enjoy them regardless if the ML feels crap,this I can't.
Rubbish game!

So after a few games last night on 1.00, it's a reluctant 'no' for me.

All those initial impression positives are still there. What I'm surprised by is my feeling that overall, later patches may have overall improved the game, even with all that was lost from 1.00/the demo.

One thing vanilla lacks is guts. Real blood and thunder football. The later patches, for all their faults, could produce some ferocious matches, especially man marking changes as per Matt10.

Vanilla just has way to much space everywhere. The other game, which has been thrilling me these last two months, with Matt10 sliders (where would we be without him?) has set a new standard for compressing a pitch. On pes 1.00 you can ping 40 yard passes everywhere, along the ground, with not one player in the way.

Lots more I could say but we've all said it before. One of the major issues with pes 2020 is that its neither fish nor fowl.
It neither gives you the thrill of empowerment (the other games intricate dribbling does this) nor does it provide a cerebral strategic sim experience.
So it's just a failure.

Also playing with default kits, old squads, dreadful crowd and no long shots is just too much to sacrifice for the sake of a slightly softer, freer game.

I may try pes 2017. I played 4 seasons of ML with leicester, most of that time leaping off the sofa when I scored important goals...I've never had the feeling again...its also the only pes I stopped playing because of circumstances rather growing sick of it...

So after a few games last night on 1.00, it's a reluctant 'no' for me.

All those initial impression positives are still there. What I'm surprised by is my feeling that overall, later patches may have overall improved the game, even with all that was lost from 1.00/the demo.

One thing vanilla lacks is guts. Real blood and thunder football. The later patches, for all their faults, could produce some ferocious matches, especially man marking changes as per Matt10.

Vanilla just has way to much space everywhere. The other game, which has been thrilling me these last two months, with Matt10 sliders (where would we be without him?) has set a new standard for compressing a pitch. On pes 1.00 you can ping 40 yard passes everywhere, along the ground, with not one player in the way.

Lots more I could say but we've all said it before. One of the major issues with pes 2020 is that its neither fish nor fowl.
It neither gives you the thrill of empowerment (the other games intricate dribbling does this) nor does it provide a cerebral strategic sim experience.
So it's just a failure.

Also playing with default kits, old squads, dreadful crowd and no long shots is just too much to sacrifice for the sake of a slightly softer, freer game.

I may try pes 2017. I played 4 seasons of ML with leicester, most of that time leaping off the sofa when I scored important goals...I've never had the feeling again...its also the only pes I stopped playing because of circumstances rather growing sick of it...
partly disagreeing here! :)

long shots are possbile and do work afaik... they even look more life like, imo, due to lower speed and weight!
about team compression: yeah, that aint the strongest part. but still its ok, imo. a super duper organic team behaviour isnt gonna distract me from ice skating players that have no weight and inertia (the other game). in the end its down to everyones priorities. but thats only because we dont have a strong point in the game we all could agree on! ;)

to me its what i see and feel most of the time while having this game running. menus are bad, yes, but i dont play menu simulator! nets are shite, well i dont play net configurator!

2017 is the "complete fun package" for me (strikes fun and sim parts pretty good equally for me) where 2020 vanilla is the youngest brother (from a different mother :LOL: )... its fun to play but in a different way. hard for me to explain in detail.

Last edited:
party disagreeing here! :)

long shots are possbile and do work afaik... they even look more life like, imo, due to lower speed and weight!
about team compression: yeah, that aint the strongest part. but still its ok, imo. a super duper organic team behaviour isnt gonna distract me from ice skating players that have no weight and inertia (the other game). in the end its down to everyones priorities. but thats only because we dont have a strong point in the game we all could agree on! ;)

2017 is the "fun package" for me!

Its a fair point, that the game has no standout qualities for us to agree on. Its like we're all stuck finding things we can get some enjoyment from.

I just find with long shots, that anything further than 20 yards, the keeper does that weird salmon dive forward.

I think I'm just a bit weary with the game now. Going back to DP 8 again, I just realised its probably not better than vanilla, but even then, neither is super-addictive-fun. I'll be selling it again, thankfully at no loss from purchase price.

I just realised your demos are linked to your ps account not console, so I just downloaded my old pes 18 lite demo. You can see the work that went into 2020, there certainly things that became better. But along the way, they just lost much, so many gameplay elements, variety etc, it just doesnt seem like it was worth it in the end...

Re the other game, weirdly, this year I can look past the skatiness, which I normally hate. The teammate attacking AI and close dribbling are just so much fun. And all the freedom we're starved of in pes...

Its a fair point, that the game has no standout qualities for us to agree on. Its like we're all stuck finding things we can get some enjoyment from.

I just find with long shots, that anything further than 20 yards, the keeper does that weird salmon dive forward.

I think I'm just a bit weary with the game now. Going back to DP 8 again, I just realised its probably not better than vanilla, but even then, neither is super-addictive-fun. I'll be selling it again, thankfully at no loss from purchase price.

I just realised your demos are linked to your ps account not console, so I just downloaded my old pes 18 lite demo. You can see the work that went into 2020, there certainly things that became better. But along the way, they just lost much, so many gameplay elements, variety etc, it just doesnt seem like it was worth it in the end...

Re the other game, weirdly, this year I can look past the skatiness, which I normally hate. The teammate attacking AI and close dribbling are just so much fun. And all the freedom we're starved of in pes...
see, my personal preference wont ever let me go back to DP8. i just cant stand the stupid AI attack pattern. the two!!
plus in the vanilla, players feel so different, even when colliding into each other or turning around... even that "foot behind" animation is shorter... they are more agile and i like that a lot!

and yes... i love how runs are made by my mate in the other games... the whole team moves more life like... like a breathing organism some sorts...! ;)

Pro Selecting Soccer - the freeware that lets you choose gameplay aspects from every game on the planet (same genre) and create a new game from that!
think PS dreams here for football! :D oh man.. i wish!!!

see, my personal preference wont ever let me go back to DP8. i just cant stand the stupid AI attack pattern. the two!!
plus in the vanilla, players feel so different, even when colliding into each other or turning around... even that "foot behind" animation is shorter... they are more agile and i like that a lot!

and yes... i love how runs are made by my mate in the other games... the whole team moves more life like... like a breathing organism some sorts...! ;)

Pro Selecting Soccer - the freeware that lets you choose gameplay aspects from every game on the planet (same genre) and create a new game from that!

What a game that would be.
First up, pes 15 PA1 passing.
Then, Pes 11 shooting.

Just had a quick whirl on pes 19 lite. Actually pretty good...

What a game that would be.
First up, pes 15 PA1 passing.
Then, Pes 11 shooting.

Just had a quick whirl on pes 19 lite. Actually pretty good...
Being striclty due limited time, among 2018-2019-2020 i can say that every game has some DOs and some DONTs. It is completelly up to you , what you can bypass and what you cannot stand.

@slamsoze
I think you brought up Ansu Fati previously.
Is he in the game (perhaps unassigned players) and if not, why not?
I see a couple of others from the b-sqaud on Barca's a-team, but not him. Seems weird with him being the most prominent of the b-sqaud players this year and Konami doing updates throughout the year.

If not in the game, do you have a guide to create him?

Tried both my Milan league mode on TP and my Sampdoria ML professional difficulty.
This game is so fucking bad,it's not a novelty playing older games and thinking they're good just for a brief moment etc.
This game is plain and simple rubbish,the worst on this console gen.
I'd take 15-16 (shit goalies and shit defenders) 17-18-19 before this game anyday.

I can play league mode on all other games and enjoy them regardless if the ML feels crap,this I can't.
Rubbish game!

fully agree i keep coming back thinking ok i will master it i remember some struggles on 2018 i eventually mastered that game perfectly but this...it flat out refuses to let you play football and be creative in the final third there is literally no give when it comes to the AI

when you are playing Juve Stabia and their players are like cyborg tanks with homing missile passing and bionic legs to intercept and disposess you and their 64 rated right back recovers from 20 years behind to tackle you and run off with ball like you are playing twice as slow you realise there is no learning curve with this game the AI are cyborgs and its not even that they are good, organic and smart they are just overpowered and sapping any joy from you

@slamsoze
I think you brought up Ansu Fati previously.
Is he in the game (perhaps unassigned players) and if not, why not?
I see a couple of others from the b-sqaud on Barca's a-team, but not him. Seems weird with him being the most prominent of the b-sqaud players this year and Konami doing updates throughout the year.

If not in the game, do you have a guide to create him?
He was removed after Datapack and/or/but cause of a Live Update due to KONAMI, i do not know the exact reason. I recovered him by my second PS profile, while i opened it up with my internet connection closed and the game was not updated since. So i exported him in a Club from AFC, Melbourne Victory.

I can give you the export, if you want to import him back to game, but i am not sure if it will work for you, since the latest bug of KONAMI after the LiveUpdate of 16/7/2020/ Do you want to give a try? It is pretty simple, you just import the Melbourne Vitory.ted i have.

Basically if you haven't apply the latest live updates after 16/07, you can import him for sure.

fully agree i keep coming back thinking ok i will master it i remember some struggles on 2018 i eventually mastered that game perfectly but this...it flat out refuses to let you play football and be creative in the final third there is literally no give when it comes to the AI

when you are playing Juve Stabia and their players are like cyborg tanks with homing missile passing and bionic legs to intercept and disposess you and their 64 rated right back recovers from 20 years behind to tackle you and run off with ball like you are playing twice as slow you realise there is no learning curve with this game the AI are cyborgs and its not even that they are good, organic and smart they are just overpowered and sapping any joy from you
That's so true you can play pass/dribble perfectly til the 3/3 then you're suddenly under other rules,nothing works,it's just a gamble young se everytime.
Horrible game

Agreed! The ai in vanilla is much more varied and organic which adds a much more level of depth to offline. In the patched version the ai has had most of the depth removed which leaves almost every match against the ai feeling like a one dimensional grind. I keep hoping that with every live update, the ai will miraculously get that level of depth back but all we get is extremely brief glimpses of Pes ai individuality.

Last edited:
i think 1.03 or 1.04 was my favorite patch , loads of variety, loads of fouls - the patch before xmas was the only one i saw the ai get a straight red for a professional foul and penalties existed - i'm back to vanilla now when i can be bothered playing

Thanks! 😊
About it, i worked on the V7, but it was ended from July, with every transfers from Others America, stats updated from J-League PesMobile, shoes updated for every created teams and few corrections made (duplicates removed etc., but i noticed 3 new)
I'm was also done but some days later, a correction with every fake faces/errors corrections from South/North America, and Asia (also a tons of faces remade from players who were totally wrong)

For example in terms of data, South Africa have the record of the more players wrong i've found for a "licenced" teams. I mean big errors. Not Konami's fault : it's because there's a lot of player with very different data. But if you don't check pictures to compare... You will never be fixed if the player is OK or not.
Example of how i found those errors: That player is 198cm on PES and also on many websites. BUT he's also 179cm on others website:
https://www.pesmaster.com/t-hlatshwayo/pes-2020/player/104906/

So firstly, i check on soccerway (or other globalsportsarchive, footballinups etc. a tons of website) one game were the player was on the lineup, and with which number he played. Then i compare with others better known player on the teams, i mean players you can thrust.

HLASHWAYO is the Last UP/Right player from the team on the picture (i founded more but one is sufficient) :
https://www.fourfourtwo.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Bafana-v-Paraguay.jpg
Does he looks more 179 or 198 in your opinion? Well, He's smaller than some 180-182cm players, it's a game from 2018 against Paraguay at home if you want to check by yourself.

Now, for teams with very youth players registred (especially on fakes NT), it's about approximation.
I try to found two is possible, well known player which is with it at first. If i don't found it, i check on video an compare.
The level of approximation become less accurate but still better than for example 170cm 68kg for Asian typed players is the standard Hgt/weight, it's still better to have something closer, not only for representiation, but also for gameplay and physics. About weight, it's an estimation if he's more muscular, a bit fat, average, slimer or more stocky than average etc.
But it's more versatile. A player can take 10 kg in one year, especially youth player who goes to higher team and gets a training increased, or long time injured player.

I'm was doing the same as this forum without knowing it, same process : https://www.foroalturas.com/f2-estatura-real-y-peso-real-de-futbolistas

When they "release" the real height/weight later on some website, my approximations are like 1 or 2 cm max difference, or equal.

I'm proud of it, i don't want to trow me flower, but that full time job deserves.... A full time job lol. I would like to postulate to Soccerway, or also Konami, and purpose that system.
And get the most accurate database ever made in any website or game.
Got everything on excel, but i miss some links to add for many players in European leagues i've done last year unfortunately. I don't want to share it right now, because firstly it's uncomplete, then it's a lot of research. It's a project to purpose for websites, but if i can, i will apply it for every teams on PES 2021.
The only issue is with DLC, they changes stats. And i got to recopy or reset every player modded. The changelog on PESDB is not very well made, you can't rank players teams it's automatically ranked by OVR, pretty annoying if you have changed 2000 players to make a manual research.

Right now, i'm focusing on Euro teams : it will be probably the most played mode. So i correct all mistakes.
Some teams i thinked to be hard to do wasn't that much (Faroe Islands) but it wasn't the case from the small teams like Gibraltar.
Liechsteintein wasn't hard to found errors, but faces were really bad. Faroe Islands aren't that bad, there's a lot of players from Sweden or Denmark leagues.
I also takes notes about real boots wearing lol.

Sorry if i'm of thread. Just wanted to explain. I rarely (well never) talk about it, as i'm very focused on it and not sure it will interest people but to me, height/weight and faces are pretty important in every aspect. Leagues and Football games should have more communication regarding data for more accuracy, or Fifpro (because it's "their" players) should build a website with accurate information, being more involved about them so some website or agency promotion wouldn't have the right to "increase" some of their player weight (i saw on youtube some player's promotions vids, with information given 188cm when they were 182 in reality or telling that their player are both footed lol)

Last edited:
i think 1.03 or 1.04 was my favorite patch , loads of variety, loads of fouls - the patch before xmas was the only one i saw the ai get a straight red for a professional foul and penalties existed - i'm back to vanilla now when i can be bothered playing

Sounds about right for me. I remember really enjoying it around Christmas.

Ah, i forget about the biggest work i've done on V7 : Updating and correcting every clubs from Liga Aguila, even if didn't created promoted it was really hardcore, with the same system for height weight as above, but also blank faces corrected (like there https://www.pesmaster.com/j-prent/pes-2020/player/129622/)
I was hell to found some pictures about the tons of U19 players they added on teams for some reasons (example : teams from 2018 season, possibility of transfers and teams reduced to 15 players etc.)
I was more or less certains that they would have loosed Liga Colombia for PES 2021 update or not, and it was supposed to replace PLA.

But i will remade Liga MX instead, even if i'd have preferred to add Uruguay, or Ecuador for a full South American experience...
But It's too much work for the last version of PES with those appearance/faces parameters. And i got already a basis to work on (my 4 created MX teams + Erzo's ones, i will correct faces especially. So the full Sudam experience will be for PES 2022, and Liga MX is at least better in terms of structure than MLS, got an History with Libertadores, and in terms of quality it's the best Concacaf league so....

Not a big fan of that facemaking (erzo didn't do every player), even if it's really worked so i won't say it's bad, i respect any work as long as there's a lot of work behind it.
But traits are a bit exaggerated, there's too much open mouth (if a player smile on a picture > open mouth) and i don't know if they looks better in game, but those traits a bit over-exaggerated are making the player more cartoon than human on Edit Mode. But stats and structure are good to my taste, just a few adjustment.

He was removed after Datapack and/or/but cause of a Live Update due to KONAMI, i do not know the exact reason. I recovered him by my second PS profile, while i opened it up with my internet connection closed and the game was not updated since. So i exported him in a Club from AFC, Melbourne Victory.

I can give you the export, if you want to import him back to game, but i am not sure if it will work for you, since the latest bug of KONAMI after the LiveUpdate of 16/7/2020/ Do you want to give a try? It is pretty simple, you just import the Melbourne Vitory.ted i have.

Basically if you haven't apply the latest live updates after 16/07, you can import him for sure.

Thanks man, only konami would remove him in an update for no apparant reason:NO:

Thank you for the offer to share him, but I'll be away from home for the next week or so. Maybe I'll take you up on it later.
I have the game with latest patch so don't know if it's worth the trouble, and besides, I'm really tempted to try out vanilla when I return, so then I wouldn't be able to import anything.

Can anyone compare vanilla version Super Star level to Super Star on latest patch?

Thanks man, only konami would remove him in an update for no apparant reason:NO:

Thank you for the offer to share him, but I'll be away from home for the next week or so. Maybe I'll take you up on it later.
I have the game with latest patch so don't know if it's worth the trouble, and besides, I'm really tempted to try out vanilla when I return, so then I wouldn't be able to import anything.

Can anyone compare vanilla version Super Star level to Super Star on latest patch?

DP 8.01 (or whatever the last one is) has Fati as a 74 rated free agent in Master League, and that's after the latest live update (or it was before today).

1.04 for sure, really well received before Konami had a sh1t around February time with 1.05.

Is this just me or... 17, 18, 19, and 20, if you've had a good season in ML up to the end of the December, the game decides to pull you back again with a mixture of draws and defeats, maybe the odd win? I've felt this in practically every season of ML I've played over the past 4 years. After say 6 weeks results pick up again but it's almost like your held back and the flow disappears from matches before returning again.

BTW i think vanilla version, is very possible to include him.
DP 8.01 (or whatever the last one is) has Fati as a 74 rated free agent in Master League, and that's after the latest live update (or it was before today).
When did you start this specific ML save? Also when you apply Live Updates, do you tick both boxes?Club and NT rosters?

BTW i think vanilla version, is very possible to include him.

When did you start this specific ML save? Also when you apply Live Updates, do you tick both boxes?Club and NT rosters?

Started this ML around 10 days ago. Ticked both boxes yeah. Would normally only tick NT in case it messes with ML saves.

Started this ML around 10 days ago. Ticked both boxes yeah. Would normally only tick NT in case it messes with ML saves.
Do you mean: You applied the latest Live Update, then started a Master League and Ansu Fati was there? Without any possible OF intervation? And he is with his scanned face and his gameplan miniface? And in the free agents?

Back
Top Bottom